M99
S
LeVersacci
Freeza
RealGunner
61 posters

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign - Page 24 Empty Re: Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:22 pm

"Laughable", again   rofl

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign - Page 24 Empty Re: Karim Benzema - BIG Ballon d'Or 2022 campaign

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:53 pm

I would rank Rudd Van Nistelrooy ahead of Suarez.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:05 pm

There is so much talk about how Benz stacks up against the best strikers of all time! He has been great no doubt, but in praising him, that is putting down a lot of legends. What Benz achieved in past 4 or 5 years is astounding. What I will agree with is that Benz is the greatest 30+ striker ever, especially considering that most players start their decline and retirement at age 30.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:21 pm

Ibrahimovic is the best striker since R9 period. To me, Messi, Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic were the phenoms of the generation that just retired in terms of strikers.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:57 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I would rank Rudd Van Nistelrooy ahead of Suarez.

there is absolutely no metric that supports this
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:44 pm

El Gunner wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:I would rank Rudd Van Nistelrooy ahead of Suarez.

there is absolutely no metric that supports this
Honestly one of bill's worst posts in the history of GL
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:11 pm

Problem I have with Ibra is his relative lack of pace n as he showed at Barca, he stalls the play due to him wanting to control the ball at feet. Dunno if anything similar but I think Sport or Cas mentioned the same issue with Neymar at PSG? Razz Hes also not a nimbo goal poacher type. As a result he doesnt fit every team n isnt perfect of course, he has his many insane attributes, but this one or two weakness definitely hes just below the absolutely best tier for me...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:33 pm

agree BL
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:13 pm

Ibra wasn't playing in his best position at Barca... as a 9.  Pep wanted him to vacate the space and allow Messi to get into scoring positions.  That was the beef.  And that's on Pep for wanting to use him in a ridiculous way.  That's like putting Haaland wide and outside the box.

Ibra is undoubtedly the best striker since R9.   It's not even close.  I remember about 7-10 years ago arguing with Zealous about Benz and Higuain...we bother agreed that we'd sell both in a HEARTBEAT to sign Ibra.  It wasn't even a question.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:30 pm

then why didn't Flo pull the trigger on Ibra if he was so GOATed Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:59 pm

Because he wouldn't co-exist with Ronaldo.

He also had a lot of beef with Dutch players during his time at Ajax. Before CR, we had Robben, Sneijder, Van der Vaart (they hate each other lol), etc. I think Ibra had issues with literally all of them.

Juve, Milan and Inter were not worse destinations than Madrid or Barca at the time... well maybe Juve because of the scandals; but not the other two. Arguably better actually.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:08 pm

Benzema is apparently looking to return to Europe.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:18 pm

Really hoping to see him in the Serie A and him being more of a #10 than a #9 I have come to accept, will suit him.

Huge huge fan of him since his late career resurgence and I am genuinely glad to see him aim to come to Europe.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:02 pm

Wouldn't mind him to return to Real Madrid tbh. Joselu could use some pointers. There's still things he has to teach to the youth on the team.

You should like him arq even before his resurgence. He is Carlo's wet dream. I dont remember how he called it, but it was something like a "italian style CF/SS" that carlo felt every team should have. And Benzema being such an all-rounder and selfless is the closest thing to that. Thinking about it now i dont think theres a prominent italian that fits the mold for quite some time. Has there been anyone since.... Totti?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:55 pm

Really doubtful Joselu remains next season. i believe Flo signs someone for CF (Osimhen lates rumour) plus Endick leaves him as third option plus Espanyol is in range of returning to la liga for next season and if so, they will definitely want him back and wouldn’t extend loan.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:09 pm

I assume there's an option to buy in his loan contract, but even if not, his Espanyol contract will only have a year left presumably with a low enough buy out should we really want to do so. I have no preference either way, but he seems good enough as a 3rd choice given he'll be 34 this year and would seemingly be ok with the role. If we get Osimhen, there'll be a period where he's unavailable due to AFCON, which would likely give the 2nd and 3rd choice strikers some playing time.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:25 am

The loan deal was only because Espanyol got relegated. He is ok as bench strength and IMO will be retained, if numbers permit, but that is only if Espanyol makes the promotion. But next season will be all about Endick’s development. If they do purchase Osimhen or someone else, it will only be temporary. either Endick develops well or they go for Haaland in a couple of years.

Also consider that all of a sudden, the front line is becoming overcrowded. You have Vinicius, Rodrygo, Brahim, whoever comes as CF, Endick, Maybe Joselu, all contributors and we don’t really know how Güler makes out and whether he works out as a forward or a midfielder. Hard to keep that number and give contributors (at this point assuming all) sufficient playing time.

Also same situation in Midfield. Assuming Modric leaves and Kroos remains for another year, you have Bellington, Valverde, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Kroos, all potential starters plus Ceballos and possibly Güler and possibly Nico Paz. This season has worked well with Bellingham up high with 2 forwards, allowing Carlo to play 4 midfielders, but a CF will likely change that. Assuming all are contributors, as seems the case today, then Carlo has same issue with midfielders as with forwards. How can he give all sufficient playing time.

And with defense, Davies likely coming end to replace Mendy, they may possibly want to stock up a bit considering expected departures in next few years (Lucas this summer, Nacho summer 2025, Carvajal summer 2026 and both Alaba, Rudiger likely anytime between 2026 to at outside 2028. Davies likely coming in to replace Mendy. If they do, they have to give new recruits some playing time to assess whether or not they might fit in after retirements.

All this means, even though the overall lineup looks promising, there will eventually be a numbers problem and man management challenges for Carlo.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:12 am

Arsenal is all over Benzema.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:53 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:Wouldn't mind him to return to Real Madrid tbh. Joselu could use some pointers. There's still things he has to teach to the youth on the team.

You should like him arq even before his resurgence. He is Carlo's wet dream. I dont remember how he called it, but it was something like a "italian style CF/SS" that carlo felt every team should have. And Benzema being such an all-rounder and selfless is the closest thing to that. Thinking about it now i dont think theres a prominent italian that fits the mold for quite some time. Has there been anyone since.... Totti?

I always mildly was a fan of him but as we know we couldn't see the true extent of his footballing powers till CR7 left. For a CF to make a resurgence this late in his career I am fully in the belief in terms of raw footballing ability he is miles ahead of CR.

And yes there have been just not to the same success of Totti.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:54 am

sportsczy wrote:Arsenal is all over Benzema.

Hes old now for a footballer but this needs to happen. Huge marketing move and still would be Arsenal's best player and by a mile.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:47 am

Arq wrote:For a CF to make a resurgence this late in his career I am fully in the belief in terms of raw footballing ability he is miles ahead of CR.
as of this moment currently? or all time?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:55 am

Arquitecto wrote:Really hoping to see him in the Serie A and him being more of a #10 than a #9 I have come to accept, will suit him.

Huge huge fan of him since his late career resurgence and I am genuinely glad to see him aim to come to Europe.

It is funny you say that cause if he had longer hair, played for Roma and wore number 10 I would have no problem believing I was watching Totti.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:37 pm

Sports ffs

Can we let Mbappe go for a second pls report on Benzema to Arsenal
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:42 pm

Benz went to Saudi for money and to retire basically. No way he goes to the most demanding league in the world lol

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:43 pm

Clutch wrote:Benz went to Saudi for money and to retire basically. No way he goes to the most demanding league in the world lol
U w0t m8? Benzema would walk rings around the Don Key league. Wouldnt even need to jog.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:49 pm

Still waiting on Sport's sources on Benz whilst he is reporting why Mbappe not liking Manchego will prevent him from going to Real Madrid
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next