Juve acquired Giaccherini; Why didn't they Keep Giovinco?

4 posters

Go down

Juve acquired Giaccherini; Why didn't they Keep Giovinco? Empty Juve acquired Giaccherini; Why didn't they Keep Giovinco?

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Emanuele Giaccherini showed his talent last season at Cesena, and Juventus decided to invest in him. However, the question is: what's the difference between Giaccherini and another young talent, Giovinco? The latter needed to play with more continuity, therefore he went to Parma.

Conte wanted Giaccherini, but it is not known if Giovinco would have had some space as well. Tactically and financially, it is hard to understand why Juventus acquired Giaccherini when they had Giovinco already available.

=========================================================================================

Pino, I can't believe it, you were right ! :coffee:

Last edited by sciacca on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Juve acquired Giaccherini; Why didn't they Keep Giovinco? Empty Re: Juve acquired Giaccherini; Why didn't they Keep Giovinco?

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:58 pm

http://www.calciomercato.com/english-news/juve-con-giaccherini-perche-non-giovinco-810031

Back to top Go down

Juve acquired Giaccherini; Why didn't they Keep Giovinco? Empty Re: Juve acquired Giaccherini; Why didn't they Keep Giovinco?

Post by Luca Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Giovinco didn't want to come back
Conte went for Giovinco LONG before he went for Giacch

Gio shouldn't have left to begin with

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:27 pm

Tony, Papa is always right... Razz

So we sold one midget to get another one, but our new midget is one inch taller, so...

according to Marotta, Giaccherini > Giovinco

Someone please tell this to Cesare Prandelli, obviously Prandelli doesn't have a clue what he is doing... affraid
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 pm

We didn't have the option to bring Gio back when Parma decided to take up their option to buy 50% of his contract. It was part of the deal.

You could argue that Juve should never have let him go to Parma last season if we were going to sign Giaccherini, but we never had the option to bring Gio back when Parma took up their option.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Giving away Gio was one of the worst moves i ever saw in football.

from what i saw Giache is a good player ofcourse he is not better than Gio

the only thing Giache has more than Gio is finishing nothing else.

i hope next year we can somehow get Gio back but we will see

as you already said getting Gio this summer wasnt an option
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:59 pm

I feel like Gio would thrive in a system that requires a CAM, which Juve does not use. Giaccherini is a flexible player that can better fill the roles that Juve needs him to fill. Personally, I just don't like Gio on the wing or as a SS, and Giaccherini can play both positions well. I think it's just a matter of the right player fitting within Juve's system. Plus, I don't think Giaccherini will be a regular starter and Gio wants to be starting.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:39 am

I hope next year Giovinco can be brought back too, hopefully he will be convinced that he has earned his spot on Juventus. With all due respect to Parma, Giovinco deserves a 'bigger' club.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:38 am

Juventude wrote:We didn't have the option to bring Gio back when Parma decided to take up their option to buy 50% of his contract. It was part of the deal.

You could argue that Juve should never have let him go to Parma last season if we were going to sign Giaccherini, but we never had the option to bring Gio back when Parma took up their option.

That's not true. If Juve really wanted Gio back they could have done what Inter did with Viviano and offered to buy back the 50% they sold. If Parma said no, then they would have had to go to a blind bid auction, just like with Viviano. Juve would of had to overpay of course to get him back, that is the stupid part, but at least they could have secured his rights back 100%.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:50 am

Luca wrote:I hope next year Giovinco can be brought back too, hopefully he will be convinced that he has earned his spot on Juventus. With all due respect to Parma, Giovinco deserves a 'bigger' club.

+1

And Prandelli feels the same way.

Giovinco was a Juventino since he was NINE years old, and poured his life and his soul into the club, only to get treated like dirt by 2 managers and 4 coaches, with three of those coaches being useless to the club (Ferrara, Zacch, Del Neri). Then the final straw comes when Del Neri says we don't need the midget so he is sold at a cut price just to get rid of him.

He is now a star at Parma and a regular on the Italian national team. When asked if he wanted to come back, of course he said no because he wants to start and also he was treated like leftover used meat by Secco/Marotta and all of our useless coaches over the last 5 years. I don't blame him for saying no, why should he come back? He doesn't owe Juventus anything. He was a Juventino since he was born and was thrown away, so it is ALL Marotta's/Del Neri's fault for letting him get away last year and getting peanuts in return.

He will probably never come back until we get new management. Since we seem to get new coaches and new managers pretty regularly around here, he does have a chance of coming back home in the near future.

juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:56 am

Let me remind you all, Conte wanted Giovinco. I find it very odd we had to put that stupid clause in the end for Giovinco, he should of just came back. I don't care if anyone says he dosen't want to come back, the fans still respect him and if we have a coach in which we do who will give him playing time, then I don't see how he would reject it. We better buy his rights back in the next market. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:06 am

juve_gigi wrote:
Juventude wrote:We didn't have the option to bring Gio back when Parma decided to take up their option to buy 50% of his contract. It was part of the deal.

That's not true. If Juve really wanted Gio back they could have done what Inter did with Viviano and offered to buy back the 50% they sold. If Parma said no, then they would have had to go to a blind bid auction, just like with Viviano. Juve would of had to overpay of course to get him back, that is the stupid part, but at least they could have secured his rights back 100%.

You're wrong. Go back and read the news reports. It doesn't go to a blind auction until a season after a player is 50% owned and the teams can't reach an agreement. Juve's agreement with Parma was a loan with a right to purchase 50%. When they exercised that option, he automatically stayed with Parma. I thought Juve could push to bring him back too, but after reading about the deal it became clear that Juve had no control once the option was exercised.

