Art Morte
huntsman
Babun
49 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Lampard is the cancer in Chelsea Empty Lampard is the cancer in Chelsea

Post by Babun Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:07 am

Once upon the time, there was a super consistent, not injury prone club talisman for Chelsea who scored 20+ goals per season. As of now he is clearly on decline and hasn't been his former self for a long period of time. Now, Chelsea want to keep him in the lineup at all costs, where to play him? Very Happy

ACM? He wasn't cut out for that role from a technical point of view but made himself famous with workrate and awsome scoring stats for a midfielder. At the moment, he lost a step= struggles there, can't get himself into shooting positions like before, doesn't provide creativity for his teammates. Creativity was always a weird part in Chelsea because forwards were the source of creativity instead of midfield Very Happy Their most creative guy was Drogba Very Happy

CM? He doesn't have the work rate or proper positioning as CM. It clearly shows when he plays for England or Chelsea in that position last year. You could pair him with a monster of a DM but Chelsea have Ramires and Mikkel, not exactly the DMs you need to compensate Very Happy

What to do with him? Very Happy
I can see Chelsea lose the next EPL campaign if they continue playing Lampard in primary role. He needs to step down and act from the bench or play less games but with more effort.

Discuss! :lol!:

Update:
Lampard won his 87th cap as a substitute in Friday's win against Bulgaria, but was displaced from the first team by Scott Parker and Gareth Barry.

The pair are expected to start against Wales on Tuesday, and the imminent return from injury of Steven Gerrard and Jack Wilshere means the 33-year-old could be pushed further down the pecking order.

"I don't know," Capello responded when asked if Lampard would start games for England. "I need to wait because he's got two training sessions before Tuesday's match against Wales and I don't know what will happen.

"He's part of the squad. He's one of the best English midfielders but as the manager I need to chose the players and not the name. At this moment, Gareth Barry is in really good form and at the start of the season, Lampard needed to play more games.

"I remember Frank Rijkaard, who for the first two months of a season was not a player, then he found good form. The first two games that Lampard played this season were not good but the last one was better. I need to choose the player in a good moment of form."

Capello reported that Lampard reacted to the bad news with dignity and was delighted at the manner with which he applied himself after being introduced as a late substitute.

However, given the excellent platform Barry and central midfield partner Scott Parker provided for England, it is hard to see how Lampard could be considered for an early recall.

Capello started the week by demanding pride from his players and at an age well beyond the point when Alan Shearer and Paul Scholes both quit to concentrate on their club careers, Lampard is facing a test of his often-repeated pledge never to abandon his country.
Source:http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04092011/58/euro-2012-qual-capello-issues-lampard-warning.html

Now, Capello agrees with me. He is clearly on decline. Chelsea won't win anything with him in midfield as set starter Very Happy

Update 2.0, it seems like Lampard was reading our forums Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Chelsea's Frank Lampard vows to prove England critics who think he is 'old and crap' wrong
The midfielder came under fire during the recent round of international fixtures and insists nothing will please him more than to silence his doubters, as he vows to improve form

England midfielder Frank Lampard wants to prove critics who think he does not belong in the side wrong, following intense speculation concerning whether or not he has a future in the national team.

The 33-year-old was not picked to start against Bulgaria though he did figure from the off in the victory over Wales at Wembley, but a subdued performance in an underwhelming team display has led to even more discussion about his role in the set-up.

However, he insists that nothing will give him greater satisfaction than to prove his naysayers wrong.

"I’ve been here before," Lampard said, according to The Mirror.

"I’ve had slow starts to seasons when I was 25-26, I had a World Cup which didn’t go well. I wasn’t told I was old then, I was just told I was crap!

"That is just the game. I honestly don’t mind. When I was 25, I probably would have had a different reaction to it all.

"Once you’ve been around the block a little bit, you understand how things are and my main aim is to play for Chelsea week in and week out.

"People can talk about my age for as long as they like. There is nothing better in football than proving people wrong and I’ll try and do that for as long as I can."

The former West Ham United man also revealed that he would like to reach 100 caps, as he currently sits on 88 appearances for England.

But for now, he intends to play regularly with Chelsea and improve his form.

He said: "But no excuses. I’m going to hopefully be on top form very soon. We’ve only played three games. I’ve not flown out of the blocks, I don’t think Chelsea have as a group.

"I’d love to get to 100 caps but it’s not something I’m going to hang around and be trying to do if it’s not there. I’ll just be proud to play for as long as I can."

England currently need only a point from their final game to secure qualification to the European Championships that will take place in Poland and Ukraine next year.
Source:http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/09/08/2655960/chelseas-frank-lampard-vows-to-prove-england-critics-who
Very Happy

Update 3.0

Lampard admits rift with Villas-Boas
Source: http://www.newsday.co.zw/article/2012-02-27-lampard-admits-rift-with-villasboas/
one week later
Chelsea fires Andre Villas-Boas
Source: http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7644170/chelsea-fires-andrew-villas-boas-barely-8-months

:lol!:

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Lampard is the cancer in Chelsea Empty Re: Lampard is the cancer in Chelsea

Post by huntsman Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:23 am

I am glad we didnt sign him because there were some stories circulating about that. All things come to an end, good times and the bad times. The good times end quicker though.

Chelsea's weakness is in its midfield. They have the best goalkeeper in the world, and the best backline as well. All they need is a couple of good forwards, and a completely new midfield.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:30 am

Let's not forget their heroic display against barcelona in 2009. That game shouldve ended Chelsea 7 - 0 Barca. I ve never seen barca in a weak form like that in recent years. Chelsea toyed with them and made them look like school kids.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:19 am

babun1024 wrote:

Gives a thread a bit of a trolling feel to it, no?

Lampard is still very good, if he gets an injury free season he should be big for the Blues.
I think sometimes his other than goal-scoring abilities get overlooked because they're not that fancy, although they're effective.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:26 am

He's slow, and he makes very bad crosses, and even worse free-kicks. His strongest point was always about positioning. Good positioning played in his favor for a couple of years and he scored goals and he made a name.

A very mediocre player.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:03 am

huntsman wrote:He's slow, and he makes very bad crosses, and even worse free-kicks. His strongest point was always about positioning. Good positioning played in his favor for a couple of years and he scored goals and he made a name.

A very mediocre player.

lol, if you're trolling you should at least make it sound a tiny bit convincing Cool

Lampard has scored 10 or more league goals in a season in eight seasons. That's more than a couple of years of good positioning playing in his favour Thumbs up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:22 am

LOL at this thread.

Lampard may not be the player he used to be but he still is Chelsea's best midfielder and was their best last season. Just due to injuries and inconsistencies from Torres, Ancelotti and other factors, Lamps simply had it bad. I mean he scored 27 and 20 goals in Carlo's debut season ffs.

And even then in last season he had 13 goals and 6 assists

Plus, Lampard not being creative for Chelsea is one of the BIGGEST myths.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:39 am

Arquitecto wrote:LOL at this thread.

Lampard may not be the player he used to be but he still is Chelsea's best midfielder and was their best last season. Just due to injuries and inconsistencies from Torres, Ancelotti and other factors, Lamps simply had it bad. I mean he scored 27 and 20 goals in Carlo's debut season ffs.

C'mon, only because he's got a Spanish wife and was compared to Xavi doesn't mean that you need to overrate him Very Happy
I know him very well, he is slowish, superb positioning, two-footed and can strike with either but can't create space for himself or teammates ( Drogba and Anelka do for him), isn't comfortable on the ball and isn't creative, it means he doesn't start plays but he may assist. For example, Messi assits a lot but he isn't the creative force in Farca Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Why does the OP post like he has downs No
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:27 pm

I can see what the OP is trying to say, and he is right to a degree. I think Lampard might surprise some people this season and continue with good performances.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Its amazing how underrated Lampard is really.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:54 pm

lampard is the most consistent midfielder in the premier league/
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:57 pm

usman111 wrote:lampard is the most consistent midfielder in the premier league/

no he isnt, not anymore. not even close infact
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:20 pm

babun1024 wrote:Once upon the time, there was a super consistent, not injury prone club talisman for Chelsea who scored 20+ goals per season. As of now he is clearly on decline and hasn't been his former self for a long period of time. Now, Chelsea want to keep him in the lineup at all costs, where to play him? Very Happy

ACM? He wasn't cut out for that role from a technical point of view but made himself famous with workrate and awsome scoring stats for a midfielder. At the moment, he lost a step= struggles there, can't get himself into shooting positions like before, doesn't provide creativity for his teammates. Creativity was always a weird part in Chelsea because forwards were the source of creativity instead of midfield Very Happy Their most creative guy was Drogba Very Happy

CM? He doesn't have the work rate or proper positioning as CM. It clearly shows when he plays for England or Chelsea in that position last year. You could pair him with a monster of a DM but Chelsea have Ramires and Mikkel, not exactly the DMs you need to compensate Very Happy

What to do with him? Very Happy
I can see Chelsea lose the next EPL campaign if they continue playing Lampard in primary role. He needs to step down and act from the bench or play less games but with more effort.

You have some fair points here.. I agree that he is on the decline but the fall is not steep as one would think. He is still recovering from the big injury that he had last season. He might not be the same self after recovering completely but he will still be one of the world class players.

I think AVB is trying to make Lampard the versatile midfielder at Chelsea cos Essien is becoming unreliable due to his injuries. In the pre season he tried Lampard at DM as well.. Its a slightly forward DM position.

