Myesyats
McLewis
elitedam
El Gunner
Robespierre
10 posters

Go down

Choose your favorite

Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_lcap0%Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_lcap11%Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_lcap0%Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_lcap22%Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_lcap33%Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_lcap11%Your favorite animated sitcom? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Your favorite animated sitcom? Empty Your favorite animated sitcom?

Post by Robespierre Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:52 pm

What's your preference?

Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BNDRkOWIyOTUtMjg5YS00OTJjLTgwNGYtMjgxMTA0NWQ2NGI3L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BMTg3NTMwMzY2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDcxMjQ0NDE@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BMjdkMDNkYjMtNTU0YS00YzVjLTk1NmItYWVjOWNmMWFhMTRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4NjcxOTc@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BYWQwMDNkM2MtODU4OS00OTY3LTgwOTItNjE2Yzc0MzRkMDllXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BMzlkYzk0YzItM2I0ZC00NmE5LTljMGYtNTY2ZTVhMzA5OWJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BODEwZjEzMjAtNjQxMy00Yjc4LWFlMDAtYjhjZTAxNDU3OTg3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTM2NTM4MjA@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BNzA2ZDk2ZTUtMWU2Yi00NDVmLTk1ODEtMmFmMjQyNWYzODI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BZjRjOTFkOTktZWUzMi00YzMyLThkMmYtMjEwNmQyNzliYTNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQ1ODk3MTQ@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BYjFkMTlkYWUtZWFhNy00M2FmLThiOTYtYTRiYjVlZWYxNmJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BOGE2YWUzMDItNTg2Ny00NTUzLTlmZGYtNWMyNzVjMjQ3MThkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Your favorite animated sitcom? Spongo
Your favorite animated sitcom? Clevbyhy
Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BZmYxZjE2MDYtYTQ2OC00NmUwLTkzNDEtNjFkZmEyM2E5ODBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Your favorite animated sitcom? MV5BYmIwY2I1ZGEtYzI3Mi00OTYwLWJkZjktNDQxMDlhMzM3MmU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc0MzMzNjA@._V1_SX100_CR0,0,100,100_
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Your favorite animated sitcom? Empty Re: Your favorite animated sitcom?

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:55 pm

voted for Archer

but Simpsons is great too

used to love South Park back in the day, but not into it as much anymore
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:59 pm

I've voted Futurama, personally a great fan of this series and for me the best Groening series ( unpopular opinion I think)

Ah, I've forgotten the option " Other" on poll (which mod I'll have to disturb for PM now ? Your favorite animated sitcom? 1f626 , probably all ) I ask to a mod to add it , I think to have inserted the most popular series but you never know
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:13 am

I would add Aqua Teen Hunger Force and The Boondocks to the list.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:10 pm

I don't think I've ever laughed as much as I have with Rick and Morty so that has to be my pick.

Would also add Big Mouth as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:50 pm

McLewis wrote:I don't think I've ever laughed as much as I have with Rick and Morty so that has to be my pick.

Would also add Big Mouth as well.

I'd do it but I can't add options on poll as poster Very Happy

So you might add Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Boondocks, Bigh Mouth and the generic " Other" on poll , thanks Very Happy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:45 am

Rick and Morty
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:59 am

There is no real two ways about it, Spongebob seasons 1-3 for me are cemented as the greatest kids cartoon of all time. Seasons 1-3 are probably for me the best cartoon more generally of all time.

I can't think of a single show that had such broad appeal across children + adults as Spongebob seasons 1-3, and its staying power in culture (meme culture especially) is a testament to that. To me, the only real challenger is the Simpsons, which has been a cultural force for an incredibly long time.

Everything after season 3 is pretty forgettable, but I rate Spongebob as one of the great shows of all time. I'm not sure if others are there with me, but I rate it extremely highly.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:59 pm

Couldn't get into Spongebob when I was a kid and I can't get into it even now that I have a kid.

Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, AAAH Real Monsters all >>>>>
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:32 pm

Most influential: Simpsons
Favorite: Futurama
Funniest: Archer
Best: Bojack Horseman (no debate really)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:07 pm

Never understood the appeal for spongebob. Awful characters n show imo. Not even funny. no offence Csponge

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:34 pm

The memes are decent but the show itself is overrated, agree
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:42 pm

yea feel the same as the majority here about SpongeBob... do adults even watch it?

Anyway, what about your fave/best Cartoon Network shows? Doesn't have to be "sitcom" or funny exclusively...

