Babun
Sushi Master
Busby Babe
The Madrid One
Great Leader Sprucenuce
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Games that disappointed you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Games that disappointed you?

Post by RED Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:39 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

Not many shooters coming out these days, sadly Sad

Fixed Very Happy

Btw a bit OT here but is anyone looking to the new Deus Ex here?

Just got a 95/100 from PC Gamer, i really hope it does'nt end up in this thread as one of the game's that disappointed me.

And yes people this thread is for games that disappointed you, it does'nt mean it was crap or rubbish it mean's it fell below your expectations.

So leave KSA alone Razz

lol. Exactly! Wink

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:47 am

babun1024 wrote:I played the previous titles. RE1=horror, RE2= graphical improvement, RE3 = STARS introduction, a lot of tension ,RE4= action adventure masterpice , RE5 was rather disappointing but not bad. Code Veronica was like RE5 but with worse execution Very Happy
In my humble opinion, CVX was the last great zombie-themed game in the Resi series. RE4 was a great game in terms of action and shoot-em-up style gameplay, but that's when i felt it started to deviate from the horror aspect of the genre. RE5 was nothing like a RE game at all. had i not knowm it was in fact Resident Evil 5, i wouldn't even associate it with the series

Traded that sh*t in the day after I bought it
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:53 am

The Madrid One wrote:oblivion elder scrolls 4

wish i was dead while playing it

BLASPHEMY!!
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:08 am

I'm eagerly awaiting then new Do Sex. The first one was fantastic and I spent many an hour in it.

Only good game coming out in August, anyways.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:35 am

fifa 2008 was so disapointing i feel bad talking about it !

Oblivion sucked balls ! i upgraded by PC to play this "best RPG game in history" but i didnt even complete the game ! any real RPG fan knows that oblivion is NOT an RPG (there's a guy who finished the game at level 1 ffs)

Fable 3 ! i mean is this game even related the fable 1 ? the story line is so narrow and predictable except maybe for the last chapter, which didnt make up for the 'averageness' of the whole game

but the winner of the most disapointing game in history is Gothic 3 !
God damn im still angry at the developers of the game for screwing the whole series up ! gothic 2 is probably the best RPG game in history with the game play, the environment, character development, and the way the story unfolds ! and like any gothic fan i was waiting for an even better game in gothic 3 since that the developers of the series had money on their hands ! well guess what happened ! money screwed the game up just like its doing football ! the environment was expanded to attract more advanture gamers but it was expanded so much it became lame, the mian character lost his sarcastic nature and voice for a more serious deeper voice to match his new super hero persona, the other character that helped you around the first 2 games were not important to the story line ! The orcs, your arch enimies from the first two series didnt want to kill you anymore ! they basically created a new series and gave it the name of gothic and that was disgusting

/rant

Last edited by zizzle on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:06 am

Games that disappointed you? - Page 2 Too_Human

Thought it would be Mass Effect with a Norse twist...

Sadly mistaken.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:13 am

zizzle wrote:fifa 2008 was so disapointing i feel bad talking about it !

Oblivion sucked balls ! i upgraded by PC to play this "best RPG game in history" but i didnt even complete the game ! any real RPG fan knows that oblivion is NOT an RPG (there's a guy who finished the game at level 1 ffs)

Fable 3 ! i mean is this game even related the fable 1 ? the story line is so narrow and predictable except maybe for the last chapter, which didnt make up for the 'averageness' of the whole game

God damn im still angry at the developers of the game for screwing the whole series up ! gothic 2 is probably the best RPG game in history with the game play, the environment, character development, and the way the story unfolds ! and like any gothic fan i was waiting for an even better game in gothic 3 since that the developers of the series had money on their hands ! well guess what happened ! money screwed the game up just like its doing football ! the environment was expanded to attract more advanture gamers but it was expanded so much it became lame, the mian character lost his sarcastic nature and voice for a more serious deeper voice to match his new super hero persona, the other character that helped you around the first 2 games were important to the story line ! The orcs, your arch enimies from the first two series didnt want to kill you anymore ! they basically created a new series and gave it the name of gothic and that was disgusting

