Albiceleste
adnyana179
Kiwigunner
TheRedStag
FilipeFerreira
37 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Viewing who gives you a bad rep? - Page 2 Empty Re: Viewing who gives you a bad rep?

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:05 pm

I really would like to know why I can't give reputation (negative) to everyone? Very Happy

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Viewing who gives you a bad rep? - Page 2 Empty Re: Viewing who gives you a bad rep?

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:07 pm

In some forums, users with negative reputations have restricted functions. It is possible that it works like this here, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm thinking of reducing the amount of rep a user can give out in one particular thread. We seem to be having a few problems with those who are spamming out others with neg rep...reducing that ability should put a stop to that problem.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:11 pm

McLewis how about doing one of these

- Minimum messages before vote count : Define from how many messages you can start voting

- Minimum reputation before vote count : Allows you to define at what reputation you can start voting

- Delay between two votes by a user :Allows you to define a separation (in seconds) between 2 votes.

i say the best one if the Min post one is the best as only established people can then rep

TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:32 am

Why can't use the rep system now?

It was working fine some days ago..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:35 am

Nishank wrote:Why can't use the rep system now?

It was working fine some days ago..
No problems for me.

Do you see the + and - to the right?
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:39 am

No i can't!!!

There is no + - sign now.. It was there a few days ago ..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:41 am

free_cat wrote:I really would like to know why I can't give reputation (negative) to everyone? Very Happy

Im having the same problem.. I guess now im in negative so i can't vote..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:10 am

i think McLewis activated the

- Minimum reputation before vote count : Allows you to define at what reputation you can start voting

TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:13 am

Thats not fair..

I have just received a negative vote from one guy because i was arguing with him .. and that's the end of my reputation history..

Great.

Hey wait now im back to 0 Very Happy

But Mclewis please consider my point above..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 am

min posts would be better then min rep..... as people who don't misuse the system would not be able to use it
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:42 am

weve got to be able to view who gives us -rep. i logged out an hour ago and had plus 4, but not have -34?

i back from poker at half 3 in the morning and get that much neg rep? the forums dead ffs and enough people are on to give me that much neg rep?

obviously 1, maybe 2 cyber obsessives

i dont actually care, but i care that they care, thats why we should be able to name and shame

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:18 am

I think the whole rep thing is garbage tbh. Totally pointless. And you see a lot of good posters like Cyberman getting negative points just for pointing out facts that some posters can't counter.

certain posters are abusing it for the wrong reasons.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:20 am

I for example dont care about the rep system, neg rep me all you want.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:34 am

The xcx wrote:I for example dont care about the rep system, neg rep me all you want.

way to go buddy.

We all know everybody here already, at the end of the day, you know the posters, and what they say, having good or bad rep doesnt mean much. If i see a poster i respect posting something, i wont answer based on his rep, at the end of the day we all do the same.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:59 am

cyberman wrote:weve got to be able to view who gives us -rep. i logged out an hour ago and had plus 4, but not have -34?

i back from poker at half 3 in the morning and get that much neg rep? the forums dead ffs and enough people are on to give me that much neg rep?

obviously 1, maybe 2 cyber obsessives

i dont actually care, but i care that they care, thats why we should be able to name and shame

I have to agree with Cyber here. It's not so much the obsessive factor of wanting a good reputation, it's seeing who gave you it to justify it. If we are putting this system in place to regulate the quality of the post, and subsequently the poster, I think we should have a system that gives us the chance to regulate the vote, and subsequently the voter.

Just my opinion though.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilForLife Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:16 am

I just don't really like the entire 'voting' system. If you truly disagree and vote it down, some people might get scared about being found out or something.

Just eliminate the vote system, to be honest. Or improve it. Not sure how though, so I'm not a very good help. Smile

But what about the kudos? How do you use that? I read something about a thanks or kudos.

I don't see the thanks button.
RedDevilForLife
RedDevilForLife
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:22 am

RedDevilForLife wrote:I just don't really like the entire 'voting' system. If you truly disagree and vote it down, some people might get scared about being found out or something.

Just eliminate the vote system, to be honest. Or improve it. Not sure how though, so I'm not a very good help. Smile

But what about the kudos? How do you use that? I read something about a thanks or kudos.

I don't see the thanks button.

In theory, it's good to give respect where it is deserved, but in actuality, I think people can see beyond that easily. Example: Giuseppe (GiuvitoJuve I believe assuming he kept his name) is in my opinion the best poster on this forum and he doesn't have nearly as many as he should, but nobody thinks less or him nor places above him simply because they have a "better" rep.

I think it can be improved by revealing names. When you "thank" someone, it rveals your name, when you vote on polls it does the same thing unless you explicity block it, so why not expose it ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 am

well some ppl say that they are here to debate and all they do is argue or whine like little babies..i am kind of annoyed by some disgusting fans(mostly 15 or 16 yr olds ) who turn a debate into an arguement and end up neg repping u..i strongly a recommend the admins to review the rep system..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:15 pm

I've made no changes to rep system at this time.

- If you're in the negatives then you cannot give rep.

- There is no way for any of you to see who gave you rep. That's something that not even the Admins can see. It was intended this way as it makes the system far less susceptible to abuse.

- I believe I made myself quite clear on this: The Rep system will stay in place until it's been determined that it's an overall detriment to the growth of this forum. Then and only then will I consider removing it. As of now, the forum has continued to grow with each day passing.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Well said.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks for the firm response, McLewis.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:27 pm

I miss the classic Kudos function.... that was the best scratch
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Pretty sure I've seen separate functions for Rep and Thanks in forumotion's administrators panel.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:55 pm

The Thanks button is an option, but it's only for the the starter of a thread and it can only be given once in that particular thread.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:25 am

From 30 rep to -1 in two days, thats what you get for posting facts to MADrid fans I guess, its easily abused, Kudos > Thanks > Rep

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next