Liverpool

+39
topbuzz
aford92
Amar
Busby Babe
Grande_Milano
milanfan7
Adit
The Madrid One
Zealous
LeVersacci
nj
Lord Hades
mr-r34
Abramovich
pUsHa
Arquitecto
cyberman
lszanto
DeviAngel
RealGunner
SaintJoe
Nishankly
RedAndWhiteArmy
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
Artemis
Iceman
Mr Nick09
the xcx
justdoit_
Sri
fatman123
McAgger
azzurres
xabi
23arshavin23
Ganso
Gil
43 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by justdoit_ Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Bellamy supposedly only wants to bring Cardiff to the Premier League, Kranjcar would be a wise investment.

justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1235
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:36 pm

ynwa wrote:^ That'll be a great signing.

Sure would.
We also need someone to play left wing and I know Bellamy plays well there
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 767
Join date : 2011-06-13
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:38 pm

justdoit_ wrote:Bellamy supposedly only wants to bring Cardiff to the Premier League, Kranjcar would be a wise investment.

We are interested in signing Krancjar but don't think Redknapp wants to sell him permanently. Would like it if we could get him on a season long loan as Tottenham aren't playing him
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 767
Join date : 2011-06-13
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Still think Sunderland need a LB better than richardson along with a striker IMO.Then they will have a real chance of fininshing in european places.Have to say Colback looks really good.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:44 pm

Should have finished the game in the first half ..

Flano should not have played considering Kelly was unavailable..

Richardson should have been sent off.

Suarez should have scored from the spot, Would have liked Adam to take it but its k...

Move forward now.. Its a draw at least .. Very Happy
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 21021
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:46 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Still think Sunderland need a LB better than richardson along with a striker IMO.Then they will have a real chance of fininshing in european places.Have to say Colback looks really good.

When O'shea is fit he will play right back and Bardsley will probably move back over to the left.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 1301
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by SaintJoe Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Why didn't Meireles play?
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04
Posts : 756
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:08 pm

SaintJoe wrote:Why didn't Meireles play?

Not match fit apparently missed most of pre season with ankle injury.Didnt look really sharp fitness wise when he came on as sub either tbh.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:23 pm

badass Mohawk though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by DeviAngel Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:13 pm

to early ...to early
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21324
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 124

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:14 pm

We haven't won a first game @ home since 2001.

Great first half, missed good chances, had a correct goal disallowed....then fitness caught up in second half.


You better hope Stoke don't batter you tomorrow, cuz I've got a thread for you as well

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by lszanto Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Didn't get to watch the game, top goals from the highlights though. Great assist by adam.

I was pretty confused about the predictions though, mostly 3-1sih scores against a decent side in sunderland against a team with many new faces and is yet to gel.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Manchester United in 07-08 season after 3 games:

Draws 2
Losses 1


Place in the league, 19th

Barca's first game under Pep:
Nomancia 1-0 Barca


Come back again Gil

Team just ran outta steam after 60 minutes .... lost all 50/50s after an hour...I blame fitness.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by cyberman Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:48 pm

The King Kenny revolution has begun!!!!
1 point in the bag, 85 more to go!!!

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 2011
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:56 pm

cyberman wrote:The King Kenny revolution has begun!!!!
1 point in the bag, 85 more to go!!!

Roy Hodgson's army will destroy you lot tomorrow :coffee:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Gil Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Fair point Sepi.

Your thoughts on Jordan Henderson btw?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by cyberman Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Could do, Hodgson knows how to prepare a team during preseason

KK has been shocking, playing his reserves ffs , maybe father time has caught up with him...
Im shocked Villas 2nd best player, Newcastles 4th, a relegated teams best and Sunderlands 4th best didnt have the drive to win for the full 90

Look at their credentials ffs...proven winners!!!

*trollface*

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 2011
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Gil wrote:Fair point Sepi.

Your thoughts on Jordan Henderson btw?

Good energy and work rate, but didn't support the attack as much as I wanted to. Would defo start Kuyt in his place next week @ Emarites.

Totally saw us bottling the lead when Andy's goal was ruled out and Downing hit the bar..ugh


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Gil Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Sepi wrote:
Gil wrote:Fair point Sepi.

Your thoughts on Jordan Henderson btw?

Good energy and work rate, but didn't support the attack as much as I wanted to. Would defo start Kuyt in his place next week @ Emarites.

Totally saw us bottling the lead when Andy's goal was ruled out and Downing hit the bar..ugh

Really? He obviously lacked the craft and directness out on the right today but I thought his work rate was piss poor which wasn't the norm when he was at SAFC. Didn't offer enough protection to Flanagan and rarely supported him.

Heard alot of Liverpool fans saying his best position is out on the right so I was surprised at how poor he was today. Still Young and Learning though of course.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:21 pm

cyberman wrote:Could do, Hodgson knows how to prepare a team during preseason

KK has been shocking, playing his reserves ffs , maybe father time has caught up with him...
Im shocked Villas 2nd best player, Newcastles 4th, a relegated teams best and Sunderlands 4th best didnt have the drive to win for the full 90

Look at their credentials ffs...proven winners!!!

