McLewis
Casciavit
S
32 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Calcio Saga 20/21 - Page 24 Empty Re: Calcio Saga 20/21

Post by McLewis Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:11 pm

And Mancini had a false positive on our end as well so he starts.

Tatarusanu's a pretty solid keeper though. Watch him have a Buffon-esque masterclass against us.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:15 pm

Carles Perez misses out with tonsillitis so primavera talent Providence gets his spot on the bench.

I'm overall good with that lineup. I think Karsdorp is going to struggle against the Milan left flank. He's not defensively solid at all. Won't be surprised to see Santon get a chunk of minutes. Peres might also be an option though he's also not great defensively either.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:30 pm

McLewis wrote:And Mancini had a false positive on our end as well so he starts.

Tatarusanu's a pretty solid keeper though. Watch him have a Buffon-esque masterclass against us.

Nice jinx m8

This ref tho rofl Gives Roma the worst penalty of the season and then gives us a penalty which was just as bad rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Giacomelli has had a shocker today. Both penalties were really soft and shouldn't have been given. The Milan one really felt like a make up for the mistake he made giving us ours.

This was going to be a good game regardless of the penalties, but they've marred what was otherwise an entertaining match.

I'll happily take the draw though, if we can hold on for these 2 minutes.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:21 am

well Covid penalized Milan this time.
Tatarusanu tatarusaned.
And perhaps there's a Lazio outbreak now, 10 players didn't train today (ncluded Immobile and Luis Alberto) but reasons haven't been said ..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:12 am

Pretty bad match for a Roma Milan 3-3. Two penalties that shouldn't have been given, bad goalkeeping from Tatarusanu, and overall a lot of mistakes from both teams. Both will happy with the result though.

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:51 am

Happier are Roma I'd say, I'd say Milan have "missed" 2 points while Roma 've earned 1.
Milan were on advantage for three times ... and they could win it even on last minute, with a very good chance for Romagnoli
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:55 am

Yeah that was a great save at the end. But still a draw with Roma is not a bad way to continue the unbeaten streak in such an irregular night.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:58 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Yeah but honestly you cede far too much control over stretches of the game even to poor opponents

And the team doesn't look well organized

Ceding control is something that we still retain from the Allegri era, he was big on managing the flow of the match, even against bottom feeders. It's one of the reasons why the team looks disorganized
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:39 am

hans, adun

sorry for the late reply but well looking at formation juve is playing on chiesa he looks like he is playing wingback, no ? as per what hans explained if that isn't really a correct definition based on how pirlo is implementing the tactics but rather chiesa playing wide as part of midfield or swapping positions with kulusevski whatever ways we are looking at it, i feel somehow that still due to chiesa's ability of him being exceptionally quick he is assigned to have both defensive and offensive duties in which i wouldn't normally like to see him do that.

i mean, chiesa if predominantly deployed as a right winger with the purpose of only playing attack and not having to track back a lot will help him me thinks.
atleast at fiorentina, he was playing as wingback that is no question about it, in juve pirlo is changing things a lot and it feels as if kulusevski and chiesa are playing more or less the same positiion. anyway as long as if chiesa is indeed asked by pirlo to do more track back and forth, i am happy because that will make him one less dangerous Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:44 am

Pietro Giacomelli who was referring milan roma has been demoted to referee in serie b by designator nicola rizzoli once they serve a month of suspension and will restart their work from serie b

good job, seriously this should happen to other referees who has been messing up other games as well in serie a. frankly referees in serie a are the worst, they dont have neither professional competence nor emotional control to the game.

the referee against lazio inter should have been looked also for wrongfully dismissing immobile and sensi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:50 am

yea that roma 3 - 3 was conditioned by referee's mistake and affected games for both sides. guy lost control and was trigger happy giving non existent pks and yellow cards to anyone and everyone

that being said 2 - 2 would have been fairer result, and also this was a big test for us, 3 times we led and 3 times roma came back, and this is not kind of results milan needed if they are serious about mounting challenge to top serie a teams ; that being said we had plenty of opportunities we created that we could finish, first halfs countless counterattacks was a letdown on final touch and finishes ; second half mirante was like prime neuer (saved calhanouglu free kick, kessie header) romangoli missed free header.

Tatarusanu tatarusaned indeed, and shows that having donnarumma is one extra layer of defense apart from his own abilities.

lastly i am starting to have a bit of a doubt on romagnoli lol... this is now couple of games in big matches (against inter on both legs last year) this year inter game, and now roma game against both giants like lukaku and dzeko he could and should have done well. always said that romagnoli deserved a better partner and now he has a kjaer who is in a form of his life but then romangoli is starting to make this awful mistakes

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:59 am

Chiesa isn't playing wingback for us, he is playing as a winger with "normal" defensive contributions of a wide player. Cuadrado is the one playing wingback. Chiesa has played in front of Danilo.

He has looked great in the limited appearances in this role, I think its right for him.

