The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus

+3
Juventude
DeviAngel
Luca
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus - Page 2 Empty Re: The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:24 am

Let's clear everything up though.

Aguero agreed with the Juve move, we didn't have enough for him.

Rossi agreed terms with us, his agent confirmed he was interested in the move, his family wanted him to go to Juve. He admitted that he wanted to join an Italian club and hinted Juventus for that.

So no, both players did not refuse us.

Back to top Go down

The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus - Page 2 Empty Re: The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus

Post by Luca Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:33 am

juve_gigi wrote:
Luca wrote:The problem is his mouth and the media.
If he would not have come out and said "Aguero, Rossi, Ribery"
The media would not blow these names out of the water with report after report.

Due to the mass media flood of these names, the fans build up expectations. I mean try and tell me your eyes didn't water the first time you read "Aguero to Juventus" I know mine did.

Then comes Vucinic, is he a bad player? No, but he certainly isn't Aguero. Is that a bad thing? No, you can't judge a player for not being another player, that isn't fair to him. Mirko cannot be condemned by the fans for not being Aguero, that isn't fair.

Is it Marotta's fault though? Truthfully, he gets some of the blame for voicing names like Aguero and Rossi but I don't think it is his fault that he didn't land them, not completely at least. Let me explain.
Imagine if no one said Aguero to Juventus or Rossi to Juventus.
Then Vucinic (who was always linked at the same time as other transfer talk) signed for Juventus, would people react the same way? Definitely not, as there was no better alternative it was just Mirko, people would discuss Vucinic to Juventus and not the fact that they were "promised" world class players.

Is it Juventus' fault? Yes, Juventus has lost prestige. They are at a low point in their history, they are on a bad run of form and are on their fourth manager in the past couple years. (Ciro>Zach>Del Neri>Conte)
Juventus cannot pull Aguero from Atletico to Torino with Manchester City and Real Madrid in his rear view. First of all, both of those clubs can offer him a far better salary and both leagues are in a better state than Serie A.

Is it really Juventus' fault? It is the fault of calciopoli and mismanagement on Juventus' end. Money has been spent awfully from the time Juventus has returned to Serie A. After making the champions league they should have made better moves, they should have hired a different manager but I can go on and this is useless.

In conclusion,
Calciopoli has broken down Serie A and Juventus.
Juventus returned on the backs of their veterans and with fire in their hearts, they made the champions league but failed to strengthen their team in the right way.
Mismanagement has doomed Juventus for the past couple years.
Marotta has done a fair job to replenish the team and get them in the champions league but his big mouth fairly angers fans. The squad is deep and promising and it should be good enough for a top four finish, with some luck top three.

Juventus will return, after two horrid seasons Conte will bring them back.

Good post Luca. You make some good points. Perhaps Moggi can give Marotta some tips on how to handle the media and maybe that will help him in the future. Being media savvy is just as important as the actual players you sign in my opinion, so he definitely needs to improve that part of his job.

And I agree, if Marotta never said he was bringing in the champions this summer, then the Vucinic signing would have looked alot better in my opinion. When you say you are going after Aguero, then that turns into going after Rossi, which turns into being that you signed Vucinic, then that is a big letdown to the fans and to the team. If all he said was we are going to upgrade our team and then he signs Vucinic, it would have looked much better.

That would be something, the funny thing is Moggi has approved transfers like Lichtsteiner and Vucinic and was actually against Aguero or Rossi. I believe he said signing Aguero is like scoring an own goal (due to his massive wages).

I'm just saying if we look at each transfer individually and don't do things like compare Vucinic to Rossi then the Juventus mind state would be very different.

That is just the way I look at things at least.

Marotta's "big mouth" rightfully has angered people.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:07 am

DeviAngel wrote:I am to sleepy ....but his family wanted to Rossi to go to Juve but rossi didn't ...

I say this every player that wants to join Juve badly prove it like Krasic .....ge even payed for private airplane out of his own pocket to get to turin

Ok, go to bed then... literally... Razz
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:43 pm

I disagree. This has nothing to do with Juventus as a club, it is based on geography. Italy is not competative as england or spain anymore. None can play like Barca/Real/United/Chelsea in Italy. Inter won CL, but not with incredible beautiful football. Mourinho had disallowed 10 players to cross the middle in the final. Inter won. Hurray!!! Impressive? Not really. Serie a cannot compete as giants anymore, and every time i read "italian giants" on goal regarding my juve, the journalist just makes me feel sad. Aguero would move to Turin if he was paid enough, no doubt, but he knows the better football is in England. The better teammates are in Chitty. Truth is. Our beloved Juve is not a big step up for players such as Rossi or Aguero anymore. We can offer a bigger salary and a lot of reputation, but nothing more. Villareal would have kicked the shit out of us last season, and these times players focus on the NOW, and not the THEN. The future does not matter anymore, anyone can break a contract if he wants to, and the love to the club you pay for isn't anything else then the size of your paycheck. Krasic made a step up in his career, and he probably loved juve before too, but neither did he play in La Liga. In my country bundesliga is more watched then serie a... (i seriously have to stream each and every Juve game via the internet to want my heroes). It took barca 7 years to build their current team, and when they started they too competed for the league title. Juve will never end up like Barca today, and that is why i dont have faith in Contes offensive system. Krasic is not a Messi and Marchisio or Pirlo are nothing alike Xavi and Iniesta!
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:20 pm

LWL91 wrote:I disagree. This has nothing to do with Juventus as a club, it is based on geography. Italy is not competative as england or spain anymore. None can play like Barca/Real/United/Chelsea in Italy. Inter won CL, but not with incredible beautiful football. Mourinho had disallowed 10 players to cross the middle in the final. Inter won. Hurray!!! Impressive? Not really. Serie a cannot compete as giants anymore, and every time i read "italian giants" on goal regarding my juve, the journalist just makes me feel sad. Aguero would move to Turin if he was paid enough, no doubt, but he knows the better football is in England. The better teammates are in Chitty. Truth is. Our beloved Juve is not a big step up for players such as Rossi or Aguero anymore. We can offer a bigger salary and a lot of reputation, but nothing more. Villareal would have kicked the shit out of us last season, and these times players focus on the NOW, and not the THEN. The future does not matter anymore, anyone can break a contract if he wants to, and the love to the club you pay for isn't anything else then the size of your paycheck. Krasic made a step up in his career, and he probably loved juve before too, but neither did he play in La Liga. In my country bundesliga is more watched then serie a... (i seriously have to stream each and every Juve game via the internet to want my heroes). It took barca 7 years to build their current team, and when they started they too competed for the league title. Juve will never end up like Barca today, and that is why i dont have faith in Contes offensive system. Krasic is not a Messi and Marchisio or Pirlo are nothing alike Xavi and Iniesta!

don't understand me wrong i am just being honest and i don't care who you are i have no reason to hate you or something just to say i dissagree or something

but what you wrote on this comment there is a 0% truth on it and i also find it boring to answer back to everything you wrote here!!

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2