Perucho21
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:29 pm

I wasn’t saying there were true or not anymore than your BS about Neymar.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:I don't think there's any budget for Neymar.... AND, after we bought Hazard, no room for him.  That ship sailed once Hazard was purchased.

Pogba i think will happen.  Man U is asking for too much in terms of fee and Madrid want Pogba to force the issue... which he's reluctant to do.  But he'll do it as a last resort.  

If there were Ndombele rumors, i'd find them more credible because he's a similar profile to Pogba.  But I don't find Eriksen or DeBeek credible because they're the exact type of midfielder ZZ doesn't want.  He's looking for CMs that can break lines and carry the ball from defense to offense...  not AMs.

This is more common sense thinking on my part than anything else.
the argument about the budget is one i dont understand. we just dumped all of our signings so far on the 18/19 budget, and the new fiscal year starts on july 1st, we can easily make funds available to sign neymar if need be.

also, have you forgotten that Neymar spent the season playing behind the striker, in europe psg was running something close to a 4231. that means you can easily slot neymar behind the CF, and hazard left.

i dont know what will happen with neymar, but i dont expect perez to do nothing about it. at least, i would be surprised if there is 0 attempt after how long he has been trying to get him

I also expect Pogba to sign, we will see.

the rest i agree with you
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:42 pm

Benzema
Hazard-Neymar-Lucas Vasquez

who says no hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:50 pm

No we can't unless we take the Barca route and borrow 100s of millions.  Flo isn't going to do that.  He's a businessman... not some politician numpty.

250 mil + 30 mil in wages is not something we can afford after already spending 300 million.  I think we're even having some trouble with Pogba's asking price, which is nowhere near Neymar's.

Nothing to do with FFP.  It's about fiscal responsibility.  AND it's not as if we're in dire need of Neymar given we signed Hazard.

It makes little to no sense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:58 pm

Way too many hurdles to make Neymar happen.

1) We have Hazard playing his natural position
2) ZZ likes a balanced team and Hazard - Neymar - Benz/Jovic - Vini/Rodrygo is wayy too top heavy and provides no defensive help.
3) We may have the money to make the deal happen, but when we are still trying to bring in a midfielder (who we need way more than another LW) for big money, I doubt it would be financially possible and certainly not financially reasonable. We still need to rid of players on massive wages (*cough* Bale) I doubt Flo would spend potentially 150m on Pogba, massive wages, and then over 200m for Neymar and even more wages.
4) Does the club even want him? I haven't read anything to suggest we would be after him. Sure deals can happen out of the blue, but how often is that?

When we start to weight all of these things, it just doesn't make the Neymar deal too likely IMO. I don't see it happening anyway.

Last edited by vanDEEZ on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:59 pm

Perez is not afraid of borrowing, he has done it before. I think selling players will help a great deal in that regards, and i believe we had built some cash reserves over the past 3 summers due to the limited transfer activities. We have already generated 110 mil by selling 3 players, i think we can generate another 150 mil if we really focus on selling players. As for the salary, the wage budget is completely separate.

Let's put it this way, i dont think money or position on the pitch is a limitation in this scenario. what sucks is having to deal with the media circus, and in this regards the club did well to brief the media they are not after him.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:03 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Way too many hurdles to make Neymar happen.

2) ZZ likes a balanced team and Hazard - Neymar - Benz/Jovic - Vini/Rodrygo is wayy too top heavy and provides no defensive help.
3) We may have the money to make the deal happen, but when we are still trying to bring in a midfielder (who we need way more than another LW) for big money, I doubt it would be financially possible and certainly not financially reasonable.
4) Does the club even want him? I haven't read anything to suggest we would be after him. Sure deals can happen out of the blue, but how often is that?

When we start to weight all of these things, it just doesn't make the Neymar deal too likely IMO. I don't see it happening anyway.

1) Neymar or Hazard can easily play behind the striker in a 4231. Neymar was destroying ligue 1 last season doing just that.
2) we need to be top heavy in my opinion, we need goals, and we have barely signed a starter that is a high volume scorer and will help in that regard. top heavy >>>
3) money is not an issue
4) i think Perez is still in love with nerman

i dont see hurdles, again this is my opinion, if we can sign neymar we definitely should because he is that much a difference maker when he plays. Now as a club, if you sign a guy like him, you have to put the structure around him to keep him in check and just like we had this conversation with Pogba, i think Zidane, Juni Calafat, JAS and Perez will do just that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:12 pm

I think how ZZ wants the team to be set up and how you want the team to be set up are two different things. I personally don't see him playing that way because he's never played a 4-2-3-1 from what I can recall, and even if he has it would have been such a rare occurrence. And I have to keep going back to ZZ's philosophy- if there is one thing I know about ZZ from watching him manage for the time he's been here is that he first and foremost wants balance. A 4-2-3-1 can be balanced but not with our current midfield, and certainly not when Hazard, Benzema, Neymar, and Vini don't track back.

To win with ZZ, we might not score a million goals, but with his typical 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 Zidiamond we will control the midfield, and grind out wins. Most teams don't have a high volume scorer, it is possible to win without one.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:12 pm

Nick doesn't care about facts he just want a another hype dribbler to salivate over since lying about isco is wearing thin nowadays, again some you guys proving you would run the club into the ground for a overly injured diva, just for bragging right and 5 mins YouTube clip.

one thing I know about flo if he really wants a player he will either just pay the fee or just talk about the player interviews a lot, he ain't doing that for Neymar or Pogba or mbappe, if it wasn't for zz  flo would have passed on Pogba long ago and buy someone for a reasonable price like Erikson or vdb, if Pogba doesn't want to force an exit good let him stay 6th utd.

Last edited by chad4401 on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:17 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:Way too many hurdles to make Neymar happen.

3) We may have the money to make the deal happen, but when we are still trying to bring in a midfielder (who we need way more than another LW) for big money, I doubt it would be financially possible and certainly not financially reasonable.

1) Neymar or Hazard can easily play behind the striker in a 4231. Neymar was destroying ligue 1 last season doing just that.
2) we need to be top heavy in my opinion, we need goals, and we have barely signed a starter that is a high volume scorer and will help in that regard. top heavy >>>
3) money is not an issue
4) i think Perez is still in love with nerman

i dont see hurdles, again this is my opinion, if we can sign neymar we definitely should because he is that much a difference maker when he plays. Now as a club, if you sign a guy like him, you have to put the structure around him to keep him in check and just like we had this conversation with Pogba, i think Zidane, Juni Calafat, JAS and Perez will do just that.

Goals aren't the club problem it's team work if everyone wants to be the next cr, and play like a selfish turd it's still gonna be a struggle regardless, if the play their roles goals will come, if it's a repeat of last season where fucking asensio and carvajal kicking shots from the corner flags cause the team need goals it's gonna be a failure.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:27 pm

@Deez, he played 4231 last season bro, and that's all he was running with castilla. the 433 is what he found in madrid, the heritage of Ancelotti. Anyway, we dont know what he has planned in his mind for next season, im just making the argument that if neymar is available, i think we should sign him. my argument is also that he tactically fits with the other guys we have, it's not a restriction.

I dont want to use example of formations we ran with 4 midfielders and CR at the club because even Zidane knew CR would deliver the goals. he bailed us out so much, you can't operate with the same logic anymore. you have to open up a bit more to score, take more risks going forward etc... CR is no longer running to bail the offense out.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:12 pm

He played 4312 quite a bit with Isco but not a 4231.  He played almost exclusively a 442 with Lucas or a 433.  Mostly a 442 because CR went central with Benzema.

I'm telling you Nick, hell will freeze over first before ZZ plays a 4231 with Hazard, Benzema, etc. consistently and especially in big games.

Literally zero chance it happens.  The only time he plays a 2 man midfield (not even a 4231 but a 4222 with CR and Benz) is when we're chasing the score and need goals desperately at the end of a game and against shit teams because he wanted to get playing time for Isco and Asensio.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:40 pm

4231 is just a variation of the 442, it works for me lol. The point is there are ways to make the team. It was easy to play those 3 midfield line ups when CR was around because he was making the difference all by himself. We are in a position where we have to take risks now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:49 pm

it's not at all.  in a 4231, you have 2 B2Bs and a AM.  The wingers in a 4231 MUST defend.  That's why Mou had so many problems with CR, Hazard, Sanchez, Martial, Pogba, etc....  you need horses in the midfield and wide forward positions.

That's not at all what we have either at the CM position or the wing position.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:23 pm

442 or 4231, all the same bro, let's not argue this. It's the type of players that matters.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:39 pm

According to Marca, Spurs have reached out to Madrid to offer Eriksen for 70 mil Laughing

They need the money for Ndombele Laughing

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:45 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:According to Marca, Spurs have reached out to Madrid to offer Eriksen for 70 mil Laughing

They need the money for Ndombele Laughing

If it's BS, that's normal for Marca with lack of news... but if it's true, how desperate lol.

Doesn't sound like something Levy would do at all though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:47 pm

It's Jose Felix reporting, I always take what he says seriously. Given their cash flow problems I don't think they want to lose Eriksen on a free next season. Negotiating a reasonable price with another club makes sense now. Oh and I doubt that we would be the only team being informed his price is €70 mil
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:52 pm

in this era, 4 4 2 is very similar to a 4 2 3 1, only difference is one has an AM another has an SS, lol skip the semantics, that's literally the only difference. anyway the summer isn't over, i've just been relaxing and watching how all this unfolds, and i'm trying to stay away from the rumors at the same time. just patiently waiting i guess
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:55 pm

By design, 442 is a flat formation whereas a 4231 relies on triangles.  That's the reason the 4231 is so physically demanding.  The advanced players have to drop into the midfield and even defense to cover gaps both offensively and defensively.  And let's not forget one uses the lone striker as a focal point while the other uses two strikers.

Here's a good analysis:  
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/football-tactics-explained-most-common-formations-and-how-beat-them?page=0%2C2

It's completely different. I can't believe you're saying it's the same tito.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:25 pm

70m for Eriksen is a steal, but Marca has been publishing many garbage articles lately so I'll be taking this rumor with a pinch of salt.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:52 pm

What does it become when you take the second striker out of a 4 4 2 and add an attacking mid? Exactly my point,  I dont need pie charts, graphs or carragher's stylus pen to give me the answer, it isnt rocket science. Both have 4 at the back, 2 midfielders (whether Cm and/or dm), 2 wide players and at least 1 forward.....looks pretty similar to me. Everything else depends on the actual personnel
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:54 pm

@demon I dont think zizou is interested in signing him. At least that's what I'm hearing , may or may not be true.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:55 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:70m for Eriksen is a steal, but Marca has been publishing many garbage articles lately so I'll be taking this rumor with a pinch of salt.

Marca stealing my scoop imo
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:00 am

i see Eriksen signing for United to replace Pogba
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:26 am

I see Pogba signing for PSG, to add to their existing collection of talented, unpredictably performing divas with weak, big game mentalities. Perfect match.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next