USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Page 18 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Freeza on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:21 pm

@Warrior wrote:First of all national anthem in sports is bs, except world cups and olympics

That much is obvious. From a sports sense it's absolutely illogical to have national anthems for international where players aren't tied to a nation when they play.

It's really just a propaganda vehicle and the military is paying enough for that to never change.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by RealGunner on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:02 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:20 pm

I'm sure that's exactly what Floyd is doing right this very moment

looking down and thinking

this is a great thing for me and everyone

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:24 pm

Those job numbers are low key fantastic.

Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:47 pm

@RealGunner wrote:

Had to click on it and make sure it wasn't a parody account, unreal how tone deaf he is

Great job numbers tho

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:54 pm

@RealGunner wrote:

lmao

Is there a medical diagnosis for being incapable of empathy like there is for depression, ocd, bi-polar etc conditions? Because Trump clearly is emotionally incapable of feeling empathy towards anyone.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:57 pm

@Art Morte wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:

lmao

Is there a medical diagnosis for being incapable of empathy like there is for depression, ocd, bi-polar etc conditions? Because Trump clearly is emotionally incapable of feeling empathy towards anyone.

Sociopath pretty much covers it

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:01 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:13 pm

Seems like the clip was edited for maximum outrage. What he actually said:

Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement, regardless of race, colour, gender or creed — they have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement. They have to receive it! We all saw what happened last week. We can’t let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying ‘this is a great thing that’s happening for our country’. This is a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody. It’s a great day for everybody. This is a great, great day in terms of equality. It’s really what our Constitution requires and it’s what our country is all about.

We have fallen for fake news

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:48 pm

K-pop stans taking 1 for the culture and filtering #whitelivesmatter on Twitter & IG with k pop feeds  USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 18 Full?d=1589433675

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:34 pm

57 officers quits in protest over the suspending of 2 officers assaulting a 75 year old man. Laughing

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:50 pm

Just watched another live stream of Furry Potato getting strong arm robbed, she made a private person arrest, cops said the robber is going in custody, yet they let her on citation. Protests need to continue, hard, otherwise these fkers will never get removed from the force.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:01 pm

@LeVersacci wrote:57 officers quits in protest over the suspending of 2 officers assaulting a 75 year old man. Laughing
Best news in days, these fkers need to get removed from the force. If you can't hold you own lawfully, against weaker than average opponent, you shouldn't be a cop.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:07 pm

I would propose this: half the police force, double the pay, psychological and physical evaluation, and make them thoroughly understand the rights of the people.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:48 pm

@LeVersacci wrote:57 officers quits in protest over the suspending of 2 officers assaulting a 75 year old man. Laughing

Great. Would've taken ages to find, and fire, all of them... Plus they might've sued.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:56 pm

Half of the problem is the justice system, like Furry Potato says. DA holds too much power and isn't controlled enough. DA decides if something is prosecuted, and often it's just about police protection or about thought if there will be a conviction. Both are wrong methods of forcing the law, and thus DA holds too much power.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:32 pm

They only resigned from their unit, not the police department.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:59 pm

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 18 EZpKjvbUcAAzxFs?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:00 am

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 18 2433da10

I went to Oslo to do some shopping today. I saw a massive group of people on my way to the shopping mall area, and that’s when I realized that our very own George Floyd demonstration was going to be held today. What surprised me, was that I barely saw any people of color.

I saw some Asian influencers with selfie sticks and «I can’t breathe» signs around their neck, a couple of muslim women, and maybe two or three black people in a crowd that apparently consisted of more than 15.000 people (yes, they ignored the no more than 50 people recommendation from our prime and health ministers) Laughing

There are a relatively many black people in Oslo, so I found it a bit odd that the demonstration was largely white, judging by TV footage as well as the people I saw when I was there. There were no riots, but our minister of health is fuming right now. As if, it wasn’t obvious that everyone was going to ignore the recommended distancing Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Thimmy on Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:04 am; edited 3 times in total

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:01 am

Whats up with the fence they put up around the White House? Is trump preparing to defend his castle once he loses to Joe and they try to remove him or what
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:04 am

@Myesyats wrote:Whats up with the fence they put up around the White House? Is trump preparing to defend his castle once he loses to Joe and they try to remove him or what

It’s supposed to keep the baby inside so he doesn’t hurt himself

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:29 am

@Harmonica wrote:I would propose this: half the police force, double the pay, psychological and physical evaluation, and make them thoroughly understand the rights of the people.

While we're talking about ways to improve the police force, it's worth reading this short article about the San Antonio Police Department

https://www.texasobserver.org/ernie-and-joe-san-antonio-police-mental-health/

A lot of police work is dealing with mentally unstable individuals who are out on the street. Giving them the training to handle these situations well would be an easy way to make a difference. Putting police officers with social workers or other mental health professionals might be a great idea (of course, those social workers would have to agree and should be getting much more $$ for their cooperation).

And this basic form of going around in the community and helping, and de-escalating, and getting to know these people (because many of them will inevitably be back out on the street), it can build to bigger and better things.

As I talk with my girlfriend the other day, one thing we agree on is that for many places, the community building aspect of policing is just not there. We both grew up in small-ish towns where you have a decent chance that you know the police officer who pulled you over, or you know someone that knows them. There is a chance you went to high school together. No wonder people trust the police and don't mind the police. The police are there, in their lives, every day. And you know officer Joe Shmoe isn't gonna pull any shit on you, because everyone knows Joe.

This is always more difficult in a bigger city. However, when you see the statistics about how many police officers live outside the city, it's no wonder there are problems. You have Officer Whitey mcWhitey coming into your neighborhood, and it's a latinx majority neighborhood. Why can't we have a latinx member of the police force patrolling that neighborhood? Maybe someone who once lived nearby? Or maybe they don't live there, but they do live in the city and show up to community functions -- like neighborhood centers (in regular clothes).

I realize these things are all easier said than done. It's difficult enough getting officers in the police force.

I just wonder how much better things might be if, say, you had police officers who mostly lived in the city and attended community functions in regular clothes. You have officers who are the same race as those they interact with (a diversified force), you have more women officers, and a police force that is trained in mental health or has someone with them who is thoroughly trained in mental health.

I've read theories about splitting the police force into different parts, defined by their operations. One operation could be what my ponderings just above look like. They do the most of the police work. Respond to non-emergency calls, they investigate when a neighbor reports some fighting, they work with mentally ill individuals on the street, they pull people over for speeding, and they interact with the community. They keep their guns in their cars, and don't carry them around.

Another operation is more specialized -- they respond to the violent crime. They are specially trained to keep calm in uncertain and dangerous situations. They are equipped with a weapon at all times and are authorized to use force when necessary (and are very well aware of the laws that govern that force).

I think that idea is not a bad one, tbh.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:27 am

Tiger Woods is the biggest sellout I have ever seen. We can make our point without burning the neighborhoods we live in? Im sorry? Ive never seen Tiger even acknowledge another Asian who wasnt his mother. What does he mean our neighborhoods?Surely he doesnt mean black when he got on tv and pitched a fit about being considered black.

We wanted to love you tiger. Even when you were losing and couldnt even pull one sister into your harem we still loved you. You're cancelled now. With your diligent cops.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:26 am

Rather than black, he sees himself as “Cablinasian” — a mix of Caucasian, black, (American) Indian and Asian

Nobody can argue with his precision. His mother, Kultida, is of Thai, Chinese and Dutch descent. His late father, Earl, said he was African-American, Chinese and Native American. If that is accurate (and some say his father’s Chinese heritage is subject to dispute), Woods is more Asian than he is black. In any event, he has explained that to call himself African-American would have the effect of writing his own mother out of his racial identity.

goddamn, what a minefield
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:01 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Seems like the clip was edited for maximum outrage. What he actually said:

Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement, regardless of race, colour, gender or creed — they have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement. They have to receive it! We all saw what happened last week. We can’t let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying ‘this is a great thing that’s happening for our country’. This is a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody. It’s a great day for everybody. This is a great, great day in terms of equality. It’s really what our Constitution requires and it’s what our country is all about.

We have fallen for fake news

There is someone/a group with a huge agenda. They want Trump out no matter what, that much is clear. They're also backed up by the media. Instead of reporting, the media is cherry picking evrything against him, albeit not reporting at all. The ones which take his side like Fox news are far right jokes. Trump isn't far right though. By now, I strongly think that he went against the interests of the top 2% of the American population, that's why the continious compaign. That would also mean that the average Joe or members of the minorities like Kazuya are helping to impeach Trump and to push through policies in the interest of the upper 2% while believing they're doing something "right".
The real benchmark of a president is the state of the economy and well being of the people. Before the Wuhan Virus, Trump administration was doing really well.

The video of the 75y old gamps is going viral, cut again for the effect purpose, not for reporting. He is standing in the way of the police in anti-riot formation in gear and is discussing "stuff". Then the policemen lightly pushed him aside which was wrong of him. The dude fell onto his backhead and started bleeding from the ears. One in 100 times, he wouldn't fall that way but in this situation he stumbled and fell in that way. Afterwards, the newbie who was in the wrong tried to help which was wrong: you don't move anyone with a skull trauma, only medics are allowed. The superior did the right thing by halting him then called the medics. They arrived shortly after but of course that part was cut from the video again to support a certain agenda.
The narrative, he's got his rights how could a heartless policeman leave him on the ground and the other one was even more heartless by preventing help. What the fuck is he doing in the middle of the riot formation during riots hindering the police at doing their jobs? Yes, you all have rights but also RESPOBSIBILITIES as citizens. Law and order is the collaboration of all parties. Out of the fear, the police left out the pushing part in the report to cover for each other which is wrong. Even after the video was shown, it's clear he didn't want to seriously injure of kill him.

By the way, Minnesota has been a dem city since 80s. Suddenly, Trump is the reason everything is happening there.. the agenda is strong with this one.

I'll tell what'll happen. The police will avoid patroling or intervening in the anarchist neighbourhoods. There'll be more crime and disorder in those regions making the life of the law abiding ones even harder. One day, youngKaz will be afraid to go out because he might not return home unharmed. Exacly, the people complaining now will ask for police to do their jobs under "their conditions".

That's not right. Police is part of the executive, you can reform it but not get rid of it or demonize the people. It's you people who will suffer the consequences. Media needs much more reform than the police by the way. The way of disintegrating unity by agitating groups against each other is a crime because people are dying on the streets.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:27 am

Awww come on Babun, don't go down that rabbit hole. No serious media organization ran the edited Trump tape, and I didn't see the "Trump said George Floyd would be happy about employment numbers" narrative pushed by anything besides tabloids and click-bait websites.

And of fucking course Trump is far right, the man's been sued for racial discrimination in basically all of his business ventures, he worked with Steve Bannon, and it wasn't a conspiracy theory that he was endorsed by David Duke, or that he saw "good people" at a Neo-Nazi rally.

Just because some idiot re-cut Trump to make him look worse doesn't mean he doesn't look bad already. I also firmly believe that there are real and actual looters amongst the people demonstrating, that doesn't devalue the demonstrations. And just because Trump is insane and his party is mostly backing him doesn't meant that all conservatives agree. It's usually just more complicated and nuanced than that.

And I don't think anybody wants to completely get rid of the police. But they have been behaving thuggishly for decades now, and the DAs are frankly encouraging them. The entire justice system needs reform. But that's a whole other discussion.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum