CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams

+14
Zamuro
Magricos
Backspacer
Doc
Sushi Master
Chad
Lord Awesome
Mr Nick09
Turok_TTZ
BeautifulGame
Adit
Vibe
windkick
BarrileteCosmico
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams - Page 3 Empty Re: CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams

Post by Magricos Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Backspacer wrote:lol at some people knocking the US's alternate interests in sports.

That'd be like me knocking India for liking curry as a traditional dish rather than hotdogs/hamburgers. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong. It's just a difference in tastes.

Some people seem rather ignorant imagine knocking New Zealand for preferring Rugby.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams - Page 3 Empty Re: CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Mexico's old guard makes the current one look like shit. javier hernandez is shit compared to el matador... and there no successor to blanco. i fear for our future Sad.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

its becuz of our federation damn it!! actually we wud have been a world power had we not faced france in 98. they were the only ones who cud have stopped us and did but we didnt finish well... mexico at peak.

France? In 98? I don't remember playing against them. Unless you meant Germany?

damnit my memory is failing me. got it wrong 86 west germany.

dont recall correctly but my mind recalls when el matador hernandez and co was facing zidane and france... well shit my memory has been failing me recently.

Here it is, bro.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Backspacer wrote:lol at some people knocking the US's alternate interests in sports.

That'd be like me knocking India for liking curry as a traditional dish rather than hotdogs/hamburgers. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong. It's just a difference in tastes.

I thought it is my understanding that eating beef in india is frowned upon.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:lol wut kings?
The 9 World Cups sitting on our teams, our international reputation as "big guns", the sheer competitiveness of our leagues.

brazil is 50/50, argentina only beats us as our coaches never select the right gk against them for some reason(guaranteed loss)
Laughing

full team vs everyone this year's copa america, mexico wud win it no question with only uruguay to oppose us
CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams - Page 3 Haters21

Sorry, but I cannot take you seriously after that post. Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

its becuz of our federation damn it!! actually we wud have been a world power had we not faced france in 98. they were the only ones who cud have stopped us and did but we didnt finish well... mexico at peak.

France? In 98? I don't remember playing against them. Unless you meant Germany?

damnit my memory is failing me. got it wrong 86 west germany.

dont recall correctly but my mind recalls when el matador hernandez and co was facing zidane and france... well shit my memory has been failing me recently.

Here it is, bro.

trolololol campos. short guy but jumps like nobody's business. age did not do him favors. thankfully Guillermo Ochoa is a good successor to Campos. Though I rate Adolfo Rios better than Campos.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:lol wut kings?
The 9 World Cups sitting on our teams, our international reputation as "big guns", the sheer competitiveness of our leagues.

brazil is 50/50, argentina only beats us as our coaches never select the right gk against them for some reason(guaranteed loss)
Laughing

full team vs everyone this year's copa america, mexico wud win it no question with only uruguay to oppose us
CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams - Page 3 Haters21

Sorry, but I cannot take you seriously after that post. Laughing
u need to know our gks to really know why i posted that. in most of the defeats to argentina, we never selected Guillermo Ochoa, we always selected someone else for some bs reason. if ochoa was in the sticks, argentina wud have to work much harder to score on us as ochoa doesnt leave his line like a complete idiot so messi, aguero, higuain cant do simple as frak chip shots for easy goals. bernal doesnt position himself well and has butterfingers, ochoa doesnt have such nonsense.

Im not kidding, Ochoa is the only competent mexican goalie we have. everyone else is shit. and he usually never gets played against argentina Sad

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Slight bias there Turok.

I can understand, though.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Slight bias there Turok.

I can understand, though.

confederations cup will remove all doubt. will certainly be interesting when that competition starts.
fear for mexico though. old gen is far stronger than this current gen.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Actually, I think the opposite.

This gen has it to get to "el quinto partido". Chicharito, as much as I hate to admit, is the CF we've been looking for not to long ago. We had Esqueda as well but Lapuente and Reinoso ruined him. Should have kept "Chucho".

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Mexican keepers have always been solid, IMO.

Except that last one you took to the WC. El Conejito, something like that. A small bald guy that reminded me of our own keeper. Felt sorry for the guy when long balls went his way.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Conejo Perez was solid on his day, but yeah, he was the wrong election along with Guille Franco for 2010.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamuro Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:28 pm

To be honest, Ochoa is one of the most inconsistent keepers I've ever seen. I would prefer to see Talavera or even Corona instead of Ochoa.
Zamuro
Zamuro
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Maurotaurox wrote:To be honest, Ochoa is one of the most inconsistent keepers I've ever seen. I would prefer to see Talavera or even Corona instead of Ochoa.

Ochoa's getting over that, recently. He just needed confidence and has since been getting it back now that he's in Europe. He'll should start for Mexico now, surely.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Actually, I think the opposite.

