McAgger
justdoit_
Gil
49 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Andy Carroll - Page 6 Empty Re: Andy Carroll

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:58 pm

Gil wrote:People are being too harsh on him. Steven Fletcher went for £12m and Carroll is miles better.

He was by a country mile the pikeys best player last season and most of them couldn't wait to have him back so I don't see why they would be disappointed.

As much as people like to pretend Carroll is Heskey quality there's not much of a difference between him and the likes of Giroud and Damiao in my opinion.

Carroll works harder for the team and has more potential as well.

You might want to look at the OP Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:14 pm

rofl rofl
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Gil wrote:People are being too harsh on him. Steven Fletcher went for £12m and Carroll is miles better.

He was by a country mile the pikeys best player last season and most of them couldn't wait to have him back so I don't see why they would be disappointed.

As much as people like to pretend Carroll is Heskey quality there's not much of a difference between him and the likes of Giroud and Damiao in my opinion.

Carroll works harder for the team and has more potential as well.
Agree. He's better than Giroud.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Now, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, could you explain more about why you think he's better?

But honestly, I'm really not the biggest Giroud fan, and would be very disappointed if we didn't get a striker who is an upgrade from him.. But I think he is better than Carroll at literally everything a striker can possibly be good at
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Gutted he is gone.

I wish him the best of luck for the rest of his career. Top guy, and a very good player, though at the wrong team. It wasn't his fault we ruined him by spunking that much money on him.

Best of luck Andy ! Hope to see you leading the line for 3-Lions in Brazil instead of Welshit.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:58 pm

How the f*** did Liverpool manage to sell him for that much? Top job whoever is behind this :bow: :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:58 pm

Hopefully Jääskeläinen will remain West Ham's starting 'keeper and I'll be watching a lot of West Ham's games next season. I really like Carroll, you don't get many top-level players like him in this time and age when speed and ball control is what everybody wank over, and I enjoy watching him play quite a bit. Thanks and see you around (just don't score against us and if you do, make it a consolation goal).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:29 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:How the f*** did Liverpool manage to sell him for that much? Top job whoever is behind this :bow::bow:
Ian Ayre Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:39 pm

Thanks to Andy for the winner against Everton, and the double against City. The money spent on him certainly wasn't Carroll's fault and I hope he finds success with West Ham, who can and will play more to his strengths.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:28 am

I'm rather bittersweet about Andy leaving.

It was rather pitiful to see him victim of Damien Commoli's absolute idiocy to rectify his failures and move on to splurge an absurd amount of monies onto a young player, who quite literally had his own grave dug by this move. Carroll's move was done sloppily and involved him in crossroads with Newcastle, Mike Ashley and LFC which eventually garnered the malign of the Geordies despite him having little say after Ashley accepted what was an "offer that couldn't be refused".

Thus the mentality that was struck upon him during the cold night of his arrival was already in visual evidence, as so shell shocked he was in the cataclysmic events of Transfer deadline, that it set his development back considerably.

Us Liverpool fans thus attempted to see the positive side with some resourceful thinking. Thinking such as "We now have a younger, hungrier prospect who can be moulded by the wondrous guidance of Kenny Dalglish" And we all firmly believed in it and would continue to do so if some factors did not fail.

Worse, his start to his Liverpool career was one that involved him rising above the sheer inertia of his unfitness caused by his drinking habits & brutal thigh injury. He seldom scored but when he did, he showed his near legendary brace v Manchester City and other such moments. Sadly, Kenny continually tried to attempt to fit him in by changing what was a very promising and fluid style, into one that would suit Andy Carroll's aerial ability, it also resulted in the stunted end Kenny's first season post-Hodgson.

Kenny is then assigned permanently, and the brilliant circus clown Damien Commolli decides that his pathetic statistical inference of Sabermetrics will base Kenny's tactics to Carroll's strengths. So the genius then goes for Stewart Downing which in Commoli logic =

"Since Downing has a high crossing percentage, that means all his wonderful one-footed crosses will equal Andy Carroll smashing them in his with skull"

We all knew how that went as Downing was everything that was said of him, minus the crossing and ability to play football.

Jordan Henderson was a worse signing. Why? He is a superb talent and we are glad to have him. But since Commoli read his causation stats to infer that Henderson was being misused as a Right-sided midfielder whose job is only to cross, he suggested him to fill the right-flank of our side.

Kenny then decides to build a side around Andy Carroll which involves him dropping his signature fluid and dynamic football into a football which involves aimless crosses onto Andy's greasy ponytail, thus having our team lose the identity which gave us so much optimism when Kenny was out witting all the PL managers in his first season.

What Kenny did not realize is that Andy was probably better with his feet than he was with his head. I've said it many times, Carroll isn't worth the price (obviously) yet he is much better than what people accredit him for. Everytime the ball was passed onto his feet, he made something of it whether in linking-up, or a clever pass inside the box while drifting wide followed by an intelligent diagonal run or a clever dribble to lose his marker. Results stated that every time we actually decided to play the ball to his feet, we played a lot better and thus effectively falling victim to Commoli's inference and the common myth that Carroll is just an old-school english #9 who can only head the ball.

Carroll saved a lot of our matches during the end of our season when he finally decided to score goals, yet it resulted in the demise of Kenny's long-term vision and his job. Hence our frustration to Carroll.

I will continue to support him in West Ham and am rather glad we have cut losses as close as we possibly as we never could have imagined Carroll being bought again for such a large sum as to what West Ham have bought him for now.

His injuries was the cause of his low scoring rate along with inconstancy with West Ham, yet his history states when he is in form, fitness and confidence...he is unplayable. Reminds me of Drogba in sorts when he leads the line so so well, moves well around the box for a man his size, allows attackers to come into play and consistently troubles the opposition with his direct play.

He simply would not fit within Rodger's plans. Not because he doesn't have the skill, yet his direct and specified attributes just weren't congruent with his plans and we all knew it. Andy is 24 now and has many years ahead of him, and I am confident under Big Sham he will find his consistent footing to a system which brings out his best.

I will continue to support him whether England or West Ham United.

Thank you Andy.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 am

Arquitescu wrote:I'm rather bittersweet about Andy leaving.

It was rather pitiful to see him victim of Damien Commoli's absolute idiocy to rectify his failures and move on to splurge an absurd amount of monies onto a young player, who quite literally had his own grave dug by this move. Carroll's move was done sloppily and involved him in crossroads with Newcastle, Mike Ashley and LFC which eventually garnered the malign of the Geordies despite him having little say after Ashley accepted what was an "offer that couldn't be refused".

Thus the mentality that was struck upon him during the cold night of his arrival was already in visual evidence, as so shell shocked he was in the cataclysmic events of Transfer deadline, that it set his development back considerably.

Us Liverpool fans thus attempted to see the positive side with some resourceful thinking. Thinking such as "We now have a younger, hungrier prospect who can be moulded by the wondrous guidance of Kenny Dalglish" And we all firmly believed in it and would continue to do so if some factors did not fail.

Worse, his start to his Liverpool career was one that involved him rising above the sheer inertia of his unfitness caused by his drinking habits & brutal thigh injury. He seldom scored but when he did, he showed his near legendary brace v Manchester City and other such moments. Sadly, Kenny continually tried to attempt to fit him in by changing what was a very promising and fluid style, into one that would suit Andy Carroll's aerial ability, it also resulted in the stunted end Kenny's first season post-Hodgson.

Kenny is then assigned permanently, and the brilliant circus clown Damien Commolli decides that his pathetic statistical inference of Sabermetrics will base Kenny's tactics to Carroll's strengths. So the genius then goes for Stewart Downing which in Commoli logic =

"Since Downing has a high crossing percentage, that means all his wonderful one-footed crosses will equal Andy Carroll smashing them in his with skull"

We all knew how that went as Downing was everything that was said of him, minus the crossing and ability to play football.

Jordan Henderson was a worse signing. Why? He is a superb talent and we are glad to have him. But since Commoli read his causation stats to infer that Henderson was being misused as a Right-sided midfielder whose job is only to cross, he suggested him to fill the right-flank of our side.

Kenny then decides to build a side around Andy Carroll which involves him dropping his signature fluid and dynamic football into a football which involves aimless crosses onto Andy's greasy ponytail, thus having our team lose the identity which gave us so much optimism when Kenny was out witting all the PL managers in his first season.

What Kenny did not realize is that Andy was probably better with his feet than he was with his head. I've said it many times, Carroll isn't worth the price (obviously) yet he is much better than what people accredit him for. Everytime the ball was passed onto his feet, he made something of it whether in linking-up, or a clever pass inside the box while drifting wide followed by an intelligent diagonal run or a clever dribble to lose his marker. Results stated that every time we actually decided to play the ball to his feet, we played a lot better and thus effectively falling victim to Commoli's inference and the common myth that Carroll is just an old-school english #9 who can only head the ball.

Carroll saved a lot of our matches during the end of our season when he finally decided to score goals, yet it resulted in the demise of Kenny's long-term vision and his job. Hence our frustration to Carroll.

I will continue to support him in West Ham and am rather glad we have cut losses as close as we possibly as we never could have imagined Carroll being bought again for such a large sum as to what West Ham have bought him for now.

His injuries was the cause of his low scoring rate along with inconstancy with West Ham, yet his history states when he is in form, fitness and confidence...he is unplayable. Reminds me of Drogba in sorts when he leads the line so so well, moves well around the box for a man his size, allows attackers to come into play and consistently troubles the opposition with his direct play.

He simply would not fit within Rodger's plans. Not because he doesn't have the skill, yet his direct and specified attributes just weren't congruent with his plans and we all knew it. Andy is 24 now and has many years ahead of him, and I am confident under Big Sham he will find his consistent footing to a system which brings out his best.

I will continue to support him whether England or West Ham United.

Thank you Andy.    

rofl
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Equal to Giroud, reminiscent of Drogba Proud
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor