nichabr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Iceman
TPSPriceless
bloodless
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Italian league and it's bizare transfers Empty Italian league and it's bizare transfers

Post by bloodless Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:57 am

I can't understand it for the life of me, I know that on the field the rivalry between teams are unparalleld but how is it that teams competing at the same levels are switching players between each other like its nothing?

One player that has played for inter, milan, juve bieng a norm....napoli just CO-OWNING a player with there direct rival.... cavani moving on a loan from a direct rival....borrielo moving str8 from milan to roma, toni to juve

like what the hell? :S

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Italian league and it's bizare transfers Empty Re: Italian league and it's bizare transfers

Post by TPSPriceless Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:06 pm

If you bothered to look at the transfers you would understand why. Pirlo switched to Milan 10 years ago and is now not part of Milan's plan anymore. He still has a lot to give so there is no reason for him to switch to EPL or La Liga. And Boriello is an average player who didn't cut it at Milan thus why he moved to the very weakened Roma side (they even bought Adriano). Napoli got Cavani on loan with an option to buy for something around €18 m. Toni was playing for Genoa when he came to us, not exactly a "direct rival".

The same things happen in all leagues, Figo, Ronaldo (R9), Rooney, etc.
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Italian league and it's bizare transfers Empty Re: Italian league and it's bizare transfers

Post by bloodless Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:22 pm

TPSPriceless wrote:If you bothered to look at the transfers you would understand why. Pirlo switched to Milan 10 years ago and is now not part of Milan's plan anymore. He still has a lot to give so there is no reason for him to switch to EPL or La Liga. And Boriello is an average player who didn't cut it at Milan thus why he moved to the very weakened Roma side (they even bought Adriano). Napoli got Cavani on loan with an option to buy for something around €18 m. Toni was playing for Genoa when he came to us, not exactly a "direct rival".

The same things happen in all leagues, Figo, Ronaldo (R9), Rooney, etc.

dude, all these transsfers would not havve happened in the EPL....ferguson would not sell even darren gibson to wenger....

cavani moving on loan to buy for 18 million, first thts BS there's no 18 million clause, second why would u LOAN a player to your rivals ffs?

anyways it's all very wierd if u ask me

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:23 pm

explain the criscito trnsfer jus now?

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Not entirely true

We did get Silvestre from Ferguson, albeit he only gave him to us because he knew that he's shit.
We gave Chelsea A.Cole, didn't we? Yes, they aren't our main rivals but they are our main competition.
We got Campbell from Spurs, but he then became a hated man over there. I don't really see many supporters hating the players that transfer to rival clubs in Italy

I can't understand the Cavani deal though, I really can't. It makes zero sense to me.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Is the old forum still open? if so i made a post there which explains everything and i would post it here for you.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:34 pm

The old forum has been officially removed. The domain does not exist, it just redirects you to a goal.com page saying that they removed the forums
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Iceman wrote:Not entirely true

We did get Silvestre from Ferguson, albeit he only gave him to us because he knew that he's shit.
We gave Chelsea A.Cole, didn't we? Yes, they aren't our main rivals but they are our main competition.
We got Campbell from Spurs, but he then became a hated man over there. I don't really see many supporters hating the players that transfer to rival clubs in Italy

I can't understand the Cavani deal though, I really can't. It makes zero sense to me.

lol u kiddin me @ mentioning silvestre? tht has to be one of the most bizarree transfers and even at tht he is and was shit...BUT STILL it was a shocking move!!! FFS pirlo is about to leave milan for juve(yes on free) but still the betrayal factor is not even being thought of or mentioned by fans or media either

A.cole and campbell like u said while happening where bizzaree and heated transfers! in italy, it's NORMAL...dis is the difference im emphasizing on and really if there's an explanation i just want to hear it cos it seems a bit wierd

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Iceman wrote:The old forum has been officially removed. The domain does not exist, it just redirects you to a goal.com page saying that they removed the forums

Ok i will post the reasons why later i would do it now but firstly iam at work and dont really have the time to wait paragraphs explaining and secondly i need to think what iam going to write lol.

