Mr Nick09
FalcaoPunch
The Madrid One
EarlyPrototype
Le Samourai
65 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 18 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by Babun Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:But his speed issues have nothing to do with fitness and weight anymore... those have been resolved. It's a back issue. Just assume this is it in regards to speed and anything more is a pleasant surprise.
Can he get his back in shape again and how much time does it take in average? If he lost weight then sure he'd try to regain his speed as fast as possible, same with Higgy Very Happy
I hate lazy or slow forwards more than anything Very Happy

Do u hate Ruud Van Nistelrooy by any chance Very Happy ?
Ruud and Batistuta weren't slow. They had average speed, great positioning, very physical and super clinical Very Happy

Backtracking I see :coffee:. Ruud was slow when he came to madrid. but becuz it was Van the Man, Speed is of no concern for him. Positioning > Speed every time. Ruud speed was average @ manutd.
Yeah, but he could score like a man Very Happy And like you said, he was very physical, don't expect Benz to become physical, Higgy is more likely Very Happy

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 18 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:17 pm

benzema plays more physical than higgy now
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Yeah... Benz is much better at holding the ball. His balance is better. That's why he comes high so much the last two games.... he can hold and pass, which creates space.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:28 pm

True i dont see benzema falling on his belly on a shoulder duel anymore
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:30 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:True i dont see benzema falling on his belly on a shoulder duel anymore

Combination of better core strength and loss of weight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:42 pm

lol benz has always been capable of physicality, just doesnt use it as much as he shud, he is quite strong. i still remember the copa del rey match when benz played. I still remember how Benz outmuscled puyol with ease and puyol needed support (dani alves was on hand) to keep benz quiet (but mostly di maria killing the link up play benz was trying to build) each time benz was dispossessed by farca it was usually two guys on benz, never one.

His phsyicality shud be superior to higuain before and now. Benzema isnt a one track player, he has a varied skillset for the necessary situation.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Gotta disagree Turok. In his time at Madrid, Benz would get pushed off the ball waaay too easily for someone of his size and skill. He just had poor balance. It was fixed mostly in the second half of last season and looks like a strength now.

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:58 pm

benz is on his way to being a very complete cf as soon as he find the right balance between skill and power, also between supporting and holding his lines, hopefully mou can get him sorted now that he likes benz again now
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:03 pm

So u say sport. But know back then confidence was low and confidence can mess with many things, balance included. remember when benz first came to madrid? his first goal in a madrid shirt was done by decent positioning but most of all holding his last marker back as he slotted it home against shamrock rovers i believe?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:So u say sport. But know back then confidence was low and confidence can mess with many things, balance included. remember when benz first came to madrid? his first goal in a madrid shirt was done by decent positioning but most of all holding his last marker back as he slotted it home against shamrock rovers i believe?

Confidence has little to do with balance on the ball dude. Missing touches, dribbles, apsses and shots? Sure. Getting shouldered off easily? Not in my opinion. I've watched him a long, long, long time. He got star-itis his last year at Lyon and it just got worse when he joined Madrid. He got out of shape + he hurt his back. Bad core strength + injury = bad balance. Now that he's in shape and stronger in the midsection, his balance is back and he's much stronger on the ball. He can overcome his bad back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Wait, what are these supposed back problems? He never had anything like Higuain. It would kinda suck if we had no fast forwards, Higgy has his problem, Benz also apparently, Morata or Ade arent very fast, Ronaldo is great of course but he will get older...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Saetablanca wrote:Wait, what are these supposed back problems? He never had anything like Higuain. It would kinda suck if we had no fast forwards, Higgy has his problem, Benz also apparently, Morata or Ade arent very fast, Ronaldo is great of course but he will get older...

He hurt his back when he went on the weightlifting regimen prescribed in Madrid during his first year here.

He's mentioned it a couple of times that I've seen.

