Red Alert
REWB
billy_gr
El Chelsea Fuerte
Raptorgunner
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Barca warned to stop 'messing about' - Page 2 Empty Re: Barca warned to stop 'messing about'

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:Not at all.

If Arsenal and Barca were the same stature 7 years ago why was it so easy to convince Overmars and Petit to jump ship?

Maybe different internal state of the clubs, going to different pastures, the dutch connection etcetera. They came together so we cant really say they statistically prove a point.

10 years ago Arsenal 12 leagues, Barca 16 leagues. Barca one UCL, Arsenal 0 Ucl. If Arsenal would have had iniesta, xavi, dinho, messi, puyol instead of barca they would have 17 leagues and 3 UCLS as compares to barcas 16 league and 1 UCL. I would def say same stature.

If not then which clubs were the same as barca in '01 and '02?

Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barca warned to stop 'messing about' - Page 2 Empty Re: Barca warned to stop 'messing about'

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:

If Arsenal and Barca were the same stature 7 years ago why was it so easy to convince Overmars and Petit to jump ship?

Maybe different internal state of the clubs, going to different pastures, the dutch connection etcetera. They came together so we cant really say they statistically prove a point.

10 years ago Arsenal 12 leagues, Barca 16 leagues. Barca one UCL, Arsenal 0 Ucl. If Arsenal would have had iniesta, xavi, dinho, messi, puyol instead of barca they would have 17 leagues and 3 UCLS as compares to barcas 16 league and 1 UCL. I would def say same stature.

If not then which clubs were the same as barca in '01 and '02?

Arsenal in that year were better off the Barca, in terms of team stability and probably even performance. The fact Barcelona were Barcelona was why they came. You say different pastures, the word is "greener" pastures. Barcelona were seen as "bigger" then Arsenal, no question about it.

It doesnt matter about the apparent little differences in amount of titles won, I remember those times pretty clearly and no doubt Barcelona were seen as bigger.

I dont know what clubs were the same as Barca in 01, I am not the guy who decides these things.

But what I do know is, Arsenal players left Arsenal for Barcelona to go to the bigger team at that point.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:28 pm

Well thats your opinion and I respect it, my sentiments are different though. I dont understand how my compliments for barcelona were understood in such a different way.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:07 pm

Someone pinch me...I'm dreaming.

It's about time. JUST END IT RIGHT NOW PLEASE
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:20 am

How'd that work out for you? Wink Twisted Evil

btw, we don't emulate Barca, we play our own style of football and handle our selves in our own manner.

Also, were not just craving their youth...Afobe says hello , so does Ozyakup. Only thing is ... we have better lawyers.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2