This gen has it to get to "el quinto partido". Chicharito, as much as I hate to admit, is the CF we've been looking for not to long ago. We had Esqueda as well but Lapuente and Reinoso ruined him. Should have kept "Chucho".
America highups do not care for our club much like the fmf with our football.
Esqueda is easily better than hernandez, just needs confidence and a chance to shine. also needs a good coach to guide him. hernandez is very lucky to have made it far. but i feel he isnt the one to lead mexico to glory like el matador or blanco did.

@sushi master
Go watch Ovsaldo sanchez. he sullied mexico's rep of goalies with shit positioning. he is the main reason why we lose to argentina when he was selected. perez doesnt position well against longshots, really its only ochoa who has no real weakness.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Maurotaurox wrote:To be honest, Ochoa is one of the most inconsistent keepers I've ever seen. I would prefer to see Talavera or even Corona instead of Ochoa.
..... u cannot be serious, unless ofc u want mexico to lose.
talavera is shit, i have no idea why he is even being selected. corona is solid though but makes gomes like mistakes that costs us games.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:

Ochoa's getting over that, recently. He just needed confidence and has since been getting it back now that he's in Europe. He'll should start for Mexico now, surely.

I hope so. Mexico really missed him at 2010 wc.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:40 pm

People are making it sound like Mexico plays a Concacaf team for every friendly.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamuro Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
talavera is shit, i have no idea why he is even being selected. corona is solid though but makes gomes like mistakes that costs us games.

I am very serious. I must say, I've never been impressed with Ochoa so this might be a bit biased. Believe me, I follow Mexico as much as a Mexican and I almost never feel secure with seeing Ochoa on the field. Specially after his horrible performances after the World Cup when Arango scored two free kick pass him. I used to prefer Michel over him (He is not that good, I know, but I am a Chivista Razz ). Talavera ain't that bad, you are being harsh and I've always liked Corona.
Zamuro
Zamuro
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:Actually, I think the opposite.

America highups do not care for our club much like the fmf with our football.
Esqueda is easily better than hernandez, just needs confidence and a chance to shine. also needs a good coach to guide him. hernandez is very lucky to have made it far. but i feel he isnt the one to lead mexico to glory like el matador or blanco did.

Nah, I don't one can say Esqueda is better than Hernandez, at this point. Chicharito has what Hugo had really. They are almost the same. Esqueda does indeed have several chracteristics Chicharito deosn't have but his problem is as you mentioned he needs a good manger to lead him so he can excell at those abilities.

Hernandez since last year and a half has excelled in his Scoring and Posistioning abilities and that alone brought him to Manchester Utd.. If Esqueda can do the same, which I believe he still can, then I think a move to Europe and the fight for CF posisition in the NT won't be farfetch'd as it is now.

Esqueda has his chance now and he has to take advantage of it.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:12 pm

This is a good decision. More CONCACAF teams means more competition and a lot of CONCACAF teams will get a chance to shine on the big stage.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by honduran09 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:28 pm

you know what turok is afraid of us is that it wont be a free ticket to the final anymore I personally would love this even though i know honduras wont be able to do much it would without a doubt make us a stronger nation more competition is always good and like the op said its not like copa oro will be gone its just they will be held on different years so calm down... Laughing
honduran09
honduran09
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:26 pm

^^ Honduras shud be able to challenge mexico by now... Honduras>US.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Maurotaurox wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

I am very serious. I must say, I've never been impressed with Ochoa so this might be a bit biased. Believe me, I follow Mexico as much as a Mexican and I almost never feel secure with seeing Ochoa on the field. Specially after his horrible performances after the World Cup when Arango scored two free kick pass him. I used to prefer Michel over him (He is not that good, I know, but I am a Chivista Razz ). Talavera ain't that bad, you are being harsh and I've always liked Corona.

when u practically punch the ball into ur net rather than actually makign a save from an attempt at goal, that usually means ur not a good goalie.

Talavera is an embarassment. only reason he hasnt yet flopped hard is that he hasnt been srsly tested by a real team.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:41 pm

All this Mexico talk made me so nostalgic about the 98 team, Blanco, el Matador Luis Hernandez ( i loved him as a kid), Campos Smile, Cabrito Arellano and Palencia (making a fool out of himself nowadays). The team was good but we were so isolated in terms of footballing knowledge, nowaydays almost all those players would be in Europe.

Anyways, getting back on topic i think this is an overdue idea, this benifits everyone, especially Mexico (more constant top level competition) and would be a great tournament, i hope it goes through.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:40 pm

What they should do is make a completely new tournament with both Concacaf and Conmebol (sp?), replacing both the Copa America and the Gold Cup. Like that, you have quite a lot of teams to draw on meaning it could be a better competition like the Euro, and also more good teams, as well as more money of course. You also have more of a chance of convincing the Concacaf nations, because like this countries like Mexico are a bit cheated. It would be a good gesture to hold the first edition in Mexico, yes. Maybe the two finalists would go to the Confederations Cup, or the Winner and Third place, who knows.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next