S
Mr Nick09
Kaladin
45 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Paul Pogba - The resurgence  - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul Pogba - The resurgence

Post by S Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Manchester United are ready to offer Paul Pogba £500,000-a-week to stay at the club. He’s currently on £290,000-a-week and his contract runs out in 2 years. (Source: Daily Mail)

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Went to the Daily Mail just to see the comments...and I wasn't disappointed Laughing :

Overrated, piece of ordinary crap who thinks he is bigger than ManU!!! Im not a ManU fan but I wouldnt have him for free down the Wolves as he would probably destroy everything Nuno has built. 500k a week makes me want to puke on him, how much good could that do for ordinary people struggling in our society and that prat cant be bothered to give 100% for probably the best club in the land?!?!

Over rated. Lazy. Bad influence on younger players. So..... Let's pay him 2m a month!!

Are you having a laugh, have they not learnt from sanchez not wanting to play, get rid of him he's cancer to the club

That's crazy ! Hardly performs in any games ! Big game or small game , one thing is for sure , Pogba won't perform

SEND A TROOP OF SQUIRRELS TO OLD TRAFFORD. THEY ARE OVERLOADED WITH NUTS THEN CHIEF ONE IS NAMED WOODWARD. GET RID OF POGBA, LUKAKU AND SANCHEZ. AANNDD LETS BUILD A POSITIVE TEAM

And my personal favorite:
They say you should always replace a player with an equally talented one. My son sucks at football. My god does he suck! He has a very low work rate and rarely ever does he perform. He would be the perfect replacement for Pogba then. I'll tell him to quit school right now. £500,000-a-week here we come!
Okay, okay, I might be the one who wrote the last one Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:30 pm

So you found scummy comments under a scummy news article in a scummy newspaper.

Well done Thumbs up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:31 pm

Cant wait to see POGBOOM lift the CL trophy next season and dabbing with it for DoC
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:20 pm

I can't wait either. I'll just stock up on food and water if you don't mind cause something tells me the wait is gonna be long.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:09 pm

Pogba would prefer to return to Juve instead of Real. [Di Marzio]
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:36 pm

His "new challenge" statement, increasing flirting with Real Madrid, and his brother's insistence that he'll be a Real Madrid player don't make a whole lot of sense if he simply wants to return to his old club... again Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Paul Pogba at Juventus is more than a dream, The French midfielder has decided to leave & Could force to return to Turin, Manchester United would not want to sell him for less than €140m, Paratici would like to include a player in the deal. [Romeo Agresti]

The most reliable Juve source reporting this

Has legs to it
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:40 pm

Bonucci + Dybala + 60M, done dealio

you're probably trying to offload Higuain or something though rofl

none of your other players have any worth to us
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:44 pm

Firenze wrote:Bonucci + Dybala + 60M, done dealio

you're probably trying to offload Higuain or something though rofl

none of your other players have any worth to us

Yes, because they can do better than finishing in sixth place
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Firenze wrote:Bonucci + Dybala + 60M, done dealio

That actually could work. Maybe the 60m would be lowered but that deal would work out nicely for both parties.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Except Dybala and Bonucci will never agree to come to Utd.  Even the likes of Sancho and Rice are rejecting us, so what hope do we have with the rest. Even if someone like Dybala do join, it will be because we end up paying like 600k. No way it will do us any good.

Personally, would only want straight up cash. 120-150 mil give or take. Willing to reduce 30 mil from the original valuation of 150 mil cos keeping a disinterested, sulking, jogging Pogba will only hurt us in our quest for a top 6 finish next season.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:43 pm

lol is there really any United fan on GL who wants Pogba to stay? No, no, let's extend it a branch: is there any United fan on RedCafe that wants Pogba to stay?

No, you know what? Let's make it even more interesting: is there any United fan who wants Pogba to stay?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:36 pm

I'm pretty sure Firenze has said a few times that he wouldn't mind Pogba staying. Sounds good, to me. We've already gone through a season characterized by apathy and lethargy at Real Madrid. I don't know why some people think Pogba, of all people, would change that. My biggest gripe with him is that it seems to me that his indifferent, arrogant attitude is contagious to his team mates, and such players are absolute cancers to have on your team, when they don't arbitrarily decide to be up for the task. It's always "what he did at Juventus, the world cup" and "he would thrive if surrounded by better players" with him. Give me a break. Anyone who doesn't mind mostly looking like shit on a stick for 3 years, is probably not worth keeping.

You can't live on your supposed potential or talent forever, it's consistency and a winning attitude that's the common denominator in the truly elite players. Pogba is so self-centered, his worst enemy on the pitch is probably acne. There is of course a possibility that he would move to a different team and miraculously change his ways after getting whipped by someone with leadership qualities, but I'd definitely prefer if he didn't become our problem.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:42 pm

There's no "supposed" to it lol.  He is a wc player without a question of a doubt lol.

The only problem i have is that Ndombele is every bit as good and he's getting sold for 70 mil.... likely to man u or spurs. So why not just get him?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:There's no "supposed" to it lol.  He is a wc player without a question of a doubt lol.