I genuinely think Courage the Cowardly Dog is the GOAT cartoon network show... it displayed a unique style of absurdism and surrealism for its time, and pushed the boundaries so much with its wackiness for a "kids show" and offered a varied range of genres and emotions. The lady who voiced Muriel passed away about a month ago or so, btw.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:12 pm

Spongebob was just exceptionally stupid, that was the appeal of the show. I remember my mom hated it loool she said it was the most annoying show ever but for me it was fun tbh

Anyways the best for me
Your favorite animated sitcom? 2c72e410
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:40 pm

@El G

When i read Courage the cowardly dog i thought i knew what it was... turns out i don't and i mistake it for this shit Laughing

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:02 pm

El Gunner wrote:yea feel the same as the majority here about SpongeBob... do adults even watch it?

Anyway, what about your fave/best Cartoon Network shows? Doesn't have to be "sitcom" or funny exclusively...

I genuinely think Courage the Cowardly Dog is the GOAT cartoon network show... it displayed a unique style of absurdism and surrealism for its time, and pushed the boundaries so much with its wackiness for a "kids show" and offered a varied range of genres and emotions. The lady who voiced Muriel passed away about a month ago or so, btw.

This show was so far ahead of its time. Such a spooky, maccabre aesthetic. It legit scared me at times. I might give this one a binge one of these days.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:49 pm

definitely do! you will even appreciate it more if you haven't watched it in a long time. I watched a couple random episodes myself just before the passing of Thea White, strangely enough.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:11 am

McLewis wrote:Couldn't get into Spongebob when I was a kid and I can't get into it even now that I have a kid.

Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, AAAH Real Monsters all >>>>>

All of these are great. I give a lot of credit to Hey Arnold as one of the more underrated shows of Nick at that time. Which is saying something, because it was a big show for Nickelodeon and still gets a lot of praise today. But it's really THAT good. To me, it's second only to SpongeBob at a time when Nickelodeon was packed with amazing content.

Disappointed to see others here aren't as high on SpongeBob, but SpongeBob is the only show where I could be in a lab working with a PhD who was probably 20 years my senior, and bond over a show I watched as a 5 year old and her as a 25 year old grad student, both laughing our asses off. It was truly a kids cartoon, a show made for kids (hence its extreme popularity WITH kids) but packed an equal amount of absurdist humor, gags, and adult humor in such that it's appeal in the 20-38 group was similar to that of kids. The show itself plays like a kids (2 separate, 11 min episodes per episode) while having all the cutaways that you might have seen a couple years later in a show like Family Guy (an adult cartoon). The animation was also top notch. I respect the opinions of others here and only feel sad they haven't experienced the show the way I did growing up. Luckily, people of my kind are in large numbers with respect to SpongeBob

As for branding, I don't know any kids show in modern history that has had anything close to the success of SpongeBob. The poll asks "favorite", so everyone will have their own take here, but if we were to measure success....only the Simpsons could put SpongeBob to the test.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:21 am

pls... Simpsons blows Spongebob out of the water, and it's not even close... it has been running consistently since 1989, and still going strong. While Spongebob has been running since 1999 and has lately been relying on Patrick spin-off shows to keep the franchise going

South Park has also been running longer than the sponge
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:29 pm

I've been upfront about the fact that SpongeBob's first 3 seasons are the only ones really worth watching, but in terms of branding, a quick Google shows that despite Simpsons being around longer, the SpongeBob brand is worth more. It's also still a highly successful kids show that is beating out other, newer, shows consistently. SpongeBob isn't going away any time soon, and spin offs are actually a testament to its enduring success, not a criticism. Nick wants more of that cash.

With that being said, I don't find much redeemable about the show after season 3. Hillenburg was the lifeblood of the show and it quickly lost direction without him. It's a pretty typical kids show these days.

Although with all due respect for the Simpsons, it's not like it's been putting out great content since the 2000's either, and even those were a step down from the brilliance they put out in the 90's, esp. early 90's with Conan writing.

Not that success has anything to do with this thread, but you're making it seem like Simpsons has been more successful and SpongeBob is dying out where Simpsons is not. That's not true. SpongeBob is worth more, still has very good viewership, and both shows should probably have been pulled years and years ago based on quality.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:00 pm

i meant cultural impact not net worth, it's easy to sell dolls and bedding to kids (look no further than Spider-Man and it's appeal to kids)... rather im speaking about cultural impact on the grown up world... only people with immature/childish mindsets find SpongeBob and its culture appealing. i don't know about other people, but i still find Simpsons episodes very entertaining and good up to this day.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:34 pm

I mean I would argue that's also debatable. It's not the same type of cultural impact as the Simpsons, but I'm not sure there is a show that has contributed more to meme culture than SpongeBob and it retains a cult following to this day from people who grew up with SpongeBob seasons 1-3. I'd argue that more than any other show, SpongeBob has influenced the comedy of current content creators more than any other.

Anyway, not to knock the Simpsons, which is awesome, and I appreciate it way more now than I did when I was a kid
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:24 pm

Mhmhm

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:48 pm

Rick and Morty, followed by Futurama.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down