lszanto
Sushi Master
billionmillion
RealGunner
juventus101
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Romario...best finisher ever? Empty Romario...best finisher ever?

Post by juventus101 Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Whenit came purely to finishing, I have to say Romario was the best ive ever seen, though I havent watched Gerd Muller other than YouTube (from what ive seen of YT id say Gerd is number 1), but other than the Bomber, is Romario the best pure goalscorer ever? Hes so underrated.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Romario...best finisher ever? Empty Re: Romario...best finisher ever?

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:37 pm

van basten Smile
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:15 pm

Finishing means?
He had great accuracy and great brain (just like most of brazilian players) for a striker
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:01 pm

Sorry, the Eternal Champion is Gerd Mueller.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:07 am

RealGunner wrote:van basten Smile

Hell yes. Ball enters the box = goal.

Messi.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:20 am

The best finisher?idk. One of the most underrated strikers ever?yes.

One of the greatest of all time,yet i rarely see people mentioning him.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:33 am

Van Nistelrooy ⭐
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:51 am

Van Basten
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Hernan Crespo
Gabriel Batistuta

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:52 pm

cristiano ronaldo Twisted Evil
since people call him rvn with legs or whatever

actually it is rvn.. as a purte finisher..raul and pippo were class too
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Pippo Inzaghi and David Trezeguet are/were magical.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:57 pm

diptiman wrote:cristiano ronaldo Twisted Evil

Messi is a better finisher than Ronaldo...
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:00 pm

Ronaldo is a good,strong finisher,lets keep it at that.not even top 5 in the world imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Romario was one of those really annoying forwards. He'll do literally and I mean literally nothing for 89 minutes and don't look like doing anything period. All of a sudden, he ghosts past whatever defense and gets on to a through ball and boom, goal. The man had the best off the ball running I've ever seen and his finishing matched that level.

He, however, was never underrated. He is rated quite highly among the Brasilian great forwards.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:00 pm

lszanto wrote:
diptiman wrote:cristiano ronaldo Twisted Evil

Messi is a better finisher than Ronaldo...

in the modern world these two are the best finishers no doubt

but messi may be ahead in other skills but finishing they are not that far away from each other.. i mean ronaldo shoots from everywere but i am talking bout close range finishing and lets face it both are really clinical at that
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:23 am

Romario great

Batistuta better
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:15 am

Crespo is extremely underrated on these forums I believe, class player.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:09 am

RealGunner wrote:van basten Smile

this
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:30 am

Lionel Messi wrote:Crespo is extremely underrated on these forums I believe, class player.

Crespo sucks...... :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:53 am

Ruud is the best finisher the game has seen....There re others that come close but just on pure finishing....Van Nistelrooy is second to none.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Romario...best finisher ever? Empty Romario is the best finisher and centre forward I have seen!

Post by andy.mayor11 Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:00 pm

I think it depends hows fanboy you are. I grew up watching Romario since he arrived at PSV Eindhoven(holland) in 1988. I have seen his game and I do understand his style very well. Romario is an unusual type of centre forward. His strategy is the element of surprise. He is like a great white shark. He won't attack until he is thoroughly sure that if he bites it will be a definite kill. If he is in doubt, why waist energy? He will lure around spotting the defenders weakness. He will wait patiently without running around wasting valuable energy. And than suddenly he's gone! I mean gone! Not like Ronaldo's long and powerful sprint. Not like Crhistiano Ronaldo's flashy tricks and moves. Because he didn't need power nor flashy tricks to score. All he used was a great insight of what was going on the pitch, to be at the right spot at the right time, and use the element of surprise. Once he had the ball it was all over because he had the advantage of being ahead of the defenders, always one step ahead. He had already calculated and computed what step will be next. During interview Ronaldinho quoted: "Romario never kicked the ball hard trying to beat the goalman, he simply put the ball where the goalman couldnt reach it. A clinical and yet gentle touch. He never looked at the goal before kicking since his orientation was pure instinctive." Romario was the most intelligent and efficient striker ever on the pitch. His goal ratio was higher than Ronaldo or any one else, except for Gerd Muller! Romario's ratio was 0.80. His goal ratio during his prime was one goal in every game! Ronaldo's ratio was something like 0.673. And don't forget Ronaldo played more caps than Romario. Ronaldo:92 caps 62 goals. Romario 70 caps 55 goals. Gerd Muller has got the highest ratio of them all in history so this says a lot about Gerd Muller's quality. Sad I have never seen him play though. I have never seen Pele play either so I cannot speak on their behalf. I can only speak on behalf of those I have seen.

I have seen Ronaldo (since I am his big fan) and Romario (my idol). I have even seen both play live in the Phillips stadium in Holland.

