Interista809
Magricos
The Madrid One
fatman123
Dnmac4
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Wenger Over or Under Rated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Wenger Over or Under Rated?

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:22 pm

He's a prisoner of his own policy basically

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is Wenger Over or Under Rated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Wenger Over or Under Rated?

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:00 pm

RealGunner wrote:He's a prisoner of his own policy basically

Agreed, but from an outsiders point of view it seems like such a simple problem to solve. If Arsenal would just raise there wage structure I think they would retain a lot of the players they lose, not all but a lot.

I mean they buy youth put all that time and money into making them good/great players and when they are really ready to benefit from all the time and money they invested they leave and you're forced to start the cycle all over again.

I mean they don't have to turn into Man City but they just aren't competitive with there pay and you can't expect players to stay if they can double there salaries somewhere else.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:10 pm

omarish wrote:
nichabr wrote:excuses excuses...wow at the people saying hes forced to buy youngsters when he can loan in or keep some of the veterans that they sold they would be a much more stable team if they kept some of the players they sold...wenger has both brought arsenal to the heights and imo currently bringing them back down...

Wenger says what he says so that word doesn't hit the market that Arsenal can't spend with the big boys. Losing the "elite" brand is pretty catastrophic. He has to play a game of smoke and mirrors until, hopefully, the finances sort themselves out. Doesn't have much time left now.

Loaning is what small clubs do

Also, what quality players can you loan? Wenger opted for buying youngsters with immense potential instead

funny so every club that loans a player is a small club? thats foolish..but what am i supposed to expect from a RM fan they prefer to spend cash just for spending sake.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Arsenal long term will be in incredible financial shape, at least. Shiny new stadium and once we get a decent sponsorship deal we can spend with the big boys.

The wage structure is slowly being changed... at least we have Mertesacker who's a newcomer earning 90k and I'm sure once van Persie sorts out his contract deal he'll be easily going 120k or so.

The rest, well, they'll have to be patient.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:39 pm

nichabr wrote:
omarish wrote:
nichabr wrote:excuses excuses...wow at the people saying hes forced to buy youngsters when he can loan in or keep some of the veterans that they sold they would be a much more stable team if they kept some of the players they sold...wenger has both brought arsenal to the heights and imo currently bringing them back down...

Wenger says what he says so that word doesn't hit the market that Arsenal can't spend with the big boys. Losing the "elite" brand is pretty catastrophic. He has to play a game of smoke and mirrors until, hopefully, the finances sort themselves out. Doesn't have much time left now.

Loaning is what small clubs do

Also, what quality players can you loan? Wenger opted for buying youngsters with immense potential instead

funny so every club that loans a player is a small club? thats foolish..but what am i supposed to expect from a RM fan they prefer to spend cash just for spending sake.

Yeah, we spend instead of loaning. We bought Adebayor for half of a season then gave him back to City didnt we?

Loaning a starting XI is different, that's a sign of a small team. When you are a elite you should be spending and not loaning all your players. You should be the one loaning.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Arsenal long term will be in incredible financial shape, at least. Shiny new stadium and once we get a decent sponsorship deal we can spend with the big boys.

The wage structure is slowly being changed... at least we have Mertesacker who's a newcomer earning 90k and I'm sure once van Persie sorts out his contract deal he'll be easily going 120k or so.

Thats'w where you're wrong, the rest don't have to be patient. They can force a transfer like Nasri did and go make more money somewhere else if they have a team who wants them. This is an issue they need to tackle NOW. Players have so much power these days.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:46 pm

id say hes rated perfectly. not under or over rated.

everyone has had plenty of time to analyze wenger. he is a fantastic manager who, despite finances, has done fantastic in one of the most competitive leagues over the past decade and a half or so.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:48 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Arsenal long term will be in incredible financial shape, at least. Shiny new stadium and once we get a decent sponsorship deal we can spend with the big boys.

Thats'w where you're wrong, the rest don't have to be patient. They can force a transfer like Nasri did and go make more money somewhere else if they have a team who wants them. This is an issue they need to tackle NOW. Players have so much power these days.
They could and they should, actually. Apart from van Persie, there's no KEY player we'd miss. Walcott won't be earning as much, but he sure as hell will get a raise in his new contract. Once we get rid of Almunia, Rosicky and probably Diaby, we have like 150k left in the wage bill.

I'm not expecting any big name signings, but at least we're going for more proven players now instead of a wave of kids which have more effect. Arteta, Santos, Mertesacker... all signings we would have never seen from Wenger a few years ago.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

They could and they should, actually. Apart from van Persie, there's no KEY player we'd miss. Walcott won't be earning as much, but he sure as hell will get a raise in his new contract. Once we get rid of Almunia, Rosicky and probably Diaby, we have like 150k left in the wage bill.

I'm not expecting any big name signings, but at least we're going for more proven players now instead of a wave of kids which have more effect. Arteta, Santos, Mertesacker... all signings we would have never seen from Wenger a few years ago.

Really? I think it would be devastating if you lost Sanga, Verm, Song, Wilshire, or Ramsey. I could see someone coming for Sanga this summer too if you guys finish outside the CL.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:04 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

Really? I think it would be devastating if you lost Sanga, Verm, Song, Wilshire, or Ramsey. I could see someone coming for Sanga this summer too if you guys finish outside the CL.
I'm talking about the guys with only a few years left in their contract (van Persie, Verm, Walcott and Song).They aren't earning much of anything, and if Merts is getting 90k they'll be around that number or so.

Wenger has already come out and said they'll be negotiating contract talks right away, instead of that bullshit "we're in the middle of the season" excuse, so at least there are being some changes. We'll have to wait and see how they turn out.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:30 pm

fatman123 wrote:10 years ago he was under rated, but unfortunately Wenger has aged like milk and is starting to become a tad over rated, having said that hes still probably the man for the job at arsenal but tbh if he goes this season and next season tropheyless it maight just be then end of his time as a gooner

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:45 pm

sportsczy wrote:Do people realize when Arsenal started having a trophy drought? Right after the building of Emirates stadium. Crushing debt = selling of some players = no ability to buy any WC players = no ability to pay WC wages.

Year after year, Wenger is forced to play 17-19 year old kids. And when these kids reach their potential? The salary structure is so low at the club that Arsenal is unable to keep the players.

To me, Wenger is a genius just to keep Arsenal competitive while having huge limitations.

Under rated imo. It's not like Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Barca or Madrid where you can pretty much buy and pay whoever you need.

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:53 pm

sportsczy wrote:Do people realize when Arsenal started having a trophy drought? Right after the building of Emirates stadium. Crushing debt = selling of some players = no ability to buy any WC players = no ability to pay WC wages.

Year after year, Wenger is forced to play 17-19 year old kids. And when these kids reach their potential? The salary structure is so low at the club that Arsenal is unable to keep the players.

To me, Wenger is a genius just to keep Arsenal competitive while having huge limitations.

Under rated imo. It's not like Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Barca or Madrid where you can pretty much buy and pay whoever you need.

It was probably the case when he started this policy but it's no longer the case since some years already. Arsenal has become a cash machine and Wenger still don't spend on World Class player.

He is a gamer lost in his belief that he will beat the odds. He started to think that his project was so great that he would just continue with the young growing and being completed by more young players.

But it is just not working. Even the players he has brought there don't believe in Arsenal anymore and are leaving when reaching their prime. He has to realize he won't succeed with his current policy.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:19 pm

No top team came up without spending.. Chelsea and Inter has shown it.. City is showing it... Any team can do it.. And once to sustain there you need to keep doing it.. But how did it Arsenal come up ? Thats why Wengers achievements are special and thats why i think he won the best coach of the decade.. So he will ever be one of greatest coaches... And no coach is perfect in all aspects..
The current situation is very different to that existed 6 to 7 years back.. Chelsea and City have bought football and together with Arsenals stadium loans have put some restrictions.. So winning the title or ending up as a runner up has become even more difficult... And its because of the great standards he have set and his huge success in the early years the expectations are so high.. And people demand it.. And when it does not come, they without considering the situation label him and his policy a failure...
Terribly underrated...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Wenger is working at a job of his caliber. He not over or under rated IMO
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:27 am

He spends like a small level club would.

So that said, I would honestly like to see him at a small level club. I think it would be amazing if he went to a small club and made them a constant top 4 level club year in and year out like he does with Arsenal.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:53 am

ali8775 wrote:
Magricos wrote:He isn't forced to play 17-19 year old "Kids" :coffee:

oh yeah, like when he had 5 million pounds to spend , he could easily go buy a 26 year old WC striker.

I'm not too sure he is the best when it comes to spotting talents though. He usually misses out on cheap top talents (<10m) to his rivals and deals with other ones.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:35 pm

english_jewel wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

oh yeah, like when he had 5 million pounds to spend , he could easily go buy a 26 year old WC striker.

I'm not too sure he is the best when it comes to spotting talents though. He usually misses out on cheap top talents (<10m) to his rivals and deals with other ones.

LOL...

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Wenger is a unique case in comparison to other managers.

SAF is first with Wenger coming second best managers in the world.

You cant simply compare likes of Mourinho or Mancini with Wenger and SAF because the formers switch clubs just like that with loads of cash to spend.

In todays football is really hard to pick an Everton and transform it to a Man Utd or Arsenal. So theres a reason why Wenger was chosen best manager of decade.

Today is almost impossible to build a stadium and pay it within half decade, and guess what? A club manager has done it and its Wenger.

Its true, fans never bother to look at bigger pictures.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:54 pm

Underated, although he does like to BS about the money etc I 100% blame the board and not Wenger although he shouldn't be so stubborn either Heart
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:00 pm

english_jewel wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

Dude its fun when you troll Arsenal once in a while..If you constantly keep trolling them with stupid posts like this ,it becomes all the more boring..I guess you need to realize that.. Smile
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Wegner is simply not the 2nd best manager in the world.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:44 pm

highburied wrote:Wenger is a unique case in comparison to other managers.

SAF is first with Wenger coming second best managers in the world.

Wait a second, who's lol'ing who? Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2