The Madrid One
RealGunner
Serge Gnabry
Ali
Pedram
42 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ?

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:45 am

ZsG7 wrote:IMO ur overrating Busquets

Busquets doesn't get the credit he should. He played all the minutes in the WC, while Alonso was subbed in almost every game, and every time Spain played better and/or scored the decisive goals. Yet Alonso was nominated in the Ballon d'Or, and Busquets wasn't.

It's normal, Busquets is young and still has to earn a reputation while Alonso has plenty, but I think that in only football terms, it's quite obvious who has been performing better the last years.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ?

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:47 am

Barcelona fans, you make me cry on the inside.

All collectively.

I would argue with you if you had sound argumentation, but if you can genuinely say that Alonso lacks PASSING SKILLS and CREATIVITY, than it is simply not worth it.

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:47 am

free_cat wrote:

Busquets is more creative than Xabi Alonso. There's a reason Busquets was the player that gave most passes forward in the last Champions League. Also, Busquets can drible and go past players, Alonso can't.
This is laughable and you know it. Busquet aint a creator,He is an anchor man with good first touch football and possession keeping brain.There is a reason why Alonso and xavi plays as a Play maker in NT and not busquet lol,and I never seen busquet starting a successfull move by himself.All he do is make space for xavi to create.Dont even bother to count the assist number of alonso and busquet or most chances created between two.lol.Busquet dont have 1/16th vision of alonso to call him a play maker to start with.Busquet being a better creator is a such a fallacy and very very biased argument.

free_cat wrote:

Let me ask you a question, if Alonso is so creative, why Madrid had so many problems last season against small teams that parked the bus and pressured Ozil?
You clearly dont understand or not really watches madrid matches,We lost points when ever teams man marked Xabi alonso ,ask any one who have seen full madrid matches,we struggled with out alonso.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:47 am

'Busquets more creative than Xabi Alonso??

and then barca fans wonder why people call them so biased
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:48 am

Busquets is underrated, I agree. I also think he is best at his position Cat.

Although when it comes to creativity and vision, long range passing and passing overall Xabi is better. We have issues playing without him becouse we don't have the creativity Xabi offers that we need.

But, he does have some faults like he can't handle pressure, so I don't rank him so high, but he is one of Madrids most important players.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:52 am

Also, except for the Classicos, I don't believe we have lost a single match with Alonso present; most ties he wasn't there either.

Pretty telling, and completely blows this argument out of the water:

Let me ask you a question, if Alonso is so creative, why Madrid had so many problems last season against small teams that parked the bus and pressured Ozil?

Care to come up with examples too?
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:54 am

As much as I revere and agree with Free cat in the forums, I cannot really agree with any of his statements on Alonso except for his statement that Busi is incredibly underrated.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:58 am

It's true that Madrid has struggled when Alonso is not playing or other teams man-mark him, but that's not because Alonso is soooo great as you are making him up, but because Madird doesn't have anyone else to create from the back. Khedira? Lass? Pepe? Gago? They all suck, so if Alonso is missing, you didn't have anyone else (now maybe Sahin).

I can understand that you think Busquets is less creative, because he always plays much deeper than alonso and favours short passing, thus he doesn't have many goal assists. But he starts most of Spain and Barça attacking moves, he can cope with any kind of pressure, get past players and bring the ball forward with an incredible rate of success. Alonso on the other hand fails under pressure, misses much more passes than Busi and can't drible.

Anyway, no need to argue anymore, you are Madrid fans and are blinded. If Alonso is better than Busquets, and Ozil is on par too Iniesta (as all Madrid fans have claimed repeatedly) I wonder why Barça midfield kicks their asses every time so hard.

I rest my case!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:59 am

Busquet isnt a play maker imo,he isnt creator too.He is an anchor man and he is the best at that position.People tend to mistake between good passing and possession keeping with creativity.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:59 am

Alonso is creative a bit of a silly comment Free.

But he is technically average outside of his passing and is not a possession keeper and gives the ball away needlessly quite often which is why he struggles against Barca.

The reason why i believe Madrid bought Sahin.

And Adit, Busquet's can be a playmaker if required he has shown enough to suggest he has that in his locker it's just at Barca that is not his role.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:02 am

free_cat wrote:It's true that Madrid has struggled when Alonso is not playing or other teams man-mark him, but that's not because Alonso is soooo great as you are making him up, but because Madird doesn't have anyone else to create from the back. Khedira? Lass? Pepe? Gago? They all suck, so if Alonso is missing, you didn't have anyone else (now maybe Sahin).

I can understand that you think Busquets is less creative, because he always plays much deeper than alonso and favours short passing, thus he doesn't have many goal assists. But he starts most of Spain and Barça attacking moves, he can cope with any kind of pressure, get past players and bring the ball forward with an incredible rate of success. Alonso on the other hand fails under pressure, misses much more passes than Busi and can't drible.

Anyway, no need to argue anymore, you are Madrid fans and are blinded. If Alonso is better than Busquets, and Ozil is on par too Iniesta (as all Madrid fans have claimed repeatedly) I wonder why Barça midfield kicks their asses every time so hard.

I rest my case!
get a grip and talk.Put some valid argument wich proves busquet is any wher near creator of alonso is.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:03 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Alonso is creative a bit of a silly comment Free.

But he is technically average outside of his passing and is not a possession keeper and gives the ball away needlessly quite often which is why he struggles against Barca.

And Adit, Busquet's can be a playmaker if required he has shown enough to suggest he has that in his locker it's just at Barca that is not his role.

