The big picture

3 posters

Go down

The big picture Empty The big picture

Post by Luca Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:23 pm

A left wing seems to surely be arriving so what does this really mean for Juventus?
It all but guarantees a two man midfield, the problem?
Three top central midfielders.
THE PROBLEM?
Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio who takes a seat?
I believe it will be Vidal for at least the beginning, Marchisio has formed a good partnership with Pirlo, one that will only grow. Vidal has also been used in a much more attacking sense so, again, we'll see.

Thoughts on the matter?

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The big picture Empty Re: The big picture

Post by eddy Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:05 am

having 3/4 good players for CM position isnt a problem for me.if we could keep Melo too instead of Paz it will be crazy nice.

big teams have more than 11 strong players.

ok my problem is why getting players in the pots we already had good players and dont getting players in our weak spots.ok this left wing is my headache just after Nedved retired.and we needed so much time to get a player few days before transfer window is over.

didnt know Giaccherini too but from what i saw he is very good player i know alot prefer a big name but he is really good and i believe this guy will have great future.

the only thing i didnt like is that we didnt sign one big star that was about to help us with season tickets,sponsors etc i am against paying 40+ million for one player i liked to get not so known players and transformed them in world class players but this year with new standium we had to get one big name and we failed.

eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:08 am

As it stands... it seems Vidal does... Marchisio has played CM the whole pre season, and Conte favored Marchisio three times. Vidal has not played CM yet.

Thank god though... Marchisio over Vidal anyday sadly. I'd rather have Vidal on the bench rather than Marchisio.

And no, this has nothing with me favoring Italians, it has to do with me liking Marchisio more; so yes Bias me... It has to do that Marchisio is the true Juventino... Nuff said. And Marchisio is more trained than Vidal in Conte's tactics... reality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:12 am

I wouldn't go as far as to say Marchisio over Vidal, they both have their strengths.
I like that Marchisio should get the start it should give him a chance to mature, he needs to find consistency and the confidence to really boss the midfield like he should be. I like that Conte is using him in the middle- FINALLY he will consistently be used as a central midfielder.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:14 am

I will say it again,

Marchisio > Vidal :coffee:

Tobad though, in a 4-2-1-3 or a 4-3-3 would be top with all three of them

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:17 am

sometimes vidal sometimes marchisio sometimes pirlo will stay on the bench.
depends about form-condition-tactic etc but i am happy to have all of them.
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:18 am

sciacca wrote:I will say it again,

Marchisio > Vidal :coffee:

Tobad though, in a 4-2-1-3 or a 4-3-3 would be top with all three of them

I don't know about that, I'll say it again. Vidal is better at a lot of things but I have a soft spot for Marchisio and he is experienced with Juventus so he deserves the spot, not to mention his partnership with Pirlo is a strong one.

Yep, a 3 man midfield with those 3 would be as balanced as a team comes.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:19 am

Well thats what I mean, Juventino.... Heart, Passion, Experience, skills biased Marchisio is better, except when it comes to being the CAM, Vidal is better at that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 am

sciacca wrote:Well thats what I mean, Juventino.... Heart, Passion, Experience, skills biased Marchisio is better, except when it comes to being the CAM, Vidal is better at that.

Statistically, Vidal is better in all areas.
Passing, tackling.

Again though, I base Marchisio starting due to his partnership with Pirlo, they have been used quite a bit in the middle lately, that tells me something.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:24 am

guys i dont get why we should compare vidal with marchisio.personally i think vidal-marchisio will start more than other pairs.but we will see
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:26 am

eddy wrote:guys i dont get why we should compare vidal with marchisio.personally i think vidal-marchisio will start more than other pairs.but we will see

You're right we shouldn't compare.
Well, I think if Pirlo is fit he starts, no questions asked.

I would definitely like to see Vidal-Marchisio at some point

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:26 am

Luca wrote:
sciacca wrote:Well thats what I mean, Juventino.... Heart, Passion, Experience, skills biased Marchisio is better, except when it comes to being the CAM, Vidal is better at that.

