Iceman
B-Mac
Ali
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blackburn Rovers FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers FC

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Letting that 1 - 3 lead against Norwich slip away was truly bad of the Rovers.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:45 am

Your thoughts on David "Junior" Hoilett?

The Rovers' 21-year-old Canadian striker / winger. He's scored two goals this season and has looked really sharp in the two Rovers' games I've watched this season. Will he be in Blackburn after this campaign, especially if they get relegated?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:49 pm

I like Hoilett a lot think he has a lot of potential.

As for staying with Blackburn he is in last year of his contract.SO he isnt going to stay with Rovers regardless of whether they are relegated or not.

I would like us to pick him for a nominal fee in january if not then atleast in Summer when he is a free transfer.Hope we sign him
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsofthenortheast Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:35 pm

He's a very talented dribbler and he has a surprisingly powerful shot. I know we are interested and from what I've seen of him he looks like he would be a good acquisition.

Are you hoping Liverpool will bid?

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:13 pm

kingsofthenortheast wrote:He's a very talented dribbler and he has a surprisingly powerful shot. I know we are interested and from what I've seen of him he looks like he would be a good acquisition.

If he's not too expensive - BeautyG said there last year of contract - then yeah. He's the sort of player we could use (winger with good technique) and young, so on paper he'd be a perfect fit for Liverpool. The good news is that most big teams in England have got that wing area in good shape already, I can't see United, City nor Arsenal bidding for him.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Horrible music for that video.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsofthenortheast Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Art Morte wrote:
kingsofthenortheast wrote:He's a very talented dribbler and he has a surprisingly powerful shot. I know we are interested and from what I've seen of him he looks like he would be a good acquisition.

If he's not too expensive - BeautyG said there last year of contract - then yeah. He's the sort of player we could use (winger with good technique) and young, so on paper he'd be a perfect fit for Liverpool. The good news is that most big teams in England have got that wing area in good shape already, I can't see United, City nor Arsenal bidding for him.

He wouldn't get first team football (if at all) at those clubs either if any of them purchased him, which is highly unlikely anyway, as you said.

I know that many wide players Liverpool purchase just haven't been good enough or are too inconsistent (Pennant, Riera, Mark Gonzalez, Kewell etc) but Hoilett, at the moment, doesn't look like either of them.

Bad news: Venky's want £18 million for him in January apparently. :facepalm:

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Bad news: Venky's want £18 million for him in January apparently. :facepalm:

Obviously no one is going to pay that. If Hoilett is on the last year of his deal, he could just finish the season with Blackburn and then join another club in the summer. One has to hope that Hoilett hasn't / doesn't re-sign with the Rovers, because he's too good for that team in their current state.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Hoilett is gonna roast BOSINGWA on saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Sepi wrote:Hoilett is gonna roast BOSINGWA on saturday.

I would love to see that.

Hoilett is certainly good, and has great potential. However, I have to agree with kingsofthenortheast that Hoilett probably wouldn't get first team football at Newcastle or Liverpool. Liverpool have Downing, Bellamy and Maxi (though he's really more of a RW). Newcastle have Gutierrez and Marveaux. I suppose Gutierrez could move to the right allowing Hoilett to compete with Marveaux for a spot in the first IX, but that's only if Obertan fails to progress and Ben Arfa moves to a more CAM/CF role.

donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:48 pm

No Christmas Cheer for Blackburn this Year
by OptaJoe at Thursday, Dec 22 2011 14:41

Blackburn Rovers FC - Page 2 2011%2f12%2fKean

Blackburn must buck the trend and slay the dreaded festive hoodoo if they are to become only the second team to maintain their Premier League status having propped up the Christmas standings. The one-time Premier League title holders are currently five points adrift of safety, having tasted defeat in 11 of their opening 17 games.

Ominously for Rovers supporters, since West Brom's miraculous survival in the 2004/05 season, every single team that has been bottom of the table at Christmas - Sunderland, Watford, Derby, West Brom, Portsmouth and West Ham - have remained rooted to the bottom come the end of the campaign.

Blackburn Rovers FC - Page 2 2011%2f12%2fopta2

Bryan Robson's West Brom tenure began in November 2004 and the writing seemed on the wall come Christmas Day with the Baggies five points from safety, securing just one win in their opening 18 fixtures. A 0-5 home reverse to Liverpool on Boxing Day was as bad it got for Robson, as his side forged a siege mentality to escape the seemingly inevitable. Their next 20 games yielded just six defeats and five victories, culminating in a 2-0 success against Portsmouth on the final day of the season as delirium ensued inside the intimate surroundings of the Hawthorns. The West Midlands club made Premier League history on two fronts - with their total of 34 points being the lowest of any team to avoid relegation in the competition.

West Brom transformed themselves from an easy touch into a side boasting steel and determination. There was nothing glamorous about their renaissance after Xmas - the 20 remaining fixtures saw them concede just 25 goals (five of which came in the aforementioned Boxing Day game versus Liverpool) as Robson tightened up a back-line which had leaked 36 goals in the opening 18 games. Compare that to West Ham last season, whose defensive record plummeted as they conceded 37 times in 18 games following the turn of 2011.

Seven years on, Blackburn find themselves in a precariously similar position with just 10 points in 17 games and an unenviable defensive record. One omen that may offer hope to all Rovers supporters could be the fact that the only other side to go in to Xmas with exactly 10 points under their belt since 1996/97 were the Baggies in 2004/05.
Follow OptaJoe on Twitter.com
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2