Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:10 pm

Mbappe has done nothing.  He's always said that he wants to play out his contract until 2024 and then see.

Madrid has done nothing.  The club has always maintained that Mbappe is a possibility in 2024 and not this summer.

PSG created all the drama and then media/social media did their nonsense.  

It was always going to be difficult with Mbappe set to make 120 million in wages and bonuses this year + 160 million signing on fee next summer.  That's 280 million.  Add a transfer fee of let's say 100 million... Madrid would have needed to play 380 million this summer.  I believe Madrid could have structured something for Mbappe... but paying PSG 100+ million was not feasible on top of it.

Saudi money buying Neymar and likely Verratti... for a whopping 250 million per rumors... took leverage away from Madrid and PSG felt no FFP pressure.  As a result, PSG was only going to transact for a huge fee now. That's the changing event.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:27 pm

Come on Sports. It was you that said His mother was in regular conversations with Flo, that Mbappé was pissed and really wanted to screw PSG!

I can accept that Flo held out hope but more than likely it would be next year and that next year would be more difficult with competition, but I’m certain he was mislead re a renewal.

And on top of this, it was you that said, Mbappé was not in it for money!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:14 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Come on Sports. It was you that said His mother was in regular conversations with Flo, that Mbappé was pissed and really wanted to screw PSG!

I can accept that Flo held out hope but more than likely it would be next year and that next year would be more difficult with competition, but I’m certain he was mislead re a renewal.

And on top of this, it was you that said, Mbappé was not in it for money!!!

Mbappe would compromise some on the 280 million... but not 50-100 million lol.  It was just too much of a compromise.

Of course Mbappe's mother was in touch with Real Madrid.   It's her job.

But again, Neymar accepting to go to Al Hilal yesterday saves PSG 120+ million this year and 80 million the following year.  Financial situation changed drastically.  Whereas PSG would be forced to take even 100 million this summer for Mbappe due to FFP before the Neymar deal... now they don't have to accept anything.

IMO, the PSG threat that Mbappe could be benched all season suddenly became more likely for Mbappe and he could not let that happen from his career standpoint.  PSG's bluff seemed less like a bluff.

What do I think will go down?  Mbappe extends with a loophole allowing him to leave next summer for a fee.  He won't pocket the 160 million sign-on fee if he was free.  But he will get some and the club will get some.

His arrival this summer was always predicated on PSG accepting a very low fee.  That went out the window with Neymar sale.  So Mbappe is forced to slightly compromise. He (and Madrid) lost their leverage.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:04 pm

This is how it will ultimately be resolved!

futbol_bill wrote:Perez announcement about Mbappe

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1329193797977047?fs=e&s=7MtrtK&mibextid=9imq16
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:14 pm

L'Equipe adding details:

Mbappe has not discussed a contract extension with PSG. He wanted to play this season and there was a cost to him, which is yet unknown. But it wasn't an extension::
https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Act...ulait-rejouer-a-tout-prix-avec-le-psg/1413597

There is a rumor that he punted the "loyalty bonus" to next year, which now acts as a de facto buyout clause.  Buyout clauses are illegal in France so they couldn't do one directly.  The loyalty bonus is equal to 80 million euros.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:51 pm

Does anyone know what happened with Odriozola deal? It seemed he was on his way, back to La Real, with all parties in agreement, a month ago. Yet now he is being included in lineup every game thus far? He is 3rd choice at RB and as far as I know he has never played any other position. Last deadwood on squad! I don’t understand? Does anyone on this forum know why?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:58 pm

Mbappe is going to have a press conference after the Lens-PSG game this Saturday to discuss (or a better translation is "announce") his future.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:41 pm

The circus surrounding that guy is nauseating
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:52 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:The circus surrounding that guy is nauseating

He hasn't said a word actually... he just sent a letter that he legally was obliged to send before July 1, stating that he would not be exercising his option to extend with PSG.  PSG leaked the letter to the media. He did say that "a letter never killed anyone" to be fair during the international break in June since he's France captain and had to have a press conference.  