Even though both were centre forwards, they were very different players. Bebeto how had played along both of them during two world cups has said. "Ronaldo plaid the game of Power, while Romario plaid a simple collective game". What he meant was that Romario was old school. It is clear to me Ronaldo was a powerfull sprinter (dribbler) with a powerful shot but he lacked touch and he never scored a goal with the head. No player how cannot score with the head qualifies as the best. Simple! Romario scored more goals with his head then Ronaldo with his legs. I am not de-rating Ronaldo's game, no by no means! I am simply saying that in front of the goal, inside the box, Romario was more efficient, scored more in fewer attempts. Ronaldo is great but not that great. He was simply very popular, just like Beckham. Because they were very flashy and succeeded in building a hugh fan community across the world, by commercial stunts outside the pitch, influencing a lot of youngsters. On the contrary, in Europe, Romario was hated, because he had a big mouth, and liked parties. He seldom showed up during training. And this makes him, to me, the most natural talented striker of the nineties. Because all he had achieved, 1994 world cup(including golden ball), 3x Dutch top scorer, 1x spanish top scorer(pichichi), and so many other accolades at top level, was without training hard.

Romario, Rivaldo, Baggio, Cruyff, Michael Laudrup are the most underrated players in football history.

Last edited by andy.mayor11 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

andy.mayor11
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:03 pm

Gerd wins. Van Basten is the best I ahve seen.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:38 am

andy.mayor11 wrote:I think it depends hows fanboy you are. I grew up watching Romario since he arrived at PSV Eindhoven(holland) in 1988. I have seen his game and I do understand his style very well. Romario is an unusual type of centre forward. His strategy is the element of surprise. He is like a great white shark. He won't attack until he is thoroughly sure that if he bites it will be a definite kill. If he is in doubt, why waist energy? He will lure around spotting the defenders weakness. He will wait patiently without running around wasting valuable energy. And than suddenly he's gone! I mean gone! Not like Ronaldo's long and powerful sprint. Not like Crhistiano Ronaldo's flashy tricks and moves. Because he didn't need power nor flashy tricks to score. All he used was a great insight of what was going on the pitch, to be at the right spot at the right time, and use the element of surprise. Once he had the ball it was all over because he had the advantage of being ahead of the defenders, always one step ahead. He had already calculated and computed what step will be next. During interview Ronaldinho quoted: "Romario never kicked the ball hard trying to beat the goalman, he simply put the ball where the goalman couldnt reach it. A clinical and yet gentle touch. He never looked at the goal before kicking since his orientation was pure instinctive." Romario was the most intelligent and efficient striker ever on the pitch. His goal ratio was higher than Ronaldo or any one else, except for Gerd Muller! Romario's ratio was 0.80. His goal ratio during his prime was one goal in every game! Ronaldo's ratio was something like 0.673. And don't forget Ronaldo played more caps than Romario. Ronaldo:92 caps 62 goals. Romario 70 caps 55 goals. Gerd Muller has got the highest ratio of them all in history so this says a lot about Gerd Muller's quality. Sad I have never seen him play though. I have never seen Pele play either so I cannot speak on their behalf. I can only speak on behalf of those I have seen.

I have seen Ronaldo (since I am his big fan) and Romario (my idol). I have even seen both play live in the Phillips stadium in Holland.

Even though both were centre forwards, they were very different players. Bebeto how had played along both of them during two world cups has said. "Ronaldo plaid the game of Power, while Romario plaid a simple collective game". What he meant was that Romario was old school. It is clear to me Ronaldo was a powerfull sprinter (dribbler) with a powerful shot but he lacked touch and he never scored a goal with the head. No player how cannot score with the head qualifies as the best. Simple! Romario scored more goals with his head then Ronaldo with his legs. I am not de-rating Ronaldo's game, no by no means! I am simply saying that in front of the goal, inside the box, Romario was more efficient, scored more in fewer attempts. Ronaldo is great but not that great. He was simply very popular, just like Beckham. Because they were very flashy and succeeded in building a hugh fan community across the world, by commercial stunts outside the pitch, influencing a lot of youngsters. On the contrary, in Europe, Romario was hated, because he had a big mouth, and liked parties. He seldom showed up during training. And this makes him, to me, the most natural talented striker of the nineties. Because all he had achieved, 1994 world cup(including golden ball), 3x Dutch top scorer, 1x spanish top scorer(pichichi), and so many other accolades at top level, was without training hard.

Romario, Rivaldo, Baggio, Cruyff, Michael Laudrup are the most underrated players in football history.

Now this is excellent post What a Face. I agree, R9 is super awesome and was arguably the best in the last decade, but Romario was on the same tier with him, just different talents. However Cruyff is not underrated man, he is often regarded in the same tier with maradona, pele, beckenbauer, and di stefano, and rightly so. Rivaldo is probably a tier below the names there though, very close btw. eco smile
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_San_Mia Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:40 am

Mario Gomez
Mia_San_Mia
Mia_San_Mia
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:58 am

Mia_San_Mia wrote:Mario Gomez

Laughing

Bayern fans are funny, humble and respectful.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next