Took the words right off me

Busquets is the best at his position but at playmaking Alonso is the better one, yes he struggles against pressure but his long range passing is one of the best and his vision is pretty good
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:04 am

Busquet aint a elite creator like xavi,xabi,sahin etc....

come on He isnt even 1/4 as good as xavi at play making still he is better than alonso at it?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:06 am

Should make a thread about Jeffren now he joined Sporting. I'm guessing it'd turn into a Di Maria is worst than this Jeffren and eventually end up as a Messi vs Ronaldo/Barca vs RM thread. Neutral
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:07 am

Adit wrote:

Busquet aint a elite creator like xavi,xabi,sahin etc....

come on He isnt even 1/4 as good as xavi at play making still he is better than alonso at it?

Did i say that?

All i said was that he can be a playmaker if required as he is shown he has all the tools, its just that is'nt his role so it's a bit unfair to compare to him elite playmakers because he has hardly played there, but from what i have seen if he was played as a playmaker he would do a fine job.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:08 am

Busquets has a completely different role than Alonso; I don't really see the need for comparison.

And yes, we are blinded for saying that one of the most regarded CMs in the world actually has some creative and passing skills.

Even the object of your wet dreams says it in a dual interview:

Xavi: I still remember when I began seeing you play in Real Sociedad, when you almost won the Liga (2002-03). I saw you and I thought, “this guy has the skills to play at the highest level. How does he control the ball and understand football like that?”

Xavi: Look who’s talking. You, in addition for being known for your touch, are also good in making long and short passes. But the best thing about you is that a lot of times you pass the ball without first controlling it. It seems like you learned your trade in the Can Barça.

Xavi: In this team, it’s easy to get along. For example, you and I have a wonderful understanding. I like to play 10 or 15 meters ahead of you. I prefer to move between the lines so that you’ll send me the pass. I need people like you behind me, that assists rapidly without handling the ball two or three times before passing. This creates spaces and it gives me the time to receive the ball, turn and pass the ball. You prefer to hang back to see the entire field.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:08 am

ynwa wrote:Should make a thread about Jeffren now he joined Sporting. I'm guessing it'd turn into a Di Maria is worst than this Jeffren and eventually end up as a Messi vs Ronaldo/Barca vs RM thread. Neutral
Its not like im dying to make every thread to barca vs madrid

its just that comments like "Busquet is better play maker than alonso", " Xabi lacks creativity " thats makes people (me) sick Very Happy
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:08 am

Guiltybystander wrote:Also, except for the Classicos, I don't believe we have lost a single match with Alonso present; most ties he wasn't there either.

yeah but Alonso > Xavi! lol
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:10 am

Here comes the next one Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 am

When someone says Busquets is more creative than Alonso then he is just biased or haven't seen much of Alonso.Nothing else frankly.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:13 am

Khaledbarca wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Also, except for the Classicos, I don't believe we have lost a single match with Alonso present; most ties he wasn't there either.

yeah but Alonso > Xavi! lol

I never said that, I said that Alonso was more important in the WC. I never said he was better than Xavi.
Also, it is mainly the brilliance of the Barcelona midfield that kills Madrid, not necessarily a game of individual quality. Of course, Xaviesta are brilliant, but so are Ozil and Alonso. Barcelona's midfield is also great without them however (most recent example, against Bayern Munich), which tells you about the ingenuity of the system, which no one has been able to match yet.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:17 am

Barca fan's if you have nothing to say apart from what could potentially turn into a flame war.

Please exit the thread and dont comment.....

Again my post was not about comparing it was about replying to comments i have read.

I would'nt dream of trying to compare Busquet's and Alonso.... Apples and Oranges and all that.

How do i rate Alonso? one of the best deep lying playmakers around but does struggle under pressure and is technically average outside of his passing.

Why i believe Sahin will eventually be better than him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:59 am

Guiltybystander wrote:Oh no! You have unleashed the ultimate fanboy! I even return from my holiday sabbatical for this!

MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER TODAY. Whaddagod.
IMO, at least within the top 10 players today. He has much more influence over a game than virtually any other player (Xaviesta). And those SICK SICK SICK long passes...

Bit snowed under by Xavi, which is unfair, because Alonso >> Xavi during the WC and I'd say they are at least of comparable quality. Especially when Alonso is allowed to play a bit further in the offense (so not pushed in a combined CM/DM role like now at Madrid) like at Liverpool, he is much better (than in his Madrid role; not Xavi). Only thing he lacks is speed, but his game doesn't need that anyway.

He might not be the most visible player, but is no suprise that almost everytime Alonso didn't play last season, we either lost or drew. He is of vital importance to the team, to me most important player, he dictates the game.

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 3 Tumblr_low0baCTzE1qcm3rro1_400

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 3 Tumblr_lnpcl7Xqtz1qjyhhuo1_500

This is just a video of all his ball contacts in one of the last matches of the season, see how he is involved with everything + absurd passing completion:

Influence over a match and comparable quality to Xavi.
LOL.
Is that why virtually every single time Stoke have faced Barca Alonso has chased Xavi's shadow.
Alonso is a very good player but just not in Xavi's league.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:11 am

WTF, Lass, Khedira, and Gago suck

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 3 Facepalm_implied
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:28 am

ali8775 wrote:WTF, Lass, Khedira, and Gago suck

Did you mind to read? I said they suck "creating" and bringing the ball forward.

About the great creativity Alonso has, that all forum seems to agree, we should first define what is creativity. For me creativity is the ability to create chances, and in that sense surely Alonso surpasses Busquets, but it is also the ability to build up the play to end up in chances, and in that Busquets is superior. Alonso is merely considered with better creativity than Busquets because he plays higher and uses more long passes, thus assisting more. Busquets doesn't need (and can't) to make assists.

Oh, and mole, I never said Alonso doesn't have creativity, check it out. I said that he lacks some creaitity, he has good creativity, but not awesome.

Quarterback bluffo Alonso.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:40 am

Busquets and creativity ? good joke bro.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next