Passing, tackling.

Again though, I base Marchisio starting due to his partnership with Pirlo, they have been used quite a bit in the middle lately, that tells me something.

'Passing' = CAM, in which I made clear that he's only better at that.
Stats for tackling? That's odd... Mind showing, as they seem to be rare...

Agreed, and that is what I mean... Marchisio is more gelled in Conte's tactics, meaning parterning up with Pirlo and etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:30 am

sciacca wrote:
Luca wrote:

Passing, tackling.

Agreed, and that is what I mean... Marchisio is more gelled in Conte's tactics, meaning parterning up with Pirlo and etc...

Distribution is a big part of any CM though, so passing is relevant.
I've only seen stats for tackling for Vidal but I can only assume they are superior to Marchisio, which is fair because Marchisio has spend more time on the left than in the middle last year.

Yes, I agree, I am also glad that Conte finally used him as a CM.
When he had him as an advanced winger (versus Sporting) it was pretty dreadful

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:30 am

Luca wrote:
eddy wrote:guys i dont get why we should compare vidal with marchisio.personally i think vidal-marchisio will start more than other pairs.but we will see

You're right we shouldn't compare.
Well, I think if Pirlo is fit he starts, no questions asked.

I would definitely like to see Vidal-Marchisio at some point

we will probably see it alot this year.if pirlo is fit he will start but i dont expect pirlo to be fit in all matches,he will need rest.

i hope just not to have crazy injuries like last year and i think we will do fine.
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:00 am

Luca wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Luca wrote:

Passing, tackling.

I've only seen stats for tackling for Vidal but I can only assume they are superior to Marchisio, which is fair because Marchisio has spend more time on the left than in the middle last year.

Revelant, but irrelavent, as you have Pirlo for passing, and Marchisio to break up plays

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:59 am

sciacca wrote:
Luca wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Luca wrote:

Passing, tackling.

Revelant, but irrelavent, as you have Pirlo for passing, and Marchisio to break up plays

Marchisio breaks up play and distributes to Pirlo and other players, every ball going through Pirlo is predictable, and it is his partner's job to take some of that responsibility at times.
So yes, distribution is very relevant to any CM on any team with any partner in the middle.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:18 am

Yes, however Marchisio is still capable of doing that. Breaking play is his main duty, and in doing so, providing the ball to Pirlo or to other players are the least of his problems as he does not face any difficulties in that area.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:26 am

sciacca wrote:Yes, however Marchisio is still capable of doing that. Breaking play is his main duty, and in doing so, providing the ball to Pirlo or to other players are the least of his problems as he does not face any difficulties in that area.

Ah, thats the point
There is being capable and excelling

Although this is all irrelevant, we've already agreed that Marchisio starting with Pirlo just makes more sense right now

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vanharouva Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:54 am

Luca

Why would you see having Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio for 2 spots as a problem? (maybe you dont..)

This is COMPLETELY standard for any team who aspire to being the best in its league. Look back at the squads we used to have before Farsopoli, 5 years back, 10 years back, 20 years back...

I also want to say that i love Marchisio very much. But saying he should play over Vidal is complete nonsense. The only people who would say that IN THE WHOLE WORLD, are Juventinos. Thats a fact.

Im slighly older that many of you here and i have grown up with terriers like Edgar Davids fighting in the midfield. And my opinion is that 10 or 20 years ago Marchisio would definately have been the typical squad player. A much needed player. But a squadplayer, like Pesotto.

Today we should be nothing but happy that we FINALLY have two quality players like Vidal and Pirlo. Players of the quality that we used to have 10-20 years ago.

If Juve is to become great again, one thing if apparent, simple and crucial: The best players must play and we must have depth!

Pirlo-Vidal in a 4-4-2 is as clear as daylight.

However if Vidal is not yet physically at 100%, then Marchisio should start with Pirlo.
vanharouva
vanharouva
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum