Rank your team's/club's players best to...

+3
Myesyats
Glory
BarcaLearning
7 posters

Go down

Rank your team's/club's players best to... Empty Rank your team's/club's players best to...

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:25 pm

Every now n then I would wonder which players are the better ones to watch for n others worst, especially when Im trying to watch teams that I dont watch often enough to know better or for sure. I think many fans would have similar thoughts at times? So, without being strict or anything n I think u guys rank any teams u like actually, but I'll just start with my own team Barca. I think it would help A LOT when watching the teams to know better as well as just for interest. Obviously might be difficult to rank some players due to various factors but Im just talking the overall including how good the player is n his importance on the teams performances n results. U can also add comments or anything u like Smile

So for me Barca (from best to worst):

Frankie
Ter Stegen
Gundogan
Araujo
Lewand
Cancelo
Pedri
Balde
Raphinha
Kounde
Yamal
Christensen
Gavi
Felix (putting him here since still not sure atm Razz)

Below are basically fringe level players/sellibles:
Alonso
Romeu
Torres
Ferran
Roberto

A few players I must have forgot...meaning they prolly not even worth mentioning in terms of best players Razz

Looking forward to seeing yours~

Last edited by BarcaLearning on Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Rank your team's/club's players best to... Empty Re: Rank your team's/club's players best to...

Post by Glory Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:06 pm

Interesting idea. Will give it a try.

Bruno
Lisandro
Rashford
Varane
Casemiro
Luke Shaw
Onana
Mount
Sancho
Garnacho
Eriksen
Lindelof
Antony
Hojlund (not seen enough tho)
Mainoo
Hanibal
Dalot
Wan Bissaka

Thats about it. Amrabat yet to see his level. Not bothered to rank fodder like Maguire, McTominay, VdB, Martial.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Rank your team's/club's players best to... Empty Re: Rank your team's/club's players best to...

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:39 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
Frenkie
Ter Stegen
Gundogan
Araujo
Lewand
Cancelo
Pedri
Balde
Raphinha
Kounde
Yamal
Christensen
Gavi
Felix (putting him here since still not sure atm Razz)

Surprised you put Kounde so low (below Raphinha?!), he's been stellar so far this season and absolutely unplayable. He was good at RB but really shines at CB, imo very underrated

The only way for such a list to make sense IMO is to rank most consistent performers as in those who can maintain their top level for the longest amount of time which in my book would place Kounde in top 3 this season. I don't like such lists for this reason.

Same goes for Cancelo, in the absence of Pedri he seems incredibly important as a creative outlet in midfield so it also depends on which players are available at a given moment of the season.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:57 pm

1. Modric
2. Vinicius
3. Kroos
4. Courtois
5. Valverde
6. Bellingham (yet to prove himself but good start)
7. Camavinga
8. Militao
9. Rodrygo (Really starting to disappoint recently)
10. Tchouameni
11. Carvajal
12. Joselu
13. Rudiger
14. Alaba
15. Nacho
16. Ceballos
17. Brahim
18. Fran Garcia
19. Vazquez
20. Mendy
21. Lunin
22. Kepa

Won't rate Güler before i see him in a official match.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:42 pm

interesting, i'll choose mostly to rank in order of importance to the team:

1. Saka (effective and consistent! most often our attacking outlet when we aren't playing fluently or have nothing going... can make something happen out of nothing most consistently out of any other player)

2. Saliba (steal and finesse, Rolls Royce in defense... fatigue caught up to him a bit last season, but at his best he is flawless)

3. Odegaard (really has grown on me a lot over the past year, when he is at his best, we win matches - it's that simple... only negative is he is not always at his best. Has a lot of intangibles of a club captain for such a young leader. Great attitude, leads by example, hardest working player on the pitch)

4. Partey (he makes our transition-game tick like no one else, heavily underrated and underappreciated by some haters)

5. Trossard (a walking G/A magnet, absolute baller, tho Arteta treats him like a street dog... he can work on his off-ball game tho to get more on the good side of Arteta)

