Marvin Martin is overrated

+13
julias
Arquitecto
cookie
Lex
Serge Gnabry
Ganso
Iceman
Adit
Gil
Sushi Master
REWB
Mr Nick09
Babun
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Babun Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:53 pm

He was given the reigns today instead of Nasri, was absolutely anonymous. France's midfield was a mess because M'Vila looked bad sorting out everything on his own. France will struggle a lot in European Cup if they don't find proper source of creativity from midfield Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:54 pm

nice troll Babun, waiting for sportsczy to go rampage? Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by REWB Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:55 pm

one game and he is overrated.... you are the knee jerk master. you have to give him time...he is new to top level football.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5436
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Babun Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:56 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:nice troll Babun, waiting for sportsczy to go rampage? Very Happy
No troll, it's the truth. He couldn't do anything under pressure Very Happy Götze>>> him by miles Very Happy
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:one game and he is overrated.... you are the knee jerk master. you have to give him time...he is new to top level football.
He didn't do ANYTHING of notice Very Happy Not a single remarkable pass or something, he was just there plain anonymous Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Cabaye was actually good, though (inb4mole). Although let's be serious: that pitch was atrocious. If it was gonna be THAT bad, they'd might as well just gotten artificial grass.

France defended well, got the ball out of the area in a nice Cabaye-M'Vila-Ribery combination... then hit the final 3rd and everything went to shit due to the grass looking like Rooney's face.

But yeah, Godze >>> Martin. Even Professor Wenger agrees.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Gil Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Waiting for Sportczy to blame Malouda again. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Adit Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:00 pm

Lets blame the pitch for once right?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9571
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Iceman Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Didn't watch the match, but there's a reason why Wenger didn't make a serious approach for him. It wasn't just due to the fact that he had only one good season, for Wenger bid on players like Gotze too. I don't know what it is, but Le Prof always knows.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Ganso Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:01 pm

this guy comes to mind whenever i read his name

Marvin Martin is overrated Marvin_the_martian-5205
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Serge Gnabry Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 pm

I wish Babun would stop talking about Götze, in a few weeks the whole board will hate poor little Mario only because of babun. Very Happy
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 581
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Oh please. He played on a potato field where nobody could string two passes together. In fact, players were afraid to make runs because the turf would lift = injury risk. The whole team was static. The only thing that worked here and there was Evra and Ribery doing really short passing on the left wing... Evra almost killed himself doing it actually as his ankle got stuck in the turf during a tackle. Impossible for the truly technical players to even try anything as you saw with Martin and Benz... you couldn't change directions on that field. Speed wing players were the only guys who had any chance.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:03 pm

I dont think even Stoke could have played their game on that pitch
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Lex Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Dammit, Ganso beat me to it
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15098
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Ganso Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Serge Gnabry wrote:I wish Babun would stop talking about Götze, in a few weeks the whole board will hate poor little Mario only because of babun. Very Happy
i already hate him :brickwall:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Babun Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Serge Gnabry wrote:I wish Babun would stop talking about Götze, in a few weeks the whole board will hate poor little Mario only because of babun. Very Happy
He won a red card and was involved in moves Very Happy That was what I expected from him without piggy and little support Very Happy When Muller came on, they bossed them totally Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:Oh please. He played on a potato field where nobody could string two passes together. In fact, players were afraid to make runs because the turf would lift = injury risk. The whole team was static. The only thing that worked here and there was Evra and Ribery doing really short passing on the left wing... Evra almost killed himself doing it actually as his ankle got stuck in the turf during a tackle. Impossible for the truly technical players to even try anything as you saw with Martin and Benz... you couldn't change directions on that field. Speed wing players were the only guys who had any chance.
Ribery didn't do many of his speed runs, actually. The left side of the pitch was in shambles, he had to cut in and stick round center/right hand side Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by cookie Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

babun1024 wrote:No troll, it's the truth. He couldn't do anything under pressure Very Happy Götze>>> him by miles Very Happy

double standard
as if fat midget did anything impresive to poland
speaking bout overrated no one beat fat midget!!

cookie
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Babun Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:07 pm

cookie wrote:
babun1024 wrote:No troll, it's the truth. He couldn't do anything under pressure Very Happy Götze>>> him by miles Very Happy

double standard
as if fat midget did anything impresive to poland
speaking bout overrated no one beat fat midget!!
You hate all German players but sorry they own Very Happy Your overrated Muller ran circles around the defence and caused two goals in 15 minutes Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 pm

cookie wrote:
babun1024 wrote:No troll, it's the truth. He couldn't do anything under pressure Very Happy Götze>>> him by miles Very Happy

double standard
as if fat midget did anything impresive to poland
speaking bout overrated no one beat fat midget!!
Doesn't being Champion of Germany and rapist of Brazil count? He's not a midget BTW (I made the same mistake). He's nearly 180 cm.

Even Wenger's giving out 35m bids for him.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by cookie Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:10 pm

babun1024 wrote:
You hate all German players but sorry they own Very Happy Your overrated Muller ran circles around the defence and caused two goals in 15 minutes Very Happy
mueller dives bounce


Last edited by cookie on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

cookie
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Oh please. He played on a potato field where nobody could string two passes together. In fact, players were afraid to make runs because the turf would lift = injury risk. The whole team was static. The only thing that worked here and there was Evra and Ribery doing really short passing on the left wing... Evra almost killed himself doing it actually as his ankle got stuck in the turf during a tackle. Impossible for the truly technical players to even try anything as you saw with Martin and Benz... you couldn't change directions on that field. Speed wing players were the only guys who had any chance.
Ribery didn't do many of his speed runs, actually. The left side of the pitch was in shambles, he had to cut in and stick round center/right hand side Laughing

He would just push the ball. He didn't cut. Him and evra would try to make one dribble and just go down the sideline together. and find each other on quick passing when defenders cam up. Nothing fancy at all. No point in making runs because it was impossible for midfielder to make an accurate mid rang to long pass. Every time you tried to put down you pivot foot to strike, the field would lift lol.... accuracy down the toilet.

There was no linkup work (maybe one between Ribery and Benz) and no buildup. You had moats all over the field lol.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Knee jerk thread is knee jerk.

isn't this Martin's first NT app?

Besides, he still has the potential to be pulling the strings for France.

One of my favs as Arsenal need to pick him up in Jan
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12223
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:13 pm

He played against Ukraine in the last 20 mins and scored 2 goals + 1 assist. Martin also played against Poland and looked good. Both friendlies.

He played the last 10 mins against Albania and this game... first 2 official games.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Iceman Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Poland's defense and reduction to 10 men had a lot more to do with those two goals than Mueller did.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Knee jerk thread is knee jerk.

isn't this Martin's first NT app?

Besides, he still has the potential to be pulling the strings for France.

One of my favs as Arsenal need to pick him up in Jan

not really, maybe 4th or 5th and his first average performance.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marvin Martin is overrated Empty Re: Marvin Martin is overrated

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum