Human beyond this century? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Human beyond this century?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Human beyond this century? Empty Human beyond this century?

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:23 pm

Was looking for something else in this section n saw threads like the Alien in 20 yrs one... which was back in 2011, so that leaves us like 7 yrs to go? Very Happy Anyway, I sometimes wondered about this as time past n the worst n worst the world goes to shit, especially climate change. I thought ppl might just laugh or not be interested if I made a thread with this topic, even if the problem may really affect the world of even just the next or two generations n ppl often dont care beyond things happening their lifetime? but still perhaps some may have opinions?

Personally, Im quite pessimistic... one of the vivid examples when I first realized earth had a problem was prolly when I watched the docu Before The Flood with Leo Dicaprio, simply becos I was his fan Razz I didnt care at all much about news or politics, etc... but it really shocked me, so pretty much ever since on n off I have kept an eye on this topic. Add to this im a big sci-fi movie fan, Im theorically seen so many bad future scenarios Razz

Anyway, Im sure everyone knows all about the happenings n the trends, so two things Im interested to see what ppl think:

Firstly, with earth warming so fast, bad gasses in the atmosphere, chemicals in soil, depletion of so many major essential resources happening in the next few decades (eg. water) or at most end of this century, together with the every growing population (or lets just say it will remain constant even), I just dont see a possibility how the human race can survive as a civilization as it is, n something drastic n terrible must happen.

Secondly, is about humans going to live on Mars, for me its just simply an impossibility, the extreme difficulty, resources needed, n conditions there just cant support any meaningful amounts of humans? I can maybe see a possibility of a tiny group of scientists or whatever survive there for a while, but nothing beyond that. I find it pretty insane quite many ppl believe in it and/or actually invest n plan to try to make it a possibility if earth does turn out to be no longer survivable?

Thoughts? Razz

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Human beyond this century? Empty Re: Human beyond this century?

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:12 pm

The World is just a simulation.
Leave it behind, find yourself.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:17 pm

I do feel like we have top 100~150 years left in Earth barring major disasters like nuclear wars and that's me being optimistic.

When the fossil fuels finally dries out that's when shit really hit the fan, we are well on our way to civilianization collapse and i hope i'm not alive when it happens. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:24 pm

Pedram wrote:When the fossil fuels finally dries out that's when shit really hit the fan, we are well on our way to civilianization collapse and i hope i'm not alive when it happens. Laughing

We won't be alive by then but on the contrary I actually hope we would be there to witness the meltdown :bow:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:45 pm

Not sure if serious or not lol... maybe u guys r young n dont have children yet... when u realize the time frame is way shorter than 100-150 yrs (according to what Ive read anyway cos many essential resources will be depleted within this century), then if when ones realizes its gonna affect ur children or grand children, it does make u wonder?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:12 pm

100-150 years? lol which doomsday media do you guys consume?

this joint is eternal
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:03 pm

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/02/climate/atlantic-circulation-collapse-timing/index.html

"five or so years ago he would have agreed that an AMOC collapse this century was unlikely, though even a 10% risk is still unacceptably high “for a catastrophic impact of such magnitude.”

“There’s now five papers, basically, that suggested it could well happen in this century, or even before the middle of the century,” Rahmstof said. “My overall assessment is now that the risk of us passing the tipping point in this century is probably even greater than 50%.”

Almost every week theres something similar of research n reports coming out... thoughts?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:49 pm

I may be wrong but this does not seem reversible. You think recycling and driving an electric car will help?

Only way is for our species to colonize and extend to another planet before shit goes down hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:33 pm

every generation in the history of mankind has heard tales of how the world is soon to end
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:41 pm

El Gunner wrote:every generation in the history of mankind has heard tales of how the world is soon to end

Those tales were usually religious or prophetic in nature throughout history though, not scientifically backed

The world may not end, but living in it could get significantly worse, with extreme weather conditions becoming far more frequent and widespread
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:51 am

"science" rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:55 pm

I mean you can observe the changes in climate in real time. Extreme weather events and their frequency are easily observable too by anyone regardless if you believe in the science or the time frames that they propose in their research papers

Its funny how my grandfather predicted 70 years ago that in the future there will be less wars but the world will end due to a rise in worldwide calaclysms. This brother knew although I think that people are stupid enough to still be fighting each other Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:49 pm

So many evidences pointing to the fact that the current weather anomalies we are witnessing are man-made.

