mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Rival thread - Page 25 Empty Re: Rival thread

Post by Red Alert Mon 03 Mar 2014, 02:16

Liverpool did have a buy out clause and Arsenal activated it in the summer with the 40,000,001 bid.

But the PFA read over the contract and stated there was no buy out clause. Clearly trying to mind f*ck Wenger lol.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon 03 Mar 2014, 02:57

His gotta be trolling, is there a direct quote or is this some BS context crap.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon 03 Mar 2014, 05:08

JWH Smokingggggggggg!!!  smoking 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 03 Mar 2014, 06:29

mr-r34 wrote:His gotta be trolling, is there a direct quote or is this some BS context crap.

Direct quote saying what I just said lol.

Check out stevieg8's post in the "Luisito" thread. Thumbs up
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon 03 Mar 2014, 08:51

Nishank wrote:Spurs next 4 PL fixtures:

Chelsea V Tottenham Sat 8 Mar
Europa League R16-Leg-1 Thu 13 Mar
Tottenham V Arsenal Sun 16 Mar
Europa League R16-Leg-2 Thu 20 Mar
Tottenham V Southampton Sun 23 Mar
Liverpool V Tottenham Sun 30 Mar

Make or break games for them.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 03 Mar 2014, 10:06

Yeah I recommend you all check out Stev's post in GS.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon 03 Mar 2014, 11:32

iftikhar wrote:March Fixtures (all competitions)

Chelsea: Fulham (A), Spurs (H), Villa (A), Galatasaray (H), Arsenal (H), Palace (A)
Arsenal: Stoke (A), Everton (FAC), Munich (A), Spurs (A), Chelsea (A), City (H)
City: Sunderland (LC), Wigan (FAC), Barcelona (A), Hull (A), Fulham (H), United (A), Arsenal (A)
Liverpool: Southampton (A), Sunderland (H), United (A), Cardiff (A), Spurs (H)
The Sunderland game has been postponed due to their involvement in League Cup. I think it will be played mid-week sometimes in April.
Tottenham: Cardiff (H), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H), Southampton (H), Liverpool (A)
If they overcome Dnipro, Spurs will have TWO Europa League games (March 13 & 20) as well.
Looking at the that fixture list of ours and our rivals', by end of March it would be more clear where do we stand
either 'in the very mix of title race'
or 'fighting 2nd or 3rd position'
or 'secured 4th place with some more assurance'
or 'still fighting for 4th spot'
hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon 03 Mar 2014, 18:16

I think the upcoming schedule is perfect, because of the timing of our fixtures with Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham and Man United we effectively have our season in our own hands. We will get to decide our place this year which is ideal.

At least IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 03 Mar 2014, 19:06

Spurs are facing Benfica in the Round of 16 Thumbs up It's going to be pretty tough.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue 04 Mar 2014, 16:22

March Fixtures (all competitions)

Chelsea: Fulham (3-1), Spurs (H), Villa (A), Galatasaray (H), Arsenal (H), Palace (A)
Arsenal: Stoke (0-1), Everton (FAC), Munich (A), Spurs (A), Chelsea (A), City (H)
City: Sunderland (3-1), Wigan (FAC), Barcelona (A), Hull (A), Fulham (H), United (A),Arsenal (A)
Liverpool: Southampton (3-0), United (A), Cardiff (A), Sunderland (H), Spurs (H)
Tottenham: Cardiff (1-0), Chelsea (A), Benfica (H), Arsenal (H), Benfica (A), Southampton (H), Liverpool (A)
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 01:18

Highburied has started a wrong game with us Liverpool fans. He doesn't stand a chance...good luck to him, he'll need it big time Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 02:57

It's not even just him, the way all arsenal fans(mainly IRL for me) talk shit about Liverpool because we haven't made the CL in a while, coming out of our darkest days mind you, with a smug smile on their face, like they have actually won a trophy in the last 8 years.

Chelsea or City everyday of the week over arsenal if we don't win the comp, and i bloody hate Chelsea fans.

It makes it even better knowing this is the best chance they've had to win the PL in a while, and they have actually spent money and they have no excuses really, yet are still behind us, and we barleyh have the squad to be competing for the T4.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 06 Mar 2014, 03:31

I love Arsenal fans.

They continue to gloat about being in the CL, but have never won it.
They continue to gloat about being in the CL, with no intent of winning it.
They continue to gloat about finishing in the top 4 spot, which is like a "trophy".
They continue to gloat about being a "top team" but haven't had any success in the last 8 years. (Although to be fair, they had to pay off the Emirates.)
They continue to gloat about playing the best football in the league, but it's quite clear in every sane fans eyes that Liverpool do. :coffee:
They continue to gloat about being a "better" team than we are, yet sit on the same points after 28 games and have bottled their best chance of winning the league in 10 years.
They continue to claim Suarez should be their player, and wanted to join them.

