Tito's Barca one game away from breaking record for best start in La Liga history

+4
gondov
jibers
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
8 posters

Go down

Tito's Barca one game away from breaking record for best start in La Liga history Empty Tito's Barca one game away from breaking record for best start in La Liga history

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:51 am

With 37 points of a possible 39 Tito's Barca has met the record for best start in La Liga joining Antich's Real Madrid in 91/92, who drew their 14th game. Thus, Barca must win the next game to break the record.

In that 91/92 season Barca had lost 3 of the first 5 matches giving Madrid a significant lead, but eventually Cruyff's team won in spite of trailing the entire season. The catalan and capital clubs situations are now inverted, an omen of things to come?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Tito's Barca one game away from breaking record for best start in La Liga history Empty Re: Tito's Barca one game away from breaking record for best start in La Liga history

Post by Lex Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:11 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Thus, Barca must win the next game to break the record
And we all know how tough Bilbao are. They're like the Middlesbrough of La Liga ffs Mad

Vagi must be sweating bullets in his satin PJs as we speak
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Tito's Barca one game away from breaking record for best start in La Liga history Empty Re: Tito's Barca one game away from breaking record for best start in La Liga history

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:13 am

No Lex I'm quite confident we'll 3+ past them. This is Bilbao's worst start in like 40+ years lol.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No Lex I'm quite confident we'll 3+ past them. This is Bilbao's worst start in like 40+ years lol.

I agree this is Bilbao's worst start in their history, I can confirm.... I am time
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:44 am

Bilbao deserve a beating from barca, for bending over to get ****d by Madrid last week. They reminded me of Espanyol, another one of madrid's bitches, always gifting real 3 points.

Clubber
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:52 am

Next week a record for Messi and Tito, shall be a good day Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:52 am

They deserve it
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:54 am

Really want to see this team play either Dortmund or Bayern. I will admit that if we faced this team SAF would probably get a heart attack. Too many damn playmakers in one team, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi...

VAGI
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:00 am

jibers wrote:Really want to see this team play either Dortmund or Bayern. I will admit that if we faced this team SAF would probably get a heart attack. Too many damn playmakers in one team, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi...

VAGI

Teams like Celtic and last season chelsea are Barca's kryptonite.

Bayern, BVB v Barca will be very open games (potentially of course), messi and xaviesta would run riot.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:04 am

gondov wrote:
jibers wrote:Really want to see this team play either Dortmund or Bayern. I will admit that if we faced this team SAF would probably get a heart attack. Too many damn playmakers in one team, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi...

VAGI

Bayern, BVB v Barca will be very open games (potentially of course), messi and xaviesta would run riot.

Yes buyt Dortmunds tranisiton is even better than Madrids and your defence isnt great at all there are so many gaps. I reckon Dortmund can beat Barcelona seeing as they are better than Madrid as well
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:18 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:With 37 points of a possible 39 Tito's Barca has met the record for best start in La Liga joining Antich's Real Madrid in 91/92, who drew their 14th game. Thus, Barca must win the next game to break the record.

In that 91/92 season Barca had lost 3 of the first 5 matches giving Madrid a significant lead, but eventually Cruyff's team won in spite of trailing the entire season. The catalan and capital clubs situations are now inverted, an omen of things to come?

history to repeate itself ? hmm
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:27 am

jibers wrote:
gondov wrote:

VAGI

Yes buyt Dortmunds tranisiton is even better than Madrids and your defence isnt great at all there are so many gaps. I reckon Dortmund can beat Barcelona seeing as they are better than Madrid as well

Of course they can beat barca!!

However, 3 words sum up these teams' major problem; Barca have Messi

To stop Messi, it needs to be a collective effort with huge strong physical quick players, I doubt BVB can defend like that. They will sit back and try to counter with pace, and in doing so will only limit their chances bcz, barca unlike madrid, can pin teams back effectively with their possession and patient build up play. BVB will have the odd counter attacks and will need to be super-clinical and take their chances, bcz they wont get many.

If however, they try and go for the "out-scoring" tactic and open up vs Messi and co, I think we will witness one of those classic Messi CL moments as he paddles his CL stats !!

Last edited by gondov on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 am

A reminder that there's still 27 games left to play indeed. It's been done before. League's not done yet.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:48 am

gondov wrote:
jibers wrote:
gondov wrote:

To stop Messi, it needs to be a collective effort with huge strong physical quick players, I doubt BVB can defend like that. They will sit back and try to counter with pace, and in doing so will only limit their chances bcz, barca unlike madrid, can pin teams back effectively with their possession and patient build up play. BVB will have the odd counter attacks and will need to be super-clinical and take their chances, bcz they wont get many.

If however, they try and go for the "out-scoring" tactic and open up vs Messi and co, I think we will witness one of those classic Messi CL moments as he paddles his CL stats !!

If Madrid can beat Barcelona I believe Dortmund can
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:00 am

Clockwork Orange wrote:
gondov wrote:
jibers wrote:

If Madrid can beat Barcelona I believe Dortmund can

Its noyt that simple tbh. But I agre, becaue Dormnd are faster in attack than Madrid, I still think Barcelona will win the CL now or United
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:15 am

Clockwork Orange wrote:If Madrid can beat Barcelona I believe Dortmund can
And Madrid took how many tries to figure out the way that worked?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down