The circus is from PSG and the media only.   Blame them.

PSG ended their part in the circus last week.  This press conference is to end the circus from the media that just won't stop.  I think he's tired of it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:56 am

sportsczy wrote:

He hasn't said a word actually... he just sent a letter that he legally was obliged to send before July 1, stating that he would not be exercising his option to extend with PSG.  PSG leaked the letter to the media. He did say that "a letter never killed anyone" to be fair during the international break in June since he's France captain and had to have a press conference.  

PSG ended their part in the circus last week.  This press conference is to end the circus from the media that just won't stop.  I think he's tired of it.

While technically true, he's being facetious at best, which seems to be a consistent approach to how he manages his career. His priorities seem to be more financial than sporting; which is absolutely fine, but undermines any presumptions about him wanting to be the best.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:51 pm

Nivash wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

While technically true, he's being facetious at best, which seems to be a consistent approach to how he manages his career. His priorities seem to be more financial than sporting; which is absolutely fine, but undermines any presumptions about him wanting to be the best.

At this point, I believe it is better to forget about Mbappé and go after Haaland when he becomes available. Likely less money and IMO, a better fit, much better attitude and better all round team player.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:13 am

Well. We're really going into the season without an elite cf.

I can only hope vinicius and Rodrigo step it up a notch. Trial by fire it shall be.

Only time will tell whether they emerge unscathed or burned by the flames of pressure
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:44 pm

Not sure if latest player possibilities are known here given on how quiet this section has been lately, but there is a lot of talk about next season.

It seems Flo is determined to bring in A CF. Mbappe is still a possibility, but sounds  like Flo doesn’t intend to pay a fee to PSG. The alternative is to see if they can entice Haaland. And failing that they will go after Julian Alvarez.

They have gotten Davies to not renew with Bayern and that will fill the hole at LB with Mendy to be sold.

And they have just renewed interest in Reece James as he seems to be fed up with what’s going on at Chelsea. Although Carvajal is playing well, they don’t think he can play an entire season. Lucas’s contract expires in June so there is room for James.

Looks like they will loan out Guler in January and essentially, put off his arrival a year.

Also coming is Endick and it looks like maybe Nico Paz as well. Raul thinks Nico will be better than either Pedri or Gavi.

Both Kepa and Joselu are hoping to stay with Madrid for next season.

And finally club hasn’t given up on Vinicius Tobias as a backup RD, although I would think if James does come that move would be after Carvajal departs.

All of this sounds great and for once it seems as if moves are being planned on needs of club!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:39 pm

It’s amazing to me, how the club is advancing now that the deadwood is out, except for Mendy!

If everything plays out as I posted yesterday, not only is there WC at every position, the reserves are also very good and useful. Plus they will have potentially 3 or 4 promising kids to develop; Güler. Endick Nico Paz and maybe Vinicius Tobias. No doubt some of them may have to wait a year for more vets to retire, i.e Nacho, Carvajal, Modric and Kroos.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:06 am

It makes me happy to see that the club has a promising future ahead of it. I haven't always been this optimistic in recent years, although we've performed above expectations despite the lack of reasons to be optimistic.

I am curious about who our next manager will be. We still need a striker, and the fullback positions are likely also going to need some attention in the future, but with everything taken into consideration, we seem to be on the right path. We don't have the superior, financial muscle that we had over a decade ago, but we're still building teams that are competitive at the highest level of the game.

If you ever have doubts in this team or this club, just look at Man United and how little bang for buck they have been getting through their transfer activity and team building since Alex Ferguson left the club. Things can always be worse Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:17 am

Maybe we can snag Flick? I liked him at Bayern, don't know what happened with him in Germany

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:19 am

Also bill, that all sounds too good to be true tbh. Maybe we snag one or two but haaland and mbappe, I'm takin the tito route. I'll believe it when I see them at their presentation

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:14 pm

My money is on Julian Alvarez.

