How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start?

+15
ChollaVille
billionmillion
Khaled
Great Leader Sprucenuce
messixaviesta
Doc
the xcx
alexjanosik
Arquitecto
sagnik92
BarrileteCosmico
dostoevsky
free_cat
billy_gr
The Franchise
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many games will Sanchez start.

How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]
How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]
How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]
How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start?

Post by dostoevsky Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:15 am

The Franchise wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Interesting related question and not one that I think an answer can be justified for before he begins to play for Barcelona, however on instinct would each of you predict that Sanchez will score more goals as a starter or a substitute? Given how many competitions Barcelona are in he might end up gathering around twenty to thirty appearances as a starter and then again as a sub, barring personal injury.

Also Dani maybe I'd find it less aggressive if I had some idea of who the guy actually was, unless you really want to scare the daylights out of posters. Very Happy

I dont know if he will score more as a starter of sub, but I personally dont think it matters.

What I mean is, he is different from Pedro and Villa, in that goals dont dictate how well he is playing.

If Villa isnt scoring, he can still play well, but eventually it will effective his confidence because he is so used to scoring.

I dont mean this in a bad way, but if Pedro isnt scoring, he isnt doing much in terms of personal impact. His movement opens space for others, but if he isnt scoring along with that, you notice it.

Sanchez on the other hand, doesnt seem to me to rely on goals. I dont think it will effect him if he doesnt score for half a dozen games, because its not his mentality.

ediit: The guy is from a film, he is as scary as he looks.

Yeah, I don't believe that it's significant, merely a point of interest. I agree with your statements regarding the use of his general play, he's less likely to try and to continually try to do too much when frustrated, unlike a player such as Zarate at the same age. He has poor games, however he's less obnoxiously frustrating and has far less work to do in ironing out such flaws in his game, which would also affect Barcelona's possession game. He's audacious, however he was generally intelligent enough to use Di Natale as much as possible, this will only increase with the talent surrounding him at Barcelona.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many La liga games do you think Alexis Sanchez will start?

Post by ChollaVille Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:36 am

If Messi, Villa and Pedro start 30... 24 La Liga start spots is left, and I say 16 starts for Sanchez and 8 starts for Afellay.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Messi is going to start at least 34 league games Cho, unless injured.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
billionmillion wrote:Considering everybody fails at barca he will start less than 10 games. Actually its Villa who got a new problem not Pedro. Sanchez will be 70th minute substitute for Villa. Same with Afellay and Pedro.

Barca always play under pressure and in little spaces with short passes, lets see if Sanchez will adapt this. he is not a passer as good as pedro. i predict pedro will be starter, it will take 5-6 months for sanchez to become a starter

I have to question how much you have seen of Sanchez with this comment.....

He is an excellent passer and better than Pedro in this regard, Pedro is much better finisher at this stage though.

Also Sanchez works as hard as any Barca player and is very good in small spaces and a great dribbler with little space or lots of space.

Watch this video it will explain everything i just said in greater detail......

In videos ibrahim afellay looks better than c.ronaldo. for barcelona he is not better passer than pedro who knows what to do with teammates, it will take half season for him to show his full potential.
overall he is only better than pedro at dribbling. sanchez was a silver among metals, but pedro is a silver among golds. so pedro is underrated
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:33 pm

The Franchise wrote:Messi is going to start at least 34 league games Cho, unless injured.

Pedro, Villa and Messi average 30 games (together 90 starts). So 24 starts left for Sanchez and Afellay (without injuries) in La Liga. They will probably start every game in Cup and few in CL, and one of them will be sub in almost every game where they did not start.

So in overal, Sanchez culd start 25 games and be sub in 20 games.

Last year Keita was starter in 24 games and sub in 29 games and that was record for last season with total 53 games.
Masche played total 45 games, Adriano 29, Maxwell 39, Bojan 35. For half season Afellay played in 28 games.

Without Cesc in team, with reduced time for Keita and Masche playing osmetimes as CB, Masche will repeat his season with around 45 games in total, and Thiago could play 40 games in season.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:55 pm

What do you think of Sanchez transfer? IMO he wasn't flop in his first season, but I expected more of him. 31 starts, 41 apps, 15 goals. Not bad, but he wasn't great buy, for the money we paid I expected more. If in this season he still keep getting injuries and struggle to play 2 good games in the row, I will think of him as overpaid transfer. As for now, medium transfer. Hopefully he will improve in second year.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:55 am

Messi, Villa, Pedro, Afellay, Sanchez, Cuenca, Tello. How are all these blokes mean't to have fair game time? I have a feeling that Sanchez may not get as many games. Preseason, definately will be getting minutes, La Liga, he will start those average games and poor games imo. He may even start Copa del Rey... I don't see him doing well though remember Villa hasn't come back from injury yet and it will take time to build up his form he started from. I can see him starting the first 3-5 games though he will be a mix and go for the rest for sure.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:25 am

Alexis will be fine.

Cuenca is injured and he is better than him and Tello anyway.

Villa, Pedro and Alexis out 3 main forwards. The others going to see limited time.

Though Affelay has the advantage of being able to play in other positions.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:42 am

This isn;t the official Alexis thread... Stop diggin up old random threads. Now we have all this crap about last years transfers etc up the top.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 am

The Franchise wrote:Alexis will be fine.

Villa, Pedro and Alexis out 3 main forwards. The others going to see limited time.

I hope either Alexis improves his game a lot, or he stops being always picked in front of Pedro for no reason. In form Pedro has proved to be a better player than Alexis.

Also, yes, in theory Alexis is better than Cuenca, but in terms of performance Cuenca has not been far off from Alexis providing the dribling and assisting that was expected from Alexis and he never delivered.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:30 pm

free_cat wrote:

I hope either Alexis improves his game a lot, or he stops being always picked in front of Pedro for no reason. In form Pedro has proved to be a better player than Alexis.

Also, yes, in theory Alexis is better than Cuenca, but in terms of performance Cuenca has not been far off from Alexis providing the dribling and assisting that was expected from Alexis and he never delivered.

The reason why Alexis started ahead of Pedro last year is simple, Alexis performed better than Pedro when he got the chance. It was only at the last games when Pedro started performing close to the level he had the years before...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:53 pm

harhar11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:

The reason why Alexis started ahead of Pedro last year is simple, Alexis performed better than Pedro when he got the chance. It was only at the last games when Pedro started performing close to the level he had the years before...

Yes, yes, he performed much better than Pedro, especially in the deciding games vs. Chelsea or the Cup final.

Off course Pedro won't be in form if any time both players are fit, you always pick Alexis. It's impossible to pick up the rythm and build confidence this way.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:21 pm

I aint even going to comment on that free, I thought this was dead?

Last season is done, leave it alone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2