I really do love them. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:52

I don't mind Arsenal as a club, so I find it a little difficult to hate their fans, either. Obviously there are bad apples among every set of supporters, though. But the club has been run smartly and I have a lot of respect for Wenger, so, well, I guess Arsenal are my favorite out of the big clubs in England whose name is not Liverpool. Not that I shy away from banter with their fans.

Man City, they and their fans have got too much too quickly. I don't know, I just find it a little annoying. Success brings more fans and they've bought success very fast, so they've kinda bought fans; there are so many City fans now who wouldn't have given a toss about the club five years ago.

Chelsea. Their owner is impossible to like and the way he's made his fortune. That's one big negative. Mourinho has turn more into a clown act than before, so that's another negative. Their fans, I guess they could be worse.

Anyway, Arsenal are on a too good trophyless streak to wish it to end, so out of those three clubs I still hope it's the two oil money clubs who win the trophies if it's not us.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu 06 Mar 2014, 13:52

RA Laughing spot on there
I wont like to generalise the whole Arsenal fans base because one or two people, like Art said. But the way few of them are acting and shitting about Liverpool all the time, it is pathetic, when it is clear to mother of football that they themselves screwed it big time and they themselves are the ones to be balmed for their own suffering. It is just pity that they dont realise it. I hope Arsenal does not win anything in this season, just because i dont want Suarez to feel bad about it and have a thought about leaving for any other club. To remind you all, keeping Suarez in the next season will be like a signing WC player once again. Because keeping Suarez will surely help us to get some other WC player with little more ease compared to without having Suarez in the team. So this way, that third spot has become a like a title to me.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 06 Mar 2014, 14:16

Meh.

I respected Arsenal back in the day when they had Thierry and Bergkamp and played entertaining football.

I still prefer them over the likes of both the Mancs and Chelsea, (and Everton and Spurs) but I honestly hope they continue this trophy-drought.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 08 Mar 2014, 05:13

Arsenal - Everton (FA cup) and Chelsea - Spurs this weekend.

Hopefully they both draw. A FA cup match replay would do nicely and Spurs dropping points here would pretty much end their top 4 push. We can obviously gain some points on Chelsea if they drop points too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat 08 Mar 2014, 05:20

IF Chelsea drop points (and that's a damned big "if" given Mou's record at home with Chelsea and Spurs' record at Stamford Bridge) we will have the opportunity to close to within 2 points of them with a win at Old Trafford. That would, assuming we are able to match them for results, make the match at Anfield an opportunity to overtake them.

A lot of "ifs" there but also a huge opportunity if it happens.

Chelsea will most likely win tomorrow though so it won't matter.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 08 Mar 2014, 05:23

Have some faith. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat 08 Mar 2014, 05:37

Unlucky for you Hazard's injury midweek was not too serious because he is available for selection...or maybe it is but an injured Hazard is still a lot better than anyone else Chelsea has Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat 08 Mar 2014, 05:48

Yea, because Chelsea certainly don't have any other players who can play a in a creative role in behind/around the forward or anything like that.  Rolling Eyes 
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat 08 Mar 2014, 05:55

RedOranje wrote:Yea, because Chelsea certainly don't have any other players who can play a in a creative role in behind/around the forward or anything like that.  Rolling Eyes 

Hazard is the only one who has been producing those moments of magic which are getting Chelsea the points (certainly not the only reason, however!). Other than him they have Oscar, Schurrle and Willian. Oscar is not as effective as he has been this season, Willian is not really creative but a great team player and Schurrle works best when the ball is fed to him (because he acts like a forward!). Losing Hazard would be a huge blow at this stage, although not an irreversible blow.

In fact Mourinho recently claimed that he would play a not-fully match fit Hazard because of what he brings that others do not.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat 08 Mar 2014, 06:19

Oscar, Schurrle, Salah, and Willian (and to a lesser extent so can Lampard) can all produce the type of magic needed to win a match on any given day, even if they haven't shown it much this season. If any club in the PL has no real right or reason to complain about depth issues or injury scares it's Chelsea.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat 08 Mar 2014, 07:00

RedOranje wrote:Oscar, Schurrle, Salah, and Willian (and to a lesser extent so can Lampard) can all produce the type of magic needed to win a match on any given day, even if they haven't shown it much this season.  If any club in the PL has no real right or reason to complain about depth issues or injury scares it's Chelsea.

When a club loses its main player through injury, supporters are naturally going to be some unhappy folks. For example, if Ronaldo were to get injured for Real Madrid I'm sure we would forgive Madrid fans for making a big deal out of it despite the players they have to potentially replace him with. Of course, if they were to turn those grievances into complaints that Ronaldo's injury costing them the league (otherwise they would have won it), then that would not be justified.

As in the case here, Chelsea fans getting worried about losing their main attacking player is justified, even if they have other players to replace him with, due to his prominence. No one is making any other complaints as of yet.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next