So who has the potential to be good as Messi?

+31
Adit
lszanto
Ali
michael1
H.A.
Jeps33178
Grande_Milano
The Messiah
RealGunner
Swanhends
Toffer Harley
Albiceleste
juventus101
the xcx
Khaled
Mr.S
Ganso
Vibe
billy_gr
xabi
Gil
zizzle
REWB
Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EarlyPrototype
Internal
jibers
Giggslegend
Onyx
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So who has the potential to be good as Messi? - Page 2 Empty Re: So who has the potential to be good as Messi?

Post by the xcx Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:18 am

me

the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

So who has the potential to be good as Messi? - Page 2 Empty Re: So who has the potential to be good as Messi?

Post by billy_gr Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:24 am

who neged you?

I agree you are better
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 am

I think Messi is the #1 dribbler, but barely. What makes him the best player, is that he scores 50 goals per season, and assists another 30. But he also plays for Barca. Everyone has to remember that. Aguero, Robben, Ronaldo, and Ozil are all on Messis level. Gotze has the potential to be even better. Marin and Dinho are around Messis level in dribbling, but thats it.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:39 am

Doe's Khaled think of anything else apart from La Masia?

Khaled you are aware La Masia is'nt a sexy girl even though it might sound like one?

Yes?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:11 pm

I don't think anyone can reach his level, but if anyone is going to get close it will be Goetze or Aguero.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:18 pm

juventus101 wrote:I think Messi is the #1 dribbler, but barely. What makes him the best player, is that he scores 50 goals per season, and assists another 30. But he also plays for Barca. Everyone has to remember that. Aguero, Robben, Ronaldo, and Ozil are all on Messis level. Gotze has the potential to be even better. Marin and Dinho are around Messis level in dribbling, but thats it.

Is this some sort of a joke? Aguero? Robben maybe, but ozil? Immediately i saw Ozil's name I stopped taking you seriously.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Sushi Master wrote:The question should be rephrased to who can be as good as Podolski.

Robben when tuned up reaches Messi level, IMO.

this. and david odonkor.

and goetze will get to a comparable level in time. not sayin he's gonna get better but if he keeps workin on himself he will get close.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:30 pm

jibers wrote:
juventus101 wrote:I think Messi is the #1 dribbler, but barely. What makes him the best player, is that he scores 50 goals per season, and assists another 30. But he also plays for Barca. Everyone has to remember that. Aguero, Robben, Ronaldo, and Ozil are all on Messis level. Gotze has the potential to be even better. Marin and Dinho are around Messis level in dribbling, but thats it.

Is this some sort of a joke? Aguero? Robben maybe, but ozil? Immediately i saw Ozil's name I stopped taking you seriously.

lol i know right, loool ozil and ronaldo, very good players but they are not even close to messi's dribbling level. aguero, robben, iniesta and nasri are the nearest to his dribbling level but are still a level below.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:31 pm

3 goals, 2 assists and 1 missed penalty in 150 minutes of action for Suarez this season so far :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:35 pm

GOOOOETZEEEEE

Seriously, Goetze
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Doe's Khaled think of anything else apart from La Masia?

Khaled you are aware La Masia is'nt a sexy girl even though it might sound like one?

Yes?

La Masia = Megan Fox, Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson, Kim Kardesian, Adriana Lima, Keley Hazell... all combined Smile
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:50 pm

ONTopic: Seriously Goetze is sooo fuken OVERRATED!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Ryodinho

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:59 pm

You Know I rate Silva a lot, But Robben when fit can hit Messi Level.

He does Amazing things.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Ganso or Lamela, or any other wonderkid from SA.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:33 pm

screw potential, Neymar is already better than him So who has the potential to be good as Messi? - Page 2 2859867778

in all seriousness i dont think anyone is as good or will be as good as messi for a while
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:ONTopic: Seriously Goetze is sooo fuken OVERRATED!!

extremely wealthy mans Deulofeu
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:ONTopic: Seriously Goetze is sooo fuken OVERRATED!!
first time i agree with you
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:42 pm

You could compare Benzema to Messi but I don't know if he'll be able to surpass him.

In terms of potential well Neymar certainly has it. I guess we'll know in a couple of year for that Smile
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:43 pm

neymar doesnt have messi's dribbling(at least yet)

messi can get past a player even if he doesnt want to
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Neymar needs to work on his close control, messi worked on it, and he improved overtime.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:57 pm

balotelli if he manages to pull his head out of his ass
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 pm

GOETZE OVER-RATED? smh
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.S Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:47 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
jibers wrote:

lol i know right, loool ozil and ronaldo, very good players but they are not even close to messi's dribbling level. aguero, robben, iniesta and nasri are the nearest to his dribbling level but are still a level below.

Dribbling ability does not make a guy better than everyone else. In that case marin or elia would be among the world's best. Messi has Xavi-Iniesta behind him. You can see what happens to him in Argentina. Robben is head & shoulders ahead of him apart from the pact that he is a very selfish guy while Messi is much more of a team-man.

Mr.S
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Mr.S wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
jibers wrote:

Dribbling ability does not make a guy better than everyone else. In that case marin or elia would be among the world's best. Messi has Xavi-Iniesta behind him. You can see what happens to him in Argentina. Robben is head & shoulders ahead of him apart from the pact that he is a very selfish guy while Messi is much more of a team-man.

You ever watched him play for Argentina? Or do you just write what you read in the papers yesterday? He's still by far Argentina's best player and is motm material most times he plays. Everybody bangs on about the fact that he can't play without Xavi, Inesita, but is he expected to thrive when he's being provided by Masch? There is a difference between 0 support and some support and imo he gets next to nothing with NT, he needs somebody who can at least pass like Pastore/Riquelme etc, not just chucking 3 dms across their midfield and hoping it can work. Also coming off the back of a 50+ game season for the Copa it would hard for anybody to reproduce what they have for the last few months...

</rant>

In terms of the actual thread I don't really see anybody coming through in terms of ability(i.e can dribble, finish like a boss, pass, do everything). He was a world beater at 20 and lead Barca to CL at 21. If there is anybody out there at that age with that sort of quality I'm still yet to see them.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:27 pm

Robben when fit reaching messi's level is beyond delusional and underating messi alot.

on topic,Neymar has the potential imo.Messi at 19 was better than neymar at 19 but not by alot.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next