Myesyats
BarrileteCosmico
McLewis
34 posters

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

The US Politics Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The US Politics Thread

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:36 pm

Myesyats wrote:Its a bad look for Kamala though because Trump agreed to all of the debates and she didnt after mocking him for refusing the ABC debate

I don't think a prosecutor should be afraid of a little cross-examination

Fox News are a cesspool of disinformation and Harris isn't the sharpest speaker. She doesn't have Pete Buttigieg's focus and patience when it comes to dealing with hostile networks. It's the smart move on her end.

Once upon a time, PBS would've been considered the non-partisan org to serve as a sort of neutral ground, but Trump has successfully managed to smear even them as partisan, even when they're not.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:14 am

All media are biased and agenda-driven rather than informative regardless of the political spectrum they represent, one tends to think that some news outlets are better than the other because they represent your views and confirm your preconceived beliefs (and they are, to a minimal degree) but ultimately they have the same mission and agenda, see: Tulsi tweet i posted earlier.

Trump agreed to a CNN interview regardless of how biased it may be against him or if Biden received the questions ahead of time.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:39 pm

It would be very stupid of Kamala to debate. She is not an intelligent woman, it is obvious. Biden was more intelligent. Hillary wasn't intelligent either. Obama, for contrast, was a very intelligent man.

Trump is also far less intelligent than he claims. Above average, but nothing spectacular. He has more practical rather than theoretical smarts.

It is funny because you'd imagine you have to be one hell of a human being to become president of the United States. Turns out it isn't true. You don't have to be intelligent, you don't have to be a good person, you don't have to have a clean record. You don't have to be special in any sense. In fact, you can't be.

Obama would have been a great president if he had the chance to do it before, when presidents had more power. Before him, you'd have to go all the way back to Reagan to find someone impressive.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:40 pm

Tbh i'm more interested in a Walz-Vance debate.

Vance sounds like a terminally online guy with zero real-life charisma, too weird whenever he speaks in public. would love to see Walz rip him a new one.

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:53 pm

Vibe wrote:It would be very stupid of Kamala to debate. She is not an intelligent woman, it is obvious. Biden was more intelligent. Hillary wasn't intelligent either. Obama, for contrast, was a very intelligent man.

Trump is also far less intelligent than he claims. Above average, but nothing spectacular. He has more practical rather than theoretical smarts.

It is funny because you'd imagine you have to be one hell of a human being to become president of the United States. Turns out it isn't true. You don't have to be intelligent, you don't have to be a good person, you don't have to have a clean record. You don't have to be special in any sense. In fact, you can't be.

Obama would have been a great president if he had the chance to do it before, when presidents had more power. Before him, you'd have to go all the way back to Reagan to find someone impressive.

Usually all it takes is being charismatic enough

I find it funny that ducking debates is considered a postitive, If you think Kamala is not fit for a debate then she's not fit to be president. And debates are the essence of democracy. A liberal candidate for president whom i voted for had the same approach in poland and he lost

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:19 pm

Not a must though... Biden certainly wasn't charismatic. Trump was, Obama was, Bush again wasn't. I was very young when Clinton was president, I don't remember there being anything particularly charismatic about him but I could be wrong.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:29 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
Vibe wrote:You are in for a treat, MotoGP has been great in the last decade. Rossi/Marquez/Lorenzo wars were brilliant in particular, and even though it doesn't have that star power nowadays, the racing is close and hard, I watch every race.

There's a lot of races you can watch on MotoGP's youtube channel, and if you want like EVERY race, then you can pay for MotoGP Video pass, I think it has all races since the '90's.

Thx again man Very Happy I search the channel n found 2 full races for example for 2011, the rest were some rewind highlights I think... I know u said need to pay for all the full races, but being the bum I am so must ask again if u know any other place perhaps to find full races Razz Sorry to bug... I tried Google a bit but similar it seems?

I don't know then, try torrents maybe. 1337x is my go to place when I can't find something.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:41 pm

Ok thx Vibe, been watching a bit of what I find already n enjoying it Thumbs up
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:54 pm

What are you talking about Harris ducking the debate? Trump was the one waffling about the agreed debate, and now he shows up saying he'll only debate if they add an additional one at his favorite propaganda network, and Harris is the one ducking the debate?

Also, there is a massive difference between ABC and FOX News. How are we having this discussion in 2024?
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:13 pm

Trump indeed tried to avoid the ABC debate at first but then he proposed three debates each on a separate network

Fox is the most watched news network in the US by the way: https://deadline.com/2023/12/cable-news-ratings-2023-1235682966/

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:59 am

Why is a Pole so biased or even intensely interested in US politics / election?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:04 am

Im just bored in off-season tbh. But why single me out, there is only one American here

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:16 am

Why wouldn't he be? USA has a lot of say as to what happens in the rest of the world, all our lives will be inevitably affected by the outcome of this election unfortunately.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:28 am

futbol_bill wrote:Why is a Pole so biased or even intensely interested in US politics / election?