Re next coach, the talk here is Xabi Alonso.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:00 am

Julian Alvarez seems like a good alternative to Haaland and Mbappe. He's nowhere near as fast as they are, and he's quite physically puny compared to both of them, but makes up for it with technical ability, near two-footedness, very good close control and being able to shoot well from outside the box.

I'm not quite as hyped about him as some people seem to be these days. I've seen a lot of comments on the internet suggesting that he should be in the race for the Ballon D'or and whatnot, and when he had a good spell of matches towards the end of the season, it was suggested  that City would be better off with him as their striker than Haaland. I'm not convinced that he's quite at that level, yet.

He's been very good, and even clutch on many occasions that he's played for Man City, but unfortunately he's not a starter for them yet, so it's hard to gauge how well he can perform on a consistent basis. I think his lasting impression, particularly for people who only watch Man City occasionally, benefits from it to some extent since his less impactful performances seem to go under the radar. But I really like Julian. His style of football is easy on the eye and he has plenty of potential. I wish he was a bit more aggressive in his approach to the game sometimes, but that's something that may improve in time. He's only 23. He plays more like an attacking midfielder than a striker, and he has the typical, physical profile of one.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:47 am

Thimmy, i believe the club strategy is to definitely bring in a striker for next season.

The game plan as I understand it is to try to get Mbappé  signature in January (edit - where have we heard that before). If the fails, which I suspect it will, then they will try offering Haaland’s exit clause at City. Now that’s if City doesn’t convince him to sign an extension. I personally prefer this option as I firmly believe he is a much better fit for us than the prima donna, better personality as well. However it will be difficult. It does seem that Flo is very determined to get one of the two.

And the third option is Alvarez. He isn’t the level of the other two, but with a lineup with World Class players at every position (assuming both Davies and Reece James come), the striker has to be good, but not necessarily the best.

And especially with the pending arrival of Endick next season. Way to soon to make any predictions about him, but there will be room for him to develop with Alvarez while with either Haaland or Mbappe will kill his career at Madrid before he even arrives.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:37 am

Mbappe will sign whenever he wants to sign and, according to all media in France, it will not be in January. He cannot do it in January for two reasons:
- He cannot sign and have that leaked. It would be suicide for him in France and in Paris unless PSG doesn't make the elimination rounds of CL, which is unlikely of course.
- He isn't certain to sign for Madrid. Madrid knows it. It's up to Madrid if the club wants to gamble and wait. Frankly, i don't see what else Madrid can do since they can't sign anyone else until next summer anyhow.

So do not fall for January or nothing line from the media re Mbappe. It's a false narrative. It will come down to the first week of June. Either Mbappe signs for Madrid and we all live happily ever after. Or he does not and Madrid will need to move to plan B.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:11 am

sportsczy wrote:It's a false narrative. It will come down to the first week of June. Either Mbappe signs for Madrid and we all live happily ever after. Or he does not and Madrid will need to move to plan B.

Last time it was supposed to be first week of august. Then deadline day. The media know absolutely nothing.

Alvarez has a contract until 2028, don't see how you're getting him either
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:Mbappe will sign whenever he wants to sign and, according to all media in France, it will not be in January.   He cannot do it in January for two reasons:
-  He cannot sign and have that leaked.  It would be suicide for him in France and in Paris unless PSG doesn't make the elimination rounds of CL, which is unlikely of course.
-  He isn't certain to sign for Madrid.  Madrid knows it.   It's up to Madrid if the club wants to gamble and wait.  Frankly, i don't see what else Madrid can do since they can't sign anyone else until next summer anyhow.

So do not fall for January or nothing line from the media re Mbappe.  It's a false narrative.  It will come down to the first week of June.  Either Mbappe signs for Madrid and we all live happily ever after.  Or he does not and Madrid will need to move to plan B.  

