Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:49 am

CBarca wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:My Doom experience in a nutshell:

Game is so fucking good.

Did you enjoy that?

Way too fast paced and shit happening all over. I'm sorry, but that looks like a mess to me.

Full disclaimer: I don't know anything about Doom and have never played it. Just commenting on the video. I might very well love the game if I tried it.

Yes the combat loop is insanely satisfying, i think when you play it feels better than just watching it.

You kinda just get into a Rhythm of it all and adjust.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:05 pm

Downloading M&BII, it was 39,99€ in Steam if you own previous game. bounce
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:20 pm

I'm watching the Steam developer broadcast. Is this game basically like Total War with some first person RPG aspect to it?

I appreciate them doing the price reduction but I think I'll hold off buying it until it is out of Early Access.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:49 pm

It's basically medieval rpg, where you play as lord and can recruit people for your army. You can solo too, but that will not get you too far. Then you can start wandering the map, doing guests, killing bandits, conquering places, or just ransacking and pillaging. It has all the medieval siege mechanics too.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:59 pm

So basically like KC:D except you don't start as a total peasant Laughing

Are the quests interesting at all? KC:D quests, while not revolutionary at all, added a lot to the overall experience and story line.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:33 pm

I don't know about the campaign much yet. Guests wont be as good as with KCD, although I can't say much about that either. With previous games it was delivery and killing type of guests mostly to make money so you can recruit people.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:25 pm

General Games Discussion - Page 5 PjcCslc

Runs pretty good, 5120x1440 all maxed 45 fps, with 1k soldiers battle 35 fps. Uses all 12 threads from Ryzen 3600, which is wonderful news.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:57 pm

166k players now on Steam, already blasted past Doom Eternals peak (104k). This is gaming. Seems pretty stable, no crashes so far.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:05 am

Pedram wrote:

So hyped ffs bounce
Receiving mediocre reviews right now. Didn't expect it, considering how good RE2 remake was.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:28 am

danyjr wrote:
Pedram wrote:

So hyped ffs bounce
Receiving mediocre reviews right now. Didn't expect it, considering how good RE2 remake was.

Yea i'm kinda shocked, PC Gamer gave it 58. Laughing how did Capcom fuck this up, they could basically copy RE2 and easily get another +85 score. looks like most of the criticism were directed at linearity of the gameplay and the Nemesis not being used as good as Mr X in RE2.

Also 60 dollars for a 6 hours campaign is too much imo, will buy this when it becomes cheap.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 am

Strong rumors claim that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 remastered will be released tomorrow.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:10 pm

General Games Discussion - Page 5 F7OqXey

Couldn't be happier, the game is an absolute dynamite.

Last edited by Harmonica on Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:29 pm

Thimmy wrote:Strong rumors claim that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 remastered will be released tomorrow.

RIP my ability to get students to do their work
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:42 pm

It's only the single player apparently so you'll be fine lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:37 am

Finished Doom Eternal, would consider it a Masterpiece if the final 2 levels difficulty spike made me want to shut the game off on multiple occasions.

Rest of the game was amazing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:18 pm

CBarca wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Strong rumors claim that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 remastered will be released tomorrow.

RIP my ability to get students to do their work

Are you working as a teacher now, CB?

Mole: only the single player mode? That makes no sense. As much as some people liked the single player, I doubt it will sell well without the online portion of the game. People have been waiting for a remaster of MW2 online for a decade, already.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:18 pm

twitch.tv/itmejp/clip/TardyLazyChimpanzeeBuddhaBar
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:31 am

#R3

Game: Clockwork Knight 1 & 2.
Year: 1994 & 1995.
Genre: Platformer
Publisher: Sega.
Developer: Sega.

General Games Discussion - Page 5 36475-clockwork-knight-sega-saturn-front-cover
General Games Discussion - Page 5 Clockwork_knight_2

First things first, I am changing my rating system to a simpler 10 point system. Games that get above a 7 I fully recommend, and those that get below that are mostly a waste of time. That leaves the score of 7 to depend on your taste

Out of every 10 platformers on the SNES and the Genesis, only 1 was good, and it most probably was not made on the Genesis. Generally, playing any random platformer at that time that isn't made by Nintendo is a huge gamble with your time. The gulf in class between the great platformers we remember from that time and the rest of the filler games is as deep a the grand canyon.

Both Clockwork Knight games are not in the rock bottom of that canyon (that spot is reserved to Bug), but they are deep enough for you not to waste your time playing them.

"Come on now, everyone, it's all right, join the fun"

I must admit that I was initially hopeful when I started the game, and that's due to the encouraging opening movie. With a catchy Borwaodway-inspired musical song (That reminded me of Super Mario Odyssey's theme), the movie shows a playroom come to life (not unlike Toy Story). Then, the princess of the playroom, which is maiden in a fancy clock, is kidnapped and an awakened clockwork soldier that suspiciously looks similar to Mario must go and save her.

The opening movie suggested a world filled with little details about everyday homes, shown from a small toy's perspective. It suggested, even if the gameplay ended up being mediocre, at least a thematically interesting world.

Unfortunately, while the theme is clear in the level design and world backgrounds, everything is made up in such a haphazard way that there no interesting visual storytelling at all. Levels are simply made of toy block, pencils, utensils, and other common things in a chaotic way that inspires no admiration whatsoever.

Ironically, the only thing remaining that ties in the game to that great opening cinematic is the good soundtrack, which incorporates the catchy tune into the game's few tracks. So, even when you are glaring at soulless characters in soulless environments, at least the soundtrack is okay.

"Pepperouchau, I am pleased to see you!"

If nothing else, at least Clockwork Knight 1 & 2 had the decency to be short (unlike Bug). Each game consists of eight short levels and four mediocre bosses. While for people buying it at the time, that short length would have seemed almost criminal, it was a blessing to this reviewer.

That's because playing the game is less fun than doing absolutely nothing, and every minute wasted on this game is a minute that is forever gone.

In the first game, the character moves at a plodding pace in unimaginative levels with terrible visual cues about where hidden things could be(not that anything is valuable at the game). Combat is boring, with inconsistent hit detection. Bosses are boring to look at, and boring to fight.

The second games improve things a little by adding the ability to run and sprinkling four collectibles in each level. Except, that doesn't improve the desire to explore those levels, as the level design clearly frustrates that desire. For instance, there is a tower of a sort that you climb through many platforms. In any competent platformer, that tower, which wastes your time climbing, would be a unique place in the level and should contain a collectible. Not in Clockwork Knight, where there are three such towers in the level, none of which has a collectible or anything of value to the player (screw the points you get).

At that point, it became obvious that no one was thinking about the best places to put in collectible or lives or any useful item. One egregious example of such poor placement design is in an invincibility power-up (the only power-up in the game) that is placed in a hard to get location, but once you get it, there is little use from it as there are no enemies or hazards that you will need to watch out for for the entire time the power-up is active, only for hazards and enemies to show-up again once the effects are over.

"Pepper, welcome back. Let's begin"

If it wasn't obvious by now how poor this game is, simply compare it to another great platformer at the tie. Both Clockwork Knight and Donkey Kong Country were 2D platformers made at roughly the same time with a psuedo-3D graphical look.

Visually, there is really no comparison despite one of them being made in a stronger console. There is a level of consistency in DKC in level design, enemy design, sound effects, and music that tells of a cohesive and vibrant world. That consistency is usually absent in mediocre platformers.

Gameplay-wise, there is a weight and momentum to the movement of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. A movement that is facilitated by the level design, as each level contains many obstacles that invite you to overcome. On the other hand, Pepperouchau or whatever the hell he is named is boring to control, especially in levels that are poorly designed with a minimum of obstacles to overcome.

Finally, the scope of each game is of completely different magnitude despite both being the same price. While the first DKC had 33 full-fledged levels, both Clockwork Knight games offer a paltry 16 poorly designed levels combined.

In Conclusion:

Games like Clockwork Knight demonstrates clearly how hard it is to actually make a competent platformer, nevertheless a great one.

Here is a game so devoid of skill, so bankrupt in its ideas, that it is honestly a struggle to finish it.

Final: 3/10

Pros:

• A Good opening cineatic

Cons:

• Terrible Gameplay
  • Terrible level design
  • Terrible wast of time despite being short
  • Unmercifully boring

"Tips"
1- Don't play the game.

"Next Game"

Well, I guess there is a game in the Saturn that is almost as bad as Bug, but it is not near enough in reality. Bug was an abhorrently designed game from top to bottom with no redeeming features. Ironically, both games got decent critical scores at the time, which points to a poverty of options at the time.

