Highburied
LeSwagg James
Ganso
lenear1030
Jeps33178
63 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Whats so special about Van Persie? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats so special about Van Persie?

Post by The Madrid One Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:33 am

could it be that his supposed superiority against others is the only bit of pride that is left..?

hes not even the best striker in the epl.

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Whats so special about Van Persie? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats so special about Van Persie?

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:36 am

I can never quite accurately rate Van Persie, because you always have the feeling that he isn't quite there, not 100 percent. He is either injured, not having his day, but his potential, yes his poteeeeential is much higher, everyone will say.

I am not quite sure what he is really capable of, but the times that he does seem to be in form, he is amazing, no doubt, but not an unforgettable player like Rooney and possibly Suarez and Aguero will be - unless he can prove himself for real now.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:37 am

Rooney is unforgettable for all the wrong reasons

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:40 am

Meh, I think we will remember Rooney as a great player.
He is by no means one of my favourites, I am not a fan, but you have to be honest. He is a bit outshined by two certain other players, but he was clearly great, especially when he was very young.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:58 am

ronney is the best striker in the imo, then aguero(not sure about him yet). everyone else is a good 3rd: rvp, suarez etc
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:14 am

People that say RVP needs a feeder are so wrong. Last year our club was in the worst form in forever and RVP still managed to score every game.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:14 am

rvp deserves the credit he gets, he is a great striker !!

u cant blame the guy for his injuries
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:21 am

RVP is the best Striker in EPL. RVP is a scoring machine, and just wait until the end of the season.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:23 am

hitshot wrote:Suarez is not better than RVP, but everyone else on that list is...
Top 5 strikers in the PL for sure

RVP is a pure Finisher, Suarez can create and finish Suarez>RVP

RVP is nothing but a trigger man with a wicked left foot
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:30 am

Lex wrote:Outscored Darth Rooney last season whilst playing in half the games Rooney did

yeah, overrated Rolling Eyes

Rooney 16 Goals and 14 Assists

Van Persie 18 Goals 7 Assists

you decide who the more complete player is and more influential to the team.... :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:32 am

tsgooner1 wrote:People that say RVP needs a feeder are so wrong. Last year our club was in the worst form in forever and RVP still managed to score every game.

but arshavin and fabregas were both top 5 in Assists....no feeders at all :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:41 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
hitshot wrote:Suarez is not better than RVP, but everyone else on that list is...
Top 5 strikers in the PL for sure

RVP is a pure Finisher, Suarez can create and finish Suarez>RVP

RVP is nothing but a trigger man with a wicked left foot

RVP can create his own goals more then you think.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:53 am

If RVP was free of injury for an extended period of time, he woud blow up, exactly like how Robben went up to another level when he avoided injuries for like 8 months.

Should he avoid injuries and the entire team are playing well, he would blow up just like Robben did I feel.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:02 am

I agree with Dani, if he were to stay injury free for an extended amount of time then it would be much easier to judge him

as of now, all I think about when i hear about RvP is how he could POTENTIALLY be the best ST in EPL. Its not his fault he's always injured but potential doesnt really grant him a top 5 position
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:59 am

It's not often I agree with a Real fan but he's right, RVP is ridiculously overrated. Take away last season and his best ever season is 11 league goals. 11! Even Marlon Harewood beats that! He plays for a team that creates so many chances, he should score so many more goals. It's only Arsenal fans that think he's world class. IMO Arsenal missed a trick by signing a striker this transfer window. What's his record this season so far? 1 in 4, Leon Best has got 2 in 3 ffs.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:11 am

aford92 wrote:It's not often I agree with a Real fan but he's right, RVP is ridiculously overrated. Take away last season and his best ever season is 11 league goals. 11! Even Marlon Harewood beats that! He plays for a team that creates so many chances, he should score so many more goals. It's only Arsenal fans that think he's world class. IMO Arsenal missed a trick by signing a striker this transfer window. What's his record this season so far? 1 in 4, Leon Best has got 2 in 3 ffs.
You talk out of your ass, get your facts together, he has 2 goals this season. :coffee:

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:13 am

I think he's 4th, atm. Still better than Suarez, IMO.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:17 am

Lord Hispano wrote:I think he's 4th, atm. Still better than Suarez, IMO.

Last year he was 3erd best, We can judge him at the end of the season. I just hope he can stay healthy Surprised.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:20 am

As do I. Smile

An example of what I would want in a Forward. Weaker but Faster than Berbatov but both briming with Technique.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:28 am

how the frak are people saying he can't create when he played SS for most of his career? talking about his stats when he hadn't played as a ST except for the last 2 seasons ? the man can carry a team on his back, there was a whole month back in 08/09 where he scored/assisted every goal in that month. Last year he scored in almost every game he played in, he has great technique, great at finishing, composure, versatility, come on son you guys got Ed Lover here complaining
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:34 am

Apparently he'd score as much as Messi if not for his injuries. Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:57 am

He's an extremely complete striker able to score, create chances has decent physical attributes.

Sure, injuries are a problem and no one will rate him until he avoids them, but we'll see. He definitely is a great striker and anyone who watches him play will know that.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by gmos01 Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:59 am

And this is the reason i stopped posting on this forum, seriously. The season has just started & we havent had the best of starts.. ppl comparing RvP with players the play completely different roles on their team ffs. Let the league finish before you start flaming the guy
gmos01
gmos01
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:38 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Lex wrote:Outscored Darth Rooney last season whilst playing in half the games Rooney did

yeah, overrated Rolling Eyes

Rooney 16 Goals and 14 Assists -the whole season stats - 40 apps

Van Persie 18 Goals 7 Assists -in the league only-25 apps

you decide who the more complete player is and more influential to the team.... :coffee:

When you are painting a picture , complete it :coffee:
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
aford92 wrote:It's not often I agree with a Real fan but he's right, RVP is ridiculously overrated. Take away last season and his best ever season is 11 league goals. 11! Even Marlon Harewood beats that! He plays for a team that creates so many chances, he should score so many more goals. It's only Arsenal fans that think he's world class. IMO Arsenal missed a trick by signing a striker this transfer window. What's his record this season so far? 1 in 4, Leon Best has got 2 in 3 ffs.
You talk out of your ass, get your facts together, he has 2 goals this season. :coffee:

Ok 2 in 4, both of them tap ins that my grandmother could score and one of them against Man United when the game was already over and they were in cruise control (hence why nobody tried to close him down.)
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:00 pm

LOL at Crysenal fans xD
The best foward in EPL? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL damnnnnnnn!!!!

Rooney, Chicharito, Tevez, Aguero, Džeko, Drogba, Suarez > RVP
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next