VivaStPauli
Young Kaz
Warrior
40 posters

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:36 pm

Thx guys... I completely understand ur point Vibe, cos for me I think it was Trump elected + Covid it made me start to care n figure out wtf was happening, n
I had to kinda go down some rabbit holes for a bit then I realized basically what u said, the world is fked up, whereas b4 I couldnt give a shit lol... n its true I kinda felt more unhappy about things in general when u realize how fked up it all is lol... but at the same time Im kinda glad im not ignorant anymore (or at least compared to the past, cos I know some ppl will laugh when I write that)... although its also true its often not easy to just conform n be ignorant n happy when u realize...

Anyway, thx for the important advice, I will remind myself to be somewhere in the middle n not be too affected by it all... who knows, cos being a bum n knowing the world is going to shits meaning as life gets inevitably harder wont have time to think that much about it n just focus on surviving Razz

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:49 am

White ppl will make non white ppl feel bad for calling white people out on being racist. It's honestly an impressive commitment at this point

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:13 am

Pedram wrote:Calling black French people non-French is ok now?

Alright then Laughing

They did it to themselves when they boasted that Africans were the reason for France winning the WC in 2018.

Is it only a one-way street? Or only when it suits them ?
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:46 pm

Arquitecto wrote:BLM is a literal scam as it is so there's that.
It was actually good at first before it was co-opted and the real leaders were killed off/went missing tbh

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:15 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Alright then Laughing

They did it to themselves when they boasted that Africans were the reason for France winning the WC in 2018.

I don't think that's the entire context. IIRC, this stems from French media portraying the French players are French when they win, African when they lose. The players (well-intentioned as they were) decided to reverse this criticism and turn it into a positive. I don't necessarily agree with them doing it in that particular way, but I believe that's some really important context that's missing from this and I do believe it's being purposely ignored.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:28 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Alright then Laughing

Holy fuck you guys sure love to twist words to fit your agenda.

They never said they are not French. :facepalm: and frankly there's nothing wrong with being proud of your ancestry. someone's nationality should never hinge upon the color of their skins, even Le Pen doesn't go that far to call all people of African ancestry as non-citizens. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:19 pm

The song doesn't question their citizenship either tbf. It's bad because it implies they're second class citizens recruited from former colonies just to be on the football team, but the song literally says "but in the passport: French."
(It's also factually wrong as almost all were born and raised in France, but the football hooligans who came up with it are not a smart bunch).

Something I find interesting is that the song is far more explicitly homophobic and transphobic than it is racist ("like the *bleep* transfucker Mbappe"), yet that seems to have been lost from the current debate or not worthy as much indignation.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:21 pm

Mbappe living rent FREE in Argentina team's head bc he ran a train on them in the final Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:25 pm

Yeah the transphobia and homophobia portions of this are just as bad as the racism. Both are being less talked about in general because the sport itself is still casually very homophobic and utterly transphobic. Awful honestly.

This is one of the bigger reasons I've found myself watching less of the men's game and more of the women's game. More tolerance, less toxicity.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:33 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Mbappe living rent FREE in Argentina team's head bc he ran a train on them in the final Laughing
It came out in 2022 as a response to Mbappe saying that south american teams are worse than european ones. That comment has had such long lasting implications, don't think anyone saw this coming though
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Mbappe living rent FREE in Argentina team's head bc he ran a train on them in the final Laughing
It came out in 2022 as a response to Mbappe saying that south american teams are worse than european ones. That comment has had such long lasting implications, don't think anyone saw this coming though

Mbappe's words weren't racially motivated though, it was just your usual football banter between nations.

Friendly banter is ok but Argentina is really taking this too far by insulting an entire ethnic group that makes up a significant portion of France's population.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:04 pm

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:43 pm

That tweet really got me curious as to why Argentina took in so many Nazis. Apparently, it was due to the sizable community of German immigrants who were already living in the country at the time of WWII as well as then President Juan Peron's interest in Hitler and Mussolini's ideology, which he learned as Argentine attaché in Italy pre-war. Like the US and Russia, he wanted to use Nazi scientists to give Argentina a scientific and military leg up. Brazil and Chile also took in escaping war criminals.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:30 pm

Pedram wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Mbappe's words weren't racially motivated though, it was just your usual football banter between nations.

Friendly banter is ok but Argentina is really taking this too far by insulting an entire ethnic group that makes up a significant portion of France's population.
I, of course, agree. But it's not unusual for hooligans to take it this far. We have many, many songs that are far worse than this. It's an unfortunate part of our culture that it's so accepted, so it won't really phase most people, especially those brought up in football culture.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jul 20, 2024 3:04 am

When it comes to trying to understand why hooligans are racist, I'm always reminded of a very simple axiom: Racism isn't logical.

It's impossible to rationalize because it's a highly primal and quite visceral state of mind.

Knowing this has helped me save energy when trying to understand the mindset of racists. They exist in an almost continuous state of cognitive dissonance.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29