Drogba was one of the creative guys in the team true, but he mostly created chances for himself. Lampard is the true creative force in Chelsea cos if you watch a match when he is playing properly, every ball goes through him. ok not every ball but 90% goes through him to the 3 forwards or the 2 full backs who make dashing runs forward.

I guess he does have the work rate but he lacks a bit of speed to be a true CM. But he is a box to box midfielder and he tracks back very effectively and he attacks effectively as well.

Lampard may well not play a primary role... maybe at the start of the season. But I see McE or Modric or someone overtaking him before the end of the season.. Lampard needs his rest. We could seriously and effectively use him as our super sub.

So I agree with your last reason for a certain extent Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Lampard won his 87th cap as a substitute in Friday's win against Bulgaria, but was displaced from the first team by Scott Parker and Gareth Barry.

The pair are expected to start against Wales on Tuesday, and the imminent return from injury of Steven Gerrard and Jack Wilshere means the 33-year-old could be pushed further down the pecking order.

"I don't know," Capello responded when asked if Lampard would start games for England. "I need to wait because he's got two training sessions before Tuesday's match against Wales and I don't know what will happen.

"He's part of the squad. He's one of the best English midfielders but as the manager I need to chose the players and not the name. At this moment, Gareth Barry is in really good form and at the start of the season, Lampard needed to play more games.

"I remember Frank Rijkaard, who for the first two months of a season was not a player, then he found good form. The first two games that Lampard played this season were not good but the last one was better. I need to choose the player in a good moment of form."

Capello reported that Lampard reacted to the bad news with dignity and was delighted at the manner with which he applied himself after being introduced as a late substitute.

However, given the excellent platform Barry and central midfield partner Scott Parker provided for England, it is hard to see how Lampard could be considered for an early recall.

Capello started the week by demanding pride from his players and at an age well beyond the point when Alan Shearer and Paul Scholes both quit to concentrate on their club careers, Lampard is facing a test of his often-repeated pledge never to abandon his country.
Source:http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04092011/58/euro-2012-qual-capello-issues-lampard-warning.html

Now, Capello agrees with me. He is clearly on decline. Chelsea won't win anything with him in midfield as set starter Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Arquitecto wrote:LOL at this thread.

I Agree it is a myth in a sense.....

Lampard is very creative for Chelsea but only in the final third like Fabregas his job to score goal's and provide the final pass what Chelsea need is someone who can create from deep and allow Lampard to do what he does.....

A Modric, Wilshere. X.Alonso, Xavi, Charlie Adam, Sweignsteiger, Sahin etc etc

I realise majority of them are not realistic but that is the type Chelsea need imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Chelsea needs a player who is able to dictate the game, and Lampard does not provide that type of creativity which we desperately need.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:17 pm

it might be true, but i refuse to believe it
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Im noticing a theme of awkward situations surrounding aging players who have been at their respective clubs for long times...

Zanetti, Totti, Lampard, Gerrard, Del Piero, Raul, Inzaghi, Pirlo...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:33 pm

bhends wrote:Im noticing a theme of awkward situations surrounding aging players who have been at their respective clubs for long times...

It's a good point and can be a tender issue.
Good managers will notice when someone is losing form & fitness due to their age and will have the balls to bench those players. But for fans it's different, a portion of them will go mad if their club legend is made a bench player. Moreover, good professionals will accept their new, diminished role and won't throw their toys outte pram (like Carvalho did and I guess Totti is having his issues as well). Lampard is one to watch in this regard (why not Gerrard, too), both in the NT and at their club.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Art Morte wrote:
bhends wrote:Im noticing a theme of awkward situations surrounding aging players who have been at their respective clubs for long times...

Good managers will notice when someone is losing form & fitness due to their age and will have the balls to bench those players. But for fans it's different, a portion of them will go mad if their club legend is made a bench player. Moreover, good professionals will accept their new, diminished role and won't throw their toys outte pram (like Carvalho did and I guess Totti is having his issues as well). Lampard is one to watch in this regard (why not Gerrard, too), both in the NT and at their club.

I honestly won't mind seeing Lampard benched seeing his form of late. Sure he's a legend but no one is bigger than the club.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:38 pm

I think Lampard will be benched more often this season... I mean there is no fair reason for him to start all the games..
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:

++ It's hard for the fans aswell because as much as I love Lampard(or you Stevie), the player is getting on and just can't produce what they used to, but making the call on when they start playing less must be tread lightly. The other aspect is having inspirational or big players on the field can lift a team, even if they are not playing 100% of what they were a few years ago.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Not sure why Gerrard's being mentioned.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:56 pm

RedOranje wrote:

Not sure why Gerrard's being mentioned.

Lampard is the cancer in Chelsea NotSureIfSerious
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down