Europeans loving Trump has never made sense to me tbh, this is the guy who has repeatedly said he doesn't like NATO and will not come to their defense in the event of a Russian attack. not saying Trump would renege on a longstanding military alliance but he's too unpredictable, you never know. Laughing

I guess from a pure self interest point of view, Harris would be a better ally for Europeans.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:47 am

Vibe wrote:Why wouldn't he be? USA has a lot of say as to what happens in the rest of the world, all our lives will be inevitably affected by the outcome of this election unfortunately.

Yep for example withdrawal of funding to Ukraine will have a direct effect on Poland, Spain is a more comfortable position they probably dont care about war in Ukraine at all

Last edited by Myesyats on Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:51 am

Pedram wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Why is a Pole so biased or even intensely interested in US politics / election?

Europeans loving Trump has never made sense to me tbh, this is the guy who has repeatedly said he doesn't like NATO and will not come to their defense in the event of a Russian attack. not saying Trump would renege on a longstanding military alliance but he's too unpredictable, you never know. Laughing

I guess from a pure self interest point of view, Harris would be a better ally for Europeans.

Tbh most of the time I'm just playing devils advocate here lmao. I know Dem admin would probably would be better allies overall, but as i said earlier Trump is bluffing about nato to get allies to pay up more on defense. I worry about his pledge to end the war in Ukraine immediately tho, if that means getting them to surrender and give away Donbas, Lugansk and other occupied regions then that will suck.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:53 am

Myesyats wrote:
Vibe wrote:Why wouldn't he be? USA has a lot of say as to what happens in the rest of the world, all our lives will be inevitably affected by the outcome of this election unfortunately.

Yep for example withdrawal of funding to Ukraine will have a direct effect on Poland

Yea for sure, you can bet your ass Ukraine is thoroughly fucked if Trump wins. he will force them to make massive and humiliating concessions to Putin so that he can claim he was the one who ended the war.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:51 pm

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/15/asia/kim-dotcom-new-zealand-us-extradition-intl/index.html

Not sure where to put this but its US so guess here n just wondering what ppl think about this? Thx...

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:31 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/15/asia/kim-dotcom-new-zealand-us-extradition-intl/index.html

Not sure where to put this but its US so guess here n just wondering what ppl think about this? Thx...

No authority would be able to crack down on all of the websites that have allowed people to upload copyrighted material, and they don't typically try to do so. They only tend to shut down the very largest and most popular sites, which isn't fair, but that's how it goes. It's damage control moreso than justice being served.

Youtube got in trouble at one point in time, because people were uploading full movies and TV shows on the platform. You can still find a few of those on Youtube, but they aren't as available anymore. Also, we have gotten streaming platforms, like Netflix since then, so it doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore.

There were other sites than Youtube who had a ton more free, streamable movies and TV shows back then, and I'm sure they're still easy to find if you google "free movies" Laughing I fully understand that copyright laws need to exist for the sake of protecting the livelihood and work of artists and producers, but like the article states, this sounds more like the US forcing their dictatorial approach to copyright regulations on other countries, rather than protecting anyone. The site has been down for over a decade ffs.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:42 pm

Site has been down for that long n they still wanna go for him, geez... I know its not right but bums like me rely on these lol... thank god theres torrents... otherwise a lot of stuff isnt available anymore...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:48 pm

WW2 was 80 years ago and they are still persecuting 100 year old Auschwitz guards

The US Politics Thread - Page 33 1yTcE7OlChz4qU0ehj

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:24 am

Donald Trump ‘would force Nato members to spend 3% on defence’

The former president is ‘evolving his thinking’ towards a demand for members to increase spending from 2% to 3% of GDP if re-elected, a source says

https://www.thetimes.com/world/us-world/article/donald-trump-would-force-nato-members-to-spend-3-percent-on-defence-lk7wqmf38

This is what poland proposed, this is why Germans and French hate the Don.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:44 am

I thought the dems were controlling the narrative very well, but their campaign seems to be falling apart again?

The introduction of Kamala was done brilliantly and they dug themselves out of a hopeless place into the spotlight and contention and instead of riding that wave, the follow up seems to be very poor.

I just don't understand, Kamala was silent for very long, wtf were they doing in that time? I thought they were crafting a plan to present, instead they came out with some half arsed policies and more negative campaign against Trump.

Maybe they're relying on him getting convicted in September.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:47 pm

What are your sources that Harris' campaign is "falling apart"?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:05 pm

I really don't have any sources, just an impression.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:25 pm

What is the foundation for your impression that Harris' campaign is falling apart?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next