M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
47 posters

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:12 pm

farfan wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Don’t be surprised. We’ve got teenage feminists using US statistics as benchmarks for their protests or social media campaigns here. Some people just want to be part of a big and unified cause. Doesn’t matter whether or not it applies to them.

It's a fascinating phenomenon. Young people in the west are so immersed in American culture that they start acting as if they live in the US.

Some people I know will tell you everything there is to know about Nancy Pelosi, the DNC, Senate bills etc... but struggle to name ministers of their own country.  

In Argentina we have a case of a death by police brutality right now, and the media is only speaking about George Floyd Rolling Eyes Fwiw there haven't been any demonstrations like in some other countries, but it is odd how one is shoved under the table and the other given prime time, even if it is newsworthy that the US is on fire.

There's also this case of the police being caught literally shooting someone in the back and I haven't seen it reported on any media

https://www.reddit.com/r/argentina/comments/gvlkrd/la_polic%C3%ADa_de_capitanich_disparando_por_la_espalda/

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Adit Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:38 pm

farfan wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Don’t be surprised. We’ve got teenage feminists using US statistics as benchmarks for their protests or social media campaigns here. Some people just want to be part of a big and unified cause. Doesn’t matter whether or not it applies to them.

It's a fascinating phenomenon. Young people in the west are so immersed in American culture that they start acting as if they live in the US.

Some people I know will tell you everything there is to know about Nancy Pelosi, the DNC, Senate bills etc... but struggle to name ministers of their own country.

True this.

Entire social narrative is set by Americans.

World do look up to US for what ever reason .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:49 pm

It's also hard for me to fully sympathize with the protesters if they do this: https://www.thefirstnews.com/article/rioters-vandalise-statue-of-polish-us-hero-tadeusz-kosciuszko-as-violent-protests-explode-across-america-13077

Polish-US army general who fought his entire life to abolish slavery and they vandalize his statue :facepalm: A little common sense, please.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:23 pm

We shouldn't talk about protesters as if they are a monolithic entity that only believes in 1 thing and behaves in 1 way. The small percentage of people that do dumb/illegal things should be held accountable, but the larger ask is very much valid and easy to sympathize with.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:36 pm

I wanted to say that also applies for cops but I forgot we're talking about the US and not a normal country. So I agree.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:15 am

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/david-dorn-st-louis-police-shot-trnd/index.html

Black man died attempting to protect pawn shop from looters
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:14 am

Drew Brees is a piece of shit.

I hate the saints and I hate new orleans but that team and city deserves better than a qb like him.

Taysom and Winston. Get that role please.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:30 am

Sob sob sob Drew Brees you're an asshole for having a different opinion than me Sad how ironic that you are actually the hater

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 17 A4ad9810
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:45 am

Warrior wrote:Sob sob sob Drew Brees you're an asshole for having a different opinion than me Sad how ironic that you are actually the hater

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 17 A4ad9810

You've spent this entire thread sobbing about people having a different opinion than you though Laughing Laughing

All his teammates who called him out are the true haters. Im also a hater. Of a guy who literally is more offended about peaceful protests like Colin Kaepernick than the fact that the people who he work with everyday didnt get the same rights and whos grandparents also fought in the same war and came home to NOTHING.

I also am a hater of SHITventus. The club where the players blame their own for being racially abused, in this century, while dressed up like early 20th century prisoners. What kinda shit is that warrior? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Allah knows best.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:10 am

Fake news. My contribution in this thread was memes and neutral takes. Can't remember confronting anyone.

Yes you are a HATER and the most disrespectful poster here and it's not even close. You display a loud anti-racist agenda but you said racist comments to Demon and got banned for it. And you shoot random insults all the time.

As if kneeing down during national anthem will solve racism, it's just a symbol. If Drew Brees is a piece of shit for then what does that make of you ? A hopeless drama queen ? At best imo
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:40 am

Warrior wrote:Fake news. My contribution in this thread was memes and neutral takes. Can't remember confronting anyone.

Yes you are a HATER and the most disrespectful poster here and it's not even close. You display a loud anti-racist agenda but you said racist comments to Demon and got banned for it. And you shoot random insults all the time.

As if kneeing down during national anthem will solve racism, it's just a symbol. If Drew Brees is a piece of shit for then what does that make of you ? A hopeless drama queen ? At best imo

Being racist isnt a bannable offense. I was banned because as pharrell said: the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

If kneeling doesnt solve anything why did it scare the NFL enough to blacklist Kaepernick? Why has it scared Brees into effectively ending his career?

What isnt fake news is that racism will never be solved if we have people, who live and take full advantage of multiculturalism, sitting across the ocean and supporting a club where they will turn on their own players for being racially abused. You cant say ANYTHING about racism and support Juventus. :coffee:

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:10 am

Look i know you are trying to piss me off

But in reality i laugh of you. I should not say anything about racism because i support Juve Laughing would be a good troll coming from M99 or Arq
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:29 am

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 17 An4yYn0_700bwp
US gene pool cleansed by at least 2. Nevermind, they've got free bullets.

Last edited by Babun on Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:30 am

Warrior wrote:Look i know you are trying to piss me off

But in reality i laugh of you. I should not say anything about racism because i support Juve Laughing would be a good troll coming from M99 or Arq

Its the middle of night in canada....i doubt you are laughing Smile

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:39 am

I work night shifts and i take it easy

Thankfully you were there, because backing up here was no joke
 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 17 10dec110

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:14 pm

I was working over night too(Tokyo-based team). We are pretty much twinning. Proud Proud

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:39 pm

Surprised to see the "how is kneeling gonna fix racism" comment here. I thought that line of thinking was more for 5 year olds you see on Twitter. Sorry Warrior, but you're being purposefully ignorant if you don't see how kneeling has progressed antiracism.

It's triggered conservatives across the US (like Brees) and caused massive debate from the time it started until now.

Kaepernick's kneeling has to be one of the most effective stands against Police brutality from the time it happened until now. It's become a symbol. Perhaps not quite a watershed moment, but beyond actual killings themselves, nothing else has gotten people to talk about race so much as kneeling during the anthem.

It was brilliant tbh. Hit the American people where it hurts the most, their unbridled and nationalistic patriotism
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:49 pm

CBarca wrote:Surprised to see the "how is kneeling gonna fix racism" comment here. I thought that line of thinking was more for 5 year olds you see on Twitter. Sorry Warrior, but you're being purposefully ignorant if you don't see how kneeling has progressed antiracism.

It's triggered conservatives across the US (like Brees) and caused massive debate from the time it started until now.

Kaepernick's kneeling has to be one of the most effective stands against Police brutality from the time it happened until now. It's become a symbol. Perhaps not quite a watershed moment, but beyond actual killings themselves, nothing else has gotten people to talk about race so much as kneeling during the anthem.

It was brilliant tbh. Hit the American people where it hurts the most, their unbridled and nationalistic patriotism

Thumbs up

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:01 pm

What is your problem ?

I said kneeing down is just a symbol, same thing as you in fact. I am against calling Drew Brees a piece of shit and a racist for saying he'd rather stand up. Besides he did kneel down as support before, and did several charity in New Orleans, but he committed the atrocity of saying his true feelings, so let's cancel him ?

Disappointed you think i don't understand what's behind the symbol, or that it triggers me. Perhaps my words weren't clear to you (and others) but i assume them in the context of my discussion with Kaz.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Drew Brees is a terrible dude, which isn't really anything new. He was the face of a pyramid scheme.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ftc-advocare-settlement/advocare-endorsed-by-quarterback-drew-brees-to-pay-150-million-to-settle-pyramid-scheme-charges-idUSKBN1WH1UL
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:29 pm

https://www.politico.eu/article/in-europe-we-also-cant-breathe-black-lives-matter-anti-racism-protests-george-floyd-police-brutality/

Good article about European hypocrisy
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:23 pm

First of all national anthem in sports is bs, except world cups and olympics

Second of all i don't really give 2 shits about Drew Brees himself, my post was about cancel culture and tell Kaz his attitude annoys me.

Third of all in this particular case i think the guy is mostly guilty of not being able to read the room. And NFL is just dumb to not allow kneeling, they are stupid. But then about me being apologist... kneeling raises awareness ? So what ? Which tangible improvement came from it ? Seems more like a divisive topic than anything else tbh. The current protest is a result of George Floyd's and Ahmaud Arbery's murders being caught on camera, change comes through real things, not symbols or prayers.

Since 4 years i am member here and over 5000 posts, i hoped at this point it was clear, ultimately i am on the good side. Hopefully
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:23 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://www.politico.eu/article/in-europe-we-also-cant-breathe-black-lives-matter-anti-racism-protests-george-floyd-police-brutality/

Good article about European hypocrisy

Yep, that's exactly what we talked about yesterday.

What a crazy world we live in when your local police brutality cases are being overshadowed by those from a foreign country.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:49 pm

Thats because young people go to twitter/reddit and these sites are mainly US focused. Everything is US related on the reddit's popular page. All the public freakout videos are from the US etc. All you see nowadays is Biden, Trump, Biden, Trump.

I imagine it's similar on Twitter.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:14 pm

It's globalisation.

And there's plenty discussion about national politics in Denmark about issues. But often my own national issues isn't relevant at all on international forums.

US. isn't as much a nation anymore as it's the capital of all media in the world and therefor has an effect on all of us.

I'd say most of us are more shaped by American entertainment and media in general than our own nation's. This gives us a common ground or perspective from which we can discuss international issues.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:21 pm

Warrior wrote:First of all national anthem in sports is bs, except world cups and olympics

That much is obvious. From a sports sense it's absolutely illogical to have national anthems for international where players aren't tied to a nation when they play.

It's really just a propaganda vehicle and the military is paying enough for that to never change.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next