Bayerns showpiece: the defence - A topsy-turvy world!

+8
chemicalboy99
Rabea
rwo power
The Messiah
CBarca
Sushi Master
Backspacer
BAYERN_MUNICH
12 posters

Go down

Bayerns showpiece: the defence - A topsy-turvy world! Empty Bayerns showpiece: the defence - A topsy-turvy world!

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 pm

one goal conceeded in the last 7 offical games

in the championship : 9:1 goals in 4 games
CL-Quali: 3:0 in 2 games
DFB-Cup: 3:0 in 1 game
Overall: 15:1

Bayerns weakest point over the past few years , the defence, finally seems to be stabilised. With the transfers of Neuer,Boateng and Rafinha our defence has become a lot stronger than the last years. The whole team is working for the defence including Ribery and Gomez. It was always our attack which had to save us by scroing more goals than we conceede.

I think Bayern will be a lot better than the last two years if we keep plaing like this, not letting many chances for the opponents to score. And about the attack we don't have to worry anyway Wink
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Bayerns showpiece: the defence - A topsy-turvy world! Empty Re: Bayerns showpiece: the defence - A topsy-turvy world!

Post by Backspacer Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Jupp has more to do with it than any player does.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Bayerns showpiece: the defence - A topsy-turvy world! Empty Re: Bayerns showpiece: the defence - A topsy-turvy world!

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Backspacer wrote:Jupp has more to do with it than any player does.
This. A simple change in tactics from gung ho attacking football to a more balanced approach does wonders. A deeper defensive line, and some actual defensive training which van Gaal never applied have changed Badstuber from flop to solid CB.

Rafinha is class and Boateng is very solid. We need more depth, though. Rafinha's only backup is Boateng who's a first choice CB, Breno is constantly injured and not tested yet, van Buyten... van Buyten. Contento also needs some games because while Lahm might be the Terminator, one day he's inevitably going to get injured.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Still early in the season... I hope for Bayerns sake that the defense is fixed though. They could be such a fantastic team if they have a stable defense.

I'll choose to wait for a little while before judging, but they're off to a good start.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:54 pm

CBarca wrote:Still early in the season... I hope for Bayerns sake that the defense is fixed though. They could be such a fantastic team if they have a stable defense.

I'll choose to wait for a little while before judging, but they're off to a good start.
It's improved so much in so little time, if you want to wait even more it's just going to be even more solid :coffee:

Heynckes isn't the type to f-up something that works midseason, a la van Gaal.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:59 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
CBarca wrote:Still early in the season... I hope for Bayerns sake that the defense is fixed though. They could be such a fantastic team if they have a stable defense.

It's improved so much in so little time, if you want to wait even more it's just going to be even more solid :coffee:

Heynckes isn't the type to f-up something that works midseason, a la van Gaal.

True. I'm just the wait and see type of person. I'm sure Bayern will have a great defense by midseason, seeing as they do already. But I just like to wait and see first. I'll reserve judgment for then.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:55 pm

The defense has improved greatly, the brain behind it is deifinitely Jupp.

I like how deep our cb's defend now and the cover they have whenever Tymo is playing although Gustavo is also very good and better in attacking.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Well, the defense looks pretty good - atm I'm more worried about the attack...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabea Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:06 pm

With Neuer between the post - who the *bleep* needs defense?

Rabea
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:23 pm

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:24 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
I can smell Mancini's reaction from all the way here.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:55 pm

Damn.. thats Lizarazu Sad i missed the show..!!

anyway.. I'm still not convinced with the CB partnership... we have tougher tests ahead.
But improvement is clear, and I cant say im not happy with Rafinha and Boateng.. both are great
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm waiting for they to play someone good before judging.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:11 pm

They need someone better to partner Boateng.....Budstuber sucks...then and only then will the defense be wc
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:20 pm

Badstuber improved a lot tbf.. and i'm impressed..
even van Buyten is getting his old form back progressively
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:21 pm

Geo wrote:Badstuber improved a lot tbf.. and i'm impressed..
even van Buyten is getting his old form back progressively

Defensive training FTW Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:22 pm

Badstuber is a very good defende when his not making mistake or pushing forward.

he can build attack from the back and I love his level of compusure.

We could have sign one defender and an attacker.....
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:21 am

We should have signed Alex or Zapata.. its too late now!

Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum