VivaStPauli
Young Kaz
Warrior
40 posters

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:39 pm

BC once again I defended Suarez well back here with receipts but too me it makes no sense how he kept on repeating the obvious word in quick verbatim looking into his ideas.

I dont have firm conviction on this but it made no sense to me and its why my mind changed but you would know the context better in that part of SA than I.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:08 pm

It wasn't particularly nice but it is overblown, just like any racist issue nowadays.

It is not in the spirit of sport or human decency. It is also pretty stupid and footballers are generally idiots because they run after a ball their entire life.

I don't know how accurate the translation is, but as far as I know Mbappe's father is Cameroonian and mother Nigerian? Is it aimed at him? So peple want their head because they sang facts?

Punish them and explain to them how fucking stupid they are, but let's not go extreme here.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:19 pm

Only those who have not experienced racism will consider something like this "overblown".

Your generalization on footballers largely applies to male ones, who make enough money to never really have the desire to grow as humans. It's for this exact reason that female footballers are more educated and thus less likely to be racist. So many of them are accountants, doctors, teachers, police officers, bankers, and everything else under the sun. Having to interact with normal everyday people on a daily basis, for a living, has really grounded them in a way elite male footballers simply aren't and haven't been in for decades.

Regardless of where his mother and father come from, Mbappe is French. He knows and accepts it, as does his parents, as does the French government. Conflating ethnicity and ancestry with nationality is as bad faith a take as they come.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:24 pm

You don't think people asking for their heads are overblowing it?

Because that is what I'm talking about.

It is true that I have not experienced racism.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:05 pm

Vibe wrote:You don't think people asking for their heads are overblowing it?

Because that is what I'm talking about.

It is true that I have not experienced racism.

I haven't seen anything about people asking for anyone's heads. I don't even know if that's meant literally or figuratively.

I do have a genuine question though: Given you've never experienced racism, why is your first reaction to downplay it when it occurs?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:41 pm

Because it is intentional.

Unfortunately racism will always be present to an extent because there will always be bad people among us. However, in the last 15 years, our overlords decided to use it as a tool and blow it far out of proportion. I would guarantee with my life that race is a lot less of a problem than the media tell us. They divide us by anything and everything because a united humanity is not in their interest.

Media will do everything to keep racial tension ongoing because they are instructed to do so. As long as we keep taking that bait, we will never live in an age of tolerance and acceptance.

The message that they send to the whites is that they are superior and that blacks threaten their way of life, and the message that they send to the blacks is that they are opressed and hated and that they need to rise and fight for equality. They use isolated incidents to keep that narrative alive even though in general, it doesn't truly exist on a large scale.

So they import the black criminals intentionally from the poorest places in Africa and they put them into the most civilized western societies so that they kill,  rob and rape, while white people who will hate them for that will become increasingly racist.

Rinse, repeat. Racial tension. We are divided, our attention diverted, they do as they please.

People like you who have experienced racism will act emotionally about it, and with good reason.

People who used to have peaceful, decent lives ruined by the influx of criminals from Africa into their communities will push back eventually.

People like me who haven't experienced any of it can probably think objectively about it.

Last edited by Vibe on Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:55 pm

Can I ask if its similar to the Me Too thing? Where men do what they always done (of cos im not talking about the serious n wrong things like assault n harrassment etc...) but nowadays anything small like it was be in the past gets easily magnified 100x?

Not sure if Chelsea would do anything... I do agree Enzo is overrated but see him being there for a long time cos the team is young n developing n he seems a center piece.

For Suarez v Evra, I dunno, both are unlikable characters n the latter overreacted so much anyway Razz

Footballers are maybe low IQ, add to that being young n competitive, but think nowadays they must have a lot more aware of proper behaviours, so at least its good to know someone said to turn it off Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:04 pm

BLM, Me too, all the social movements are fake and ironically only exist to exacerbate the problems that they pretend to solve. They are sponsored financially to keep doing it. They exploit people with real trauma who cry for help, only to create more people like them as a result.

Just ask yourself, did they make anything better? No, the problems became far bigger and their false narratives turn into reality.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:59 pm

I do agree with Vibe tbh, the capitalist class has long tried to change the societal divide from class to race and unfortunately it has succeeded to some extent.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:00 pm

When France won the WC in 2018 they boasted that Africans won France the trophy but now it’s racism for someone else to point it out

Kinda ironic

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:02 pm

Hmmm.... not sure if im just dumb or new to it all or just really outdated? I made a thread about Me Too but no ones answered it Razz I guess no ones interested in it anymore like Covid perhaps? Not sure what exactly u mean Vibe... can someone explain it in simple terms like im a 5yo?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:03 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Hmmm.... not sure if im just dumb. can someone explain it in simple terms like im a 5yo?

Lol, that’s your most accurate post ever!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:20 am

BLM is a literal scam as it is so there's that.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 28 Empty moving to racism thread

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:25 pm

Wow
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:09 pm

Honestly, thats pretty fucking based.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:45 pm

Argentine VP telling the French stfu, and president sacking the guy who said Messi should apologize for all of this (reinstated after an apology). Razz
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:45 pm

Argentina is never beating the Nazi sanctuary allegations aren't they.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:09 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:  

Wow

Damn i thought Javier Milei's victory was a accident, turns out the country is actually fundamentally fucked up.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:13 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Honestly, thats pretty fucking based.

Agreed

People apologize too much nowadays for every snowflake out there

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:22 pm

Calling black French people non-French is ok now?

Alright then Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:28 pm

Some here are walking a fine line between being edgy/offensive and bringing back the whole "pure European Aryan race" discussion back to the 21th century.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:42 pm

Pedram wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:  

Wow

Damn i thought Javier Milei's victory was a accident, turns out the country is actually fundamentally fucked up.

You see things like this and you start understanding why that country has been a basket case for almost a century Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:24 pm

No Im genuinely not familiar with these topics... as Vibe said some of these movements are sponsored financially by who? For what? Never gave a shit about these things so have no idea? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:15 pm

I would love to explain it to you but I don't even know where to begin.

Majority of our population doesn't truly understand how the world works and you seem pretty oblivious to these topics so it is a long road ahead. A lot of them are not intellectualy capable, some just conform and not question anything, some live blissfully ignorant, and some refuse to believe because when you have firm beliefs about things but reality starts showing otherwise, I believe something called cognitive dissonance kicks in and people try to rationalise, and delegitimize whatever is contradicting their long standing beliefs. Some just try to survive in this world and don't have the time to think about all that crap.

Anyway, knowing how the world works certainly won't make you happy. Achieving that level of understanding and being capable of viewing world events or even a single news title and knowing what it really is and how it became that exact title will make you the opposite of happy.

I was very young when I first felt that cognitive dissonance, but I challenged my beliefs and went all the way down the rabbit hole. The bottom of that hole is uglier that you can ever imagine. So even way back then I decided to keep my mind clean of it all in the future... I don't watch the news, I don't read the papers, I avoid politics in a wide circle because the modern design of it all is intrinsically repulsive to me. I don't need it either, because I require a bare minimum of information to know what is going on.

You seem to fall into the best category, the blissfully ignorant. I suggest you stay there and shift your curiosity elsewhere.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:38 pm

See @Vibe, I would agree with you if race wasn't a social construct created by expansionist Europeans to intentionally separate themselves from the perceived "uncivilized" people they came in contact with during the Age of Exploration. They built whole economic and social systems on keeping people who didn't look like them out of positions of power. Even the non-white folks who managed to become economically prosperous found a very clear glass ceiling on their ambitions, particularly the political ones.

This is why race issues must remain separate from economic "class" issues. They are tangentially related, but should not be placed under the same umbrella of division.

Where I will agree with you is that the media, particularly corporate news media (CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc.) have a vested capitalistic interest in keeping us all divided along multiple lines. It's all real simple. They are businesses with shareholders and investors. Their number 1 priority is to keep those folks happy and wealthy. Everything else feeds that priority. Ratings and clicks drive revenue. Revenue drives profit. Profit drives power. Power drives influence.

The remedy? People need to make conscious decisions on what media they consume. They won't though. First-world nations live and die at the whim of the low information voter. Media has done its part in demonizing immigrants as uneducated, barbaric, violent savages. Your post above reinforces that. For every positive story about an immigrant, there are several negative ones that simply drive more clicks.

There was a Bond villain that once said - "There's no news......like bad news".
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:36 pm

Thx guys... I completely understand ur point Vibe, cos for me I think it was Trump elected + Covid it made me start to care n figure out wtf was happening, n
I had to kinda go down some rabbit holes for a bit then I realized basically what u said, the world is fked up, whereas b4 I couldnt give a shit lol... n its true I kinda felt more unhappy about things in general when u realize how fked up it all is lol... but at the same time Im kinda glad im not ignorant anymore (or at least compared to the past, cos I know some ppl will laugh when I write that)... although its also true its often not easy to just conform n be ignorant n happy when u realize...

Anyway, thx for the important advice, I will remind myself to be somewhere in the middle n not be too affected by it all... who knows, cos being a bum n knowing the world is going to shits meaning as life gets inevitably harder wont have time to think that much about it n just focus on surviving Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next