6. Gabriel (steal 2.0, leader and commander in the defense when he is at his confident best... not as flawless or finesse-built as Saliba tho)

7. Rice (really great start to life at Arsenal, i feel like he will only rise up this list the more he gets acclimated to our style of play and pins down a specific role in the team when everyone is fit)

8. Zinchenko (unlocks a lot of our attacks by offering mismatches in midfield, a revolution when he came into our team, however his defending is a big weakness)

9. Jesus (could've been a mini-Suarez if he had better finishing)

10. White (solid and consistent, underappreciated by the media, the fans know what's up tho)

11. Martinelli (feels almost wrong to rate such a highly talented and productive young player this low, but he is still mostly just raw talent, pace and dribbling instead of effectiveness and efficiency like Saka, Trossard and Odegaard... and i guess it also says a lot about the strength of our squad)

12. Raya (potential to rise up the list, already feel like he is better than Ramsdale, more confident and assured of himself in all facets of the game... seems like Arteta believes so too)

13. Ramsdale (not bad at all, but Raya is more refined)

14. Vieira (was so bad last season thought he needed a loan, but he has surprised me so much with his impact this season... good eye for a pass, solid dribbler, needs to beef up a bit and also put in the hard miles, try and emulate his game after Bernardo Silva)

15. Nketiah (useful if you need a fresh option off the bench to try and get you a tap in goal, and that's about it)

i refrained from ranking other players such as Emile Smith Rowe coz it seems like they have completely fallen out of favour with Arteta to the extent they haven't featured a lot lately and it's tough to make an accurate summation on them.

i refuse to rank Havertz... the only way he can be useful for this club is if we use him as a backup striker coz he can hold up play well. Arteta's worst decision so far as an Arsenal coach... 65M (most likely) down the drain!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:55 am

Glory wrote:Interesting idea. Will give it a try.

Bruno
Lisandro
Rashford
Varane
Casemiro
Luke Shaw
Onana
Mount
Sancho
Garnacho
Eriksen
Lindelof
Antony
Mainoo
Hanibal
Dalot
Wan Bissaka

Thats about it. Amrabat yet to see his level. Not bothered to rank fodder like Maguire, McTominay, VdB, Martial.

Was thinking whether to quote or not since it might make the thread way long, so I guess its better to when talking about players in lists. Anyway, interesting to Antony below Lindelof XD Just goes to show how badly Man U have been with signings of so many players... although I am laughing all the time I do feel bad for u fans... the ppl at the club responsible for signing players definitely needs to do better... it feels theres just been endless amounts of players signed n thrown into a mix n a mess of a team always is the end result.

Many of ur players would be performing under better circumstances I think...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:01 am

Myesyats, I agree players need to perform consistently in order to be considered good or not, I guess these list are usually just a snapshot in time. Anyway, I just have seen Kounde with too many poor decisioning, mistakes, positions to convince me atm. The same thing happened around the start of Auarjo's career with us though, so yea hopefully Kounde continues to improve n iron out his game if so he'll be fine Smile Pace is a big weakness though, but cant ask for a player to be perfect I guess.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:11 am

El Gunner wrote:interesting, i'll choose mostly to rank in order of importance to the team:

1. Saka (effective and consistent! most often our attacking outlet when we aren't playing fluently or have nothing going... can make something happen out of nothing most consistently out of any other player)

2. Saliba (steal and finesse, Rolls Royce in defense... fatigue caught up to him a bit last season, but at his best he is flawless)

3. Odegaard (really has grown on me a lot over the past year, when he is at his best, we win matches - it's that simple... only negative is he is not always at his best. Has a lot of intangibles of a club captain for such a young leader. Great attitude, leads by example, hardest working player on the pitch)

4. Partey (he makes our transition-game tick like no one else, heavily underrated and underappreciated by some haters)

5. Trossard (a walking G/A magnet, absolute baller, tho Arteta treats him like a street dog... he can work on his off-ball game tho to get more on the good side of Arteta)

6. Gabriel (steal 2.0, leader and commander in the defense when he is at his confident best... not as flawless or finesse-built as Saliba tho)

7. Rice (really great start to life at Arsenal, i feel like he will only rise up this list the more he gets acclimated to our style of play and pins down a specific role in the team when everyone is fit)

8. Zinchenko (unlocks a lot of our attacks by offering mismatches in midfield, a revolution when he came into our team, however his defending is a big weakness)

9. Jesus (could've been a mini-Suarez if he had better finishing)

10. White (solid and consistent, underappreciated by the media, the fans know what's up tho)

11. Martinelli (feels almost wrong to rate such a highly talented and productive young player this low, but he is still mostly just raw talent, pace and dribbling instead of effectiveness and efficiency like Saka, Trossard and Odegaard... and i guess it also says a lot about the strength of our squad)

12. Raya (potential to rise up the list, already feel like he is better than Ramsdale, more confident and assured of himself in all facets of the game... seems like Arteta believes so too)

13. Ramsdale (not bad at all, but Raya is more refined)

14. Vieira (was so bad last season thought he needed a loan, but he has surprised me so much with his impact this season... good eye for a pass, solid dribbler, needs to beef up a bit and also put in the hard miles, try and emulate his game after Bernardo Silva)

15. Nketiah (useful if you need a fresh option off the bench to try and get you a tap in goal, and that's about it)

i refrained from ranking other players such as Emile Smith Rowe coz it seems like they have completely fallen out of favour with Arteta to the extent they haven't featured a lot lately and it's tough to make an accurate summation on them.

i refuse to rank Havertz... the only way he can be useful for this club is if we use him as a backup striker coz he can hold up play well. Arteta's worst decision so far as an Arsenal coach... 65M (most likely) down the drain!

Nice details. Would just like to add though as Myesyats mentioned, consistency is a key criteria n how good is Martinelli here? There must be a reason hes the starter ahead of Trossard. I notice over the yrs often exciting players that I like myself will be benched by someone who is way less talented to me, one thing I guess is the reason is the coach considers also a players overall impact on a game, including the ability to play to the whole teams game plan, defending, pressing, physicality in competing n countering the opposition, etc. So Im guessing some coaches prefers those qualities overall hence the like of Havertz getting picked? Razz But yea I guess it is a very personal thing n coaches can be biased too Razz

A question I have about Saliba is is he really that good? Since Ive seen him make many mistakes... but I guess its quite normal in todays game where many top defenders n GKs makes more mistakes than in the past era due to the often insane presses they face in todays game...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:11 am

edited

Last edited by Glory on Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:12 am

BarcaLearning wrote:

Was thinking whether to quote or not since it might make the thread way long, so I guess its better to when talking about players in lists. Anyway, interesting to Antony below Lindelof XD Just goes to show how badly Man U have been with signings of so many players... although I am laughing all the time I do feel bad for u fans... the ppl at the club responsible for signing players definitely needs to do better... it feels theres just been endless amounts of players signed n thrown into a mix n a mess of a team always is the end result.

Well in Antony's case it is more of a personal preference. Many United fans rate him and would have go at me if they see this list. The argument being he only lacks end product and he tracks back and actually makes our right side tick. But for me though, what they are pointing out is the bare minimum requirement when you are signing a 80 mil winger. The standards have dropped far too much for some of us fans at this moment that they view such basics as impressive especially when weighed against someone like Sancho (who is the opposite, that is has all the talent in the world but couldnt seem to care). For me though, he is one of the first players who we should get rid off and his style of play wont suit us in the long run. Some may view it differently though. I cant even tell whether he drastically improves when he comes back as well judging by his stint so far as I think he lacks a lot in his game. Again that's entirely my opinion.
So back to the ranking, I wouldnt mind putting him higher and could go as high as above Garnacho, but as I said, its just the matter of taste. Lindelof on the other hand has gone up my estimation under Ten Hag.

Also I forgot to put Amad and Pellistri and lol Evans. Amad I will put above Sancho, as I believe he is genuine quality and could be our own Saka if Ten Hag shows a bit faith in him. Pellistri not so much. Evans is well who cares at this point.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:00 am

@BarcaLearning Martinelli is talented as hell and he is a hardworker, but as i said a lot of fans believe Trossard is more effective, but Arteta doesn't seem to think so. Maybe he doesn't want to outcast Martinelli while he is still so young and consequently negatively affect his development. Trossard is older so maybe he is more content and understanding with being brought in and out of the team.

Saliba making many mistakes? When? As i said, fatigue impacted him a bit after the World Cup last season. But that was the only stretch he was not his best self. Otherwise he has always been flawless for us.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:37 pm

What a depressing exercise...

1. Vlahovic
2. Chiesa
3. Bremer
4. Danilo
5. Rabiot
6. Szczesny
7. Kostic
8. Locatelli
9. Gatti
10. Milik
11. McKennie
12. Miretti
13. Fagioli
14. Sandro
15. Cambiaso
16. Weah
17. Rugani
18. Perin
19. Iling
20. Kean
21. De Sciglio
--- Pogba
--- Yildiz
--- Pinsoglio

I don't rank Pogba (on roids/suspended) but i still believe he is intrinsically our best midfielder. Anyways from #8 and down it gets complicated to rank because no one stands out, no one can be trusted.

Miretti-Fagioli are interchangeable, i prefer the latter but Allegri seems to prefer the former. Weah show interesting stuff, energy, movement, creativity but finition will be a problem. Cambiaso will have a bigger role once we sell Kostic. That's about it for those who might climb up in the depth chart. Needless to say we need to buy talent at every position.

A bad squad not worthy of representing Juve Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:48 pm

damn if you believe Vlahovic is y'all's best player we probably should've paid that 60m for him and not Havertz
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:06 pm

Calhanoglu
Lautaro
Barrella
Acerbi
Bastoni
Dimarco
Mkhitaryan
Darmian
Dumfries
De Vrij
Asllani
Sensi
Agoume
Di Gennaro

New players

Thuram (absolute boss so far)
Pavard (small sample but excellent)
Frattesi (decent so far)
Sommer (largely untested)
Augusto (good option when Dimarco runs out of steam @ 60')
Cuadrado (hasn't gotten enough minutes to be rated really)
Arnautovic (already injured)
Bisseck (to be seen)
Alexis (barely just arrived)
Klaasen (same)
Audero (backup GK)

Last edited by Vibe on Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:10 pm

Glory wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:

Well in Antony's case it is more of a personal preference. Many United fans rate him and would have go at me if they see this list. The argument being he only lacks end product and he tracks back and actually makes our right side tick. But for me though, what they are pointing out is the bare minimum requirement when you are signing a 80 mil winger. The standards have dropped far too much for some of us fans at this moment that they view such basics as impressive especially when weighed against someone like Sancho (who is the opposite, that is has all the talent in the world but couldnt seem to care). For me though, he is one of the first players who we should get rid off and his style of play wont suit us in the long run. Some may view it differently though. I cant even tell whether he drastically improves when he comes back as well judging by his stint so far as I think he lacks a lot in his game. Again that's entirely my opinion.
So back to the ranking, I wouldnt mind putting him higher and could go as high as above Garnacho, but as I said, its just the matter of taste. Lindelof on the other hand has gone up my estimation under Ten Hag.

Also I forgot to put Amad and Pellistri and lol Evans. Amad I will put above Sancho, as I believe he is genuine quality and could be our own Saka if Ten Hag shows a bit faith in him. Pellistri not so much. Evans is well who cares at this point.

Very Happy So interesting... n funny point about how far standard have fallen that fans get excited about just a bit of quality I guess, same can be said for Barca actually Razz

I gotta agree alot about Antony, whenever Ive watched him lately n sometime for Brazil, hes just lacking, I gathered his best abilities are shooting n keep ball, but no pace n penetration, etc. Garnacho seems to be a good sub type, there are so many of this type of players throughout the yrs, I guess its just a common one Razz

I think personal preference is something for everyone to have, all the more fun, dont have to rate someone just cos everyone seem to do which can often be the case, eg. Antony for 80M XD
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:16 pm

Warrior wrote:What a depressing exercise...

1. Vlahovic
2. Chiesa
3. Bremer
4. Danilo
5. Rabiot
6. Szczesny
7. Kostic
8. Locatelli
9. Gatti
10. Milik
11. McKennie
12. Miretti
13. Fagioli
14. Sandro
15. Cambiaso
16. Weah
17. Rugani
18. Perin
19. Iling
20. Kean
21. De Sciglio
--- Pogba
--- Yildiz
--- Pinsoglio

I don't rank Pogba (on roids/suspended) but i still believe he is intrinsically our best midfielder. Anyways from #8 and down it gets complicated to rank because no one stands out, no one can be trusted.

Miretti-Fagioli are interchangeable, i prefer the latter but Allegri seems to prefer the former. Weah show interesting stuff, energy, movement, creativity but finition will be a problem. Cambiaso will have a bigger role once we sell Kostic. That's about it for those who might climb up in the depth chart. Needless to say we need to buy talent at every position.

A bad squad not worthy of representing Juve Thumbs up

Loool, gotta feel for Juve fans these days... n glad I started this thread cos this is the kind of team I dunno enough n seeing this list confirms that too, since there r so many surprises. On the other hand though makes me also realize why Juve are struggle... the quality of the squad compared with the past elites are just quite a way off Razz

I thought the likes of Kean n Weah are better, just goes to show the difference it makes being a real fan compared with a clueless watcher like myself...

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:30 pm

Glory wrote:edited

Rank your team's/club's players best to... 58eyvu
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:30 pm

Vibe wrote:Calhanoglu
Lautaro
Barrella
Acerbi
Bastoni
Dimarco
Mkhitaryan
Darmian
De Vrij
Dumfries
Asllani
Sensi
Agoume
Di Gennaro

New players

Thuram (absolute boss so far)
Pavard (small sample but excellent)
Frattesi (decent so far)
Sommer (largely untested)
Augusto (good option when Dimarco runs out of steam @ 60')
Cuadrado (hasn't gotten enough minutes to be rated really)
Arnautovic (already injured)
Bisseck (to be seen)
Alexis (barely just arrived)
Klaasen (same)
Audero (backup GK)

Again, lots of surprises to me... n gotta say Inter on paper arent impressive, but the way they playing are just impressive... bar the last CL game? Razz Lots of new players n momentum so exciting times... Cuadrado being a key player for Juve to being not featuring for Inter says a lot too?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:25 pm

At least Inter can build a credible starting XI

We're stuck with a 3-5-2 using McKennie as a piston on the right flank. Not ideal we hope that Weah blossoms quickly into a starter level and then we can use him (and Chiesa) as wingers.

I love Cuadrado but he barely has fuel left in the tank, that's why he was not renewed, well i'd still rate him above McKennie in this role be it only for the first 60 mins of a game.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:12 am

Glory wrote:Interesting idea. Will give it a try.

Bruno
Lisandro
Rashford
Varane
Casemiro
Luke Shaw
Onana
Mount
Sancho
Garnacho
Eriksen
Lindelof
Antony
Mainoo
Hanibal
Dalot
Wan Bissaka

Amrabat looks home. Still 1 match, but could end up very high on this list. Could be the most important transfer of ten hag era.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:18 am

calma brother, it was a Carabao Cup game
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum