rincon
NeganIsco
iftikhar
M99
danyjr
51 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Manchester United Part V / ETH Sack Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V / ETH Sack Watch

Post by Vibe Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:03 pm

I've read your comment and still don't understand what was so LOL worthy.

Conte is known for his firm demands and rigid relashionships with the management and he tells them to fuck off and quits the moment he doesn't get his way, which to me, sounds like exactly what they need.

Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V / ETH Sack Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V / ETH Sack Watch

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:40 pm

Vibe wrote:I've read your comment and still don't understand what was so LOL worthy.

Conte is known for his firm demands and rigid relashionships with the management and he tells them to fuck off and quits the moment he doesn't get his way, which to me, sounds like exactly what they need.

Several of the previous coaches were highly rated / hyped as well and yet they all failed!

If it helps your comprehension any, you should realize that as the oldest on this forum (I’m 76), I find a lot of what you youngsters post is laughable.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:46 pm

76 :bow:

Bill you legend
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:17 pm

to those that defended ten Hag in our previous discussion... can you just explain to me why they actually are worse than last season??? there's no gameplan, no sense of direction at all, all their points earned this season they lucked their way into them... they are absolutely shit for a team with their spending power and status.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:25 pm

ETH needs to be fucking sacked for the Mount signing alone tbh

how did he think dropping a third of our summer budget on him, when every single fan was complaining about the prospect of signing him for 60M, I will never know...

oh wait, its because he briefly worked with him in the Eredivisie apparently
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:30 pm

I also think that we currently look worse than we have at any point post SAF

ETH's subs and decision making looks absolutely chaotic and nonsensical which makes me think he's just desperate and clueless
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:50 pm

If someone blurred out the manager on TV and asked me what coach is that judging by the style of play I would say Frank de Boer
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:18 pm

Firenze wrote:ETH needs to be fucking sacked for the Mount signing alone tbh

how did he think dropping a third of our summer budget on him, when every single fan was complaining about the prospect of signing him for 60M, I will never know...

This thing about ETH signing a bunch of former players of his in eredivise is a sure sign of a manager out of his depth. He is basically lowering the standard of what United should be, and predictably leading United towards the midtable of the PL.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:30 pm

El Gunner wrote:to those that defended ten Hag in our previous discussion... can you just explain to me why they actually are worse than last season??? there's no gameplan, no sense of direction at all, all their points earned this season they lucked their way into them... they are absolutely shit for a team with their spending power and status.

It seemed like you were referring to me when you were talking about defending him, and I'm not sure why you thought so. I just included him along with every other manager they've had in terms of being praised or blamed for their transfer activity. And that makes no sense to me, considering their approach to the transfer market and team building hasn't changed significantly since after SAF and David Gill left their respective positions at the club. And the same thing applies when the next manager comes in and has to field the same core of players, while only being able to influence transfers from the mid-tier in terms of incoming transfers.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:32 pm

rincon wrote:
Firenze wrote:ETH needs to be fucking sacked for the Mount signing alone tbh

This thing about ETH signing a bunch of former players of his in eredivise is a sure sign of a manager out of his depth. He is basically lowering the standard of what United should be, and predictably leading United towards the midtable of the PL.

With all due respect, you're saying the same thing that their fans have been saying for a decade now, and I genuinely don't think that type of perspective on things does them any good at all lol
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:26 am

I'm not the type to say "I told you so", but if the club's issues related to transfers and team building wasn't apparent enough to people by now - then you can't blame the club for holding the manager accountable for everything, every single time. You probably do the same thing Laughing

Manchester United Part V / ETH Sack Watch - Page 14 Skjer106
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:24 pm

another 3-0 loss at home, this time to a weak Newcastle team, we never looked like scoring

Antony anonymous as usual

Mount anonymous

Onana looked mediocre as usual

all ETH signings have been dreadful and his tactics are ass, still think we should keep him until the end of the season, but things are just gonna continue to get worse, so much dogshit in this squad
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:32 pm

That really was horrible to watch. Any thoughts about who you think the next manager should be, Firenze? Personally, I think it may be best to find a manager who can work with the players already in the squad, rather than someone who's known for playing a particular style of football.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:10 pm

I honestly have no idea, right now I feel like it's pointless getting in someone like De Zerbi who is having success because this group of players (who they will be stuck with) are so fucking terrible and down tools. No manager is gonna get Antony, Mount, Maguire, etc etc playing well.

It's why I think we should just stick with ETH. I want him to succeed but every game it's getting harder to not question the lack of tactics and weird subs. I hear we are on the line for 15 million if he's sacked and we're pretty cash poor rn so I think he sees out the season tbh

depressing times ahead, season is finished and its the 1st of Nov, we should have been making progress coming off a relatively successful first season but instead seem to have gone backwards, Rashford is useless when not scoring, Bruno has been awful for us...injury crisis. 150M spunked on shit transfers. Sheesh. I think I'll passively follow the rest of the season. Numb. Hope we can at least scrape through our shitty CL group.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:00 am

I do like De Zerbi, but I find Tony Bloom to be the most interesting person at Brighton. When you hear that there's a statistical analyst who recruits players based on in-depth statistics, rather than conventional scouting, you may think it sounds like some kind of football manager playing wannabe - but clearly, it's worked incredibly well for him. And he's also the owner of the club. I find that to be incredibly fascinating. Not only has he managed to acquire talented players on a relatively low budget, but the players actually complement each other.

People like him and Txiki Begiristain don't get the credit that they deserve for making sure that their teams are built properly. If Pep doesn't take Txiki with him once he leaves Man City, I'm sure the club will still be competitive at the highest level. With Liverpool as well, Michael Edwards (who became a free agent last season), never seemed to get any credit for their recruitment and team building.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:46 am

De Zerbi would be out of his mind if he left Brighton for United... the only upward mobility moves out there for him are: Arsenal, Man City and Real Madrid
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:51 am

El Gunner wrote:De Zerbi would be out of his mind if he left Brighton for United... the only upward mobility moves out there for him are: Arsenal, Man City and Real Madrid

The only upward moves from Brighton are Arsenal, City and RM? Excuse me Laughing

Some wild opinions out there lately
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:53 am

Thimmy wrote:I do like De Zerbi, but I find Tony Bloom to be the most interesting person at Brighton. When you hear that there's a statistical analyst who recruits players based on in-depth statistics, rather than conventional scouting, you may think it sounds like some kind of football manager playing wannabe - but clearly, it's worked incredibly well for him. And he's also the owner of the club. I find that to be incredibly fascinating. Not only has he managed to acquire talented players on a relatively low budget, but the players actually complement each other.

People like him and Txiki Begiristain don't get the credit that they deserve for making sure that their teams are built properly. If Pep doesn't take Txiki with him once he leaves Man City, I'm sure the club will still be competitive at the highest level. With Liverpool as well, Michael Edwards (who became a free agent last season), never seemed to get any credit for their recruitment and team building.

Oh, yeah. All of that stuff is also why we're a complete dinosaur. Glazers just run the club into the mud and have no idea what they're doing. There's nothing like that here. We're not a serious football club post Ferguson, just a marketing tool and piggy bank for the owners. All infrastructure is crumbling and behind the scenes you never hear about any of the right people or positions a modern successful club has being filled.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:57 am

Myesyats wrote:
El Gunner wrote:De Zerbi would be out of his mind if he left Brighton for United... the only upward mobility moves out there for him are: Arsenal, Man City and Real Madrid

The only upward moves from Brighton are Arsenal, City and RM? Excuse me Laughing

Some wild opinions out there lately
who else then?
you think Barcelona is an upward move?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:13 am

You think the Spanish champions arent an upward move than brighton? Are you kidding me? A team that everyone dreams of playing for ?

What are your criteria then? Its not even Barca, You have omitted many greats teams, including PSG or Liverpool and many more

Arsenal have been largely irrelevant for the last decade and acting like they shit on everyone now is so weak tbh. A team of professional losers and you team them up with RM !
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:06 pm

Barcelona are in financial ruin and they have multiple refereeing scandals hanging over their head... Brighton is a way, way better situation atm.

Liverpool is Klopp. Klopp and Salah are carrying that club. Liverpool was an absolute joke before those two came in. They have a history of complaints with their current ownership outside of that as well.

PSG... pls, dfkm

the only club maybe i should've mentioned is Bayern... but there's not so much prestige winning with them as it is winning in the GOAT league or with Madrid.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:46 pm

Arsenal has not won the goat league in 20 years bro

You pushing them as an elite team after one decent season is jokes, 2nd place is not a trophy and you had a rather early exit in Europa League bro
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:21 pm

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:32 pm

Myesyats wrote:Arsenal has not won the goat league in 20 years bro

You pushing them as an elite team after one decent season is jokes, 2nd place is not a trophy and you had a rather early exit in Europa League bro

we're trending in the right direction, we don't have any board or ownership issues, or any other issues of any kind, and we're definitely a bigger club and bigger opportunity than Brighton
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:33 pm

El Gunner wrote:and we're definitely a bigger club and bigger opportunity than Brighton

I don't disagree with this statement but it wasn't the initial claim though, the issue is you named only 3 teams that you think are an upward move for De Zerbi which I think is a wild claim and it objectively is

Arsenal has been a meme for several long years, and I know you're enjoying the club's moment of upward mobility but it's been only one season and too often objectivity goes out the window.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:46 am

The guy is a bum.

Strong character but a poor mans Wenger. Interesting system in place but zero concept of tactics and cannot conceive in game changes to positively influence the team, to save his life.

When SAF left the building we forgot what United was before him, an average mid-pond club at best.

They simply are back to who they originally were before the greatest manager of all time took the helm.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next