As babun mentioned, I think our physical training guys at Madrid needs questioning lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 pm

I see the world class defences of Leicester City and Hertha Berlin have brought out the best in Benz LOL

Jokes aside he does seem a lot fitter in pre-season hope he keeps it going when the season starts for real. The CF spot is his for now and it'll be the first time that he's actually earned playing time.

Higuain is getting there as far as fitness goes but he shouldn't start considering Karim's effort. However Pipa is still my go to guy for the CF slot as far as preference (I think his playing style brings out the best in the rest of the team) I tip him to get some significant minutes at some stage.

But as I said the spot is Karim's for now.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Zealous wrote:I see the world class defences of Leicester City and Hertha Berlin have brought out the best in Benz LOL

Jokes aside he does seem a lot fitter in pre-season hope he keeps it going when the season starts for real. The CF spot is his for now and it'll be the first time that he's actually earned playing time.

Higuain is getting there as far as fitness goes but he shouldn't start considering Karim's effort. However Pipa is still my go to guy for the CF slot as far as preference (I think his playing style brings out the best in the rest of the team) I tip him to get some significant minutes at some stage.

But as I said the spot is Karim's for now.

I still want them to play together... But realize that it's never going to happen. They've both lost speed and you need at least one guy who can fly to play a wing.

If they can manage to control their ego, I think they're the perfect pairing at cf. We are always going to go deep in tournaments... And there are so many of them now that both should get plenty of time on the pitch.

The ideal scenario is to have each start at least one game a week. If there are 3 games, the one playing the best at that time gets the nod. That should give them 30+ starts each if we go far in every competition.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:58 pm

i hope the higgy vs benz bullshit doesnt strike the madrid forums again, none of them will leave mou wants a 3rd striker not let go of these 2 heros.

shut the fck up u insane bastards. (no offense to anyone intended)
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:Wait, what are these supposed back problems? He never had anything like Higuain. It would kinda suck if we had no fast forwards, Higgy has his problem, Benz also apparently, Morata or Ade arent very fast, Ronaldo is great of course but he will get older...

He hurt his back when he went on the weightlifting regimen prescribed in Madrid during his first year here.

As babun mentioned, I think our physical training guys at Madrid needs questioning lol.

*facepalm*

So we're left with Benz permanently losing his speed... because of a stupid thing like that? Well, lets hope Neymar is fast...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 pm

The Madrid One wrote:i hope the higgy vs benz bullshit doesnt strike the madrid forums again, none of them will leave mou wants a 3rd striker not let go of these 2 heros.

Silly TMO...

THERE BE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!

Higuain vs The Benz is an inevitability, best to choose sides now, u are only trying to prolong this false peace we have...and fail. Neither will leave, this is true, but only one of the two are gonna be starting and the other on the bench. And right now I think Benzema is gonna be that starter. for now and for the rest of this season, assuming he does not get injured. There can be only one starting centre forward.

For me this so called war is about who is gonna start and deserves it from the beginning, not about who is leaving. Though Team Benz may have lost many battles early last season, we made a comeback in the 2nd half of last season and currently continuing that progress, we are finally on track to WIN THIS WAR .

Sharpen yer pitchforks or oil dem parts, this war will soon start, best be prepared.

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 18 Transparent_trollface2mfy6

I Trust That The Above Text Will Not Happen This Time Around. But I Do Not Speak For Everyone...
If Higuain vs Benzema Does Happen Again, Please Make A Separate Thread For It & Keep It All There Only If Its Truly Unavoidable.

Old Shit is Old, Lets Keep This Recent New Forum Clean... The New Forum Was Meant For A New Start, Not The Continuation Of Old

Lookin @ u Zealous. I know u just came back but don't start anything now and don't fan the flames of the heated discussion of old... But I don't think I need to tell u that

Be wary of Lionel Messi's trolling.

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 18 Jirochopfor
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:28 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:i hope the higgy vs benz bullshit doesnt strike the madrid forums again, none of them will leave mou wants a 3rd striker not let go of these 2 heros.

Silly TMO...

Higuain vs The Benz is an inevitability, best to choose sides now, u are only trying to prolong this false peace we have...and fail. Neither will leave, this is true, but only one of the two are gonna be starting and the other on the bench. And right now I think Benzema is gonna be that starter. for now and for the rest of this season, assuming he does not get injured. There can be only one starting centre forward.

For me this so called war is about who is gonna start and deserves it from the beginning, not about who is leaving. Though Team Benz may have lost many battles early last season, we made a comeback in the 2nd half of last season and currently continuing that progress, we are finally on track to WIN THIS WAR .

Sharpen yer pitchforks or oil dem parts, this war will soon start, best be prepared.

I Trust That The Above Text Will Not Happen This Time Around. But I Do Not Speak For Everyone...
If Higuain vs Benzema Does Happen Again, Please Make A Separate Thread For It & Keep It All There Only If Its Truly Unavoidable.

Old Shit is Old, Lets Keep This Recent New Forum Clean... The New Forum Was Meant For A New Start, Not The Continuation Of Old

Lookin @ u Zealous. I know u just came back but don't start anything now and don't fan the flames of the heated discussion of old... But I don't think I need to tell u that

turok why are u always so dramatic? Smile anyways i hope people behave well, or else ill have to IGNORE them bounce
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:06 am

sportsczy wrote:

Will he ever regain his speed?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:24 am

The Madrid One wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

Silly TMO...

turok why are u always so dramatic? Smile anyways i hope people behave well, or else ill have to IGNORE them bounce

Becuz I dont take these wars seriously anymore. Its not worth the effort. And I hope with my dramatic nonsensical post, that everyone else wud follow the same. Benz vs Pipa shudnt be taken srsly anymore. nor shud it return. it will just be a troll thread.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:56 am

it will inevitably come back, and why not? there is no reason to argue about who is better now, we havent seen higuain at full strength in about a year.

but when the season starts, and whenever higuain picks up some fitness there is no harm in a debate about 2 of our players that are, IMO, very similar in quite a few aspects, different in others.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:07 am

no u dont understand.

it is good to have good civilized discussion, but sometimes people turn into total retards
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 am

The Madrid One wrote:no u dont understand.

it is good to have good civilized discussion, but sometimes people turn into total retards

This pretty much. Nobody was immune to it, u get involved, expect to be become one with the shitstorm. it happened to everyone involved, myself included. the one who was probably least affected shud be Sportcszy and nobody else but then again remember his time as Madridista2011, like i said, it affects everyone.

Nothing ever is civil come the Benz VS Higuain wars. Take it from me, I am the #1 benz fan as the result of that heated shitstorm.

not to be overly dramatic about it but if u want to keep ur wits with u at all times, avoid the Benz vs higuain. u will dumb urself upon entering the warzone. thankfully the war is over and i hope it stays that way.

Who won? We won, its over.

tbh i wanna start a new thread. I want my fellow madridistas to swear not to restart the Benz vs higuain war. nobody wins if that shitstorm restarts itseld.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:35 am

thing about the "war" is that once u read that crap it makes u angry, sad, and depressed. its like shooting ur self in the face.

oh god...
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:38 am

The Madrid One wrote:thing about the "war" is that once u read that crap it makes u angry, sad, and depressed. its like shooting ur self in the face.

oh god...

Indeed. I cannot say i am proud of wut part i did whether i won some battles there or not. i feel dirty and stupid just knowing i was apart of that "war".

srsly makes me want to do that thread to have every madridista swear not to start it up again...

but enough of this. I trust Higuain to get the nod ahead of benz so that he can regain fitness. having only one elite striker fit and the other elite striker out of form isnt good for us.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:40 am

i guess its only bad for those who took a strong stance.

i like both, and think both can play together

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next