/rant
About Gothic 3 I actually enjoyed the game, and alot. Ofc Im an gothic fan myself, ie I rate gothic2 with exp, highest but Gothic 3 wasnt that bad at all. It had decent rpg elements to it, good story, nice voice overs (I prefer the old voice of "unknown hero tho"), open world, alot of weapons and replay value of it.
You should try Gothic: Arcania, now thats what I call the worst gothic game ever, it dosent ever deserve to be named or be part of the Gothic franchises.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:54 am

finishing the game at lv1 isnt really that difficult, if you never sleep you never level up but you can still increase or your major and minor skills and still acquire better weapons and armor
therefore finishing the main quest at lv 1 isnt that much of an achievement, usually i stop level up till i get to lv10 so i do the skeleton key quest
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:05 am

and for me fallout 3 was a big disappointment, after playing Oblivion i was really looking forward to it but just found it really dry and boring tbh, then again i am a fan of medi-evil fantasy type games so maybe thats why i prefer bolivion
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:57 am

Games that disappointed you? - Page 2 954-star-wars-the-force-unleashed-2-2010-reloaded

The first was just amazing and the hype surrounding this one (as well as dual wielding lightsabers) made it appear to be even better. Instead, we were given absurdly repetitive boss battles, a ridiculously short game, and writing almost as bad as the first game's was good. Massive, massive let down.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:35 pm

The xcx wrote:

God damn im still angry at the developers of the game for screwing the whole series up ! gothic 2 is probably the best RPG game in history with the game play, the environment, character development, and the way the story unfolds ! and like any gothic fan i was waiting for an even better game in gothic 3 since that the developers of the series had money on their hands ! well guess what happened ! money screwed the game up just like its doing football ! the environment was expanded to attract more advanture gamers but it was expanded so much it became lame, the mian character lost his sarcastic nature and voice for a more serious deeper voice to match his new super hero persona, the other character that helped you around the first 2 games were important to the story line ! The orcs, your arch enimies from the first two series didnt want to kill you anymore ! they basically created a new series and gave it the name of gothic and that was disgusting

/rant
About Gothic 3 I actually enjoyed the game, and alot. Ofc Im an gothic fan myself, ie I rate gothic2 with exp, highest but Gothic 3 wasnt that bad at all. It had decent rpg elements to it, good story, nice voice overs (I prefer the old voice of "unknown hero tho"), open world, alot of weapons and replay value of it.
You should try Gothic: Arcania, now thats what I call the worst gothic game ever, it dosent ever deserve to be named or be part of the Gothic franchises.

Maybe it wasnt a bad game on its own, but as a gothic 2 sequal i expected much better. They killed the whole feel of the game, the environment, the rush, being extremely weak (and thus careful) in the begining of the game, the 1 on 1 battles, the caves you didnt dare going into until ur strong enough, the random people you meet and their stories, the feeling of accomplishment after each quest, the rush of meeting an orck for the first time, and the feeling that you're never safe ! all these elements were gone ! even the story line of gothic 3 is screwed ! it was just a big step backwards for the series

btw did yu play risen ? its made the same team that made gothic 1 & 2 and basically they tried to recreate gothic 1, the game was good, great RPG elements and game play, its not as great as gothic but its still worth it
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:38 pm

fatman123 wrote:

finishing the game at lv1 isnt really that difficult, if you never sleep you never level up but you can still increase or your major and minor skills and still acquire better weapons and armor
therefore finishing the main quest at lv 1 isnt that much of an achievement, usually i stop level up till i get to lv10 so i do the skeleton key quest

the problem with oblivion is that all your enimies level up as you do and the only reason you start defeating them easily as you progress through the game is because you start finding better weapons and armor. Thats a feature of advanture games not RPGs
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Games that disappointed you? - Page 2 21397_tales_of_symphonia_dawn_of_the_new_world

The first one was just soooo good I was thinking surely the second one might be as good.

Games that disappointed you? - Page 2 Facedesk

Just no.............
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Gameplay was horrible

Characters are extremely unbalanced

Character Design was horrible

Could have done with the 3D and make it a 2D fighting game.

The only good thing I say about this game is the soundtrack.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Games that disappointed you? - Page 2 21397_tales_of_symphonia_dawn_of_the_new_world

The first one was just soooo good I was thinking surely the second one might be as good.

Games that disappointed you? - Page 2 Facedesk

Just no.............
O god... this game sucked. For the first hour or two (or three... I forget how far my roommates and I got into it) it was funny enough just waiting for the next bit of juvenile sexual tension and the stupidity of the dialogue... then even that wasn't a good enough reason to keep playing. THEY GOT RID OF THE frakking OVERLAND MAP!!!! WHY WOULD THEY WANT THIS THING?

Along the same lines was Final Fantasy X (to me anyway)... Sir Auron was the biggest bad ass in the games yet... but the others (especially Tidus... ugh I would wring his neck) were just stock characters, all built off FF VII.

I'd also like to say the Fable games, but they technically didn't disappoint me: I knew Fables 2 and 3 were going to suck based off of how bland Fable 1 was. That isn't to say Fable 1 is bad... it just wasn't all that good... and then 2 and 3 only changed little bits, adding superfluous bullshit like marrying the unlikable and static background NPCs. At least Dragon Age: Awakening knew that to make bonking on of the characters interesting and worthwhile it would need to be an actual character... not just NPC #6438. As RedOranje has grown accustom to hearing: Peter Molyneux is one of the worst game designers out there.

Last edited by magpie on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:45 pm

zizzle wrote:
The xcx wrote:

/rant

Maybe it wasnt a bad game on its own, but as a gothic 2 sequal i expected much better. They killed the whole feel of the game, the environment, the rush, being extremely weak (and thus careful) in the begining of the game, the 1 on 1 battles, the caves you didnt dare going into until ur strong enough, the random people you meet and their stories, the feeling of accomplishment after each quest, the rush of meeting an orck for the first time, and the feeling that you're never safe ! all these elements were gone ! even the story line of gothic 3 is screwed ! it was just a big step backwards for the series

btw did yu play risen ? its made the same team that made gothic 1 & 2 and basically they tried to recreate gothic 1, the game was good, great RPG elements and game play, its not as great as gothic but its still worth it
Yes, I have played Risen and completed it, very good game, kept me busy for days Very Happy
Cant wait for Risen 2: Dark waters Smile
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:13 pm

mw2 was a massive letdown as a follow up to the best/second best game of the series

every pc fifa between 06-09, then i stopped playing it

mafia 2... driving, driving, driving, more driving, oh look a shootout, driving, driving, driving, driving... ugh...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Oh god, Fable 3... Such a dissapointment. What was the point of being king? And what about consequences? And why make it so child-proof? Like you pick between Evil or Good, the only 2 alternatives. In the first one the choice wasn't so obvious, but now it's just 2 options and one says Evil the other says Good.

L.A Noire, it was good at the start but at the homocide case it just went down hill. Homicide was so boring, like every case was a routine, they were all murdered in the same away and the evidence was found in the same way and the killer had exactly the same motive.

Last edited by omarish on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:49 pm

It's 3 AM here, I'm gonna make a big list tomorrow Very Happy
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:52 pm

Barcelona games!
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:00 am

Dead Island
Too Human
La Noire ( not completely)
It's just that it got a bit repetitive
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:03 am

Holy necrophilia batman

It's been like 13 months...

ColoJunior :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:04 am

To be brutally honest, Dishonored is beginning to disappoint me. But I think that's because I was going in expecting an Assassin's Creed type game rather than a Splinter Cell style one. It's not that the game is bad or anything, it's just not what I was lead to believe it would be.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 am

Diablo III, Diablo III, Diablo III

- Missing promised features upon release (The rune system was supposed to be far more sophisticated than the simple spell upgrade it now is), and lets not forget pvp lol

- Got rid of a majority of features that were a staple of Diablo II and what built up its community like bartering.

- Auctionhouse

- Plot was sooooo generic.

- Fake difficulty. (aka just increasing the numbers)

- Lack of playtesting - I have found a few exploits myself and there have been so many stupid exploits which would never have been released had there been any playtesting (Like the act 2 chest exploit).

Im not going to list everything in detail but Diablo III is definitive proof that the Blizzard we know and loved became a sellout.

It's the first game I've ever asked and gotten a full refund for.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:26 am

FIFA 11
Batman Arkham City
Mass Effect 3
L.A. Noire
Total War Shogun 2
Driver San Francisco
Rage
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:54 am

CBarca wrote:Holy necrophilia batman

It's been like 13 months...

ColoJunior :bow:

Sorry I just love going through old topics Twisted Evil

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next