The only problem i have is that Ndombele is every bit as good and he's getting sold for 70 mil....  likely to man u or spurs.  So why not just get him?

The "supposed to" is warranted. Flashes of brilliance here and there doesn't compensate for lack of consistency. He could have all of the talent in the world, doesn't matter when he cuts a frustrated figure during the majority of a league season. Talent is nothing without a certain amount of effort. I've actually watched Man United quite a few times and thought to myself "thank god, he doesn't play for us".

He may be able to rack up some respectable numbers while playing in second gear in the league, but it's the actual sustained level of performance that matters. I would really prefer a player who has both talent and the ability to perform on a reasonably consistent basis. Pogba has yet to prove that he's that guy. He may be a world class talent, but I'm not convinced that he's a world class performer.

I'm not familiar with Ndombele, at all, but if he's as good as you say he is and he has a decent work rate as well, then he sounds almost too good to be true. He's younger, as well.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:16 pm

Thimmy, you beautiful Norwegian Proud

You always echo my own thoughts and there are times where you seriously make me wonder if it's your post I'm reading or if I'm just reading my own post.

+1.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:50 pm

It's not "flashes" looooool. Anyhow, I'm done with responding to inane posts about this. Have fun.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:12 pm

Zidane did not comeback to Madrid so that he would sign lads like Eriksen. I wouldn't be surprised if Pogba was his n1 condition to coming back. 140mil? We will pay what it takes
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:It's not "flashes" looooool.  Anyhow, I'm done with responding to inane posts about this.  Have fun.

Well, there can only be two reasons why you say that. Well, three, considering what a poorly kept secret your french bias is. You either have limited experience with watching him play for Man United, or you simply exclude the last 3 years of club football from the equation, inlcuding it only when it's convenient for you to do so. He's Man United's most talented player by quite some distance, and yet he only performs well in spurts at a time, and relatively rarely so, if you ask me. What do you call a player like that? A world cup winner? Alrighty then.

Also, no one expects you to respond. I don't know why you're making a big deal out of it Laughing That's completely up to you, man. Be my guest and don't respond. Viva la France.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:49 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Zidane did not comeback to Madrid so that he would sign lads like Eriksen. I wouldn't be surprised if Pogba was his n1 condition to coming back. 140mil? We will pay what it takes

You making it seem Eriksen is like signing Lee Clattermole. He's a lovely midfielder, if Zizou can't get Paul (which looks very much likely), the club has every right and rank to purchase the next available midfielder. If it is Eriksen, well, I would be happy. In any case, Zizou has two options:

Accept it or leave. Would be hilarious if he chooses the latter over one player though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:07 pm

You are wrong in that the club was in a position of weakness because of bad results when they went to Zidane. So if he made his condition to return as Pogba then you best believe they will go to the end of the Mercato to get him. And if they don't they will need to give Zidane a good explanation about why it didn't work.

I like aggregation of sources and all that I have read about Madrid, from the few journalists who are informed about the club, is very clear: Zidane does not want Eriksen.

This is like when we were scouting Junior Firpo all season and Zidane came in, laughed at their reports and told them to go sign Mendy.

Zidane has already shredded those Eriksen reports

The media will keep bringing up Eriksen's name, but it's an easy bet for me that he is not a Madrid player by end of summer
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Again, if Zizou cannot get Pogba and the club (you know, the institution that pays his wages) gets another midfielder that is of good value, Zizou can accept it (and at the same time, bench his ass for the foreseeable future) or leave.

Sure, the club would do their very best to get Pogba, I don't doubt that but I believe Madrid has a fiscal and sane responsibility to know when they cannot get a target and focus elsewhere. If Zizou, a stranger I honestly adore, cannot accept that and wants to leave, he is free to do so.

But for you to make it seem someone like Eriksen is some inferior footballer who is beneath this club, well, you're wrong. Like flat out wrong.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:00 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:lol is there really any United fan on GL who wants Pogba to stay? No, no, let's extend it a branch: is there any United fan on RedCafe that wants Pogba to stay?

No, you know what? Let's make it even more interesting: is there any United fan who wants Pogba to stay?

There are plenty sadly. Who will happily give him half a million pounds a week, who rather we keep him over signing anyone at all.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:08 am

I ageee with doc

It can't be Pogba or combust, he has to meet the club half way. The club are well within their right not to drop 140M on the dab king. If getting Pogba is impossible/unreasonable we have to move on. He has to have a plan b. The club already dropped their pursuit of Firpo and Neymar because he was hellbent on getting Hazard and Mendy. There are great players outside of France you know. If he is so obsessed about French players he should just go and buy Ndombele and Pepe and call it a day

Seriously this obsession abouy Pogba is getting on my nerves
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:24 pm

I can’t wait to see reactions of both Sports and Nick!    affraid

Reports are out today that not only have Real backed off pursuing Pogba, after Man U rejected latest offer, which included Ceballos and Bale, they have also lost interest, if there ever was any, in Neymar, after PSG put up a price tag of 300M.

Expect a pursuit now for Ndombele!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down