*trollface*

why do u need troll face? isnt thats what cheesy is for?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:29 pm

The knee jerks in this forum are suffocating.

There is nothing here to complain about as it was the first game of the season with 4 players making their debuts with our right back and Captain (and arguably best player) out of the game.

Carroll? Despite what some may think:

-He was brilliant holding up the ball with his touch and chest control
-He dropped deep to for distribution as some of his passes were quite good.
-His goal was disallowed for no reason from a nudge to Ferdinand
-When you are surrounded by 3 defenders while having the whole backline hoof to you, its kind of hard to score no?

Everyone had a good game bar Flano who is in fact very talented and has a bright future, but in the first game of the season, at the age of 17, its hard not to be nervous.

Henderson? Who said right side is his position? He is purely a central player who prefers a 360 outlook to the game for his distribution as despite him not being involved enough, he had quite a decent performance and debut.

Kenny has to instill the idea to the players that hoofing is a no-no when under pressure near the end of the game.

-Did I mention that Phil Dowd is unfit and blind? Because Richardson made clear red offense.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12518
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Gil wrote:
Sepi wrote:
Gil wrote:Fair point Sepi.

Your thoughts on Jordan Henderson btw?

Good energy and work rate, but didn't support the attack as much as I wanted to. Would defo start Kuyt in his place next week @ Emarites.

Totally saw us bottling the lead when Andy's goal was ruled out and Downing hit the bar..ugh

Really? He obviously lacked the craft and directness out on the right today but I thought his work rate was piss poor which wasn't the norm when he was at SAFC. Didn't offer enough protection to Flanagan and rarely supported him.

Heard alot of Liverpool fans saying his best position is out on the right so I was surprised at how poor he was today. Still Young and Learning though of course.

To me, so far, his best position should be the right midfielder in a 4-3-3 formation. Someone who changes positions....In one point in first half, him and Downing interchanged their position back and forth for 10 minutes and that was probably our best spell of the play. Still think he shouldn't have started, too much pressure on a young kid...reminded me of Carlo starting Torres against us in his debut.

Think him and Flanno actually were comfortable in the first half...but Flanno totally lost it after not marking Larsson for their goal and never recovered. Only 18 though, and his first bad game since break-through...should be fine

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Actually Henderson plays in the inside right

But he is most comfortable moving out onto the wing and running down to the corner with the ball putting crosses in.

Thats what he most affective doing for us, never really did anything in the centre.

He had a good partnership here with Elmo where they would switch position. They interlinked well with Nedum joining in also. It was all about the pace the 3 of them had down that side of the field.

To get the best out of him you will need to develop a similar kind of partnership there.

If he his allowed to do this & feed suarez with balls he will be a excellent player. If you continue playing long balls across the top to carrol Hendo will have been a waste of money.


Last edited by GyansDancingBoots on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 1301
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Sepi wrote:
Gil wrote:
Sepi wrote:
Gil wrote:Fair point Sepi.

Your thoughts on Jordan Henderson btw?

Good energy and work rate, but didn't support the attack as much as I wanted to. Would defo start Kuyt in his place next week @ Emarites.

Totally saw us bottling the lead when Andy's goal was ruled out and Downing hit the bar..ugh

Really? He obviously lacked the craft and directness out on the right today but I thought his work rate was piss poor which wasn't the norm when he was at SAFC. Didn't offer enough protection to Flanagan and rarely supported him.

Heard alot of Liverpool fans saying his best position is out on the right so I was surprised at how poor he was today. Still Young and Learning though of course.

To me, so far, his best position should be the right midfielder in a 4-3-3 formation. Someone who changes positions....In one point in first half, him and Downing interchanged their position back and forth for 10 minutes and that was probably our best spell of the play. Still think he shouldn't have started, too much pressure on a young kid...reminded me of Carlo starting Torres against us in his debut.

Think him and Flanno actually were comfortable in the first half...but Flanno totally lost it after not marking Larsson for their goal and never recovered. Only 18 though, and his first bad game since break-through...should be fine

On Henderson, he might be quality on the right, but don't you think he is better in a central role from what you've seen as this exploits his qualitys of multi-dimensional touch and good vision. Its like putting Lampard on the right. I mention Lamps because he Hendo reminds me of him. I simply feel his best is brought out in the center.

Nothing more to add as I am not disappointed with Flanno for the least bit despite his concentration lapse.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12518
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:43 pm



Watch Gyans goal

Thats what Henderson is good at
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 1301
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:46 pm

Yeaa....Think he is better at crossing it first time with no initial touch what so ever.

Draw was a fair result tbh....Sunderland played a good game, we had a better first half...they had a better second half.

We traditionally struggle against Bruce-managed side.

Both teams will have tough games next week....here is hoping other big teams drop points as well

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum