De Laurentiis : Napoli will call Rossi

+3
checazzofai
McAgger
Patrick Bateman
7 posters

Go down

De Laurentiis : Napoli will call Rossi  Empty De Laurentiis : Napoli will call Rossi

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:09 am

Tuesday 9 August, 2011
De Laurentiis: 'Napoli will call Rossi'

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis confirms he will make a new offer for Giuseppe Rossi and is “very fond” of Mario Balotelli.

The patron has taken this club from Serie C to Champions League football, but the only major reinforcements this summer have been Gokhan Inler and Miguel Angel Britos.

“Although Walter Mazzarri wants a small squad, I did call Rossi and Villarreal a while back,” confirmed De Laurentiis.

“We got to know each other on the phone. He was born in America and doesn’t know Naples well, so I explained to him what it means to play for Napoli. He didn’t say no.

“That was a month ago and he hasn’t called me back, but I will call him now. I also proposed a transfer in January. Rossi is a nice boy and said he was honoured by this interest.

“I am ready to go back on the charge for this player.”

De Laurentiis also has interest in another Italy international who is playing abroad, namely Manchester City star Balotelli.

“I don’t know Balotelli personally, but I’m very fond of him. I love his extremely passionate way of approaching things, even if I think this passion could be developed better elsewhere before he comes here to explode the San Paolo.

“When he is capable of expressing his talent to the full, which I find to be extraordinary, then we’ll perhaps step forward for Balotelli.”

De Laurentiis revealed Mirko Vucinic “told me he wanted to move to England for personal reasons. I had offered more than Juventus, but when a player says he doesn’t want to come, I won’t push it.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

De Laurentiis : Napoli will call Rossi  Empty Re: De Laurentiis : Napoli will call Rossi

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:17 am

I love Napoli.....hope this guys strengthens the starting Xi now that there's depth in the squad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

De Laurentiis : Napoli will call Rossi  Empty Re: De Laurentiis : Napoli will call Rossi

Post by checazzofai Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:18 am

I dont really get why he claims to be interested in all these forwards when he really should be finding defenders.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:00 am

I saw the interview, and all is legit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

Can Napoli afford him though ?

He won't go for anything less than 30 mill and i cant see De Laurentiis paying that esp when he already has Cavani,Lavezzi and Hamsik...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:36 am

The Fonz wrote:Can Napoli afford him though ?

He won't go for anything less than 30 mill and i cant see De Laurentiis paying that esp when he already has Cavani,Lavezzi and Hamsik...

Lavezzi is leaving apparently, so they have no choice. Just yesterday there were reports with a Lavezzi and Balotelli swoop. They even tried going after Vucinic in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:43 am

Jovetic is apparently someone Napoli are looking at.

De Laurentiis also said he would do as much as he could to make Lavezzi stay, including trying to brainwash him. Laughing
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:07 am

Omg if Napoli strenghtens I will jizz. Theyre the most entertaining team to watch, I love it. Awful, disgusting city, amazing team.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:48 am

Learn from this man Pozzo, learn from him.

But seriously Rossi is priced at 30 million. Napoli should concentrate on getting defenders. Salvatore Bochetti desperately wants to return to Italy, they should really go for him. Or maybe even Kjaer.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Imagine how many heartbroken Juve fans there will be out there if this actually goes through.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down