The Madrid One
RealGunner
Serge Gnabry
Ali
Pedram
42 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ?

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:52 pm

Thats why Alonso is a Deep lying playmaker and Xavi is a CM.Xavi cant give defence the extra protection Alonso gives neither can he set counter attacking moves with pace Alonso can do.Also Xavi cant pick out players from the deep like with the accuracy of Alonso when the team is under pressure neither can he switch the flanks of attack like Alonso can with ease.Does this mean Xavi is limited too.

They are different types of midfielders so just because Alonso doesnt provide similar qualities to Xavi doesnt mean he is limited.Alonso is similar to Pirlo and no one would say Pirlo is a limited midfielder either.

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ?

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:02 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Thats why Alonso is a Deep lying playmaker and Xavi is a CM.Xavi cant give defence the extra protection Alonso gives neither can he set counter attacking moves with pace Alonso can do.Also Xavi cant pick out players from the deep like with the accuracy of Alonso when the team is under pressure neither can he switch the flanks of attack like Alonso can with ease.Does this mean Xavi is limited too.

They are different types of midfielders so just because Alonso doesnt provide similar qualities to Xavi doesnt mean he is limited.Alonso is similar to Pirlo and no one would say Pirlo is a limited midfielder either.

But Alonso cant give extra protection, because he cant defend that well, as shown by the fact he needs another defensive player alongside him.

And Xavi cant set up counter attacks like Alonso? Whats that based on? Any pass Alonso can make, I am completely confident Xavi can make. Just because Barca dont play that style, doesnt mean Xavi cant do it. This argument has been used before around here and it didnt make much sense to me then either.

I am not intrested in comparing Alonso to Xavi, I said as much in my first post on the subject.

But for the record, I would say Pirlo is limited.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Thats why Alonso is a Deep lying playmaker and Xavi is a CM.Xavi cant give defence the extra protection Alonso gives neither can he set counter attacking moves with pace Alonso can do.Also Xavi cant pick out players from the deep like with the accuracy of Alonso when the team is under pressure neither can he switch the flanks of attack like Alonso can with ease.Does this mean Xavi is limited too.

But Alonso cant give extra protection, because he cant defend that well, as shown by the fact he needs another defensive player alongside him.

And Xavi cant set up counter attacks like Alonso? Whats that based on? Any pass Alonso can make, I am completely confident Xavi can make. Just because Barca dont play that style, doesnt mean Xavi cant do it. This argument has been used before around here and it didnt make much sense to me then either.

I am not intrested in comparing Alonso to Xavi, I said as much in my first post on the subject.

Extra protection means additional protection not lone protection.He needs a Dm next to him but playing Alonso in a team means the defence better protected than playing Xavi because he shields the defence additionally unlike Xavi.Exactly how Pilro does for Italy and did for Milan.

The same arguement can be used for Alonso too.And Alonso cant get into final 3rd and make a final pass? Whats that based on? Any pass Xavi can make, I am completely confident Alonso can make. Just because Liverpool and Madrid dont play that style, doesnt mean Alonso cant do it.Its completely ridiculous how assumptions can be made without any facts.These sort of hypothetical arguements dont make sense.

Anyway i am done with that Arguement too.Basically u are saying a DLP is limited and i dont agree with that.Fair enough lets leave it at that anyway.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:28 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Extra protection means additional protection not lone protection.He needs a Dm next to him but playing Alonso in a team means the defence better protected than playing Xavi because he shields the defence additionally unlike Xavi.Exactly how Pilro does for Italy and did for Milan.

The same arguement can be used for Alonso too.And Alonso cant get into final 3rd and make a final pass? Whats that based on? Any pass Xavi can make, I am completely confident Alonso can make. Just because Liverpool and Madrid dont play that style, doesnt mean Alonso cant do it.Its completely ridiculous how assumptions can be made without any facts.These sort of hypothetical arguements dont make sense.

Anyway i am done with that Arguement too.Basically u are saying a DLP is limited and i dont agree with that.Fair enough lets leave it at that anyway.

Pirlo is terrible defensively, he has needed not one, but two hard workers next to him for Milan for years in Ambrosini and Gattuso. Alonso is better then that, he tries and he is tougher, he needs just one guy.

Anyway, the main point of this is all these players values are what they can do for the team with the ball. Thats what they are in the team for, the defensive side of the game is a bonus. Xabi Alonso can do alot with the ball, but only from deep positions. If he was like say Guilt, then great, he could be deep and do what he likes, he can bring the ball forward and he could also defend superbly well. But Alonso can only do one of those 3 things.

If Alonso is in your team, you need a defensive players with him and you need a number 10 type player in front of him. This makes him limited in my opinion.

With someone like Xavi, you dont need that limitation.

For example, a midfield of Busi, Alonso and Keita wouldnt work well at all. But a midfield of Busi, Xavi and Keita has a much better chance of working because of what Xavi can do for you.

As for Alonso's final pass, there is nothing stopping him making them, he just doesnt do them because he doesnt have the mobility and dribbling ability to get in those positions. Its not like Xavi and his lack of long passes at all, thats clearly a different situation.

Alonso, in my opinon, can be clumsy on the ball, not very good at dribbling and lacks of mobility to get into positions to make final passes. Thats not just an assumption, thats based on watching him not look so silky on the ball and not make the runs into pockets of space further forward.

Xavi doesnt try and make long passes, because thats counter productive to what Barca are trying to do as a team. Its not the same as making inaccurate long passes.

Overall, yes I am saying deep lying player-maker are limited, at least if thats their own ability. You have to make compensations and allowances for them you otherwise dont for more complete players.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:41 pm

He's not a DM. So if we're judging him for his defending then he's not a good DM atall let alone top 3.

He is overrated in my opinion and I was not impressed with his games against good opposition.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5