Madrid have made at least two (free agent) signings in the past few years. The agreements have been signed or agreed as early as beginning of February or as late as sometime in April, but not in effect until the end of June. If Mbappé is uninterested or if he is once again is playing with Flo or even possibly signing some renewal (even the reported one of a renewal that gives PSG some compensation on his so called free transfer) then I say Flo abandons the Mbappé approach!

Keep in mind this is the exact same strategy, used for both Alaba and Rüdiger, that is being pursued with Davies.

You keep saying Flo has to play by PSG or City or Mbappé rules yet he has assembled; Vinicius, Rodrygo, Camavinga, Tchouameni, Bellingham, Militao, Alaba, Rudiger by his own rules. Despite what you or Mbappé and family think he’s not the only fish in the pool!

You keep saying Mbappe wants to prove himself. That by definition says he wants to go with a winner. There are only 2 clubs that are capable of winning and dominating in next several years. Man City and RMad. Everyone else has problems. So if he really wants to prove himself, he would accept Flo’s offer as City is not an option as long as Haaland is there. However if his true objective is to go for the biggest money, then he either stays at PSG or one of the EPL losers. We’ll soon see if he’s in this for the money or does he want to establish himself as a winner! My bet is it’s the former!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:08 pm

On a different note, from the prima Donna, did any of you see Spain’s two games this week? Although, The opposition was weak, this kid Nico Williams is incredible. He plays very similar to Vinicius, in same position and makes something happen every time he gets ball. His passing for goals (he had three assists over the two games plus a goal) is incredible. His passes made on the run are so precise the scorer only had to make contact to put ball into open net. That’s something I’ve yet to see Vinicius do!

He’s only 21 and available next summer. He obviously isn’t a candidate for us primarily because of Vinicius. But as a Spaniard, it’s about time we found a game changer (besides Rodri).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:36 pm

One loss and the media is going nuts today!

Just today, there are the following stories out there.

- according to French press, Mbappe coming to Madrid confirmed to be happening in June.

- another report says Mbappe is listening to PSG renewal proposals

- Madrid looking to sign Osimhen in January after Napoli racist tweets.

- besides Endick, Madrid watching 3 other potential strikers from Slovenia, Ireland and Norway.

- madrid want Kubo in January (for 30m) while Arsenal want to trigger his 60M exit clause. If both bids submitted, it is Kubo who gets to choose.

- meanwhile Madrid is reportedly ready to accept Liverpool’s offer if 100M for Rodrygo, again in January.

- Xabi Alonso will be Madrid’s coach next season although his club in Germany want him to stay and Xabi has acknowledged that he also has desires to coach in Liverpool some day. Then to add onto this, apparently Xabi has named his first player request, a young MF at Bayern, as he believes both Kroos and Modric will,leave as he arrives and he wants backfill.

I doubt if any of this is true, but I don’t ever remember so many rumours in a single day before!!!

And none of this is coming from club, Flo nor Carlo!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:31 pm

I find recruitment news lately is really difficult to follow. It had been pretty obvious that the plan was to sign a CF, either Mbappe, Haaland or Alvarez, to sign Davies and to acquire a competent RW. Likely departures being Mendy, Lucas, Modric and Kroos. Plus incoming will be Endick and possibly an eventual replacement for Nacho.

Now there is a report that They may give up the pursuit of Mbappe (although that maybe just to put off talk about it until later next spring), Endick has been on fire lately including with Brasil NT, and Rodrygo has improved and club has confidence with him.

Rumors are Haaland may be attainable but cost will be high and seems as if talk of Alvarez have died.

Then there is the issue of formation, should they go with 4 midfielders or three forwards! If they go with 3 forwards, who goes to the bench: Bellingham, Tchouameni, Camavinga or Valverde?

Rodrygo staying likely kills any chance of a Kubo return.

And lately Bayern have indicated acquiring Davies will be met with resistance.

So what do think should be the plan for next summer?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next