So who has the potential to be good as Messi?

+31
Adit
lszanto
Ali
michael1
H.A.
Jeps33178
Grande_Milano
The Messiah
RealGunner
Swanhends
Toffer Harley
Albiceleste
juventus101
the xcx
Khaled
Mr.S
Ganso
Vibe
billy_gr
xabi
Gil
zizzle
REWB
Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EarlyPrototype
Internal
jibers
Giggslegend
Onyx
35 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

So who has the potential to be good as Messi? - Page 3 Empty Re: So who has the potential to be good as Messi?

Post by Adit Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:27 am

Robben when fit reaching messi's level is beyond delusional and underating messi alot.

on topic,Neymar has the potential imo.Messi at 19 was better than neymar at 19 but not by alot.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

So who has the potential to be good as Messi? - Page 3 Empty Re: So who has the potential to be good as Messi?

Post by Mat_Hadder Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:14 am

André Ayew
Mat_Hadder
Mat_Hadder
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 am

Joe Cole. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.S Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:34 pm

lszanto wrote:
Mr.S wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
jibers wrote:
juventus101 wrote:I think Messi is the #1 dribbler, but barely. What makes him the best player, is that he scores 50 goals per season, and assists another 30. But he also plays for Barca. Everyone has to remember that. Aguero, Robben, Ronaldo, and Ozil are all on Messis level. Gotze has the potential to be even better. Marin and Dinho are around Messis level in dribbling, but thats it.

Is this some sort of a joke? Aguero? Robben maybe, but ozil? Immediately i saw Ozil's name I stopped taking you seriously.

lol i know right, loool ozil and ronaldo, very good players but they are not even close to messi's dribbling level. aguero, robben, iniesta and nasri are the nearest to his dribbling level but are still a level below.

Dribbling ability does not make a guy better than everyone else. In that case marin or elia would be among the world's best. Messi has Xavi-Iniesta behind him. You can see what happens to him in Argentina. Robben is head & shoulders ahead of him apart from the pact that he is a very selfish guy while Messi is much more of a team-man.

You ever watched him play for Argentina? Or do you just write what you read in the papers yesterday? He's still by far Argentina's best player and is motm material most times he plays. Everybody bangs on about the fact that he can't play without Xavi, Inesita, but is he expected to thrive when he's being provided by Masch? There is a difference between 0 support and some support and imo he gets next to nothing with NT, he needs somebody who can at least pass like Pastore/Riquelme etc, not just chucking 3 dms across their midfield and hoping it can work. Also coming off the back of a 50+ game season for the Copa it would hard for anybody to reproduce what they have for the last few months...

</rant>

In terms of the actual thread I don't really see anybody coming through in terms of ability(i.e can dribble, finish like a boss, pass, do everything). He was a world beater at 20 and lead Barca to CL at 21. If there is anybody out there at that age with that sort of quality I'm still yet to see them.

I think I watched more of argentina's matches than you have. If needs someone to feed him every ball then he does not deserve to compared to any of the legends. In that case he is just a goal scorer. 0 support is when you play for San marino not argentina. Stop exaggerating & putting stupid statements.

In the World CUP Argentina had Maxi while in the copa Gago played & played a very good match.Neither are top quality but both can pass. DI Maria is very good in the wing. Both Tevez & Aguero are not typhical tap in strikers & come down & support when needed. Zabaletta or Zanetti are decent full back too. Higuain/Lavezzi or tevez are top quality strikers.

There is enough quality in that side to make a difference. That is where the best player in the world should come. DRIBBLING means nothing. You can make 100 meaningless dribbles but unless they result in a goal or an assisst or contribute significantly to the game they mean NOTHING. MARIN is a fantastic dribbler at his age. I cant compare but based on pure dibbling skills at his age he is almost as good as MESSI was but that is sadly all he has. So dribbling is the not BE ALL in football.

What matters is how you can inspire a decent side to be great,hold a team by the neck & drag it to greatness.Robben did that in 2009/10 . I think that was one of the most heroic & single handed effort in a team's success I have seen in a long time.

Messi sadly to me atleast has plenty of brilliant players very near his talent. Iniesta is amazing & even that is an understatement. Xavi is the boss in mid-field,Villa can get wonder goals outta anywhere & Alves is a beast going forward. Not much difficult to win that team is it?? Add Sanchez to it another insane dribbler,very quick & thiago & CESC's talent now.

Messi has considerable talent in Argentina to achieve greatness. If he truly is the best in the world atleast he will take Argentina to a World CUP final.Otherwise for me he will never be among the Top 10 of all times.

Mr.S
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabra1 Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:53 pm

MARIO GOETZE will be better than Messi. HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY KAISER FRANZ BECKENBAUER VON FUSSBALL SAID SO! I believe the person who liften the Champions League 3 times.. and is the best player in European history :coffee:
Sabra1
Sabra1
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Mr.S wrote:
I think I watched more of argentina's matches than you have. If needs someone to feed him every ball then he does not deserve to compared to any of the legends. In that case he is just a goal scorer. 0 support is when you play for San marino not argentina. Stop exaggerating & putting stupid statements.

In the World CUP Argentina had Maxi while in the copa Gago played & played a very good match.Neither are top quality but both can pass. DI Maria is very good in the wing. Both Tevez & Aguero are not typhical tap in strikers & come down & support when needed. Zabaletta or Zanetti are decent full back too. Higuain/Lavezzi or tevez are top quality strikers.

There is enough quality in that side to make a difference. That is where the best player in the world should come. DRIBBLING means nothing. You can make 100 meaningless dribbles but unless they result in a goal or an assisst or contribute significantly to the game they mean NOTHING. MARIN is a fantastic dribbler at his age. I cant compare but based on pure dibbling skills at his age he is almost as good as MESSI was but that is sadly all he has. So dribbling is the not BE ALL in football.

What matters is how you can inspire a decent side to be great,hold a team by the neck & drag it to greatness.Robben did that in 2009/10 . I think that was one of the most heroic & single handed effort in a team's success I have seen in a long time.

Messi sadly to me atleast has plenty of brilliant players very near his talent. Iniesta is amazing & even that is an understatement. Xavi is the boss in mid-field,Villa can get wonder goals outta anywhere & Alves is a beast going forward. Not much difficult to win that team is it?? Add Sanchez to it another insane dribbler,very quick & thiago & CESC's talent now.

lol at every player at Bayern other than Robben was trash in 2009/10, it may have been Robbens goals that got them over the line, but it is a TEAM sport. And only thing he is better at than Messi is long distance shooting.

That said, if Messi played for Spain and won the WC would be be considered one of the best? They'd win the world cup with or without him. As far as I know Pele's Brazil was the best team in the world at the time and would have won with or without him. So that means he is no good aswell?(well you obviously think Robben is better than him) scratch
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Or...Iniesta has Messi behind him

Messi makes whole team better. stop comparing him to avarage players. Messi does things for Argentina more than any player does for his country. difference is other teams are organised and coached by normal people. If Messi was in Netherlands team instead of Robben, then Netherlands would win WC final by 2 goals...just see how dumb robben is in front of goal. it was like before he never faced any goalkeeper. thats why perez sold him to bayern
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3