Jack Daniels
El Gunner
Pedram
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Discord Feedback Thread Empty Discord Feedback Thread

Post by Pedram Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:27 pm

Each day that passes the activity in GL goes down even more and the place is practically a ghost town. I think by now everyone fully understands we are not getting any new members. it's 2023 and the days of internet forums are long over. whatever we like it or not, everyone and their dogs have moved to Discord or Reddit.

As an old member i consider this place my internet home, i'd rather we keep this place alive in anyway we can, and i believe @McLewis solution to create a Discord server sounds good, keep in mind that opening a server doesn't mean this place will be abandoned, it will just act as a substitute for people who are more comfortable with the new modern forum format.

Share your thoughts
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Discord Feedback Thread Empty Re: Discord Feedback Thread

Post by El Gunner Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:22 pm

as i've said before, i'm down for a discord running parallel with the forum
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:01 am

The discussion is still on.

Apologies for the long wait considering much of us are fairly busy and the fact that this decision is very difficult as based on the previous feedback we got from the past poll.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:44 pm

Yeah JD nailed it.

The Discord idea isn't completely off the table. Following the feedback we got from that original thread, we began discussing it internally and kinda landed on not rushing it given the overall interest was low. If that changes, this will become something we move quicker on.

Keep in mind, a Discord is just 1 idea for increasing activity and keeping up with the times. I'm sure there are other pathways that might pique more interest (Twitch/Youtube channels, Podcasts, etc.).
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:30 pm

We're still pretty active I think, there's just no football now. It's always quiet in the summer.

Also what can you expect, the core of this forum are now people with jobs and families. When I was a 20 year old on here I remember nights where I didn't go out with friends so I can hang on GL if there was a game or something. Or just troll some Milan and Juve fans.

GL Proud

I was never much of an internet person and this is the only forum I've been on. I have golden memories of this place and I would hate it to not be around or become something else.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:00 pm

Twitter also has a community section now, so too WhatsApp (but i guess WhatsApp is more personal friends, business and family for most of us)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:19 pm

hmm, I don't really like where Twitter is right now as an app, but the Communities feature is an interesting one.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:31 am

Honestly i still liked the idea of it, i'm in discord all the the time and think it's pretty great and thus i'd probably be around a lot more if the move happened.

But i got the impression most people here don't want it, also twitter's community feature is nowhere near as robust as discord is so idk why anyone would be against Discord and pro moving to that.

Plus like Mclewis said the app sucks now lmao, i use it still because i have friends there but if they moved i'd move too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:50 am

most people here are unfamiliar with discord, that's the only reason i brought up twitter, clown

i also truly hope you don't post in our community regardless of where we are, your input and posting style has largely always been bottom of the barrel
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:23 am

Why so hostile to Mole, man is synonymous to GL.

Even though he stopped replying to me in 2016, we good Laughing

Last edited by Vibe on Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:29 am

El Gunner wrote:most people here are unfamiliar with discord, that's the only reason i brought up twitter, clown

i also truly hope you don't post in our community regardless of where we are, your input and posting style has largely always been bottom of the barrel

First of: If you guys were to move to discord i'd be more than happy to help with any questions you have. Being unfamiliar with something isn't a reason to not do something, otherwise you'd never do anything.

Secondly i'm not sure what i said that caused this reaction and to attack me personally? but whatever i've mostly moved on and if that's how you truly feel, i'll leave it here because i don't need to be around people who throw abuse for no reason.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:30 am

Vibe wrote:Why so hostile to Mole, man is synonimus to GL.

Even though he stopped replying to me in 2016, we good Laughing

Did i? i apologize honestly, i haven't been posting here at all consistently for a long time.

Miss you Vibe. :wub:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:19 pm

now you act like you don't know what you did/do Laughing

dude your posts constantly come off as demeaning and talking down on others input and opinions, it's in the way you phrase your words... that has mostly always been the case with you and Freeza

GL has been so much purer since you two don't post regularly anymore
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:33 pm

I think this place should stay as a forum. I personally hope it stays as a forum and does not turn into a Discord server.

I do like someDiscord servers and think they're great if you want to talk live to people, post images, or just do small talk. But for more long-form stuff, I prefer to be able to think about my responses. With Discord, the chat moves quickly in servers so I don't have time to think about a long response to to the latest message. Forums are better if you want 'long-form' conversations that aren't so time-dependant.
I personally have never been able to get into Discord servers. I prefer forums.

Also, it doesn't matter that this forum gets less activity than it used to. It still gets a lot of posts, threads, and activity. A lot of people like the forum the way it is and still seem to enjoy it. So it'd make sense for it to stay as a forum.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:18 pm

who are you Davis hmm new or old member with new account?
thanks for the contribution, stick around
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:15 pm

The traditional forum beats any other medium by far. However, Discord would be good for live chatting during games since RG doesnt open the chat anymore

There are forums that have discords running concurrently as a complementary component so to speak and I dont think it hinders activity on the forum itself. It only enhances the experience within the community (like Facebook and Messenger)
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:37 pm

Davis wrote:I think this place should stay as a forum. I personally hope it stays as a forum and does not turn into a Discord server.

I do like someDiscord servers and think they're great if you want to talk live to people, post images, or just do small talk. But for more long-form stuff, I prefer to be able to think about my responses. With Discord, the chat moves quickly in servers so I don't have time to think about a long response to to the latest message. Forums are better if you want 'long-form' conversations that aren't so time-dependant.

Also, it doesn't matter that this forum gets less activity than it used to. It still gets a lot of posts, threads, and activity. A lot of people like the forum the way it is and still seem to enjoy it. So it'd make sense for it to stay as a forum.

Thanks for your feedback, Davis and welcome to the forum.

I prefer the long form post myself over more succinct posting we see on social media so I agree with you there.

Myesyats wrote:The traditional forum beats any other medium by far. However, Discord would be good for live chatting during games since RG doesnt open the chat anymore

There are forums that have discords running concurrently as a complementary component so to speak and I dont think it hinders activity on the forum itself. It only enhances the experience within the community (like Facebook and Messenger)

Yes, this is for sure something that is being considered. Some of the best moments I've witnessed on this forum came from our matchday chat sessions. I believe Discord has the ability to allow us to recreate those moments and even elevate them.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:36 am

McLewis wrote:
Davis wrote:I think this place should stay as a forum. I personally hope it stays as a forum and does not turn into a Discord server.

Thanks for your feedback, Davis and welcome to the forum.

I prefer the long form post myself over more succinct posting we see on social media so I agree with you

Thanks for the welcome! Smile Glad you agree with my post. I've enjoyed posting on this forum. It's got lots of great threads to post in. And lots of cool people to post with.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:22 am

So given the announcement I just posted regarding the Discord server, I'm going to re-purpose this thread as the feedback thread before, during and after we launch the server.

The server itself will have its own feedback section as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:05 am

Well, I'm glad the forum is still staying, since I prefer forums to Discord severs. I don't thrive in Discord's "instant messaging" environment. I prefer writing long posts on forums.
Ben
Ben
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:48 pm

Ben wrote:Well, I'm glad the forum is still staying, since I prefer forums to Discord severs. I don't thrive in Discord's "instant messaging" environment. I prefer writing long posts on forums.

Absolutely. I'm naturally inclined to long-form communication because I'm wordy.

I do find that instant messaging really does strengthen one's ability to say more with less words. Brevity is a very underrated skill to have.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:34 pm

Discord is more like Reddit or more like Whatsapp ? The latter is at worst an added feature to the community like the Champions League chat was. While Reddit is just a huge forum if anything, would be pointless for GL to use such kind of app.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:44 pm

Yeah the Reddit idea is dead in the water right now. We're focused only on this forum and the Discord currently.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:12 pm

There server is now live:

You can access it here - Goal Legacy Discord Server
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:48 pm

tahh it takes forever to load on my firefox browser on PC, app looks smoother though
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next