See this article from La Gazzetta http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomercato/10-06-2011/juventus-ritorna-giovinco-801544534324.shtml
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:18 am

So in this case Juventude, from what I got from the article. Marotta failed to convince the president in bringing him back to Juve. When it was clear Juventus wanted hm back as Conte asked for him. So not only is Marotta not able to negotiate, he in the first place implemented that buy out clause in which in the end, the fault is his.

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:20 am

sciacca wrote:So in this case Juventude, from what I got from the article. Marotta failed to convince the president in bringing him back to Juve. When it was clear Juventus wanted hm back as Conte asked for him. So not only is Marotta not able to negotiate, he in the first place implemented that buy out clause in which in the end, the fault is his.

However you want to characterize the article is fine. I'm not stating that anyone is at fault. I'm just pointing out the fact that Giovinco coming back for this season was never an option after Parma exercised their option.

That's all I'm saying, so please do not add words to what I was stating.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:20 am

sciacca wrote:So in this case Juventude, from what I got from the article. Marotta failed to convince the president in bringing him back to Juve. When it was clear Juventus wanted hm back as Conte asked for him. So not only is Marotta not able to negotiate, he in the first place implemented that buy out clause in which in the end, the fault is his.

If Giovinco wanted to come back he would have... He could of pushed a return easily believe that.
He isn't "waiting" for Juventus he is just finally happy playing first team football.
He can't jeopardize that by joining Juventus and risk sitting on the bench with the Euro coming.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 am

Juventude wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:

You're wrong. Go back and read the news reports. It doesn't go to a blind auction until a season after a player is 50% owned and the teams can't reach an agreement. Juve's agreement with Parma was a loan with a right to purchase 50%. When they exercised that option, he automatically stayed with Parma. I thought Juve could push to bring him back too, but after reading about the deal it became clear that Juve had no control once the option was exercised.

See this article from La Gazzetta http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomercato/10-06-2011/juventus-ritorna-giovinco-801544534324.shtml

I don't recall reading that Juventus would have to wait an entire year to go to auction, but if that is correct, then that is too bad. However, IF Giovinco really wanted to go back to Juve then the player's will would have taken precedence and Parma would have been forced to make a deal for that 50%, bascially not exercising their option at all but taking a deal (money, players) in return for not exercising. But of course Gio said he wanted Parma because he wanted first team football and also Juve treated him like shit for 4 years, so why go back.

Anways, at the very least there was a huge misjudgment of Giovinco's talenst by our management and the 3.2m buyout option for Parma was proof of that. The buyout clause should have been at least double what it was. That would have dissuaded Parma from exercising their option and Gio could be in our lineup right now, playing outside on the left in a 4-2-4 or a 4-3-3...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:27 am

He could fit in our line up for sure but he doesn't want to at this time.
Hopefully in the summer he'll change his mind. Next summer that is.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:31 am

juve_gigi wrote:
Juventude wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:

I don't recall reading that Juventus would have to wait an entire year to go to auction, but if that is correct, then that is too bad. However, IF Giovinco really wanted to go back to Juve then the player's will would have taken precedence and Parma would have been forced to make a deal for that 50%, bascially not exercising their option at all but taking a deal (money, players) in return for not exercising. But of course Gio said he wanted Parma because he wanted first team football and also Juve treated him like shit for 4 years, so why go back.

Anways, at the very least there was a huge misjudgment of Giovinco's talenst by our management and the 3.2m buyout option for Parma was proof of that. The buyout clause should have been at least double what it was. That would have dissuaded Parma from exercising their option and Gio could be in our lineup right now, playing outside on the left in a 4-2-4 or a 4-3-3...

Juve probably could have bought Parma's option from them, but the price probably would have been much higher than what Parma was paying (in the article Parma is claiming they could get 10-12 million euros for their 50% share).

Either way, I agree with Luca. Gio wanted first team football and wasn't going to be guaranteed that at Juve.

I'm going to stay away from this whole debate because I really didn't like the Giaccherini signing and I'm not a Giovinco believer. So, this isn't an issue I'm very passionate about. I just wanted to point out the facts.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:35 am

Juventude wrote:

However you want to characterize the article is fine. I'm not stating that anyone is at fault. I'm just pointing out the fact that Giovinco coming back for this season was never an option after Parma exercised their option.

That's all I'm saying, so please do not add words to what I was stating.

This has nothing to do with adding your words, this article just proved the point of this thread, not the point you are trying to prove, I mean it did prove your point, but the not the entire scenario of this whole subject when quesitioning Giovinco.

Luca wrote:If Giovinco wanted to come back he would have... He could of pushed a return easily believe that.
He isn't "waiting" for Juventus he is just finally happy playing first team football.
He can't jeopardize that by joining Juventus and risk sitting on the bench with the Euro coming.

False, as I read in the article, Parma are the one's who can get him regardless if he wanted to come or not. Marotta gave the cheap 3.2m price and they went all for it. For the rest, I understand, however if Conte in fact claimed he wanted him, it means he would of played him reguarly on the first team. Sure, Giovinco maybe didn't feel that way, but it's up to Marotta to convince both the president and the player to come back. He loaned him away, and not only that, he added the clause.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:52 am

I said he could have pushed his way out which he could have done and we both know that. I understand that it is Parma's right but will they really try and keep a player that wants no business with them? Doubtful, Giovinco is happy there and it is unfortunate for Juventus.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down