You have to be a special kind to deny what is happening right now, makes you look almost as worse as people who claim Earth is flat tbh.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:35 pm

the Earth is probably flat too
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 04, 2024 5:15 pm

Was an interesting thread until the moonbat conspiracy theories made it into a comedy reel Laughing

Mars is habitable but habitable does not mean sustainable. Without the planet being terraformed and rehydrated it just doesn't make sense for the planet only is a target because it's the only nearest habitable one.

Technically if we build sky cities in Venus even there its liveable.

Point being Earth is basically at the point of irreversible damage no that does not mean some irrelevant civilisation from 4000 years ago in its doomsday will happen it just means things will have to change fast or a lot of the things we take for granted cannot last.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:01 pm

Im quite baffled at how so many ppl think human will just figure way out of things again? U cant just invent stuff n substitute nature? There seems to be so many things thats getting bad so quickly, when u compare it with hundreds n thousands or even millions of yrs, but the changes now are happening in years instead.

So lets just say average or even best case scenario, the warming, sea level rises, pollution, overcrowding, extinctions of plants n insects n animals, etc, etc. will last us 300 yrs more... what then? Move millions of humans off planet? Lol... I dunno, it seems many ppl struggle to think past their life times n just shrug it off...

Living on Mars is an impossible dream anyway?

And yes these so called green n environmental protection policies I laugh at (such as no more plastics allowed at freakin Ikea or Mcdonalds) usually becos since I watched those documentaries said the contributions only amounts to very few % of the effect n that the big industries n governments n military etc. are still the majority of the problem n arent changing? Every yr u see the news updating most if not all countries failing to meet those climate summit targets... so changing are happening so little n tiny then whats required I dont see how humans r not doomed Razz

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:40 pm

stop watching The News, they lie to you and spread propaganda most of the time... focus on yourself, your family and community... focus on what you yourself can change, the rest will take care of itself...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:14 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Move millions of humans off planet? Lol... I dunno, it seems many ppl struggle to think past their life times n just shrug it off...

Not possible... Move some people, enough so that reproduction and continuity is possible, it's cruel but that's life. The rest will have to work with what's left until eventually life on earth ends i guess.

But yeah, there is no reason to worry about this for the average person because its beyond our influence.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:16 pm

Indeed it isnt possible nor should it be the priority.

Survival of mankind should be the priority rather than some charity case of having millions move.

Fact is there are too many habitable exo-planets in this universe to not be tempted by for new world migration, trouble is how to actually get there is the real quagmire.

Mars isnt impossible its just only the most practical even if that isnt saying much
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:49 pm

Mars colony is a fool's dream, despite what Musk tells you we are not technologically there yet and we won't be any time soon.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:02 pm

Pedram wrote:Mars colony is a fool's dream, despite what Musk tells you we are not technologically there yet and we won't be any time soon.

https://www.unsw.edu.au/newsroom/news/2021/03/mars-settlement-likely-by-2050-says-unsw-expert-but-not-at-levels-predicted-by-elon-musk

Musk is wildly optimistic in his predictions and the scope but it can still happen within 25-35 years IMO.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:45 pm

Settlement for like a dozen ppl? Or several? Pfft... water is just one of countless amounts of problems to be solved... there wont be anything outdoor activity without a suit? Everything must suck living there given the limitations... n constant fear of something doesnt go wrong n the colony fails... no wonder those movies in space are often about mental breakdowns Razz

Now that I imagine it, even if its possible, given a choice, I think I prolly prefer to die out on earth then to live in a bunker in Mars n suffer like that Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:14 pm

There is nothing fascinating about Mars to me bar maybe Olympic Mons or...its red atmosphere which isnt even red.

Musk talks a lot despite his innovation so no we aren't getting there anytime soon and I rather live in an Indian slum than some HAZMAT tent in Mars.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:20 pm

Its supposed to be a question of the human race surviving or not as a species or going extinct and you will complain that your hazmat tent is not a Four Seasons resort?

Human beyond this century? 200.gif?cid=85b9463dtx7rj52deg16f57yyng3gdbbzi3u5huu9dcrttvb&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:39 pm

Imagine waiting 2 & a half years to reach Mars in our current propulsion tech, only to arrive at anything else but a Four Seasons resort

Couldn't be me!
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next