Has anyone tried out the new Windows 8 (DP)

+3
TalkingReckless
che
The BoyWonder
7 posters

Go down

Has anyone tried out the new Windows 8 (DP) Empty Has anyone tried out the new Windows 8 (DP)

Post by The BoyWonder Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:44 pm

SO smooth, so simplistic, so fast. I love W8. I love how the user interface is like a mobile smartphone. I have dual-booted it with Windows 7 on my laptop. works really fantastic. gonna show it to a couple of friends tommorow.

If haven't try it out yet, but you want to. or don't know about it. it's on the microsoft website. u need to dualboot it with your current os, google: dualbooting windows 8 with windows (7,xp,vista). whatever of tehse u use. enjoy

looking forward to the final version.

Last edited by The BoyWonder on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried out the new Windows 8 (DP) Empty Re: Has anyone tried out the new Windows 8 (DP)

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:45 pm

If I wanted top use my phone, I would simply use my phone.

I think its bs how they are trying to turn everything into a tablet/phone.

I will be sticking to win7 thats for sure

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried out the new Windows 8 (DP) Empty Re: Has anyone tried out the new Windows 8 (DP)

Post by che Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:16 pm

from what i've seen one of the "apps" on the win 8 green initial screen is a proper desktop like in win 7... though even explorer has the stupid ribbon :facepalm:

it's really ridiculous because even if you want to stick with win 7 you'll have to "upgrade" eventually to 8, microsoft would be throwing money down the drain if they kept supported win 7 for more than 2 years

you can thank apple fanboys for this bullshit, instead of common holographic displays and nanotechnology cpus we're getting an interface that's made for 6-year olds because apple have taught us that ease of use should be the benchmark and since they're successful everyone is copying it

thanks so *bleep* much for setting technology 10 years back you hipster morons
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:18 pm

che wrote:from what i've seen one of the "apps" on the win 8 green initial screen is a proper desktop like in win 7... though even explorer has the stupid ribbon :facepalm:

it's really ridiculous because even if you want to stick with win 7 you'll have to "upgrade" eventually to 8, microsoft would be throwing money down the drain if they kept supported win 7 for more than 2 years

you can thank apple fanboys for this bullshit, instead of common holographic displays and nanotechnology cpus we're getting an interface that's made for 6-year olds because apple have taught us that ease of use should be the benchmark and since they're successful everyone is copying it

thanks so *bleep* much for setting technology 10 years back you hipster morons

qfmft

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 am

i downloaded and burned it and was ready to install it but can't my laptop won't let me as it has a dynamic drive.....and the only way to install a dual boot is to lose all my data and possibably my win 7 Os Sad

but i tired it on my friends laptop and i am loving it Smile
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:02 am

i have windows xp on my work computer and its stable as *bleep*
while the win 7 on my laptop...

all hail XP, the greatest OS ever made
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:45 am

zizzle wrote:i have windows xp on my work computer and its stable as *bleep*

3.11 > XP Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:03 am

So now I have a Android Phone and a PC that's looking like my phone but its just bigger !?

This is so retarded ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:10 am

You can disable Metro UI through the registry :L

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:30 am

Crimson wrote:
zizzle wrote:i have windows xp on my work computer and its stable as *bleep*

3.11 > XP Wink

oh you brought back memories of the old days, the lunar landing game, the tower beep speakers and word 6 ! those were the days man

zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:49 am

Attempts to boot on virtual machine. *crashes* no surprise there I guess Neutral Still don't get why they are designing for touch screens when touch screens are not even common among desktops
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:39 am

lszanto wrote:Attempts to boot on virtual machine. *crashes* no surprise there I guess Neutral Still don't get why they are designing for touch screens when touch screens are not even common among desktops

might be cause of windows surface....which is a bloody awesome thing but too expensive and only for commerical use.... but some people who have hacked it have done awesome things with it....

plus touchscreen monitors will be the future once they get better
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down