Kulusevski is much more central, has played as second striker, behind the strikers, or wide.

Also @JespSwe did you see the Fiorentina - Udinese match? 2 goals and an assist for Castrovilli, he is on fire this season.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:06 am

rincon wrote:Chiesa isn't playing wingback for us, he is playing as a winger with "normal" defensive contributions of a wide player. Cuadrado is the one playing wingback. Chiesa has played in front of Danilo.

He has looked great in the limited appearances in this role, I think its right for him.

Kulusevski is much more central, has played as second striker, behind the strikers, or wide.

Also @JespSwe did you see the Fiorentina - Udinese match? 2 goals and an assist for Castrovilli, he is on fire this season.

fair enough, but again i would say that assigning chiesa to have some defensive duties is going to hurt during transition when shifting focus on attack, not that he cant cuz he is fast but i still think that if he is solely focused on attack juve can make their team play faster

unfortuanately not lol i was a bit occupied for a week but, another reason why i stopped watching fiorentina match was because i was convinced fiorentina was going to bottle the lead lol. i would say again commisso is making huge mistake keeping iachini and now he says

" i will sack iachini once the teams below us all sack their coaches " ,

on fiorentina udinese game i will watch full highlights but looks like guy has now 4 goals 1 assist in 5 games ; why do i get this feeling that everytime u mention this , he will at some point end up at juventus ?? Sad  he is milan fan just fyi

though happy for castrovilli that he is taking that to next level and hope he keeps that up :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:57 am

Chiesa wasn’t really doing too much defending to be honest. It seems like more his instructions from Pirlo were to stay out wide. In the CL he was also asked to take his defender 1v1 often, which was great.

Pirlo’s formation is a true back 3, unlike Conte’s Juve which was much more defensive and featured much more defensive players. With that being said, the wingers we’ll have to do some defending but it’s not the same as Chiesa at Fiorentina with Iachini, where at times, Chiesa’s first priority was to defend and he would often start from very deep positions

The interesting thing will be to see Chiesa with Ronaldo and a fit Dybala and how Pirlo fits everyone

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:03 am

Yeah Chiesa's instruction is to stay wide and take the defender 1v1. It's similar to what Pep asks in that sense.

He really gave the team a lot more pace and width. Cuadrado can slow the game down with his feints and slower pace at his age, and Kulusevski is definitely more of a central player. Chiesa is the one that is able to stretch play the most.

I think he will be our full time LW once everyone is back.

Ronaldo - Dybala
Kulusevski
Chiesa - X - X - Cuadrado
Alex - X - X
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:21 am

interesting ... ok i finally got that into grasp - thanks for explanation luca , rincon that echos what adun and hans was saying.

that being said, looking at chiesa playing wide left or right whichever flank he is playing, ronaldo dybala kulusevski is going to get most of the juicy action and chiesa more of a support role no?

also wow that means more work for players like mckennie or arthur to marshall midfield . very interesting, this definitely feels at embryonic stage whatever juve is doing ;

from our point of view i can feel that there are definitely areas that we can exploit on too

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:53 am

rincon wrote:Yeah Chiesa's instruction is to stay wide and take the defender 1v1. It's similar to what Pep asks in that sense.

He really gave the team a lot more pace and width. Cuadrado can slow the game down with his feints and slower pace at his age, and Kulusevski is definitely more of a central player. Chiesa is the one that is able to stretch play the most.

I think he will be our full time LW once everyone is back.

Ronaldo - Dybala
Kulusevski
Chiesa - X - X - Cuadrado
Alex - X - X

I think so too, what do you think of Dybala behind Ronaldo and Morata with Chiesa and Cuadrado as wingers, respectively? Do you think we'll see this at some point? Morata looks like a player that cannot be dropped right now and I feel like he'll only play better once Ronaldo is back fit

JespSwe wrote:interesting ... ok i finally got that into grasp - thanks for explanation luca , rincon that echos what adun and hans was saying.

that being said, looking at chiesa playing wide left or right whichever flank he is playing, ronaldo dybala kulusevski is going to get most of the juicy action and chiesa more of a support role no?

also wow that means more work for players like mckennie or arthur to marshall midfield . very interesting, this definitely feels at embryonic stage whatever juve is doing ;

from our point of view i can feel that there are definitely areas that we can exploit on too

Chiesa, and the wingers generally, will definitely play a more supportive role in attack. Like rincon said, there is a great contrast with Chiesa on one side and Cuadrado on the other, it should mean a lot of chances created for Ronaldo, Morata, Dybala and Kulu (and Ramsey)

And yes, this emphasis on attack and an attacking formation as Pirlo has deployed places a heavy burden on the midfield and defence, which is currently where the team has been susceptible to chance creation and goals suffered. I believe Pirlo's style will rely on one of the defenders (Bonucci and soon, De Ligt - big absence right now), to step into the midfield at times to help break up play and also distribute from the defence. I think De Ligt is a big absence right now because he is very capable on the ball and when there is a midfield two, with an attacking mid like Ramsey, it is tough to control games in the middle. The idea is to spread the ball wide and play fast.

With that being said, I really liked Arthur and Rabiot together in the midfield. Rabiot has been in great form and Arthur is easily the best passer of the ball that our midfield has.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:14 am

Yeah I think we will see Dybala behind Morata and Ronaldo at times, but not always. I think it will be similar to how Sarri had Higuain with the other two playing for certain periods.

With the current setup, having the 3 strikers together makes the midfield more exposed than having Ramsey or Kulusevski in that role.

I think we will see combinations of 2 out of Ronaldo, Morata and Dybala for the most part. Based on form.

For the main roles I think for the most part its going to be:

2 Strikers: Ronaldo, Dybala, Morata
1 AM: Kulusevski, Ramsey
1 Winger: Chiesa, Bernardeschi
2 CMs: Arthur, Bentancur, Rabiot, McKennie
2 FBs: Cuadrado, Danilo, Alex, Frabotta
2 CBs: Chiellini, Bonucci, De Ligt, Demiral
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:39 pm

What a player ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:53 pm

Conte rofl Inter rofl

More complaints and excuses incoming Proud
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:07 am

Atalanta wins away at Crotone, their first win in 3 league games.

Inter draws with Parma, still one win in the last 4 league matches.

The rest of the teams in the race all have good matches today.

Udinese - Milan
Spezia - Juve

These two matches away in between european can be tricky. Both Udinese and Spezia have had good result in the last games and it can become complicated. Still Milan and Juve are expected to win of course.

Torino - Lazio
Napoli - Sassuolo
Roma - Fiorentina

Should be excellent games.

Torino has 1 point this season, but they havent made any match easy. Playing at home they can create problems for Lazio who havent been great either.

Sassuolo and Napoli are level on points in the 3rd and 4th position. Sassuolo has been the best team to watch this season. Napoli while somewhat inconsistent have been really solid, with spikes of brilliance in some matches. Sassuolo score more than 3 goals per game, Napoli has the best defense in the league next to Verona, 2 goals conceded in 4 matches. Draw imo.

Roma and Fiore are two teams that flip a coin every match to see which version of them shows up, and have only 1 point difference between them. Roma has found good form now so we'll see. Fiore's only losses have been in very good matches so anyway this looks promising.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:21 am

eh.... what happened to lautaro these days ... the barca hangover seems to not go away from him Very Happy
on that inter game against parma, i so much blame parma - this team play only 60 mins and then give up i dont understand they have this lead and they just stop playing football and it was all inter throughout the end. Couple of times they have done it now

Crotone - Atalanta was a bit of a expected but i hoped crotone atleast drew, though zapata had plenty of chances there to extend the lead even more.

Udinese Milan i think we should win this - udinese is always tricky team to play against, suddenly against big team they turn up . pussetto is back, and deulofeu is on loan from watford ; he recently revealed that he wanted to desperately return back to milan this summer but there was also interest from Napoli and he would try to prove us why. on short tenure he did really well for us.

Our boys hopefully keep it simple and straightforward and win this and continue that upward trend as gap isn't quite there yet for us in serie a

Spezia Juve should be win for juve - ronaldo is back so that alone is big advantage ; pirlo has been under fire for lot of experimentation and i did read comments on CL thread how disorganized juve was. So it would be interesting how they will cope with this game, chisea should be back too ye?

Torino Lazio - expect lazio to win even though they have lot of players out with covid test coming positive. Torino is a mess atm thanks to giampaolo.

Napoli Sassuolo - interesting game, both in form both team likes scoring so it would  be interesting who will come out at the top, last game last season was quite a controversial one with a draw i believe. Napoli this year is much more organized at hte back and midfield with bakayoko, and even guys like politano, lozano is doing great. from the bench they have explosive player like petagna whom i always liked ; sassuolo i agree with rincon this team has been really fun to watch

Roma Fiorentina - another big match but expect fiorentina to cock this up, even though i like this team.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:52 am

Beautiful goal by Milan.

The first pass (Bennacer?) was great to Ibra who showed his experience and class to set up Kessie (c) for a great finish.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:55 am

JespSwe wrote:
Spezia Juve should be win for juve - ronaldo is back so that alone is big advantage ; pirlo has been under fire for lot of experimentation and i did read comments on CL thread how disorganized juve was. So it would be interesting how they will cope with this game, chisea should be back too ye?

Ronaldo is back is back but on the bench since he just got rid of covid, hasn't trained with the team in a long time. Probably a similar lineup to the CL match since there aren't many players available and fit, hopefully with a proper attitude.

The expected lineup is:

Szczesny; Danilo, Bonucci, Demiral; Chiesa, Rabiot, Arthur, Cuadrado; Kulusevski; Morata, Dybala
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:07 am

We should be winning these games ffs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed