Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Jude Bellingham discussion Empty Re: Jude Bellingham discussion

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:21 pm

question for the panel, or for those who have watched him a lot at dortmund. what's his best position, what are his biggest attributes and what potentially can he bring to our team? Thanks
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:06 pm

He’s a lot like Modric
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:07 am

titosantill wrote:question for the panel, or for those who have watched him a lot at dortmund. what's his best position, what are his biggest attributes and what potentially can he bring to our team? Thanks
Haven't watched full matches but from highlights and analysis videos I've seen I can say that he indeed seems to have what it takes to possibly succeed the type of profile that Modric brought to the team, and that's saying something.

He's the type of player that I wished that Reinier Jesus would become when we first signed the Brazilian, only Bellingham is still more complete than anything I imagined for Reinier.

Seems like a tall, athletic, intense, dynamic, agile, and nimble beast of a player physically with enough turning ability, dribbling, and technique to be able to be described as someone who is press resistant and effective when under pressure and in tight spaces. He also seems to have an interesting passing and shooting ceiling that still has to be cultivated more.

As he keeps growing more (particularly in his game control and deep lying playmaking abilities) I think we will be able to say that he could probably play as the more attacking, box to box half of a double pivot, as an all action Modric type of attacking centre midfielder in a three man midfield, as a CAM in a 4231 sort of deal, or who knows what kind of right or left midfielder experiments akin to that seen with Valverde could also be possible.

I keep hearing people say that despite his multifacetedness he should not be limited and instead be put in more attacking zones, roles, and situations, but we're going to have to cultivate his passing, vision, and defensive contributions in deeper parts of the pitch in order to really actually hit the Modric type of profile completely.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:37 am

does he score a lot or just a recycle possession type of midfielder? is he a threat from set-pieces/direct freekicks?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:42 pm

The way I see it, the starters will be Camavinga, Tchouameni and Bellingham. Valverde is the loser on this, unless Carlo plays a 4 men mid. But having said that having Valverde and Ceballos as backups is not too shabby at all. Plus having Kroos and Modric for one final year, providing Carlo uses them sparingly, helps with the transition. These 7 men make for calling our midfield as a huge strength. And no-one is playing out of position, as Camavinga has demonstrated he can play the DM role when needed.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:06 pm

futbol_bill wrote:The way I see it, the starters will be Camavinga, Tchouameni and Bellingham. Valverde is the loser on this, unless Carlo plays a 4 men mid. But having said that having Valverde and Ceballos as backups is not too shabby at all. Plus having Kroos and Modric for one final year, providing Carlo uses them sparingly, helps with the transition. These 7 men make for calling our midfield as a huge strength. And no-one is playing out of position, as Camavinga has demonstrated he can play the DM role when needed.

Valverde can play RW though, we're a bit short on options on that part of the pitch so Valverde's playtime won't suffer much imo.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:38 pm

futbol_bill wrote:The way I see it, the starters will be Camavinga, Tchouameni and Bellingham. Valverde is the loser on this, unless Carlo plays a 4 men mid. But having said that having Valverde and Ceballos as backups is not too shabby at all. Plus having Kroos and Modric for one final year, providing Carlo uses them sparingly, helps with the transition. These 7 men make for calling our midfield as a huge strength. And no-one is playing out of position, as Camavinga has demonstrated he can play the DM role when needed.
I'll belive Carlo benching kroos and modric when I see it lol

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:40 pm

Pedram wrote:

Valverde can play RW though, we're a bit short on options on that part of the pitch so Valverde's playtime won't suffer much imo.
rodrygo seems to have that spot right now, plus with Brahim back, idk. Seems like Carlo didn't like tchoumeni that much so maybe he'll be left out instead. Not sure

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:38 pm

Clutch wrote:
I'll belive Carlo benching kroos and modric when I see it lol

I agree, that is a big concern. On the other hand, if he plays them like Barca did with Iniesta at the end, it can make for a smooth transition, in that they can play a mentoring role helping with the transition.

On a separate note, Carlo did not dislike Tchouameni. He was constantly talking to him, trying to help his confidence, adjustment. It takes most players a year to adjust! If he does want to hold him back, just hope he puts Cama in that role not Kroos!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:35 pm

titosantill wrote:question for the panel, or for those who have watched him a lot at dortmund. what's his best position, what are his biggest attributes and what potentially can he bring to our team? Thanks

I have watched most of his matches for Dortmund since he made his debut for them at 17, and he's played in all midfield positions at different times since his debut. He primarily plays as a central midfielder, but has also played both on the right and the left, as well as defensive midfield and attacking midfield. He seems to transition so smoothly into different positions, that you wouldn't know that he doesn't normally play there. He's incredibly versatile.

The first thing I noticed about him was how mature he was on the ball. His decision-making was top notch, even at 17. I wouldn't describe him as a fast player, but he's not slow either. Right footed, but really proficient with his left foot, nimble and very good at operating in tight spaces despite being somewhere around 6ft-6ft1.

Personally, I get the impression that a lot of people seem to overrate his technical ability on the ball. He's quite good at it, and I'm sure you'll find some clips of him showcasing his skill and trickery on Youtube, but I don't think it's a consistently outstanding part of his game. He may showcase flair and ability on occasion, but most of the time he'll opt for much more safe alternatives than someone like, Neymar would Laughing That said, he is a very direct player compared to Kroos, for instance.

His greatest strengths are his ability to spot team mates in good positions and play them through on goal, general decision-making and a really high work rate, both defensively and offensively. Like Bernardo Silva, I think players like him would benefit any team, because even if they're out of form or things aren't going their way, you can never accuse them of slacking off or not pulling their own weight. He's a very consistent player, and barring any struggles with settling down in Madrid or in this team, I expect great things from him. I don't remember the last time I was this impressed by a youngster not named Mbappe or Haaland, let alone an English player.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:07 pm

It’s funny seeing him pretend Zidane is his idol when he’s been a Barca fan since a young age Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:57 pm

My favourite player growing up did not play for Madrid so it's quite understandable though at 19 years, I don't think he actually saw Zidane outside of YT vids.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:18 pm

He's definitely one of the best English midfielders in the world right now. He has great decision-making when on the ball, technical ability, pace, dribbling, creates lots of chances. And since he is only 19, his transfer value could easily increase to much more than the 116 million Madrid payed for him.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:40 pm

Anyone else worried about his knee injuries?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZGJ4XpkUa/

Look at this video. Jude isn’t going all the way down when doing swuats training. Probably related to his knee injury!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:32 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66287068

It sounds like he's had a great start to his Real Madrid career. And at 19, he still has so much potential. Bellingham has a great attitude, ability, and skills. Hopefully he can help the England Men's team bring football home one day.
Ben
Ben
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:05 pm

The great start continues. It's mindblowing that he only just turned 20.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:13 am

He's been awesome.  But it will be very interesting to see how he adapts to playing CM again once we sign a 9.   The current setup is obviously just a stop gap until we get a 9.

I also feel that nobody plays a 442 anymore with a 10 like Bellingham.  Once teams get some film on how Bellingham attacks, the goals will dry out naturally.   Right now, they're not sure where he's coming from.

Still, i think he can be a 15 goals per season guy IF he's allowed to play forward like this... which he will force an adjustment to typical 433 as you see today.  Namely, the fullbacks can't push forward to balance things out.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:14 am

I don’t agree. Carlo put this formation together to 1) take advantage of Bellingham’s skill in getting forward and 2) in anticipation of Mbappe coming and refusing to play the 9 role. It will take a full year to adapt to this formation, particularly the fullbacks and Vinicius. That’s also the reasoning on Davies being pursued and probably whoever they get for RB. Now Carlo’s not being here next season may change the concept, but it does and will work. Carlo deserves huge credit for this.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's been awesome.  But it will be very interesting to see how he adapts to playing CM again once we sign a 9.   The current setup is obviously just a stop gap until we get a 9.

I also feel that nobody plays a 442 anymore with a 10 like Bellingham.  Once teams get some film on how Bellingham attacks, the goals will dry out naturally.   Right now, they're not sure where he's coming from.

Still, i think he can be a 15 goals per season guy IF he's allowed to play forward like this... which he will force an adjustment to typical 433 as you see today.  Namely, the fullbacks can't push forward to balance things out.

That's exactly what I was thinking while watching last night.

Bellingham is thriving in that role so nicely, but what will happen once a striker is signed or perhaps the new coach next year. Shame to disrupt such marvelous development.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:49 pm

Once a striker is signed he will slot right in next to Vini. We are likely going to play the same formation for the foreseeable future, no matter who we sign. We have far too many talented midfielders to play a different formation. This formation no doubt suits Jude best but the rest have shown their abilities to adapt
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:09 pm

Valverde - Tchouameni
Kubo - Bellingham - Vinicius
CF

we cook