Premier League 2023/24

+32
sportsczy
Robespierre
titosantill
CBarca
Adit
chemicalboy99
futbol_bill
Arquitecto
Lord Awesome
DeviAngel
Winter is Coming
rincon
Glory
farfan
Blue
RealGunner
Thimmy
Davis
BarrileteCosmico
Warrior
Firenze
Helmer
Nishankly
Ben
Hapless_Hans
BarcaLearning
El Gunner
Myesyats
Pedram
McAgger
halamadrid2
Vibe
36 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:44 pm

Oh thats right jim ratcliffe the man with the clout and paper at manure. I bet the manutd fans were real disappointed to get that knob over that saudi prince. I can hear the brayings of lamentation as i type this.

It matters not who he brings in. A donkey club run by donkeys will still operate like a donkey club. drinking

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2469
Join date : 2011-06-05

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Glory Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:23 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Glory wrote:Yea and I am 100% sure that they will come for him. Them or Barcelona. Wink Them too have a thing for headless pace merchants in recent years. The justification for buying him would be it is United ruining Rashford like United's been ruining players. He may even thrive at those clubs, I mean change of scenery, weaker league and all(in case of psg) but whatever happens, at United its more or less written now. It simply wont work out.  


I do think there's some logic to that thinking. I don't believe that Man United ruin players necessarily, but ever since Ferguson retired, you've held on to new signings for too long, and you've brought in players who aren't a fit for new tactical approaches brought on by new managers, so the managers have to adopt their system to the players, rather than the other way around. Recruitment hasn't been good enough to speed things up, and there's not enough patience to allow the team to be built for a certain philosophy. You'd think Mourinho would excel in that environment, since he just forces everyone to play defensively and then complains about the lack of transfers anyway. Rashford has played under a lot of different systems, and he pretty much does the same thing regardless of how they play Laughing I imagine Hojlund will likely benefit from his departure.


This is actually a good point. A main reason of why him or any talented player who has come to United looks like a wasted talent right now could be because of that. First LvG with his sleeping pills sideways football, then Jose with his park the airplane football , then Ole with his 'I dont know what I am doing here' football and now Ten Hag with 'we attack with 11 we defend with 11 but ultimately showing fuck all' football. I mean there's absolutely no continuity. Once again its the lack of planning and vision from the higher ups.
Another reason why there's should be a total reboot in terms of playing squad now that hopefully some structure is about to be put into place. The same confused players cant be asked to go again. Because 100% they will fail again.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 6322
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:26 pm

Thimmy wrote:In other, Manchester news, Jim Ratcliffe is bringing in Omar Berrada from Manchester City. I’m not familiar with him, but it looks like he was involved in the sporting side of things and worked closely with Txiki Begiristain regarding transfers and contracts.

He will become the chief of administration at Man United - resonsible for commercial and sporting activities. I’m not sure exactly what that role entails, but it’s a great thing that Man United finally have someone who will at least take some responsibility for future transfers and contracts. It’s far too late for this to happen, but better late than never.


He seems to be highly regarded but he will be caught up in the imminent shitshow that City will be. He's complicit in the period their ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN charges stem.

People thinking nothing will happen are deluding themselves. City doing everything they can though trying to bury shit and stalling the investigation at every turn. They are 100% guilty and if even ten charges stick they're getting relegated.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34277
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:15 pm

I sincerely hope you are right but I also know the system within the FA and all is corrupt and the Arab money and marketing scheme for City represents too much money for them to turn a blind eye. Already City have gotten away with so much I dont see why this is any different unless it's a case of too much piled on.

As said I am hoping you are right because I am absolutely sick of that team.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12496
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:59 pm

Finding justice against a club backed by a nation's gdp? Gl with that. Why do you think the hipster joined up with city in the first place? Just as birds of a feather flock together, so do in fact donkeys of the drove herd together as well.

I got money on wolves losing today. Heres to a free lunch! drinking
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2469
Join date : 2011-06-05

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Glory Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:53 pm

Firenze wrote:
Thimmy wrote:In other, Manchester news, Jim Ratcliffe is bringing in Omar Berrada from Manchester City. I’m not familiar with him, but it looks like he was involved in the sporting side of things and worked closely with Txiki Begiristain regarding transfers and contracts.

He will become the chief of administration at Man United - resonsible for commercial and sporting activities. I’m not sure exactly what that role entails, but it’s a great thing that Man United finally have someone who will at least take some responsibility for future transfers and contracts. It’s far too late for this to happen, but better late than never.


He seems to be highly regarded but he will be caught up in the imminent shitshow that City will be. He's complicit in the period their ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN charges stem.

People thinking nothing will happen are deluding themselves. City doing everything they can though trying to bury shit and stalling the investigation at every turn. They are 100% guilty and if even ten charges stick they're getting relegated.


But there's another angle. Wouldnt he be also part of the cover up and hence prosecuted if they are found to be guilty? It would make no sense to appoint him in that scenario. The reason why we went for him could be because we know nothing will happen to City.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 6322
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Glory Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:55 pm

Firenze wrote:
Thimmy wrote:In other, Manchester news, Jim Ratcliffe is bringing in Omar Berrada from Manchester City. I’m not familiar with him, but it looks like he was involved in the sporting side of things and worked closely with Txiki Begiristain regarding transfers and contracts.

He will become the chief of administration at Man United - resonsible for commercial and sporting activities. I’m not sure exactly what that role entails, but it’s a great thing that Man United finally have someone who will at least take some responsibility for future transfers and contracts. It’s far too late for this to happen, but better late than never.


He seems to be highly regarded but he will be caught up in the imminent shitshow that City will be. He's complicit in the period their ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN charges stem.

People thinking nothing will happen are deluding themselves. City doing everything they can though trying to bury shit and stalling the investigation at every turn. They are 100% guilty and if even ten charges stick they're getting relegated.


But there's another angle. Wouldnt he be also part of the cover up and hence prosecuted if they are found to be guilty? It would make no sense to appoint him in that scenario. The reason why we went for him could be because we know nothing will happen to City.


Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 6322
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:07 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:Finding justice against a club backed by a nation's gdp? Gl with that. Why do you think the hipster joined up with city in the first place? Just as birds of a feather flock together, so do in fact donkeys of the drove herd together as well.

I got money on wolves losing today. Heres to a free lunch! drinking

So much for my free lunch. Curse Brighton for being such a donkey team! A draw means i i had to split the cost. Annoyed.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2469
Join date : 2011-06-05

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Vibe Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:35 pm

I read somewhere that City are in deep shit, if this decision goes against them in court, relegation will be the least of their concerns.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 10274
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:32 pm

Yes lets berate anyone for thinking City won't face serious charges despite this going on for 10 years without knowing what type of individuals are involved in the lobbies and clubs.

I hear this every single year and a money penalty is given at best.

Straight up putting up some kind of bet that City will not be penalised the way it's being said here. Get real.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12496
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:39 pm

It will be years before this is resolved, all thanks to lawyers for city able to drag this out. Eventual outcome likely to be nothing.

And probably same with PSG beating uefa charges against them. Solution was appoint their president as head if committee overseeing ffs


Last edited by futbol_bill on Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7128
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:41 pm

Why I am saying it is utterly naive to think such a club which represents so much money to the Premier League, is going to face such charges.

The league isn't some bastion of honourable duty it's just as corrupt as any other league. This isn't a bullshit conspiracy akin to "one order ruling the world" which isn't the case it's just how big lobbies work with their own incentives for power and money. Basic world ergonomics.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12496
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:37 pm

zzzzZZzz? Yea, like everything else, too big to fail n will be happy to pay a fee (essentially more bribes in disguise anyway lol) which to them means nothing even if found guilty Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 9268
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Firenze Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:50 pm

It's already YEARS in the making. Everton and others with points deductions apparently let the investigators in. City's approach was to wall them off, not comply and try to bury it under tons of lawyers. I've been reading plenty the last few days and outside of the most insane corruption the game has seen in England they are completely fucked.

They had their representatives meeting with members of the government last year trying to squash shit.

There's a reason it's been secretive by the football authorities, because this is a ridiculously deep case unlike Everton etc breaching the rules.

with 115 charges and an actual effort to cover it all up, you really think a slap on the wrist and a minor pts deduction will cover it if even a few stick? they've already set a precedent with Everton etc failing 1 charge lol. They have to be relegated, probably to non league football tbh. Stripped too. Watch their 'fans' vanish then.

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34277
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:50 pm

Firenze... it's not to the benefit of the league.  Everton is a non-factor so they could do that.  But here, it's not match-fixing or bribing officials (which is not a big deal in La Liga apparently).  It's about finding ways to invest more outside the rules. It's not like they even racked up debt or tricked investors.

Result?  A big fine.

Heck, Barca bribed refs and look what happened, which is 100000000000x worse.  Nothing.  The reason is that the Barca brand is too important. City is the same.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 21570
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Firenze Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:54 pm

City's Brand is manufactured. The PL was thriving before them and will be fine without them.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34277
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:56 pm

Firenze wrote:City's Brand is manufactured. The PL was thriving before them and will be fine without them.
Manufactured or not, it is one of the biggest brands in the sport now.  It adds enormous value to the EPL because of the media deals.  They will get a huge fine and that's it. Maybe get barred from a mercato or two.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 21570
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:26 pm

Man U fans sick of Man C DOMINATING their ass forever now, n are desperate, dreaming of these unrealistic scenarios trying to relieve the pain >Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 9268
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:28 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Heck, Barca bribed refs and look what happened, which is 100000000000x worse.  Nothing.  The reason is that the Barca brand is too important. City is the same.

lol this was never confirmed
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 23018
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:28 pm

Kalvin Phillips being moved on already Razz Man C buying anyone they want from rivals just to sit warm the bench... does feel its a bit too much tbh...


Last edited by BarcaLearning on Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 9268
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:29 pm

Sport, u need to be a good fan that u r n respond to the Real v Almeria ref decisions Razz Or its true u no longer support Real?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 9268
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Vibe Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:51 pm

Let's face it, the world was a better place when United was the face of EPL rather than City.

Just a completely artificial club. Most successful clubs are artificial to some degree due to business being central in sport nowadays, but City is all the way on the artificial side of the spectrum.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 10274
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:32 pm

^^you mean Refchester United? Absolutely the fuck not... much better with City being at the top
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 23018
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:28 pm

Im salty as shit. I ended paying for half a shitty filet mignon because brighton dont know how to put the ball in the back of the net.

Wolves is mid. Brighton is overrated. De zerbi is a meme.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2469
Join date : 2011-06-05

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Glory Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:33 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Man U fans sick of Man C DOMINATING their ass forever now, n are desperate, dreaming of these unrealistic scenarios trying to relieve the pain >Very Happy


If City is indeed fked off from the PL into the lower leagues, highly unlikely but still if it happens, which United fan in their right mind in this day and age would think we could somehow exchange spots with them?  Laughing  Like seriously dude. All we strive for these days is to somehow make our goal difference in the league positive, let alone some faraway fantasy like challenging for the title. And if they indeed get taken out, who is to benefit; Liverpool and Arsenal. Feck no. I would rather see City win the title 20 more times than see those cnuts who are chasing them bar Tottenham perhaps.

So this 'desperation' as you say, its not even about being salty over their success or having them as the face of the Premier league or anything. Its the simple fact if nothing (meaningful) is done to stop it even after breaking the rules 115 fucking times, they will simply keep on doing it and lets face it no one no one knows to cheat and cook books like them in football. Not even your Barca lol. Them and them like clubs like Newcastle will continue spitting on the rules and will completely kill the game.
So as I said this desperation is to stop the impending menace and I am surprised when people, even premier league fans of other clubs are taking this lightly.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 6322
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Glory Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Firenze wrote:City's Brand is manufactured. The PL was thriving before them and will be fine without them.
Manufactured or not, it is one of the biggest brands in the sport now.  It adds enormous value to the EPL because of the media deals.  They will get a huge fine and that's it.  Maybe get barred from a mercato or two.


What value does a brand with no followers of fans add to the league? Last time I checked their stadium was still called emptyhad.


Last edited by Glory on Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 6322
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum