zigra
Myesyats
Perucho21
The Demon of Carthage
farfan
47 posters

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours 2022/23 - Page 20 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 2022/23

Post by Firenze Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:26 pm

De Gea era is over. Onana deal basically done. @Robespierre stay safe man seems like a big rebuilding period for you? having to sell a bunch of players. Onana seems good though I'm happy to sign him

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours 2022/23 - Page 20 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 2022/23

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:35 pm

Firenze wrote:De Gea era is over. Onana deal basically done. @Robespierre stay safe man seems like a big rebuilding period for you? having to sell a bunch of players. Onana seems good though I'm happy to sign him

Onana is massive ffs. Might have to watch Utd next season, not sure if ready for Tenhogball. We need to get some more signings in though, glory glory

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:50 pm

we're apparently financially restricted even if the takeover happens during the summer

I'm not expecting another signing except for a CF but I really have no idea who that will be, I think its expected to be Rasmus Højlund who I honestly know very little about, he doesn't look like a sure thing either. We can't afford Osimhen or Kane rn. Need to sell. An elite CF is key so I really don't think we will improve much from this season just gone. Sucks to miss out on Kim too, but we're pretty good at CB though Varane needs to be rotated due to his injuries and stuff.

Also not convinced at all by Mason Mount lol.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:28 pm

Firenze wrote:we're apparently financially restricted even if the takeover happens during the summer

I'm not expecting another signing except for a CF but I really have no idea who that will be, I think its expected to be Rasmus Højlund who I honestly know very little about, he doesn't look like a sure thing either. We can't afford Osimhen or Kane rn. Need to sell. An elite CF is key so I really don't think we will improve much from this season just gone. Sucks to miss out on Kim too, but we're pretty good at CB though Varane needs to be rotated due to his injuries and stuff.

Also not convinced at all by Mason Mount lol.

I anticipate Mount to do very well, as long as you categorize him as a midfielder not an attacker. He is a safe signing imo.

Is he going to reach KDB status? No, but will be potentially a very good player for a long time.

Havertz? I feel like there is more to him, but again he could be a player that fail to reach his potential. Risky signing, he is not a 9, I don’t know what Arteta has plan for him.

What is Klopp plan signing Alexis Mac Clister and dominik szoboszlai, seem like they could use a B2B rather than another AM.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:56 am

Blue wrote:
What is Klopp plan signing Alexis Mac Clister and dominik szoboszlai, seem like they could use a B2B rather than another AM.

At the end of last season Liverpool changed their tactics. Klopp finally abandoned his 4-3-3 formation on the ball. We no longer have the personnel to cover that type of system he won PL/CL with.

Klopp shifted to the Guardiola route of 3-2-2-3 box midfield with a defender essentially acting as the extra DM (Stones/Trent).

Diaz --  Darwin/Gakpo  -- Salah
   Mac Allister  -  Szoboszlai
     Fabinho  --   Trent
Robertson - Van Dijk - Konate
               Alisson

That gives more stability with 5 behind the ball and 5 ahead. Previously with the 4-3-3 Liverpool would only have have 3 men behind the ball (Virgil/CB and Fabinho), With Virgil in his prime you can do that. But he's regressed a lot (especially his pace and mobility). Fabinho as well just cannot cover the lone DM slot by himself. At 29 he moves like a geriatric. The only reason Liverpool didn't concede 60 goals was Alisson being incredible. The dude saves 1v1s at a level never before seen. All time best 1v1 GK ever and it's not arguable.

Trent especially found himself new confidence in his new role. His skill level is absolutely out of this world. Truly a generational chance creator. He played an inverted RB stepping up next to Fabinho which essentially turned them two in a double pivot. Robertson on the other side also stepped further back essentially playing as a LCB instead of the bombing LB of yesteryears.

This meant the 2 box to box 8s Liverpool used to have now found themselves essentially having to be attackers and creators in between the lines. Henderson at RCM especially was a deer in headlights in this new role. He was playing in the same positions one would find Messi lol. The guy is not cut out for this formation. The new AM signings of Mac Allister (LCM) and Szoboszlai (RCM) are essentially to bring in actual technical players creative players that can even chip in with goals from midfield. Fortunately both MacAllister and Szoboszlai still statistically rank among harder working attacking midfielders in the last few seasons.

Look for Trent in the POTY discussion next season. He's chance creativity jumped in a different dimension in his new role. He's the only active player currently with the skill set and vision to rival DeBruyne's creativity from midfield. He bagged 7 of his 10 assists for the season in the last 10 games in the new tactical set up.

Liverpool still need a DM and a LCB as both Fabinho and Robertson looked awkward still in the system. Fabinho while looked better in the double pivot then single DM he's just completely washed and shadow of the player he was up until 2022. He can't move the same as he used to. He will be a problem needs undressing still. A ball winner is needed next to Trent. Robertson just looked extremely awkward at LCB. It's not a position he knows how to play. He's also been slowly regressing at LB every season and we're at a point where improving on him is imperative.

If they can address these 2 issues I see Klopp's rebuild job going extremely well. The sample size with the new system is only 10 games or so but there were may positives.

The Liverpool forward line is still elite. Need a true jump from Luis Diaz and Darwin Nunez next season though.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:23 am

I think Klopp's plan is to make it difficult for forum posters to make a symmetrical formation, there is no other explanation for these transfers.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:54 am

Watching France vs Ukraine because of Mudriyk, what a baller. But the other play I want at Chelsea is Rayan Cherki uncanny resemblance to Hazard. Not as explosive as Hazard, but seems to have better creativity through his passing ability.

Enzo Le Fee looks like a baller too, surprised no big team is going for him. Complete player.

Looks like Lyon are the front runner for Pulisic. Milan would have been a good landing spot, but they chose to be extremely cheap.

Ziyech deal to Saudi Arabia has collapsed due to medical, media made it sound like there is something suspicious with Chelsea and sending players to SA. But in the end it just proves they were acting on their best interest and we were getting 8m lol.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:59 am

I didn't realize Mudryk is so young.

Trubin is also rumored to replace Onana. Shame, Onana had some swagg with the ball at his feet. Is swagger still a word? Or is it rizz or something now Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:21 pm

I think Kane should move to Real Madrid. He deserves to win a club trophy sometime soon, He's given it his all for Spurs and tried his best to win a trophy there, but it seems like Spurs are no closer to winning a trophy next season than they were a few years ago. And if he moves to Real Madrid, he'll have great midfield support from Bellingham and Modric.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:43 pm

Best young CF itw in my book. Great movements in the market so far

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:59 pm

Arda Guler off to RM. Have Barca ever beaten us to a player since Neymar?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:46 pm

Turkish players have always been flops tbh

I dont think we compete for players often since both teams look for different profiles, congrats on your 14th midfielder anyway

I want players who have no second thoughts about playing for Barca and not mercenaries

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:32 am

Myesyats wrote:Turkish players have always been flops tbh

I dont think we compete for players often since both teams look for different profiles, congrats on your 14th midfielder anyway

I want players who have no second thoughts about playing for Barca and not mercenaries
isn't he a RW hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:48 am

think he mostly played in midfield so far

Strikes me as a Ozil type, not exactly a typical winger

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:39 pm

Myesyats wrote:think he mostly played in midfield so far

Looked him up. He has only played RW. Very rarely AM.

Win win for us. If he is only half the player Ozil was he'll be great. Just hope his stamina is better than Ozils
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:02 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Arda Guler off to RM. Have Barca ever beaten us to a player since Neymar?

I did not expect that. I've never watched him play, but I have a Turkish colleague who's a admittedly an incredibly biased Fenerbache and Turkey fan, and he's been praising this kid endlessly. Only 18 years old, but supposedly possesses the most talent that he's ever seen in a young player. Whether or not he delivers on his potential and relatively modest hype outside of Turkey remains to be seen, of course, but I'm happy that we've acquired him, nonetheless.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:27 pm

I'll never rate someone based on Youtube highlight reels, but I can see what the hype is about. Quite impressive to have accumulated such a lengthy one at the tender age of 18 Laughing

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:45 pm

Arsenal spending ~200m in the first week of July
WATTBA
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:24 pm

Arda is overrated now that he isn't going to Barca Laughing
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:32 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Myesyats wrote:think he mostly played in midfield so far

Looked him up. He has only played RW. Very rarely AM.

Win win for us. If he is only half the player Ozil was he'll be great. Just hope his stamina is better than Ozils

Definitely a good signing overall, the talent is there but Turkish league is deceiving. For that price it's a no-brainer, very little risk

Can see him going the Odegaard route though, at worst you'll sell him for a decent profit

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:58 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Arda is overrated now that he isn't going to Barca Laughing

Nobody said he's overrated, the fact that he's a great talent desired by many clubs remains unchanged.

If you expect him to be the next Messi then yes he is overrated. If you expect him to be 1/2 as good as Ozil then maybe he's underrated or rated exactly right. Who knows what his ceiling is? Hard to tell from comments under YT comps.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:05 pm

bullet dodged, he's perfect for RM

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:30 pm

Cool. I'll make sure to check out Barca Universal the next time I need unbiased, inside information from Turkey hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:39 pm

I guess the truth is that he wanted to leave now and Barca wanted him to stay on loan for another year at Fenerbahce. Barca cant and didnt want to enter in a bidding war because he wasn't a priority

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:29 pm

Myesyats wrote:

bullet dodged, he's perfect for RM
We'll pay 20 ME with 10 ME in add ons. If we'd paid his release clause we'd have had to have paid it at once whereas we can spread this over multiple seasons. Win win
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:31 pm

Myesyats wrote:I guess the truth is that he wanted to leave now and Barca wanted him to stay on loan for another year at Fenerbahce. Barca cant and didnt want to enter in a bidding war because he wasn't a priority
Barca are more in need of him than us if we are completely honest but Calafats pull >> Decos pull
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next