What do you think is worse for football in the Real Madrid game?

+20
Doc
Albiceleste
aford92
billy_gr
EarlyPrototype
Art Morte
fatman123
Mr Nick09
PinePHresh
VanDeezNuts
zizzle
Kev
Pedram
billionmillion
Serge Gnabry
Le Samourai
the xcx
izzy
SaintJoe
BarrileteCosmico
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you think... ?

What do you think is worse for football in the Real Madrid game? - Page 2 Vote_lcap72%What do you think is worse for football in the Real Madrid game? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 26 ]
What do you think is worse for football in the Real Madrid game? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%What do you think is worse for football in the Real Madrid game? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 36

What do you think is worse for football in the Real Madrid game? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think is worse for football in the Real Madrid game?

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:57 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Art Morte wrote:For the game, diving is worse.

For players, reckless plays are worse.

Explain further. What's the distinction you're making?

Also, Pepe wasn't reckless, that implies a general lack of decision making but a mistake in the end. He was violent.

Diving is worse for football. In pretty much any game or sport, it doesn't get worse than cheating and diving is just that.

Reckless or violent plays like Pepe's there are not as bad for football - partly because they happen so seldom - but they are worse for the players as it is their health that is getting risked when someone starts doing the reckless stuff.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

What do you think is worse for football in the Real Madrid game? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think is worse for football in the Real Madrid game?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:03 am

Is diving cheating though? In Di Maria's culture it doesn't have the stigma that it has in the English one. If he gets caught, sure, but Di Maria probably just sees it as tricking the ref. I feel like a lot of times the very strong anti-diving attitudes from this forum aren't shared by the players. They're judged by different moral standards than the ones they hold.

That's not to say I condone it, but I definitely think a potentially career ending tackle made out of spite has worse implications.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:09 am

Diving is cheating and nothing else. Tricking the ref is just cheating. Obviously if the reckless challenge is potentially a career ending one then that is the worse of all, but they come rarely as apposed to diving.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Stopping diving is so easy, you just have to have a no-tolerance attitude towards it. If someone dives they get sent off and banned for 3 matches, if they do it again, 5 matches. I guarantee they will stop doing it.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:11 pm

aford92 wrote:Stopping diving is so easy, you just have to have a no-tolerance attitude towards it. If someone dives they get sent off and banned for 3 matches, if they do it again, 5 matches. I guarantee they will stop doing it.
I think barca fans would be against that rule, because they never wouldnt have been able to play their best eleven.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Lol yeah, like Marcelo, Di Maria and Ronaldo will ever finish a game
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:14 pm

billy_gr wrote:
Lol yeah, like Marcelo, Di Maria and Ronaldo will ever finish a game
If I recall 10>3
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Not 10 dude ,it's 11.
No wait, add the subs too...

Get real. I can't stand Busquets, Alves and recently Pedro but to suggest the whole team is like this is way off
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Why is it that Madrid fans constantly try to divert the attention to Barcelona whenever they are caught diving :facepalm: stop derailing threads ffs.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:52 pm

Stop derailing a thread that has a distinct trollish flavour? Hmm. I too wonder why certain of my fellow RM posters deflect so much but I digress, I could live with both and I'm being honest.

What's that, how could I live with such monstrosity? Di Maria dives and Pepe would kill someone, you should be ashamed Doc. The truth is, I cannot change how they play nor do I have enough influence to tell Perez and Jose to ditch those 2 losers. So I just learn to deal with both individuals with a mixture of tolerance and indifference because when they actually perform true to their talents, I would sing their praises so why castrate them now that they are under the gun.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Why is it that Madrid fans constantly try to divert the attention to Barcelona whenever they are caught diving :facepalm: stop derailing threads ffs.

What do you think is worse for football in the Real Madrid game? - Page 2 Failed_troll1-300x300
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:31 pm

That Levante player doesn't kick the ball away and Pepe wouldn't have done that.

Look guys, Pepe is insane. We get it but at the very least he's honest. He's a thug but honest. That Levante player shouldn't have been acting like a b*tch. You act like a b*tch and you feel the wrath of Pepe. Simple as.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:32 pm

I think Pepe is clean and honorable tbh
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Pepe's is probably worse. He is such a violent guy that consistently makes poor decisions.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Pepe does magic tricks for little kids during his spare time.

True story. :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipeFerreira Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:00 am

Zealous wrote:That Levante player doesn't kick the ball away and Pepe wouldn't have done that.

Look guys, Pepe is insane. We get it but at the very least he's honest. He's a thug but honest. That Levante player shouldn't have been acting like a b*tch. You act like a b*tch and you feel the wrath of Pepe. Simple as.

QFT.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : FC Porto

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:25 am

Meh Pepe is Pepe.

What pissed me off was DI Maria he basically cost the game being a b****

Seriously hope he had to apologise to the team for doing what he did and costing us the game

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2