Next, I will continue with my Saturn reviews with a report of the top 11-20 games as per the Retro Sanctuary list. Later, I will play and review the most famous Shmup on the Saturn, Radiant Silvergun which sits at number 8 on the same list.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:04 pm

General Games Discussion - Page 5 CfDBxMh

Just became the 15th most played game in Steam, all-time, with zero advertisement and being early access. Proud
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:10 pm

Pedram wrote:
danyjr wrote:
Pedram wrote:

So hyped ffs bounce

Yea i'm kinda shocked, PC Gamer gave it 58. Laughing how did Capcom fuck this up, they could basically copy RE2 and easily get another +85 score. looks like most of the criticism were directed at linearity of the gameplay and the Nemesis not being used as good as Mr X in RE2.

Also 60 dollars for a 6 hours campaign is too much imo, will buy this when it becomes cheap.

My mate's brother finished the game in one night. I was hugely surprised. Searched it up and

https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=72822

Paying £40-50 for a 5-6 hour game in 2020 lol. Specially when there is no renown MP. Game deserves all the bashing.

meanwhile look at this Proud

https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=60877
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:28 am

I saw some reviewers saying it should of been DLC for Resi 2, hard to really disagree considering most of the reactions.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:04 pm

Anyone still plays CSGO?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:11 pm

Not since 2012.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:51 am

So I've about 30 hours on M&B II: Bannerlord, to give some thoughts. Now I've 30+ years of gaming behind me, although I'm mostly playing rpg's nowadays. And this, if not yet, is probably going to be the best game ever, certainly top 3. So lets get that out of the way.

It's early access, but quarter million concurrent player, 85% very positive, early access. Now that doesn't come as a surprise, as the previous version, Warband was the game that probably popularized early access, with Minecraft I think. They've been patching the game every day since release, patch on saturday, hotfix on sunday. They're actively listening the community, and acting based on that.

It's first and third person, single and multiplayer, and if I had to describe Bannerlord as other more familiar games, it would be a combination a of Mordhau, Total War and Crusader Kings. The fighting part of Mordhau, factioning and campaining of Total War, are very well fleshed out already. The politic part of Crusader Kings needs to be fleshed out some more still to be comparable. Here's a screen of the campaign map.
General Games Discussion - Page 5 BhnbzDX

This is a sandbox rpg, meaning guests are still very basic. Town guests etc. are still work in progress. But I'll tell you this right now, this sandbox rpg, is more of a rpg than scripted, story based rpg ever will be. Here you create your own story. And I can give as an example right now.

I was looking the game encyclopedia to find a suitable wife, which I could then put a charge of my castle, when I was out on battling. Found a great fighter, only 25 year old lady. But she was an enemy faction, so I didn't know how it would pan out. Nevertheless I searched her on campaign map, and thought I will beat her army and convince her to marry me. Lords are unkillable on the battle (you can execute them as prisoners). So the battle was about 300 vs 300 at night, and out of all 300 enemies, I somehow accidentally ko'd her, not a great start. Nevertheless the battle was over and I was expecting to get her as a prisoner. But I got some other lord, and I actually had to make prisoner exchange with a lord from my side.

Well now she was in my dungeon in my castle. But then I found out that she will not talk to me because she's an enemy faction. So lets try to end this war. But no matter of buttering or politicking ended the war, and when I was doing all this, she actually escaped from the prison. And I was at square one again.

Fck it, lets desert our faction and join her faction. I then tracked her down again, and now she actually could be talked to reasonably. I save scummed to get 25% checks to like her, and another 25% check that we had something in common. And now she actually would marry me, given that I could convince her father, who was the king, that the marriage was "profitable". I ended giving like 30 horses to her father, and finally all that drama, she answered yes, and we were married. Have couple of kids already, and in this game, eventually you can go through generations, like in Crusader Kings.

Is it worth a buy ea? Yes, more than anything new you can find from last couple years.

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:14 pm

I don't know why it took me this long to pick up RDR2 but hands down the best SP game i've ever played.

Witcher 3 next game to complete from my list before PS5 is out.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:06 pm

LeVersacci wrote:I don't know why it took me this long to pick up RDR2 but hands down the best SP game i've ever played.

Witcher 3 next game to complete from my list before PS5 is out.

Proud

Play God Of War after Witcher if you have not yet. These three are the top 3 of this gen for most PS4 people I've seen.

I remember you being a Soulsborne fan. Sekiro from last year is great.

Speaking of which took a screenshot of my Rhaegar in Scholar Of The First Sin today.

General Games Discussion - Page 5 92579500_1380998705419589_3801543624626274304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=xAyIz07_TZYAX9ahmgn&_nc_ht=scontent.fdac52-1

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next