nichabr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Iceman
TPSPriceless
bloodless
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Italian league and it's bizare transfers - Page 3 Empty Re: Italian league and it's bizare transfers

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:13 pm

if you knew anything about those you would know

that City paid 20mil+ for Lescott.... plus Lescott had publicly said many times he wanted to leave...and Everton were forced into doing so

Barry had been unsettled due to Liverpool's bid to get him and he wanted out too.....Liverpool were looking to replace Alonso with Barry....but it didn't happen in the end... but it caused problems from Villa....as they had a player who wanted to leave.... City came in and offer $12mil for him...Villa were forced it take it

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Italian league and it's bizare transfers - Page 3 Empty Re: Italian league and it's bizare transfers

Post by S Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:17 pm

imalegend wrote:if you knew anything about those you would know

that City paid 20mil+ for Lescott.... plus Lescott had publicly said many times he wanted to leave...and Everton were forced into doing so

Barry had been unsettled due to Liverpool's bid to get him and he wanted out too.....Liverpool were looking to replace Alonso with Barry....but it didn't happen in the end... but it caused problems from Villa....as they had a player who wanted to leave.... City came in and offer $12mil for him...Villa were forced it take it
so were cavani,borriello and criscito..cavani and criscito wanted a new challenge..borriello went to roma for more playing time..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jafaar Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:37 pm

point being is that players transfer from one club to another all the time... whether is a rivalry or not... its business... no league doesn't do this...

Those are just players off the top of my head that wore different jerseys within england...

Joe Cole is another... Chelsea to Liverpool...
Jafaar
Jafaar
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by joksa Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:42 pm

Are you guys certain you know what a rivalry is?

Doesn't seem like it tbh... But well, carry onItalian league and it's bizare transfers - Page 3 Smoker
joksa
joksa
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:50 am

absolute fail in the comparisons being made....

berbatov cost 40 million euro's at age of 28 yrs old nd he was sold by a tottenham side fighting relegation at tht time...

adebayor, toure? really? lol arsenal made about 60 million euro's in sale of the two players who were not wanted nemore lol

torres was off form and then sold for 70 million euro's....

the comparison's are lame but o k

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:27 am

bloodless wrote:absolute fail in the comparisons being made....

berbatov cost 40 million euro's at age of 28 yrs old nd he was sold by a tottenham side fighting relegation at tht time...

adebayor, toure? really? lol arsenal made about 60 million euro's in sale of the two players who were not wanted nemore lol

Arsenal would have done better if they had kept those experienced players. Liverpool probably did the right thing. Of course I support Liverpool in the EPL, so i could be biased.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:32 am

absolute fail in ur comparisions as well..napoli are a bigger and a more historic club than palermo and genoa so cavani and criscito signed for them..while borriello was struggling for playing time with the arrival of ibra ,he did reject juventus but in the end he chose a team playing in cl i.e roma..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:50 am

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/man_utd/74521/man-utd-set-samir-nasri-ball-rolling-liverpool-lodge-5m-gael-clichy-bid.html

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:05 am

bloodless wrote:I can't understand it for the life of me, I know that on the field the rivalry between teams are unparalleld but how is it that teams competing at the same levels are switching players between each other like its nothing?

One player that has played for inter, milan, juve bieng a norm....napoli just CO-OWNING a player with there direct rival.... cavani moving on a loan from a direct rival....borrielo moving str8 from milan to roma, toni to juve

like what the hell? :S

Genoa and Napoli are rivals. News to me...

Cavani wanted to leave Palermo. Zamaparini offered him an extension but he declined. Inter and Napoli came with offers. Napoli offer loan with option to boy and Inter wanted him for 13 million I think, Cavani chose Napoli. No one in their wildest dreams would imagine Cavani having a season like this, he just exploded out of nowhere.

Borrielo was surplus to requirements at Milan after Ibrahimovich and Robinho arrived. Roma came with the best offer and Milan accepted it. And it's not like he is Bobo Vieri V2, average striker.

Toni moved from Genoa to Juve, again news to me that they are rivals.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:15 am

what is so bizzare?? do you share your xbox or ps3 with your siblings even if youd ont like each other?? main reason, cheaper.....
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:24 am

Lol at Genoa and Napoli being rivals. Genoa's only rivals are Sampdoria...

I-no wrote:what is so bizzare?? do you share your xbox or ps3 with your siblings even if youd ont like each other?? main reason, cheaper.....

Brilliant comparison cheers
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Bump.. Very Happy

Add two more to the list..

Raul Meireles to Chelsea ,Nasri to City..

Epl fans talking about italian transfers..Ironic that this thread is made by an arsenal fan Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:51 pm

OMFG EPL ALWAYS TRANSFERRING TO RIVALS FFS

Clichy to City
Nasri to City
Benayoun to Chelsea then to Arsenal
Raul Miereles to Chelsea
Craig Bellamy to Liverpool

absolutely ridiculous ffs
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:53 pm

to be fair to us, we don't co-own or loan.

City paid Bellamy off, so he can join us for free.....GET IN Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Yossi benayoun just says hi. Very Happy .And we're talking about one of the most decorated and fiercest rivalries in England..

And half of the teams mentioned by the OP arent traditional rivals and they have different set of ambitions..

Co-Ownership is one of a kind..We most often see a big serie a club co-owning a player with a small serie a team..Not Milan and Inter co-owning a player..lmao..

It is quite useful and works to a certain teams advantage in difficult financial circumstances..If you think its bizarre i dont know what to say really..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:07 pm

I love how they call Serie A retirement home...Read sig :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:28 pm

bloodless wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:The Cavani deal seems to be confusing people the most so I'll focus on some of the circumstances.

Zamparini realised he couldn't keep Cavani at the club as he was no longer happy to be at Palermo and was determined to sell him and accepted what he thought was a reasonable bid at the time. Notably a bid which seems laughable after the season he has, but here is the clinching factor in my eyes.

Zamparini, under no circumstances, expected Cavani to absolutely explode and score 26 goals in Serie A and 7 in the Europa League, constantly claiming precious points in the final minutes of games. An article I read in December outlined that Napoli had in Serie A and their Europa League group gained an extra 21 points through goals in the final 15 minutes of the game. Cavani was thought of as a decent striker but it really wasn't that amazing a deal. It would be like us saying: "Why on earth are Sunderland selling Darren Bent to Aston Villa? What sort of league is this, have they no sense of competition whatsoever?"

sunderland are not an ambitious club.....one would think tht palermo fights for atleasta a place ina europa league...

sunderland's first aima no matter how well they've done is to aoid relegation...and even at tht it took 25 million POUNDS! thts 35 million euro's....tlels u errthing u needto know

Palermo had been in Serie B, Serie C1 and Serie C2 for 31 years until 2004 when they were promoted to Serie A. They are at the Udinese, Chievo, Parma level. Relegation is not an impossibility for Palermo. In fact, Sampdoria is a bigger team than Palermo, and they were relegated.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Juventus and Milan have a good relationship between managements. We loaned them Abbiatti in 2005, when Buffon was injured and they lacked a spare one.

Inter and Milan are rivals, but we are not like Barca-Real. There is competition and hatred, but we respect each other (I mean Italian fans not forums+management). There is no resentment between each other, as we used to be one family until 1908. Practice of sharing players is common for these two, as it is a good business.

Roma v Everyone. Its just happens, that their best players end up somewhere among Northern Trio. Management has good reps with many.

Roma v Lazio. Here we are talking. This is Barca-Real, thereofore many people call it main Italian derby, because there is an embedded hatred based in politics and history, a serious one.

Sampa v Genoa-also rarely will see transfers between each other.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:18 pm

so what i get from this statement is that as long as the selling team makes money, its ok...

/fail
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Arsenal FC: Proud feeder system to MCFC since 09
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:20 pm

I-no wrote:what is so bizzare?? do you share your xbox or ps3 with your siblings even if youd ont like each other?? main reason, cheaper.....

lol epic
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:32 pm

king_alex10 wrote:Arsenal FC: Proud feeder system to MCFC since 09

agree

wish we could throw trash there more often
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:

agree

Nasri is trash??

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:35 pm

english_jewel wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

agree

Nasri is trash??

3 players > 1 player
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Liverpool: Official feeder of Chelsea since 2010 :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Sepi wrote:Liverpool: Official feeder of Chelsea since 2010 :coffee:

Feeder of dead wood. Business worth at 67m pounds...and counting Evil or Very Mad

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next