B-Mac
Sushi Master
BeautifulGame
Ganso
Adit
Onyx
10 posters

Go down

Zabaleta, Lescott and Barry... Empty Zabaleta, Lescott and Barry...

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:50 pm

Why didn't Man City buy a RB, CB and a CM?

I know they have Richards and Toure, but still...

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Zabaleta, Lescott and Barry... Empty Re: Zabaleta, Lescott and Barry...

Post by Adit Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:52 pm

They have to play some where right? smoking
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Barry isnt that bad imo.....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Maybe because they are doing a very good job for City.

Dont judge Barry and Lescott on how he plays for England.Both are very good proven premier league players who put in consistent performances regularly.Both at Everton, Villa and now at City.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:55 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Maybe because they are doing a very good job for City.

Dont judge Barry and Lescott on how he plays for England.Both are very good proven premier league players who put in consistent performances regularly.Both at Everton, Villa and now at City.

They might be proven EPL players but there's a lot of European players who people would probably take over them in terms of the CL.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Barry is misused as a DM imo,he got no skills to do that.De jong is the missing piece there.Barry offers no protection to back line nor does he have the abilities for a good Anchor man.

Zabaleta is average,but good for a back up.

The need a Better CB than lescott to win the league imo.should have gone for Garay or Jones.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:58 pm

Toure will be coming back soon.

You also can't assume everyone is a whore and wants to leave for City, or that players are available, or that clubs want to sell.

Zabaleta is good enough. Lescott does his job. Barry can have decent matches and fits into Mancini's grind style.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:05 pm

mtfootball wrote:

They might be proven EPL players but there's a lot of European players who people would probably take over them in terms of the CL.

True to an extent.But they are already being successful at city so why fix something which aint broken.

Also Barry is more of squad player who will be rotated with De jong and Yaya Toure.But I dont think there are really too many CB available that are better than Lescott at the moment even given City's money.

I personally think there is a real shortage of quality CB in football currently.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:11 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
mtfootball wrote:

True to an extent.But they are already being successful at city so why fix something which aint broken.

Also Barry is more of squad player who will be rotated with De jong and Yaya Toure.But I dont think there are really too many CB available that are better than Lescott at the moment even given City's money.

I personally think there is a real shortage of quality CB in football currently.

no United just has them all :coffee:

trolling europe
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:15 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
mtfootball wrote:

trolling europe

I said quality CBs not just bunch of youngster making up numbers :coffee:

/troll
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:15 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
mtfootball wrote:

trolling europe

Dortmund says hi :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
mtfootball wrote:

trolling europe

Dortmund says hi :coffee:
Zabaleta, Lescott and Barry... Silence%202
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Arsenal says hi.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:26 pm

I dont think the likes of Hummels or Jones or Subotic are really world class tbh.I just think there arent too many world class CB atm like in last few years particularly when u consider the likes of Nesta Puyol Ferdinand Carvalho Terry Lucio are all in decline.Most of these played couldnt yet be replaced by their clubs for that precise reason.

There is a real scarcity of world class CB in football imo.Only ones i could say truely world class atm are Vidic Pique Cheilini Silva and may be Pepe at a stretch.Thats it.Not the same as last few years ago
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:31 pm

That's true, but all those guys you mentioned are potentially world class. Plus one of those really good CBs might make the next step anytime now, who knows. Guys like Vermaelen, Hoewedes, Boatstuber, David Luiz etc.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Arsenal says hi.

LOL

:bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:26 pm

I think Lescott has quitely gone about the job well this season. His first season he was terrible but since Toure has been out, for me he has done very well. He has flaws and he doesnt look the most comfortable on the ball but he is doing a decent job. Once Toure gets back, they are set in that position for a while yet.

Richards who is the normal rightback not Zab, I have been very critcal of but he is finally looking like he "gets it". He is a force when he gets moving and while he still looks a bit raw technically he sheer force alone gets him into positons often enough to make something happen. He seems to have lost a tad bit of bulk and is back to being just as quick as we was strong.

I dont and will never like Barry, but Yaya and De Jong are surely first choice when City play with Nasri, Silva, Aguero and Dzkeo or Tevez. So him as 3rd choice isnt a problem.

Aslong as he plays with one of those two, they can cover up his failures.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:32 pm

There must be something to Barry that us regular football fans gont get. He cant be as bad as ppl think he is and get constantly picked by managers like Mancini and Capello (two Italian lads known for their tactics).
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Yeah, I heard a few people say that. How is it everyone hates Barry yet so many coaches seem to rate him.

I am not sure.

I suppose he runs alot, probably always up there stats wise in terms of distance covered. I guess also, he never tries to do anything he cant do. Never tries to play a pass he cant pass, doesnt try and dribble, doesnt try anything fancy.

I think he is positionally sound, when playing next to a defensive midfielder, he wont get caught out of position and will always be there to form that 2 man protection to the back 4. Dont see him caught out of position often.

But is all that really enough for a top team? I dont think it is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down