I some how think Forza will get here before me though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Iceman wrote:The old forum has been officially removed. The domain does not exist, it just redirects you to a goal.com page saying that they removed the forums

Ok i will post the reasons why later i would do it now but firstly iam at work and dont really have the time to wait paragraphs explaining and secondly i need to think what iam going to write lol.

I some how think Forza will get here before me though.

nice one dude, much appreciated

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:45 pm

pirlo left because he isnt part of the team anymore....and milan and juve dont bear ill will to each other...its not as if juve stole him they got him because milan released him.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:48 pm

The Cavani deal seems to be confusing people the most so I'll focus on some of the circumstances.

Zamparini realised he couldn't keep Cavani at the club as he was no longer happy to be at Palermo and was determined to sell him and accepted what he thought was a reasonable bid at the time. Notably a bid which seems laughable after the season he has, but here is the clinching factor in my eyes.

Zamparini, under no circumstances, expected Cavani to absolutely explode and score 26 goals in Serie A and 7 in the Europa League, constantly claiming precious points in the final minutes of games. An article I read in December outlined that Napoli had in Serie A and their Europa League group gained an extra 21 points through goals in the final 15 minutes of the game. Cavani was thought of as a decent striker but it really wasn't that amazing a deal. It would be like us saying: "Why on earth are Sunderland selling Darren Bent to Aston Villa? What sort of league is this, have they no sense of competition whatsoever?"
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:00 pm

In Italy it's more about relationships between the presidents than the rivalries...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Some "rivalries" being mentioned are not even rivalries at all.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:18 pm

I'm not really familiar with the rivalries in Italy.
Does somebody care enough to make a list :?: tongue
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:19 pm

If you ask me, I don't get it either. I wouldn't want to play for another team in the same league after I played for ten years....

But I do admit that if I still want to play and there is no room for me in the team I would have to move. Just like Pirlo did.

He also moved because Juve doesn't have a lot of game to play next season so he can be relaxed.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Iceman wrote:I'm not really familiar with the rivalries in Italy.
Does somebody care enough to make a list :?: tongue

Milan-Inter
Inter-Juve
Roma-Lazio
Palermo-Catania
Napoli-Milan
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:24 pm

dostoevsky wrote:The Cavani deal seems to be confusing people the most so I'll focus on some of the circumstances.

Zamparini realised he couldn't keep Cavani at the club as he was no longer happy to be at Palermo and was determined to sell him and accepted what he thought was a reasonable bid at the time. Notably a bid which seems laughable after the season he has, but here is the clinching factor in my eyes.

Zamparini, under no circumstances, expected Cavani to absolutely explode and score 26 goals in Serie A and 7 in the Europa League, constantly claiming precious points in the final minutes of games. An article I read in December outlined that Napoli had in Serie A and their Europa League group gained an extra 21 points through goals in the final 15 minutes of the game. Cavani was thought of as a decent striker but it really wasn't that amazing a deal. It would be like us saying: "Why on earth are Sunderland selling Darren Bent to Aston Villa? What sort of league is this, have they no sense of competition whatsoever?"

sunderland are not an ambitious club.....one would think tht palermo fights for atleasta a place ina europa league...

sunderland's first aima no matter how well they've done is to aoid relegation...and even at tht it took 25 million POUNDS! thts 35 million euro's....tlels u errthing u needto know

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:26 pm

milanista99 wrote:Some "rivalries" being mentioned are not even rivalries at all.

maybe i wasnt clear, by rivalry i refer to both traditional rivalries and the fact that now they are competing for similar positions

like in EPL, a relegation threatened team will almost never sell to a fellow relegation candidate...a europa league candidate will not sell to a fellow candidate...even movement amongst the mid-tablers with nothin to play for is rare!!....thts my point

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:30 pm

serie a doesnt have the financial power like la liga's big two or the premier league..so more often than not some top serie a clubs resort to this kind of co-ownership deals or loan deals..well i dont think its bizarre, i just feel its good negotiating skills..and most of the serie a clubs are owned by businessmen so thr are good relationships b/w the serie a clubs..i think napoli have done a great job in acquiring cavani on loan and criscito on co-ownership deal..pls dont use the word 'bizarre'..these are good business deals !!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:41 pm

bloodless wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:The Cavani deal seems to be confusing people the most so I'll focus on some of the circumstances.

sunderland are not an ambitious club.....one would think tht palermo fights for atleasta a place ina europa league...

sunderland's first aima no matter how well they've done is to aoid relegation...and even at tht it took 25 million POUNDS! thts 35 million euro's....tlels u errthing u needto know

As I said, Zamparini didn't believe it would hurt the club that much when he took the best deal he could get financially; a lot of people rated Abel Hernandez as the larger talent at the time. Zamparini is also slightly insane and pride partly leads to players being sold below their price - Garrone let Cassano go for free effectively with the 5 million fee going entirely to Madrid - however it was a fair price and he bet on the wrong player. With the inconsistent nature of clubs such as Udinese, Genoa, Napoli etc every year a lot depends on pragmatism, this just ended up being incredibly unbalanced.

As for Sunderland they negotiated well, but Bent is English, Villa had money and needed a striker who performs when he's the biggest fish and the pressure isn't to maintain a high place.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:50 pm

bloodless wrote:
milanista99 wrote:Some "rivalries" being mentioned are not even rivalries at all.

maybe i wasnt clear, by rivalry i refer to both traditional rivalries and the fact that now they are competing for similar positions

like in EPL, a relegation threatened team will almost never sell to a fellow relegation candidate...a europa league candidate will not sell to a fellow candidate...even movement amongst the mid-tablers with nothin to play for is rare!!....thts my point

torres from liverpool to chelsea
carroll from newcastle to liverpool
rooney from everton to united
berbatov from spurs to united
ferdinand from leeds to united
milner from villa to city
bent from sunderland to villa
sidwell from villa to sunderland
pienaar from everton to spurs
ireland from city to villa
Benayoun from liverpool to chelsea

also you're using logic repeatedly to excuse the epl which you use to incriminate serie a

Napoli and Genoa aren't rivals nor are they competing for the same thing...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Actually Palermo offered Cavani and Kjaer to Spurs for around 18 mil . But the Great 'Arry "wheeling Deeling " Rednapp though they are not good enough for Spurs .

Triffic 'Arry is an understatement .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:15 pm

bloodless wrote:

Liverpool sold Torres to Chelsea, both are UCL teams. Villa sold Milner and Lescott to Man City, both are Europa level teams (at the time). Subsequently, Sunderland sold Bent to Villa, one was avoiding relegation while the other was gunning for a Europa spot. And Juventus and Milan are not rivals, not in the same light as Napoli - Juventus, Genoa - Sampdoria, Roma Lazio, Milan Inter, Juventus Torino. I believe both clubs have a gentleman's thing going on and neither like Inter so they share a common bond...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:28 pm

When we sold Bent to villa we were fighting for a Europa position, Villa were fighting relegation, it was a panic buy on their behalf.

Villa had already approached & sorted out the deal with Bent behind our back. He handed in a transfer request and ran to hide in a hotel in Birmingham.

Yes he was under contract and we could of realisticly kept him, but Quinn has a philosophy of only wanting hungry players at the club who want to play for us.

Money grabbers are not welcome. We have had discussions with players in the past who were just interested about money and the club decided to walk away from the deal. They are not the right kind of players for us.

Money really does talk though, if a team offers a substantial fee for a player most clubs would at least consider it regardless if they are competitors or not. Ronaldo to Madrid for example, they are both competitors at CL level. That sale didn't indicate Man Utd have no ambition.

Where money isnt such a consideration like in Man city's case for example, they wont sell to competitors. They have had a number of players the likes of Liverpool & City have been interested in but would not sell due to competition for similar league positions.

I think some of it also comes down to relationships between owners & managers. Although not competitors we have a pretty good relationship with Man Utd, the same can be said of City after we lent them an emergency goal keeper.

However after taking Bruce from Wigan & Lee Cattermole they hate us and will make any dealings very difficult.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next