BarrileteCosmico
zizzle
Albiceleste
Magricos
Adit
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Copa America a serious competetion?? Empty Is Copa America a serious competetion??

Post by Adit Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:17 am

Seriously,it is way inferior to Euro cup imo,

Mexico sending U-23 11,isnt that an insult to copa?? 🐷

I would rather rate african nations cup than this "nobodycares" copa americana.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Is Copa America a serious competetion?? Empty Re: Is Copa America a serious competetion??

Post by Magricos Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:23 am

Lol are you serious.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Is Copa America a serious competetion?? Empty Re: Is Copa America a serious competetion??

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:25 am

Lol, you rate african nations cup over Copa America? hahaha oh wow

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 am

obvious troll is obvious
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:29 am

The top 8 in the WC had 4 South Americans, 3 Europeans, and 1 African

I rest my case.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:30 am

trolling or not,if a NT is sending their under 23 team to a so called "big tournament" i dont know what is the reputation of that tourn.give me a reason.

copa is as serious as mexico sending their u-23 team.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:32 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The top 8 in the WC had 4 South Americans, 3 Europeans, and 1 African

I rest my case.
its not about NT vs Nt or sothe america vs europe..its about how serious of a trophy is copa america.?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:33 am

So you're judging the Copa by the guests that were invited? The Copa America is the oldest international competition and one of the most prestigious.

I don't understand your point in the last one. How does 'how serious of a trophy' differ from 'quality of football'?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:35 am

Adit wrote:trolling or not,if a NT is sending their under 23 team to a so called "big tournament" i dont know what is the reputation of that tourn.give me a reason.

Mexico didn't send their full squad because they just finished the gold cup and would be tired

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:36 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So you're judging the Copa by the guests that were invited? The Copa America is the oldest international competition and one of the most prestigious.

I don't understand your point in the last one. How does 'how serious of a trophy' differ from 'quality of football'?
qua;ity of football is also related to the relevence of tournament.Thats why we are able to see much bigger and quality football in euro cup and world cup.will mexico send their u-23 team if they got an invitation for euro? no way.sorry for my bad eng.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:37 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Adit wrote:trolling or not,if a NT is sending their under 23 team to a so called "big tournament" i dont know what is the reputation of that tourn.give me a reason.

Mexico didn't send their full squad because they just finished the gold cup and would be tired

Lol gold cup>>>>>copa
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:38 am

Mexico would give the same treatment to the Euro Cup. You think they would rather win a trophy or aim for semi-finals in Europe?

ETA:
Adit wrote:qua;ity of football is also related to the relevence of tournament.Thats why we are able to see much bigger and quality football in euro cup and world cup.will mexico send their u-23 team if they got an invitation for euro? no way.sorry for my bad eng.
But the quality of football is by all means higher or equal in South America than in Europe. No ridiculously small countries to bring the quality down.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:38 am

Euros wont invite anyone.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:41 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Mexico would give the same treatment to the Euro Cup. You think they would rather win a trophy or aim for semi-finals in Europe?
i highly doubts it.Btw Euro semi finalists >>>>>copa finalists any day of the week.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:41 am

Magricos wrote: Euros wont invite anyone.
i know,just imaginary.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:44 am

Adit wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

Lol gold cup>>>>>copa
Lol, good one, Chile Paraguay Argentina Brazil Uruguay Colombia Ecuador Peru > USA and Mexico
Name a relevant country from CONCACAF

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:47 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
But the quality of football is by all means higher or equal in South America than in Europe. No ridiculously small countries to bring the quality down.
Not even close,Euro have alot of big teams while copa have barley 1.5.,I would only rate Brazil vs argentina on par with germ vs ita,spain vs what ever..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:48 am

I was actually thinking the same thing, did some research because the african cup,Euro, asian cups are pretty serious with qualifying stages before the tournment itself.
SO turns out in South america there are only 10 countries that play football so they don't need qualifying stages. But they need 12 nations to start a tournament, So each time they invite 2 outsider nations. So mexico is pretty much a guest, They were only allowed by concacaf to send the U23 Olympic team+5 over aged players. This year they invite mexico, japan, spain. Spain and japan decline and were replaced with costa rica.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:50 am

Lol, how many European teams are 'top' right now? Only NL, Ger & Spain. Today, Paraguay/Chile vs Italy/France/Portugal would be an even match based on quality of play, not quality of players.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:53 am

I just don't see why Mexico wouldn't try and actually compete for Copa Am, it's clearly a bigger tourny than Gold Cup
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:53 am

Messi wrote:I was actually thinking the same thing, did some research because the african cup,Euro, asian cups are pretty serious with qualifying stages before the tournment itself.
SO turns out in South america there are only 10 countries that play football so they don't need qualifying stages. But they need 12 nations to start a tournament, So each time they invite 2 outsider nations. So mexico is pretty much a guest, They were only allowed by concacaf to send the U23 Olympic team+5 over aged players. This year they invite mexico, japan, spain. Spain and japan decline and were replaced with costa rica.
exactly my point.At least some one with sense who wont jump to "obvious troll is obvious " band wagon before understanding the thread.

this Guest part in this tournament is really weak and plays down the importance of the trophy.Whats the point of qualifiers then?? LMAO
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:55 am

...There are no qualifiers for the Copa America dude. :facepalm:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:55 am

Adit wrote:
Messi wrote:I was actually thinking the same thing, did some research because the african cup,Euro, asian cups are pretty serious with qualifying stages before the tournment itself.
exactly my point.At least some one with sense who wont jump to "obvious troll is obvious " band wagon before understanding the thread.

this Guest part in this tournament is really weak and plays down the importance of the trophy.Whats the point of qualifiers then?? LMAO
Qualifiers? LOOOOOOOOOOoooOOoOOoooOOOOoL

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:57 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:...There are no qualifiers for the Copa America dude. :facepalm:
oh yeah my bad but but,a tornament which dont even have a qualifier to start with and giving free pass to who ever ..and what ever country LMAO

i gues next time my country india will get a free pass to copa LMAO,

No qualifiers,GO india

says alot about copa and thank you for proving my point....
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:00 am

Adit wrote:

There are no qualifiers. But, more teams= more games=more money. The guest does ruin it. Becuase you can have japan as south American champion which makes no sense.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next